PDA

View Full Version : GBPG Talks with Mike & Jessie McCarthy

GBRulz
06-28-2008, 09:20 AM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/bilde.jpg

I will add the full article when it prints tomorrow....but gosh, I didn't know M3 was expecting a baby this Nov!!

We talk with Mike, Jessica McCarthy

June 28, 2008

Mike McCarthy typically fields questions from behind a podium at Green Bay Packers headquarters.

But the head coach has experienced a whirlwind year including the Big Three of marriage, a new home and a baby coming in November.

McCarthy and his new wife, Jessica, a Green Bay native, sat down with the Press-Gazette to discuss the balance of their personal and professional lives and how it’ll be nice to raise a family in an area that suits their personalities perfectly.

Check www.greenbaypressgazette.com or www.PackersNews.com on Sunday for the complete story.

RashanGary
06-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Gold Digger :)

You think she'd be all over McCarthy's potato head if he wasn't filthy rich?

MJZiggy
06-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Yes.

GBRulz
06-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Gold Digger :)

You think she'd be all over McCarthy's potato head if he wasn't filthy rich?

Um, she was once married to the President of GB Packaging, who is also a member of the GBP Executive Board... who probably has more money than M3 will ever have. I'm sure she married M3 for the money :roll:

Patler
06-28-2008, 09:30 AM
A baby coming in November????
Can't they plan those things for the off season??? :lol:

mraynrand
06-28-2008, 09:36 AM
I will add the full article when it prints tomorrow....but gosh, I didn't know M3 was expecting a baby this Nov!!

I'm glad you mentioned this. It would have been embarrassing to tell him he was gaining more weight when he was just 'showing.'

RashanGary
06-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Um, she was once married to the President of GB Packaging, who is also a member of the GBP Executive Board... :roll:

Exactly. Just stay focused on your job Mike and PLEASE sign a prenup, this thing is not going to end happily ever after. Don't end up like Urlacher.

MJZiggy
06-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Harrell are you really so dense as to not have understood what GBR just told you?

RashanGary
06-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Harrell are you really so dense as to not have understood what GBR just told you?

Buisnessmen tend to be slippery smart. I'm sure he got out of that thing relatively unscathed. McCarthy, well, he probably won't. Hopefully he doesn't end up getting recorded while taking his aggression intended toward his ex wife on his daughter like Alec Baldwin or sent to anger management like Urlacher. These things just never seem to end well. You know, marriages when one is loaded and the other not so much. Peoople tend to get really pissed off when they have to give their money away.

MJZiggy
06-28-2008, 09:57 AM
So you're thinking M3 is stupid? It seems to me the fact that he's been down this road before, he knows what he's getting into. M3 is NOT a stupid man. A lot of his success in dealing with this team are because he understands the psychological makeup of his team. Yes, Harrell, you can just look at that photo of them and SEE her just smiling at his money. :roll:

I can't believe you don't see why a woman would want him even if he didn't have the cash. His first wife did, after all...

BF4MVP
06-28-2008, 09:57 AM
Hopefully he doesn't end up getting recorded while taking his aggression intended toward his ex wife on his daughter like Alec Baldwin
"You are a rude..thoughtless..little pig." :lol:

MadtownPacker
06-28-2008, 10:09 AM
A baby coming in November????
Can't they plan those things for the off season??? :lol:Fuck no!!

Baby birth = players wanting to give coach a win that week = possibly crucial late season win.

Obviously M3 had this planned all along.

And JH - trying not being an ass for once. You talk a big game but Im willing to bet you aint got no prenup and do whatever the fuck your wife says.

RashanGary
06-28-2008, 10:18 AM
And JH - trying not being an ass for once. You talk a big game but Im willing to bet you aint got no prenup and do whatever the fuck your wife says.

I'm not even talking a big game and my wife is a good person who I wouldn't really mind paying if it ended. I'm not loaded at all at this point. I don't claim to be. We have goals and we work together to get them done. I've worked pretty hard the last 6 or 7 years to get in a position to work hard for another 6 or 7 years and I do it for my family. If I got to the end of all of this and got divorced, I would be very wary of women. My wife is here with me laying the ground work and I'm the type that looks ahead so we don't even live to our means. She's sacraficing right along with me. Any 40 something wealthy woman should also be wary of a sneaky men. There is just so much room sneaky intentions when a lot of money is involved.

MJZiggy
06-28-2008, 10:19 AM
You've never had a lot of money, have you, JH?

RashanGary
06-28-2008, 10:28 AM
You've never had a lot of money, have you, JH?

Never had the pleasure. I'm 27 years old with two young kids. Right now I work my tail off to get ahead and I gaurantee I will have a high level of security and a very successfull career built when I get into my 40's/50's. My wife can retire when she's 45 and do whatever she wants. She deserves it. I plan on working my whole life because I am driven to get ahead. When I get there, if my wife and I don't last, I will be damned if some chick swoops in after all of the hard work and takes 50%. No thanks. This isn't coming from someone who is there, it's coming from someone who is giving everything they have to get there.

MJZiggy
06-28-2008, 10:46 AM
So you're thinking that when you get there, you'll be sneaky and have only bad intentions and everyone who is around you will have nothing but bad intentions toward you? That is what you've said after all.

He has money, she has money. What if by some crazy twist of fate, they actually fell in love, got married and are expecting a baby?

Patler
06-28-2008, 10:55 AM
JH;
Maybe MM is the "gold-digger" in the relationship?????
Perhaps you should be warning the new Mrs McCarthy????????

GoPackGo
06-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Buisnessmen tend to be slippery smart. I'm sure he got out of that thing relatively unscathed. McCarthy, well, he probably won't. Hopefully he doesn't end up getting recorded while taking his aggression intended toward his ex wife on his daughter like Alec Baldwin or sent to anger management like Urlacher. These things just never seem to end well. You know, marriages when one is loaded and the other not so much. Peoople tend to get really pissed off when they have to give their money away.

dumb dumb dumb. Did Partial hack your account and post this?

