MJZiggy
06-25-2008, 05:50 AM
China
India
United States
Indonesia
Brazil

That's the right answer.

Off the top of my head, that looks about right to me.

Patler
06-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Ready... go...

I was taken aback by one of them.

Which one surprised you?

retailguy
06-25-2008, 08:08 AM
Ready... go...

I was taken aback by one of them.

Which one surprised you?

China :wink:

oregonpackfan
06-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Here is an interesting listing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population

Guiness
06-25-2008, 11:29 AM
China
India
United States
Indonesia
Brazil

That's the right answer.

Ok, I was close - I had Russia in there instead of Brazil...I guess I was thinking Soviet Union instead of Russia.

Geez, I'll never forget a Final Jeopardy question I saw that made my jaw drop...answer was something like "with over 800 million people, this is the world's second most populas country". The question one contestant put down? You guessed it, the USA.

Partial
06-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Indonesia. My guess is anyone who knew that is lying. Do they count all those small islands as Indonesia???

BallHawk
06-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Indonesia. My guess is anyone who knew that is lying. Do they count all those small islands as Indonesia???

What do you consider small? Indonesia's bulkload comes from islands like Java, Sumatra, Sulawesi, and Borneo (their part.) Yeah, there are small islands but Indonesia just has a lot of people.

The island of Java alone would be the 11th largest country in the world.

And you don't have to lie to know that.

Guiness
06-25-2008, 05:11 PM

That's a pretty ignorant remark. Yes, I knew it.

the_idle_threat
06-25-2008, 05:26 PM
I knew about Indonesis, but I was not sure about Brazil. I thought Russia might have fit in there somewhere.

Joemailman
06-25-2008, 05:53 PM

17,508 islands to be exact. Also the world's most populous Muslim-majority country. This one didn't surprise me. Like some others, I figured Russia instead of Brazil.

MJZiggy
06-25-2008, 06:06 PM
I knew about Indonesis, but I was not sure about Brazil. I thought Russia might have fit in there somewhere.

Too much tundra wilderness. It has a big land mass, but would you really want to live there? :idea: Never mind.

Scott Campbell
06-25-2008, 06:14 PM
Scott Campbell's compound rated #112........and on the rise!

the_idle_threat
06-25-2008, 06:17 PM

Too much tundra wilderness. It has a big land mass, but would you really want to live there? :idea: Never mind.

I thought Russia was right up there, but I think I was thinking U.S.S.R. like Guiness was. Russia comes in at #9 according to Wikipedia. Consider that Japan comes in at #10, and compare the land masses. :shock:

texaspackerbacker
06-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Russia has supposedly decreased in population in the last couple of decades. Still, I question these statistics. It's hard to believe Brazil has passed it up, much less 3 others.

Partial
06-25-2008, 07:16 PM

What do you consider small? Indonesia's bulkload comes from islands like Java, Sumatra, Sulawesi, and Borneo (their part.) Yeah, there are small islands but Indonesia just has a lot of people.

Dude, you are so full of shit. Honestly dude you either have ZERO life outside of wikipedia, or are just full of it.

Partial
06-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Anyone wanna try 6-10?

RashanGary
06-25-2008, 07:26 PM
I didn't read the thread, but I'll do my best:

China
India
Pakastan
Brazil
Mexico

Freak Out
06-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Russia has supposedly decreased in population in the last couple of decades. Still, I question these statistics. It's hard to believe Brazil has passed it up, much less 3 others.

The breakup changed everything.

texaspackerbacker
06-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Russia indeed has decreaed--by around 7 million from 1992-2007.

I would think Pakistan and Japan would be in 6-10. Beyond that it's hard to figure. Maybe Malaysia, Nigeria, maybe even Mexico--especially if you count citizens living outside the borders :lol: .

BallHawk
06-25-2008, 07:50 PM

Dude, you are so full of shit. Honestly dude you either have ZERO life outside of wikipedia, or are just full of it.

Fucking 3rd place in the state geography bee, Partial. Sorry for having hobbies and interests. Maybe I'll join you someday in the hobby of talking out of one's ass. I think I'm good for now, though.

And also, to answer your question.

Pakistan
Bangladesh
Nigeria
Russia
Japan

That's also the right answer.

Harlan Huckleby
06-25-2008, 08:22 PM
China
India
United States
Indonesia
Brazil

That's the right answer.

i got all but brazil.

canada got to be on there somewhere, that place is fuckin huge.

BallHawk
06-25-2008, 08:38 PM
China
India
United States
Indonesia
Brazil

That's the right answer.

i got all but brazil.

canada got to be on there somewhere, that place is fuckin huge.

There's so much unused land though. I can't remember the statistic exactly but it was something like 70% of Canada's population lives within 100 miles of the U.S. Border. Canada's 230th out of 241 in population density at 4.1 people per square mile. Places like Yukon, NW Territories, and Nunavut are just barren.

