PDA

View Full Version : June 1st cutdowns.

Patler
06-07-2006, 11:31 AM
I didn't ecpect much, because the huge salary cap increase made it unlikely there would be many cuts for cap purposes. But so far, there has been virtually NOTHING. The NFL transaction list has more signings than releases.

I know they don't always happen right on the 1st, but there is usually a little flurry of releases in the first few days. It's been a week and virtually nothing.

jack's smirking revenge
06-07-2006, 11:39 AM
I didn't ecpect much, because the huge salary cap increase made it unlikely there would be many cuts for cap purposes. But so far, there has been virtually NOTHING. The NFL transaction list has more signings than releases.

I know they don't always happen right on the 1st, but there is usually a little flurry of releases in the first few days. It's been a week and virtually nothing.

Very good point. I totally forgot about the traditional June 1 flurry of activity. In fact, I spaced off the fact that it was June. Crap. That means there's only two weeks until the longest day of the year and then we're creeping back toward winter. Almost time to hibernate once again.

You said "virtually nothing". Has anything of note happened that I missed? (The Sullivan/Johnson trade is about as important as trading practice squad players).

tyler

red
06-07-2006, 11:42 AM
there where only less then 10 cuts last year in the first week of june

jack's smirking revenge
06-07-2006, 11:56 AM

So we're on par. The June 1 free agency period has become about as fun as watching fishing shows or The View.

tyler

woodbuck27
06-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Just over 7 weeks till TC opens, and now it really slows down.

Well like Brett says: " there's still Baseball ".

jack's smirking revenge
06-07-2006, 12:06 PM

The June 1 free agency period has become about as fun as watching fishing shows or The View or baseball.

tyler

Patler
06-07-2006, 12:11 PM

At least last year there were some interesting names in the first week, Koren Robinson, Bobby Taylor, Johnnie Morton, Chad Morton, etc. Even Chris Redman was a bit interesting.

About as exciting as it has been so far this year is Seattle releasing Alex Bannister, Garrett McIntyre and Jerhame Urban on the same day!

jack's smirking revenge
06-07-2006, 12:12 PM

At least last year there were some interesting names in the first week, Koren Robinson, Bobby Taylor, Johnnie Morton, Chad Morton, etc. Even Chris Redman was a bit interesting.

About as exciting as it has been so far this year is Seattle releasing Alex Bannister, Garrett McIntyre and Jerhame Urban on the same day!

I didn't know Urban was cut. Wonder why we didn't go after him. Could be a decent camp body and we considered him last year with our WR woes. Perhaps we're finally stocked at WR? (I don't buy that though)

tyler

red
06-07-2006, 12:13 PM

i'd rather watch a fishing show, or the view

K-town
06-07-2006, 12:14 PM

Back in 2003 or 2004, wasn't Bannister the NFC Pro Bowl player at the "special teams" position? Does anybody know how he fell so far, so fast?

jack's smirking revenge
06-07-2006, 12:18 PM

I'm with you on that one Red. I've got free tickets to the Twins/Red Sox next week and my girlfriend and I are dreading it. Heck, the tickets are free. So is the dinner that goes along with it. But, man, what a way to waste a weeknight.... Especially watching a game in the toilet bowl known as the Metrodome. I can't even work on my tan while I pray for the game to end!

tyler

Chester Marcol
06-07-2006, 01:35 PM

Especially with the new and improved Star Jones. http://www.dziecionline.pl/psy/Tapety/7_800.jpg