Scott Campbell
06-28-2008, 11:52 AM
They make a handsome couple. Congrats to Mike, Jessie and the unborn M4.

MJZiggy
06-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Thank you, Scott for the sanity. I hadn't seen a picture of her before. She is very pretty and the two of them look very happy.

mraynrand
06-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Oh, it's JESSIEMcCarthy. I thought it was JENNY - I was going to say - there sure are a lot of pictures of her on the web.

mission
06-28-2008, 02:07 PM
ok so let me get this straight.. what most of you are saying...

because she has already married (and divorced) a super-rich man, a man who is way more rich than MM, she *cant* be considered a gold digger?

i dont know where yalls logic stems from but 2 for 2 seems like she's doin a pretty good job. it's all about the beauty on the inside right? i mean, MM is just bubbling with personality ... sounds like homegirl got the game on lock lol

pretty lady though... hopefully she doesnt fuck anything up here, we dont need distractions.

Patler
06-28-2008, 03:04 PM

because she has already married (and divorced) a super-rich man, a man who is way more rich than MM, she *cant* be considered a gold digger?

i dont know where yalls logic stems from but 2 for 2 seems like she's doin a pretty good job. it's all about the beauty on the inside right? i mean, MM is just bubbling with personality ... sounds like homegirl got the game on lock lol

No, it doesn't mean that she can't be considered a gold digger, but it also doesn't mean that she is one either.

Face it, old MM isn't all that wealthy yet. He is just starting to make elite money. I'm sure she could have found wealthier men than him if she wanted.

As for your sarcastic remark of MM "just bubbling with personality", I would be willing to bet that in a personal situation, away from the cameras, reporters and publicity, he is. He seems like he might be with some of the quips you get from him now and then. He is guarded in public, however.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge the personalties of people that we really do not know at all. We get only a tiny glimpse of who they are.

mission
06-28-2008, 03:10 PM
you're probably right about his personality ... ive seen glimpses of him on youtube and he just seems like "one of the guys" so i can see that extending more into a personal life.

but still, it doesnt mean she *IS* a gold digger but god damn, if MM loses his job (and thus his wife - im half joking ppl, lighten up) then i got $100 on the fact that her next man makes 7 digits.

and call elite money what you will but anyone making in the 7s is making ELITE money imo.

lawyers pull 150-250 (whatever) and are allowed (by the woman's parents lol) to marry anyone they want.

7s is a free pass.

Patler
06-28-2008, 03:17 PM
and call elite money what you will but anyone making in the 7s is making ELITE money imo.

lawyers pull 150-250 (whatever) and are allowed (by the woman's parents lol) to marry anyone they want.

7s is a free pass.

My point was that MM has been making that kind of money for only the past two seasons. If she wanted to, I'm sure she could find others with greater accumulated wealth than what MM has right now.

Patler
06-28-2008, 03:19 PM
but still, it doesnt mean she *IS* a gold digger but god damn, if MM loses his job (and thus his wife - im half joking ppl, lighten up) then i got $100 on the fact that her next man makes 7 digits.

Why not a young, "pool boy" stud who makes minimum wage? :lol:

MJZiggy
06-28-2008, 03:31 PM

Why not a young, "pool boy" stud who makes minimum wage? :lol:
:!: 8-)

Lurker64
06-28-2008, 03:34 PM
I don't really see any evidence that she is a Gold Digger, and I tend to assume people are not, in general. Did this come from anywhere other than Harrell's diseased mind?

Tyrone Bigguns
06-28-2008, 06:31 PM

pretty lady though... hopefully she doesnt fuck anything up here, we dont need distractions.

If she was married to a super-rich man...she prolly got some loot and is living pretty comfortably considering that she has two kids from that guy. Therefore she ain't gold digging anymore. And, she certainly isn't cougering either.

Every supposition you make..is well..kinda biased on one side. We can look at it much differently:

1. married a super rich...um, do we know his standing when she married him.
2. Do we know her background. Perhaps she was wealthier than mr. kress.
3. Divorced..how do we know he didn't initiate and she wanted to stay married.
4. To goldig, she has to pursue...how do we know MM didn't pursue her.

I know dem skeezers are out there...especially in atl and sdale, but c'mon..gbay ain't exactly the set of desperatate housewives. You think she was trollin the local "disco" for men while her 2 kids were at home? :roll:

mission
06-28-2008, 07:28 PM
you guys are fun! half the shit i spout on here is done while playfully chuckling and just havin fun ...

chicks dont like money.

they like power and strength.

strong men with power just usually happen to have money. that's what it takes to make it.

i know how it works... :)

im sure their marriage will be filled with tulips, string quartets and big-headed babies :five:

RashanGary
06-28-2008, 08:06 PM
I predict ugly divorce :)

Well, big headed childeren too.

pbmax
06-28-2008, 08:15 PM
The angle you are all missing is that clearly M3 would not have planned a baby in November unless that was the date Brett Favre will be coming back to the team to start.

And I will start the pool with $5 if they name the child Mike (M4 indeed).

GBRulz
06-29-2008, 09:05 AM
and now the full article.....

Newly married coach opens up about life off the field

BY THOMAS ROZWADOWSKI • trozwado@greenbaypressgazette.com • June 29, 2008

If the reality of couplehood hadn’t sunk in quite yet, Mike McCarthy realized it as soon as he and his new wife, Jessica, began mapping out the interior of their renovated home in Ledgeview.

The “bachelor artwork” hanging above the living room couch in his Green Bay home has made its last appearance.

Welcome to marriage, Mike.

“Oh come on, those are Nagels,” McCarthy said, not putting up much of a fight over three renderings by well-known pop artist Patrick Nagel.

For a guy who is used to calling shots as head coach of the Green Bay Packers, there’s a new big cheese in town. And McCarthy wouldn’t have it any other way.

Yet for all his mastery of X’s and O’s as the Packers’ sideline general, McCarthy isn’t completely comfortable discussing his blueprint off the field.

His mother, Ellen, describes him as a private person who for a long time only focused on work.

