PDA

View Full Version : C Wood gettin' some love...

Iron Mike
06-27-2008, 11:21 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10877567

]{ilr]3
06-27-2008, 11:47 AM
This is just wrong! One good season after a disappointing rookie season is not enough to warrent such respect IMO. :shock:

6. Mario Williams, DE, Houston Texans: Williams is making the Texans proud for passing on Reggie Bush and Vince Young to take this pass rusher. He might have been the league's best defensive player in the final eight weeks of 2007.

And then to give AK this ranking! :roll:

45. Aaron Kampman, DE, Green Bay Packers: He plays all out all the time. Despite being light at 265 pounds, he holds up against the run at left end quite well. He has speed and strength as a pass rusher.

bobblehead
06-27-2008, 12:23 PM
I used to butt heads with christl when he would point to this list and say the packers don't have anyone on it and therefore we lacked the "playmakers" to become elite.

I tried to tell him that when we win, guys on the team who are considered "good" will suddenly appear on the list, just the way it works. It seems to me that both those players were on the team 2 years ago, but damn if CC didn't go and retire denying me an I told you so.

mission
06-27-2008, 02:20 PM
its funny that you guys "used to butt heads" with sports writers and shit ...

yall either need a hobby or to get laid more ... or both.

dorks.

mario williams is a beast and i have a hard time labeling rookie seasons as DISAPPOINTING. to who? everyone knows there's a huge rookie curve... i cant remember any rookie d-line men who had 16 sacks...

now such a huge difference with kampman? i strongly disagree...

]{ilr]3
06-27-2008, 02:35 PM

dorks.

mario williams is a beast and i have a hard time labeling rookie seasons as DISAPPOINTING. to who? everyone knows there's a huge rookie curve... i cant remember any rookie d-line men who had 16 sacks...

Its even funnier that you want to toss out insults even though you don’t have your facts straight. Mario Williams had 4 sacks his rookie season which is what I was referring to. Last year was his second year in the league. Maybe you should quit jerking off with one hand so you can use both to type in a search engine. Dork.

bobblehead
06-27-2008, 03:03 PM

dorks.

why is that any funnier than butting heads right here in this forum. CC ran the chat, and he would exchange emails with you if you took the time. I mean, its nice you can "butt heads" with me right now, and I'm the dork for butting heads but you aren't somehow??

I have a hobby, but I'm recovering from a shoulder scope right now which limits me.....come to think of it, it can be painful having sex too, but for some reason I gut through it.

mission
06-27-2008, 04:14 PM
{ilr]3]

dorks.

Its even funnier that you want to toss out insults even though you don’t have your facts straight. Mario Williams had 4 sacks his rookie season which is what I was referring to. Last year was his second year in the league. Maybe you should quit jerking off with one hand so you can use both to type in a search engine. Dork.

what the fuck does 4 sacks have to do with anything?

"such a disappointing rookie season?"

if i rush for 4,000 yards my second year in the league, who the hell cares that i only ran for 500 my rookie season? what does that have to do with ANYTHING!?!?

*** i never said williams had 16 sacks... ****

i said "i dont remember any d-lineman having 16 sacks as a rookie meaning: "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU CONSIDER A SUCCESSFUL ROOKIE SEASON TO BE FOR A DEFENSIVE LINEMAN" you inept excuse for a human being.

so while you type with two hands on google, why dont you try just NOT NEEDING GOOGLE and having a fair amount of comprehension ability to avoid you wasting your time in the first place.

now go sit the fuck down.

Tony Oday
06-27-2008, 04:19 PM
wow I think you two need a time out! :)

Mario is overrated on this but who really cares? This guy is a knob.

Tony Oday
06-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Oh and Wes Welker is better than Jennings and Driver...Does this guy watch football?

]{ilr]3
06-27-2008, 05:07 PM
{ilr]3]

dorks.

what the fuck does 4 sacks have to do with anything?

"such a disappointing rookie season?"

if i rush for 4,000 yards my second year in the league, who the hell cares that i only ran for 500 my rookie season? what does that have to do with ANYTHING!?!?

*** i never said williams had 16 sacks... ****

i said "i dont remember any d-lineman having 16 sacks as a rookie meaning: "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU CONSIDER A SUCCESSFUL ROOKIE SEASON TO BE FOR A DEFENSIVE LINEMAN" you inept excuse for a human being.

so while you type with two hands on google, why dont you try just NOT NEEDING GOOGLE and having a fair amount of comprehension ability to avoid you wasting your time in the first place.

now go sit the fuck down.

LOL, :lol: Wow your a Douchbag! :lol: What the fuck is your problem asswipe? And what they hell were you talking about 16 sacks for then you fucktard?

I would think pretty much everyone except you considers Williams rookie year a disappointment. When you draft an end that high you expect instant results.

falco
06-27-2008, 05:27 PM

dorks.

pfft, go produce a rap album or hang out with some celebrities or something :roll:

Packerarcher
06-27-2008, 05:42 PM

dorks.

Shut the fuck up,evrey time I see a post by you all you ever do is talk out of your ass.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-27-2008, 06:10 PM

dorks.

QFT

MJZiggy
06-27-2008, 06:21 PM
So the Packers and the Giants played in the NFC Championship game and neither team has an offensive player make the top 50 (and only 3 defensive players between therm)...Interesting.

woodbuck27
06-28-2008, 12:38 AM
Wow!

Four Vikings make his Top 20.

motife
06-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Taylor (Marquette, Michigan): Who is better. Al Harris or Charles Woodson?

KC Joyner: In 2007 it wasn't even close. Al Harris had a 9.7 YPA, which was one of the worst showings in that category of any starting CB last year. Woodson didn't have a great year but his 7.2 YPA beat Harris by a mile.

HarveyWallbangers
06-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Taylor (Marquette, Michigan): Who is better. Al Harris or Charles Woodson?

KC Joyner: In 2007 it wasn't even close. Al Harris had a 9.7 YPA, which was one of the worst showings in that category of any starting CB last year. Woodson didn't have a great year but his 7.2 YPA beat Harris by a mile.

Stupid stat to base your rankings on. Wood was better, but that stat didn't have a ton to do with it. According to that stat, a guy who was thrown on 2 times and gave up 1 catch for 30 yards could be considered worse than a guy who was thrown on 8 times and gave up 8 catches for 100 yards.