Harlan Huckleby
06-25-2008, 08:39 PM
ya, i sorta knew that. i know some stuff.

MJZiggy
06-25-2008, 08:44 PM

Fucking 3rd place in the state geography bee, Partial. Sorry for having hobbies and interests. Maybe I'll join you someday in the hobby of talking out of one's ass. I think I'm good for now, though.

Pakistan
Bangladesh
Nigeria
Russia
Japan

How can you possibly be yelling at Partial and not bring up the fact that populace is a noun? And P, people do tend to know things...just because you don't doesn't mean no one does.

Zool
06-26-2008, 07:33 AM

Pakistan
Bangladesh
Nigeria
Russia
Japan

How can you possibly be yelling at Partial and not bring up the fact that populace is a noun? And P, people do tend to know things...just because you don't doesn't mean no one does.

Thats unpossible Zig. He is the keeper of all knowledge great and small. Just ask him.

PackerPro42
06-26-2008, 08:07 AM
I must admit, I did know the top 5. But that's only because I was part of a model U.N. and we had to figure all that shit out.

Guiness
06-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Nice to see not all of you (as in you Americans) are as USA centric as the stereotypes that Partial thinks are the norm!

Who mentioned Pakistan? I kind of forgot about them, but I think they'd be top 10. Nigeria is indeed up there, but it's a mess trying to guess. Judging by the state of their infrastructure (yes, I've spent time there) I'd say any population estimate could easily be off by 20%...

btw I annoys me that people from the USA are generally referred to by the generic term "Americans". I happen to be American - Canada is in America.

Deputy Nutz
06-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Without looking,

China
India
Pakistan
USA
Brazil

edited,

Wow, shit, bad social studies teacher I would make.

Scott Campbell
06-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Canada is in America.

It'll be more official once we annex you. Say goodbye to Tim Horton's - hello 7-11.

:lol:

GoPackGo
06-26-2008, 01:15 PM
When is Wisconsin going to annex the U.P. ?
Its way overdue

HarveyWallbangers
06-26-2008, 02:31 PM
I knew them. I'm going to guess the largest countries are USA, Australia, China, Russia, and Canada (in no particular order).

Deputy Nutz
06-26-2008, 02:32 PM
I knew them. I'm going to guess the largest countries are USA, Australia, China, Russia, and Canada (in no particular order).

I thought Australia was a continent?

Partial
06-26-2008, 03:21 PM

Pakistan
Bangladesh
Nigeria
Russia
Japan

I can google stuff too.

BallHawk
06-26-2008, 03:30 PM
I can google stuff too.

But judging from a lot of your posts on this forum you need to Google stuff more often.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Canada is in America.

It'll be more official once we annex you. Say goodbye to Tim Horton's - hello 7-11.

Tim Horton's is a donut shot...i think you meant to say hello dunkin donuts.

BTW, Horton's has already started their invasion of the U.S....there are close to 350 shops already. Damn those Canucks!!

Patler
06-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Canada is in America.

Tim Horton's is a donut shot...i think you meant to say hello dunkin donuts.

BTW, Horton's has already started their invasion of the U.S....there are close to 350 shops already. Damn those Canucks!!

I love Tim Hortons! I was thrilled to see then in the US! Then, I tried their US coffee at several places in Michigan. Much weaker than what they sell in Canada.

Patler
06-26-2008, 08:27 PM
There's so much unused land though. I can't remember the statistic exactly but it was something like 70% of Canada's population lives within 100 miles of the U.S. Border. Canada's 230th out of 241 in population density at 4.1 people per square mile. Places like Yukon, NW Territories, and Nunavut are just barren.

They used to say that 25% of the Canadian population was within an hours drive of downtown Toronto. Of course, a Canadian driving hour covers a long distance when you are in the open road!

Most of the population of Canada is in the relatively small area between Toronto and Montreal.

hurleyfan
06-26-2008, 08:38 PM
When is Wisconsin going to annex the U.P. ?
Its way overdue

From a former UPer....argh!

Partial
06-26-2008, 08:41 PM
I can google stuff too.

But judging from a lot of your posts on this forum you need to Google stuff more often.

LOL OK. Whatever you say little dog. I'm the one googling the answers. I'm too lazy to look up if you're right but honestly what 17 year old is concerned with that shit? I don't buy it. You googled it. You are a 17 year old male you should be chasing pussy, not looking up geography.

Charles Woodson
06-26-2008, 09:03 PM
I can google stuff too.

LOL OK. Whatever you say little dog. I'm the one googling the answers. I'm too lazy to look up if you're right but honestly what 17 year old is concerned with that shit? I don't buy it. You googled it. You are a 17 year old male you should be chasing pussy, not looking up geography.

Someones a lil defensive. That time of the month again p?

Partial
06-26-2008, 09:07 PM
I can google stuff too.

Someones a lil defensive. That time of the month again p?

Not really. Just don't have any tolerance for liars. And he is a big one.