McCarthy refers to himself as a “shy Irish Catholic boy” and freely admits to feeling out of place during his first meeting with Jessica, a blind date at St. Brendan’s Inn facilitated by friends, John and Traci Schneider.

Even Jessica good-naturedly ribs him for barely speaking during that first encounter, forcing her to make sweeping hand gestures to overcompensate for the awkward silences.

But even if he isn’t the kind of guy who’ll shout his happiness from the rooftops, make no mistake about it: Not only is McCarthy comfortable in Green Bay, he’s found real fulfillment here.

Following the 2007 season, he married a hometown girl he describes as “Green Bay to the core.” By early July, they plan to be fully settled at Jessica’s reconstructed home. In early November, they’ll welcome a baby.

Needless to say, it’s been a full year.

“Yet it also feels like I just got here,” McCarthy said. “But here it is, year three already. I’m married. On my second house. It’s gone incredibly fast. But it’s been really great.”

The path to marriage and a second stint as a father — McCarthy’s 16-year-old daughter, Alexandra, lives in Austin, Texas — was unexpected to the newlywed couple. What started out slow soon became a whirlwind, leading to a small, private wedding ceremony for family in Arizona, an experience Jessica said she “wouldn’t have traded for anything in the world.”

But it’s more about the harsh reality of being in the NFL pressure cooker that made McCarthy wonder if he’d ever see Green Bay as more than just a job opportunity. Being locked in from late July to January/early February leaves little room for a social life. His brief stint as Packers quarterback coach during the 1999 season had him on the move before neighbors could even be comfortable around the new guy.

For McCarthy, the short summer window prior to training camp had long been his lone chance to spend quality time with Alex. This year, it’ll be a quick trip to Austin before finishing touches are put on the house. Then the moving van arrives, and it’s back to burning the midnight oil at 1265 Lombardi Avenue as the railbirds descend on South Oneida Street.

“To be honest, if it wasn’t because of my friendship with John (Schneider, Packers director of football operations), this would have never happened,” McCarthy said, motioning toward Jessica. “As an NFL coach, you literally get up and go until you can’t go any more. You go back to the hotel and crash. And the whole coaching staff goes through it.

“And that first year, especially, is so hard. You literally have no time to think about anything outside of the job you’re doing. It’s a difficult transition for everyone.”

So it was trust in Schneider – a football colleague dating back to McCarthy’s days as an assistant coach with the Kansas City Chiefs – that led to a “rocky” first date with Jessica.

Schneider, a De Pere native who attended Abbot Pennings High School, had known Jessica, a St. Joseph’s Academy graduate, because of the Catholic connection the schools shared. When his wife, Traci, bumped into her at an event, the pair had a brainstorm. At the very least, they thought, McCarthy could use a breather from the 24/7 NFL grind.

“I don’t think anyone was in a position to play matchmaker,” John Schneider said. “It was like anyone would probably do. ‘Hey, there’s this friend of ours who is single. She’s really nice.’ And you know, Mike was single, just moving here and not knowing anybody. At the very least, I figured we could all be friends.”

It was slow going after that first official date in the spring of 2006. But Mike, 44, and Jessica, 36, stayed in contact and found common ground as divorced parents. Mike also developed a quick bond with Jessica’s two boys, Jack, 7, and George, 5.

With the best still to come in November, now’s the time to get settled, McCarthy said. Which is the way it has to be, lest anyone forget about a little thing called training camp starting July 28.

“To be honest with you, I feel this year, once we get through this latest transition, everything will be easier,” McCarthy said. “People in our position, bringing together two families – there’s a major adjustment. And now with another family member coming, and just being able to maintain one home, not run back and forth. Once we do hit August and September, I think everything will be easier on us.

“We’ll be one family unit. I’m really looking forward to that.”

Tyrone Bigguns
06-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Nagels! Oh, brother.

Guess we should be happy it wasn't beer posters. :roll:

oregonpackfan
06-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Jessica should be warned about those "shy, Irish Catholic boys." Just ask my wife--she married one! :lol:

bobblehead
06-29-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm changing my prediction on the over/under thread. We will not win 8 games this year. I can see it already.

"I need to gameplan honey, its saturdaynight"

"But I need your attention now (pouty face)"

Big fight ensues, nothing gets done, team looks lost on sunday.

I don't care if she is a gold digger, but family men don't make good football coaches.

MJZiggy
06-29-2008, 07:14 PM
I think she knew the drill before she stepped into it. It takes a very independent woman to be the wife of a coach.

GBRulz
06-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Packers head coach shares a bit of his private life

BY THOMAS ROZWADOWSKI • trozwado@greenbaypressgazette.com • June 29, 2008

There are three questions anyone who spends a significant amount of time in Green Bay eventually must be able to answer.

Is it really possible to get extra butter on a Kroll’s hamburger?

Does anyone ever get used to that smell along the Fox River?

What do you think about the head coach of the Green Bay Packers?

Mike McCarthy understands the responsibility that comes with being part of question No. 3. As the 14th head coach in Green Bay Packers history, his job title — and the Pope-like status that comes with it in a town that eats, breathes and worships football — also frames who he is off the field.

So while he probably isn’t in danger of finding paparazzi perched in a backyard treetop with a telephoto lens, McCarthy, an extremely private man according to friends and family, realizes the public’s interest in his personal life.

By way of the wedding bands they now share, Jessica McCarthy has entered the same green-and-gold-shaded periphery.
Meet Jessica McCarthy

A Green Bay girl through and through, Jessica hasn’t strayed far from Titletown.

An elementary school art teacher after graduating from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, Jessica attended Bayview Middle School in Howard and St. Joseph’s Academy, the latter school providing an invaluable support system that remains intact to this day.

Also, while she has an immediate tie to the Packers organization through her father, Tom Murphy, archivist at the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame, longtime friends find it amusing that Jessica is married to the team’s head coach.

“Just knowing Jess and what type of person she is, she really doesn’t know anything about football,” said Meghan Greene, a former Academy classmate and Jessica’s neighbor in Ledgeview. “Just last week I asked her what she was doing (that) night, and she said, ‘Oh, Mike’s got that mini camp or training camp. Which one is it?’”

