PDA

View Full Version : HOORAY!

Tony Oday
06-24-2008, 01:28 PM
I started a job with the Minnesota Wild...I will be in new business development! Very excited. I get to work for my second favorite sports team!

BallHawk
06-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Congrats. :D

Wish Wisconsin had a hockey team.

packinpatland
06-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Congratulations...............having a job you love is a good thing!

I know next to nothing about hockey..........but why doesn't WS have a team?

GoPackGo
06-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Congrats. :D

Wish Wisconsin had a hockey team.

The Badgers mens and women hockey team were national champs 2 years ago. Also, the Milwaukee Admirals are a good time, even though I hate the uniforms. They used to have the best red, white, and blue uniforms and it seemed they almost always dropped gloves when I went to games

GoPackGo
06-24-2008, 02:16 PM
I started a job with the Minnesota Wild...I will be in new business development! Very excited. I get to work for my second favorite sports team!

maybe you can walk into your boss's office on your first day and demand they change their name back to the Northstars 8-)

red
06-24-2008, 02:26 PM
thats awesome, nice job tony

i need a job with a sports team

Gunakor
06-24-2008, 02:42 PM

I don't think there is enough interest in the sport here in Wisconsin to warrant a professional team. We get our hockey fill from the Badgers, who are alot of times ranked amongst the college elite. The NHL's recent work stoppage even further eroded interest, especially since it coincided with the resurgence of the Packers and Brewers. I don't think many here care for a professional hockey team.

Tony Oday
06-24-2008, 04:16 PM
three words: Green Bay Packers

Plus Betman is all about getting teams in warm weather...dumb I know but that is the way the NHL wants to go.

Joemailman
06-24-2008, 04:23 PM

I don't think there is enough interest in the sport here in Wisconsin to warrant a professional team. We get our hockey fill from the Badgers, who are alot of times ranked amongst the college elite. The NHL's recent work stoppage even further eroded interest, especially since it coincided with the resurgence of the Packers and Brewers. I don't think many here care for a professional hockey team.

Back in the 1980's, when i was a Chicago Blackhawks season ticket holder, the Blackhawks played a couple of pre-season games in Milwaukee. I believe they did it as a favor to Lloyd Pettit, who had been a Hall of Fame announcer for the Blackhawks, and was interested in pursuing the possibility of bringing an NHL team to Milwaukee. Unfortunately, the games did not draw particularly large crowds, and pretty much eliminated that idea.

GrnBay007
06-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Congratulations Tony!

MJZiggy
06-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Nice job, Tony! (Unintentional pun realized, then intended. 8-) )

May you have many happy years there.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Milwaukee doesn't have a team for one simple reason...couldn't support it.

Not a big enough city with enough disposable dollars to support 3 winter sports...Bucks, Warriors and hockey team.

digitaldean
06-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Hey, now maybe I can score some Wild tickets (that aren't in the nosebleed section)
:wink:

Congrats, man!

Was sad seeing the Wild bow to the Avs. Here's to better things this season.

Tony Oday
06-25-2008, 10:18 AM
and so far this year DR is acting like TT just letting all the older talent leave and doing nothing in free agency! :(