Charles Woodson
06-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Just don't have any tolerance for liars.
How do you live with yourself then?

Partial
06-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Just don't have any tolerance for liars.
How do you live with yourself then?

Just fine. :oops:

BallHawk
06-26-2008, 09:46 PM
I can google stuff too.

Dude, I was 13 years old a month ago and now I'm 17? Off by two years each way, bud.

And, dude, I've got plenty of time to balance work and play. Contrary to popular belief, you can be socially active and intelligent.

But, of course, you already set the bar on that.

Partial
06-26-2008, 09:55 PM
I can google stuff too.

Dude, I was 13 years old a month ago and now I'm 17? Off by two years each way, bud.

And, dude, I've got plenty of time to balance work and play. Contrary to popular belief, you can be socially active and intelligent.

Right, you can be a normal person and learn those things randomly. To know the countries, fine, but to name drop those islands and shit makes you a super douche. I post here to get away from the rigors of life, not to prove how smart I am. Once you take your ACT we'll compare scores and we'll see whats what. For a dumb ass who google's everything I did pretty welll.

falco
06-26-2008, 10:00 PM
whats wrong with being informed about the world around you???

BallHawk
06-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Right, you can be a normal person and learn those things randomly. To know the countries, fine, but to name drop those islands and shit makes you a super douche. I post here to get away from the rigors of life, not to prove how smart I am. Once you take your ACT we'll compare scores and we'll see whats what. For a dumb ass who google's everything I did pretty welll.

Partial, convert some of the time that you spent posting 10,000 something times and convert it into something useful and maybe you wouldn't be proven wrong on so many subjects.

Partial, believe me, I'll whoop your ass on ACTs and I will get into a better school than you. But then again, you didn't set the bar too high, did you?

MJZiggy
Absolutely nothing.

Charles Woodson
I can google stuff too.

haha im older than you by a year, so that makes you the youngest posting member on the forum

BallHawk
06-26-2008, 10:04 PM

If Partial can't have it nobody can!

BallHawk
06-26-2008, 10:05 PM
haha im older than you by a year, so that makes you the youngest posting member on the forum

Yup. I'm used to it, though. Dude, I was posting on JSO when I was 11. :lol:

Charles Woodson
06-26-2008, 10:05 PM
I post here to get away from the rigors of life

Maybe you should find some place that people actually like you.

Partial
06-26-2008, 10:06 PM

Partial, convert some of the time that you spent posting 10,000 something times and convert it into something useful and maybe you wouldn't be proven wrong on so many subjects.

Partial, believe me, I'll whoop your ass on ACTs and I will get into a better school than you. But then again, you didn't set the bar too high, did you?

Dude, It is a very rare situation that the partial man is proven wrong. In fact, time has proven me wise on far more occasions than not. Besides, you're not even far behind. Nor does Ziggy get the criticism for having more posts than I...

Talk is cheap. Show me big talker.

HarveyWallbangers
06-26-2008, 10:07 PM

I was off a bit. Brazil is in the top 5 and Australia is 6th. I knew Brazil was one of the 5 most populated, but forgot that they were also one of the 5 biggest.

BallHawk
06-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Dude, It is a very rare situation that the partial man is proven wrong

Get 10 people to testify this and I will leave this forum forever.

HarveyWallbangers
06-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Neither of you hamster penises can hold an intellectual candle to me.
:D

Now, take your cock holsters away from the keyboard and go watch the Discovery Channel or something.

Charles Woodson
06-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Dude, It is a very rare situation that the partial man is proven wrong. In fact, time has proven me wise on far more occasions than not. Besides, you're not even far behind. Nor does Ziggy get the criticism for having more posts than I...

Talk is cheap. Show me big talker.

dude there is so much shit that is wrong with that post, i dont even know how to begin.

But for Zig's sake she doesnt get criticized for her post count? Maybe that's because her posts actually make sense and aren't designed to piss people off.

Charles Woodson
06-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Neither of you hamster penises can hold an intellectual candle to me.
:D

LOL cant say i've ever been called one of thoseee

Tarlam!
06-27-2008, 04:22 AM

I was off a bit. Brazil is in the top 5 and Australia is 6th. I knew Brazil was one of the 5 most populated, but forgot that they were also one of the 5 biggest.

I grew up thinking Australia was the biggest island in the world. When I went to England, I was taught by an Englishman that our school books were wrong. In fact, he claimed, Greenland is the biggest island.

An interesting discussion, whereby Nutz's question about Australia being a continent is also dealt with is on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_islands_by_area

BallHawk
06-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Tar, where in Australia did you grow up?

MJZiggy
06-27-2008, 05:25 PM

I grew up thinking Australia was the biggest island in the world. When I went to England, I was taught by an Englishman that our school books were wrong. In fact, he claimed, Greenland is the biggest island.

An interesting discussion, whereby Nutz's question about Australia being a continent is also dealt with is on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_islands_by_area

I just found out we have an office in Brisbane. I had no idea.