That’s part of what makes their relationship refreshing, Greene said. Not being star struck allowed the pair to find common ground on more important things, namely family — Mike with his 16-year-old daughter, Alexandra, in Austin, Texas, and Jessica’s two boys, also from a previous marriage, Jack, 7, and George, 5.

“Mike is such a genuine individual,” Jessica said. “My boys took to him right away. He’s an excellent role model. They’re like puppies when they see him.”

Whether or not Mike was fully aware of the unique circumstances, marriage also meant he signed up to be part of Jessica’s tight-knit social circle — one that includes five high school friends who’ve not only stayed in touch, but also live in the same Ledgeview neighborhood. That includes Greene, who has known Jessica since they were 14.

“The first few times Mike was around and we were, ‘Oh, this is so and so,’ he’d be like, ‘Wait, did you guys all go to high school together?’” Greene said with a laugh.

“So yeah, it’s kind of strange. But in a great way. We left, came back and realized that we all value our family and friends. And Green Bay is a great place to raise kids, a great place to live.”

“You have to marry someone around here to get in,” McCarthy said jokingly. “It’s tougher than the Mafia, for God sakes.”
Striking a balance

John Schneider, the Packers’ director of football operations and a friend of McCarthy’s from their days with the Kansas City Chiefs, said he and Mike had long talks about balancing personal and professional roles upon his arrival as head coach in 2006.

While he didn’t intentionally play matchmaker, his friendship with both Mike, 44, and Jessica, 36, led to the couple’s first blind date.

“I think it’s important for someone in Mike’s position to have somebody that you can totally trust outside the business. To be able to just talk about things that you wouldn’t share with someone you worked with,” said Schneider, a De Pere native who has also known Jessica since high school.

“Knowing that they were both divorced, I thought, ‘Yeah, with her two kids and his daughter, that’s something they can talk about.’ But really, it was that both of them have huge hearts and a lot of energy. They’re really great people, so let’s see where it goes, you know?”

Though he couldn’t have predicted it, Schneider is thrilled with the nuptials. Not just any type of companionship would have worked for Mike, something they had also discussed while delving into his social life — or lack thereof until Jessica entered the picture.

“I think he can feel comfortable, go to a barbecue with everyone and not feel like people are going to start asking him questions about (Packers starting quarterback) Aaron Rodgers,” Schneider said.

“And that’s huge. It really is. I’ve constantly talked to (Mike) about taking time for himself and focusing on faith and family, not just football. But it can be so overwhelming being the head coach. At times, you need someone like Jessica to rein you in a little bit. Someone you can just say, ‘Hey, what are we gonna do tonight?’ to. Or, ‘Let’s talk about the kids. Talk about the house.’” Added Greene: “With the line of work he’s in, I don’t think either one was pounding the pavement for a relationship. It’s just one of those things where you find what you’re looking for when you least expect it.”

Feeling comfortable in Green Bay has also helped, Jessica said. The relationship started slowly, but once they went out in public, any trepidation they might have had about being approached quickly subsided.

“People respect Mike,” Jessica said. “When we go out to dinner, they’re very respectful of his time. I often forget that Mike is who he is because of how normal he acts around me. It’s a good place to live for the position he’s in.”
Handling the attention

For Mike, dealing with external factors brought on by his title is a work in progress.

His role as Packers head coach in the revolving door NFL is well defined; one that requires a tireless work ethic and keen attention to detail in order to be successful. But being comfortable with his stature around town is harder to manage — not only because of his humble Pittsburgh roots, but because he respects his job too much, Schneider said.

“If he was not the head coach of the Green Bay Packers, he could be sitting on a park bench with you, just talking. He’s the kind of guy you could bump into at the grocery store and just start a conversation with,” Schneider said.

“But there’s no question about how he treats his profession. I think he probably feels bad that he can’t be more out in the open, out in public. As much as he’d like to do it, I’m not sitting in that chair so it’s hard for me to tell. But just listening to him talk, hearing what people say to him when they approach him, a lot of people want to be acquaintances with the head coach of the Packers. And he’s such a kind-hearted person, but he also has to be somewhat guarded about who he lets in his circle.”

Which is why Schneider is pleased Mike has finally found his closest confidant.

Away from the field, Mike can still spend time with his daughter — which he admits is tougher now that she’s a teenager “on her schedule” — and also look forward to Jessica’s first trip to Pittsburgh or shopping for the baby room at his new house. When he comes home at night, the focus will be family, not football.

It’s a welcome development to Mike’s mother, Ellen, who along with her husband, Joe, still lives in working-class Pittsburgh.

“Mike’s not the kind of person who ever draws attention to himself. He’s a very private person. And it’s hard, because your private life, you would like to keep private,” Ellen said.

“You just want everybody to have somebody. She really cares for him. It doesn’t matter what position he’s in. She looks at him as a person.”

While his parents travel to Green Bay for all home games, Ellen said she grew accustomed to Mike’s work-heavy focus and juggling family time based on the demands of the NFL season. It’s something Jessica also has to be prepared for, especially come November when the baby is due and the Packers could be on the road playing Tennessee.

“It’ll work out, it always does,” McCarthy said of the time crunch and his potential whereabouts. “I just hope and pray for a healthy baby, that mom is healthy. Everything else will be fine.”

“I have two boys who keep me busy. But of course I miss him when he’s gone,” Jessica said. “But I know he’ll come home. (The schedule) is just part of who he is.”
This is … home

Fretting the little things doesn’t seem to be on the couple’s radar as they prepare to settle into their shared home in Ledgeview over the next few weeks.

While talking about the future in Mike’s living room — packing boxes a necessary evil that can no longer be ignored — everything about the couple seems to follow the path of their intimate wedding for family in Arizona earlier this year.

The wedding was organized with help from another high school friend of Jessica’s — a simple event with Jessica ditching a traditional gown for a less formal J Crew dress. Jessica’s two sons walked her down the aisle; Alex accompanied Mike.

“She said 15 minutes before the ceremony, she was in her hotel room watching her boys play video games,” Greene said. “Just very relaxed and calm. They did what they wanted that day. On their terms.”

It’s how the couple hopes to proceed from here on out.

Mike will have his hands full coming off a successful season where the Packers fell one game short of a Super Bowl appearance. Jessica’s hobby is interior design, and her eyes light up while discussing house plans. Best of all, November brings the birth of their baby.

Both said the main focus is feeling at home in Green Bay. Something Jessica is used to as a native. Something Mike is finally experiencing to its fullest.

“The Midwest as a whole is exemplified in Green Bay. It really reminds me of the community I grew up in,” Mike said.

“Hopefully my career keeps me here. It’s good to know this is going to be our home.”

Pugger
06-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Are some of you worried that MM having a baby in November is gonna be a distraction?? :roll: Good grief! He's been a father before. I thought it was a nice article. Lighten up guys!

Fritz
06-30-2008, 01:54 PM
I can't believe we can let this thread go by without a little sexual crudity. I feel obligated to step up here. Having said that....

MM looks like a man who knows he's gonna get some tonight. He looks damn happy.

KYPack
06-30-2008, 03:31 PM
you guys are fun! half the shit i spout on here is done while playfully chuckling and just havin fun ...

chicks dont like money.

they like power and strength.

strong men with power just usually happen to have money. that's what it takes to make it.

i know how it works... :)

im sure their marriage will be filled with tulips, string quartets and big-headed babies :five:

Easy there, oh King of all that is Hip.

mission
06-30-2008, 03:37 PM
there's no easy here, cap'n ...

<<-- see the name ... it never stops.

"hip" is expensive jeans, boutique $150 t-shirts and low-lit martini lounges..

i have neither and know nothing about all that. im hip enough to at least know *who's the king of hip* i guess, so you're right there.

... and im 100% right in that post, btw. not sure what you want eased up on... truth?

Tyrone Bigguns
06-30-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm changing my prediction on the over/under thread. We will not win 8 games this year. I can see it already.

"I need to gameplan honey, its saturdaynight"

"But I need your attention now (pouty face)"

Big fight ensues, nothing gets done, team looks lost on sunday.

I don't care if she is a gold digger, but family men don't make good football coaches.

Really? This might go down as one of the dumbest things ever posted.

I'd venture to guess that 95% of all NFL coaches were married. And, I bet 100% of all SB winning coaches were married.

Cleft Crusty
06-30-2008, 06:23 PM
family men don't make good football coaches.

I bet 100% of all SB winning coaches were married.

An interesting point is whether good 'family men' as opposed strictly to 'married men' make good coaches. At least some successful married coaches were pretty poor family men, so to speak. Lombardi comes to mind as an example.

the_idle_threat
06-30-2008, 06:36 PM
I think JH called this one right. The gold digger alarm definitely sounds here.

Mid thirties and already divorced from the multi-millionaire president of a large corporation (what was the age difference there, I wonder?) and now married to the most eligible millionaire bachelor in town ... all in the relatively small pond, in terms of millionaires, that is Green Bay ... Hmmmmm ...

Tyrone Bigguns
06-30-2008, 06:47 PM
family men don't make good football coaches.

I bet 100% of all SB winning coaches were married.

An interesting point is whether good 'family men' as opposed strictly to 'married men' make good coaches. At least some successful married coaches were pretty poor family men, so to speak. Lombardi comes to mind as an example.

That means making a judgement about another person's life and family...pretty much impossible to know until years after the SB.

GBRulz
06-30-2008, 06:50 PM

Mid thirties and already divorced from the multi-millionaire president of a large corporation (what was the age difference there, I wonder?) and now married to the most eligible millionaire bachelor in town ... all in the relatively small pond, in terms of millionaires, that is Green Bay ... Hmmmmm ...

Why speculate with such comments when you don't have a clue, honestly?

Tyrone Bigguns
06-30-2008, 06:51 PM

Stop being ridiculous and mysoginistic.

The fact that you call him the most eligible is pretty dumb. No doctors, lawyers, businessmen in that town. :roll:

So, a woman that is from GB, returned there after college, still has her original friends...was looking to marry a guy who most likely won't finish his career in GB? :roll:

RashanGary
06-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Loosen your undies sissy's. It's all in fun. Hopefully MM gets out of this thing with his wallet in tact, that's all I'm saying.

the_idle_threat
06-30-2008, 07:01 PM

The fact that you call him the most eligible is pretty dumb. No doctors, lawyers, businessmen in that town. :roll:

So, a woman that is from GB, returned there after college, still has her original friends...was looking to marry a guy who most likely won't finish his career in GB? :roll:

Who's being ridiculous? You think she doesn't know he'll be moving on someday? You think that's not part of the plan? :idea: You may be a jerk (which is the only reason you're arguing this point) but you're not actually this naive.

Regarding most eligible, can you name any single, millionaire doctors, lawyers or businessmen in that town? Of course you can't. But meanwhile, everyone knew McCarty was single and making big coin. And on top of being very well off (again, in Green Bay terms) he's the head coach of the Packers---local royalty.

I have no idea whether she is actually a gold digger, but it's not so shocking to suspect it given the circumstances.

the_idle_threat
06-30-2008, 07:05 PM

Because this is an internet message board, and it's the offseason. Speculate is what we do. :D

MJZiggy
06-30-2008, 07:11 PM
People, for the love of PETE (where the hell are you Pete?) They were set up on a blind date by JOHN SCHNEIDER!! He's known them both forever and do you really think the Director of Personnel is going to be setting up the head coach with a golddigger?

It was not an ostentatious wedding, and her father is the historian for the Packer Hall of Fame. If she were a golddigger her own father wouldn't have let it happen. And lastly HIS mother is showing no golddigger alarm bells.

She is not a golddigger. She's a hometown girl he happened to fall for. What a bunch of cynical hens you boys are!

mission
06-30-2008, 07:15 PM

honestly?

cuz it's the fucking internet!!!!! :flag:

Tyrone Bigguns
06-30-2008, 07:21 PM

Who's being ridiculous? You think she doesn't know he'll be moving on someday? You think that's not part of the plan? :idea: You may be a jerk (which is the only reason you're arguing this point) but you're not actually this naive.

Regarding most eligible, can you name any single, millionaire doctors, lawyers or businessmen in that town? Of course you can't. But meanwhile, everyone knew McCarty was single and making big coin. And on top of being very well off (again, in Green Bay terms) he's the head coach of the Packers---local royalty.

I have no idea whether she is actually a gold digger, but it's not so shocking to suspect it given the circumstances.

You are being ridiculous. Clearly she likes being in GB and has shown no interest in moving. I'm sure she didn't get any sort of alimony and child support when she divorced..so she coulda moved then if she wanted.

And, i'm sure she is the kinda woman who wants to uproot her children.

Naive: No, i'm not naive, but i look at the facts..and they clearly don't favor your argument. She has cash, she likes GB..was set up by her friends, mccarthy has already been married so we can assume he is somewhat dating savvy, has an atty so i'm guessing he has some sorta prenup or at least the thought crossed his mind.

Eligible: Oh, the critiria is because i dont' know them? :roll: I couldn't name most doctors, lawyers, etc. in anytown. Perhaps you should read "the millionaire next door." There are pleny of wealthy folk in that town..or any other reasonable sized town.

Royalty: And, as the article clearly shows..she could care less. And, i highly doubt being coach of the packers to her is that impressive when you've been married to the prez of a big company. Royalty. LOL. My god, what are you..a 20 year old girl?

Maybe she shoulda gone for the real royalty..TT or a player. :oops:

Shocking: What is shocking is your stupidity..well, actually not. Two wealthy people who met and decided to get married isn't any "circumstance." A 36 year old woman. Your thoughts reveal more about your ideas and ideas of marriage then their "circumstances."

RashanGary
06-30-2008, 07:23 PM
honestly?

Cuz it's the fuckin' internet!!

Cuz it sounded so right the first time.

mission
06-30-2008, 07:27 PM
honestly?

Cuz it's the fuckin' internet!!

Cuz it sounded so right the first time.

:glug:

the_idle_threat
06-30-2008, 08:28 PM

You are being ridiculous. Clearly she likes being in GB and has shown no interest in moving. I'm sure she didn't get any sort of alimony and child support when she divorced..so she coulda moved then if she wanted.

You are a very dense self-appointed genius. We should start calling you Wile E. Coyote.

I'll explain it for you, and I'll try to use small words ... two syllables or less: I said M3 would be moving on ... not her. There's no reason to think she'll leave G.B. She didn't stick with her last millionaire* husband, did she?

* oops, three syllables

Naive: No, i'm not naive, but i look at the facts..and they clearly don't favor your argument. She has cash, she likes GB..was set up by her friends, mccarthy has already been married so we can assume he is somewhat dating savvy, has an atty so i'm guessing he has some sorta prenup or at least the thought crossed his mind.

SPECULATION: "mccarthy has already been married so we can assume he is somewhat dating savvy, has an atty so i'm guessing he has some sorta prenup or at least the thought crossed his mind"

FACT: She has already married and divorced one millionaire in the small pond.

FACT: She married a guy in town who is both wealthy (by local standards)and high profile. And she wasted no time getting pregnant.

FACT: Mike is described as a "shy Catholic guy" who was not looking for a relationship, and even blew her off on their first date. He had little free time. I can speculate just like you do: M3 was not the aggressor in pursuing this relationship beyond that lackluster first date.

The facts don't prove anything about her being a gold digger, but they certainly don't prove she isn't one either. There is evidence going either way ... we have no idea. I have already conceded that. Will you? No, because you're an arrogant POS.

Eligible: Oh, the critiria is because i dont' know them? :roll: I couldn't name most doctors, lawyers, etc. in anytown. Perhaps you should read "the millionaire next door." There are pleny of wealthy folk in that town..or any other reasonable sized town.

Stupid argument. The term "most eligible" doesn't apply to someone who is merely rich, but is both rich and famous. When do you usually hear it---when talking about movie stars, pro athletes, etc.

The guys you are talking about are---by your own admission---not famous. Quite different from wealthy guy in town who also has an international profile. Yes, international. Tarlam knows who he is.

Seriously, are you this much dumber than you try to convince everybody? Probably, because otherwise you wouldn't overcompensate so badly.

Royalty: And, as the article clearly shows..she could care less. And, i highly doubt being coach of the packers to her is that impressive when you've been married to the prez of a big company. Royalty. LOL. My god, what are you..a 20 year old girl?

Keep in mind this is Green Bay we're talking about here, and this guy led the Packers to the NFC championship game last year. It doesn't get much closer to royalty in Green Bay. Even if she claims to know nothing about football, she could surely appreciate his stature in town and on the national stage. Look at all the articles being written about her just in the past week.

Anf what she says in the article means nothing. Do you think she's gonna admit in the newspaper, and in front of him, that she was attracted to his fame? Ridiculous.

Maybe she shoulda gone for the real royalty..TT

What is this ... the Crying Game?

or a player. :oops:

Out of her league.

Shocking: What is shocking is your stupidity..well, actually not. Two wealthy people who met and decided to get married isn't any "circumstance." A 36 year old woman. Your thoughts reveal more about your ideas and ideas of marriage then their "circumstances."

My thoughts reveal that this is an internet message board and it's the offseason. That, and this series of cloying, saccharine articles about such a fairy tale marriage needed some lampooning.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-30-2008, 08:49 PM

You are a very dense self-appointed genius. We should start calling you Wile E. Coyote.

I said M3 would be moving on ... not her. There's no reason tho think she'll leave G.B. She didn't stick with her last millionaire husband, did she?

SPECULATION: "mccarthy has already been married so we can assume he is somewhat dating savvy, has an atty so i'm guessing he has some sorta prenup or at least the thought crossed his mind"

FACT: She has already married and divorced one millionaire in the small pond.

FACT: She married a guy in town who is both wealthy (by local standards)and high profile. And she wasted no time getting pregnant.

FACT: Mike is described as a "shy Catholic guy" who was not looking for a relationship, and even blew her off on their first date. He had little free time. I can speculate just like you do: M3 was not the aggressor in pursuing this relationship.

The facts don't prove anything about her being a gold digger, but they certainly don't prove she isn't one either. There is evidence going either way ... we have no idea. I have already conceded that. Will you? No, because you're an arrogant POS.

Stupid argument. The term "most eligible" doesn't apply to someone who is merely rich, but is both rich and famous. When do you usually hear it---when talking about movie stars, pro athletes, etc.

The guys you are talking about are---by your own admission---not famous. Quite different from wealthy guy in town who also has an international profile. Yes, international. Tarlam knows who he is.

Seriously, are you this much dumber than you try to convince everybody? Probably, because otherwise you wouldn't overcompensate so badly.

Keep in mind this is Green Bay we're talking about here, and this guy led the Packers to the NFC championship game last year. It doesn't get much closer to royalty in Green Bay. Even if she claims to know nothing about football, she could surely appreciate his stature in town and on the national stage. Look at all the articles being written about her just in the past week.

Maybe she shoulda gone for the real royalty..TT

What is this ... the Crying Game?

or a player. :oops:

Out of her league.

My thoughts reveal that this is an internet message board and it's the offseason. That, and this series of cloying, saccharine articles about such a fairy tale marriage needed some lampooning.

Sigh. Let's try this again..for the slow child.

1. Didn't stick with her milllionaire first husband. Umm, are you privy to why they got divorced? Your implication is that she initiated. Why? Because you are a misogynistic idiot.

2. Move on. Right. So, now you are basically saying she married him expecting to be divorced within a timeframe. My god, you really have a low opinion of her and women. Part of the plan. If she is that devious and cunning...she coulda hunted much better game. Keep it up. :roll:

3. Speculation. Hardly. MM, like every other guy who has been divorced is quite familiar with attys, etc. Furthermore, i guarantee you he didn't get this far in life without a good atty, manager, etc. That is their job to mention potential pitfalls in life. Both in career and personal life.

4. Married and divorced one millionaire. Again, you don't know shit and you make it up as you go along. Was the guy a millionaire when she met him? Did he have a prenup. Did she initiate the divorce? Everything you post makes her out to be a bad person or iniator..yet, you have no proof of this.

5. Wealthy by local standards. Yep, there are no other wealthy people in that area. GUess she couldn't have met any.

6. Pregnant. yep, it was all her doing. I highly doubt MM wanted to have children with his new wife..him being catholic and all...catholics are known for their small families and rigorous adherence to contraception.

ANd, if she was a gold digger..why did she wait till she was married...what better way to ensure the cash then to get preggo before? THen she gets cash or gets married..BIG SCORE!

fuck, you just make it too easy.

6. Eligible. Oh, now you are determining it. I guess when they say eligible bachelor they always mean rich and famous. :oops:

I guess this story by CNN on eligible bachelors in Sheboygan got it all wrong.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Midwest/02/14/bachelor.hotbed.ap/

or this story on a Boston atty who is "most eligible bachelor" is wrong also. Prolly best to alert everyone that your definition is the one we will all be using.
http://www.nflsidelines.com/miami-dolphins-rumors-and-news/boston-lawyer-a-most-eligible-bachelor-faces-rape-charges.html

And, you further show what a dope you are...she grew up around the packers...and pretty much appears not that impressed. Maybe you don't get it..but, some of us aren't masturbating to the thought of meeting or marrying a pro athlete, movie star, etc.

Just because you are an idiot, don't lump the rest of us in with you.

7. Evidence. No, there is no evidence of being a gold digger. Just speculation.

You can't even address the fact that she might already have money...she certainly got some alimony and child support.

8. Out of he league? How so..because you determine it? One minute she is a cunning, devious woman...but, can't rope TT or a player.

the_idle_threat
06-30-2008, 08:54 PM
You completely missed the TT joke, Wile E. :lol:

And everything you base your opinion on is rank speculation and opinion. I cited to facts. You lose.

Game, set, match. :mrgreen:

Tyrone Bigguns
06-30-2008, 08:59 PM

And everything you base your opinion on is rank speculation and opinion. I cited to facts. You lose.

LOL

Dude, you just got pummeled..obviously you are still in a daze.

falco
06-30-2008, 09:00 PM
maybe its already been said in this thread, but I don't think football head coach money is "gold digger money". what they make is really chicken scratch compared to any successful CEO, hedge fund manager, etc.

hell, most of the coaches have players on their team who are doing better than them.

the_idle_threat
06-30-2008, 09:02 PM

LOL

Whatever you say, Merlin. You don't know the difference between facts and speculation.

It's over. No use crying about the fact that you lose. :taunt:

Tyrone Bigguns
06-30-2008, 09:09 PM

LOL

Whatever you say, Merlin. You don't know the difference between facts and speculation.

It's over. No use crying about the fact that you lose. :taunt:

Sure i do.

Fact is that you were pummelled. Speculation is that you have enough brains to realize it.

Edit. Fact, you don't.

the_idle_threat
06-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Tyrone -----> :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tyrone Bigguns
06-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Tyrone -----> :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hmm. Further proof that you don't know the difference.

Speculation: Ty is crying because he is sad.

Fact: Ty is crying tears of joy at the pummelling he gave you.

the_idle_threat
06-30-2008, 09:28 PM
http://starphoenixbase.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/coyote-06.jpg

MJZiggy
06-30-2008, 09:39 PM
I hate it when people are too busy quibbling with each other to read what I post, where I make a point that so effectively ends the argument that we could have saved a full page in this thread...

the_idle_threat
06-30-2008, 09:45 PM
There's no argument here ... obviously I'm not serious, I'm just poking some fun at these fluff articles and at the same time I'm having fun slapping Tyrone around a little bit. He's convinced that he's crying for joy ... whatever it takes to cope. :lol:

And, I read your post. The fact that John Schneider hooked them up means very little. He has no way of knowing what goes on inside her head. :idea:

Only she knows why she pursued him beyond that bad first date.

MJZiggy
06-30-2008, 10:19 PM

Dark hair and blue eyes?

Iron Mike
06-30-2008, 10:20 PM

Dark hair and blue eyes?

What's so unusual about that??? :roll:

MJZiggy
06-30-2008, 10:22 PM
It's not whether it's unusual, it's whether it's attractive. And don't forget the long eyelashes...

Iron Mike
06-30-2008, 10:45 PM
It's not whether it's unusual, it's whether it's attractive. And don't forget the long eyelashes...

I guess I never noticed. :oops:

Partial
06-30-2008, 11:22 PM

Dark hair and blue eyes?

Millions of dollars.

the_idle_threat
06-30-2008, 11:31 PM
^^^ Oh shit ... here we go again! :lol:

mission
07-01-2008, 01:02 AM
(purely to keep this going)

yes, MM has players on his team that make more money but most of them aren't 35+, white and acceptable (in Green Bay) to take home to mom. I'm sure Bigby can roll a mean blunt and has a huge contract coming up but despite him meeting "financial requirements" the folks might not be too accepting of what he'd bring to the family image..

that's just one example ... i could go on ? :P :P

alquaal
07-01-2008, 04:17 AM
This is without doubt the saddest fucking thread I have ever seen in a "FOOTBALL" forum. Maybe y'all prom queens should take your hissy fit to a more apropriate venue.

mission
07-01-2008, 04:27 AM
This is without doubt the saddest fucking thread I have ever seen in a "FOOTBALL" forum. Maybe y'all prom queens should take your hissy fit to a more apropriate venue.

thanks for contributing.

care to join us? you know, when we take this to the appropriate venue...

alquaal
07-01-2008, 04:55 AM
Thanks for the spell check. Go Packers! Or is football talk out of bounds here I'm not quite sure. Go Oprah Go!! :roll:

GrnBay007
07-01-2008, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the spell check. Go Packers! Or is football talk out of bounds here I'm not quite sure. Go Oprah Go!! :roll:

Naa, these guys would come out fighting. It would be Jerry! Jerry! :D

mraynrand
07-01-2008, 07:42 AM

C'mon - you've got to appreciate a couple of guys that can rip each other to shreds and claim victory with solid proven fact over a matter of pure speculation and opinion. Wait a second - that pretty much describes almost every single conversation about football!

swede
07-01-2008, 07:55 AM
I don't think this is an unimportant issue. Coach's personal life will have some impact on his time, focus, mental energy and temperament.

The question is whether the impact will be positive or negative.

Arguing for the positive side, she may be a "get-things-done" gal and make his life ever so much easier and pleasant by handling the little things and keeping it real when his work day is finally over,

On the negative side, the gold-digging manipulative bitch thing is entirely within the realm of possibilities.

I'm betting on the positive angle. MM seems like a guy who can tell the difference between a phony and a pony.

But if she's really good at being bad the poor shlubbus never had a chance. :shock:

KYPack
07-01-2008, 08:01 AM
OK.

This thread officially blows, big time.

MadtownPacker
07-01-2008, 11:25 AM
This is without doubt the saddest fucking thread I have ever seen in a "FOOTBALL" forum. Maybe y'all prom queens should take your hissy fit to a more apropriate venue.Haha! Get yo clown on wit yo bad self!

You guys are all talking about money but what if this chica turns into the Jessica "season-killer" Simpson of 2008? :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
07-01-2008, 04:02 PM
There's no argument here ... obviously I'm not serious, I'm just poking some fun at these fluff articles and at the same time I'm having fun slapping Tyrone around a little bit. He's convinced that he's crying for joy ... whatever it takes to cope. :lol:

And, I read your post. The fact that John Schneider hooked them up means very little. He has no way of knowing what goes on inside her head. :idea:

the fact that you think you are actually winning this pretty much invalidates most of your other posts.

the_idle_threat
07-01-2008, 06:08 PM

the fact that you think you are actually winning this pretty much invalidates most of your other posts.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
07-01-2008, 06:10 PM

You are laughing like a retarded child...unaware of what really is going on.

MJZiggy
07-01-2008, 06:18 PM
This is without doubt the saddest fucking thread I have ever seen in a "FOOTBALL" forum. Maybe y'all prom queens should take your hissy fit to a more apropriate venue.Haha! Get yo clown on wit yo bad self!

You guys are all talking about money but what if this chica turns into the Jessica "season-killer" Simpson of 2008? :lol: :shock:

mraynrand
07-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Tyrone:

http://www.lacoladelaminosaure.com/wordpress_es/wp-content/files/dog_peeing.jpg

mraynrand
07-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Idle:

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/housebreaking-4.jpg

mraynrand
07-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Harlan:

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/889159.jpg

the_idle_threat
07-01-2008, 07:10 PM
:lol:

How did Harlan get brought into this? I don't think he even posted on this thread. And btw, your Tyrone pic doesn't work. Red X.

the_idle_threat
07-01-2008, 07:13 PM

Keep flailing around trying to land an insult. :P

Your refusal to let this die would make you look bad, but you really can't lower your stock around here any more than it's at right now, so you might as well keep at it.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-01-2008, 07:30 PM

Keep flailing around trying to land an insult. :P

Your refusal to let this die would make you look bad, but you really can't lower your stock around here any more than it's at right now, so you might as well keep at it.

Ty's pic works..looks like your computer works about as well as your brain.

the_idle_threat
07-01-2008, 07:56 PM
I admire your amazing tenacity, Tyrone. Really, I do.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/the_idle_threat/poop_runner.jpg

Too bad you're covered in shit. But on the plus side, this means you're not full of shit, at least for a few short minutes in your life.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-01-2008, 07:59 PM
I admire your amazing tenacity, Tyrone. Really, I do.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p53/the_idle_threat/poop_runner.jpg

Too bad you're covered in shit. But on the plus side, this means you're not full of shit, at least for a few short minutes in your life.

No need to admire my tenacity...it doesn't take much to keep up with you.