PDA

View Full Version : My "Early" Predictions

Merlin
06-07-2006, 12:56 PM
49ers - Trent Dilfer*
Starts out as the starter, gets benched, comes back in the second half of the season after Alex Smith goes out for the season with a broken leg. No significant stats to speak of. Look for another 6 or less win season.

Bears - Brian Griese*
Gets the nod by default because Rex Grossman is knocked out in the 2nd preseason game with a hangnail. Replaced later in the year by a quarterback to be named later. No significant stats to speak of. The Bears defense carries them to a 10-6 record and a playoff game against the Seahawks in which they get demolished.

Bengals - Carson Palmer
Unfortunately for Palmer he doesn't come back 100% and puts up mediocre numbers. The Bengals defense helps them into the playoffs.

Bills - P.J. Losman*
Quarterback by committee, I predict a merry-go-round of QB's in Buffalo.

Broncos - Jake Plummer
Has the best season of his career and is in the MVP hunt. Broncos 11-5.

Browns - Charlie Frye*
Has a mediocre season, the Browns finish a surprising 10-6, thanks in part to their running game, defense and coaching.

Buccaneers - Chris Simms*
The wind is out of the sail in Tampa Bay. Simms will put up good numbers but the Bucs will have a losing record.

Cardinals - Matt Leinart*
Denny Green plays musical chairs with his QB's and is fired after the season ends. Leinart puts up mediocre numbers.

Chargers - Phillip Rivers
This is the offense to watch this year. I think they will be Coltesque and similar to the "Greatest Show On Turf". Rivers is primed for a breakout season.

Chiefs - Trent Green
Nothing new here, the Chiefs choke.

Colts - Peyton Manning
No longer the best offense in the NFL, Manning actually has to throw to someone who has never been to a pro-bowl (Colts defense will carry them).

Cowboys - Drew Bledsoe
With T.O., Bledsoe will put up a lot of yards but Dallas doesn't have the defense to win.

Dolphins - Dante Cullpepper
Without Randy Moss, Dante Cullpepper will be lcky to be in the top 10 in stats. Although consistant QB play is all that Miami is missing to make the playoffs. Predict 10-6 or 9-7.

Eagles - Donovan McNabb
The Eagles dynasty is officially over. Hurt or otherwise, the Super Bowl loss was McNabbs swan song. He hasn't look sharp since mid 2004 (injury or no injury).

Falcons - Michael Vick
Vick will be knocked out with a leg injury in the 4th game of the season. Falcons will go no where.

Giants - Eli Manning
Manning matures and carries the giants to the playoffs, predict 11-5.

Jaguars - Byron Leftwich
Leftwich is a rock, the guy can play when healthy. Look for the Jags in the playoffs.

Jets - Chad Pennington*
Pennington will be replaced because his arm is basically gone. No playoffs for the Jets.

Lions - Jon Kitna*
Kitna provides a spark to the Lions offense (along with Mike Martz), but stupid play calling with a lack of pro-bowl talent cost the Lions, they finish last in the NFC North.

Packers - Brett Favre
Brett Favre is out to prove that last year was a fluke. He puts up MVP type numbers and the Packers reclaim the NFC North with a 10-6 record.

Panthers - Jake Delhomme
The Panthers once again sneak into the playoffs with gutsy performances by Delhomme only to lose to Green Bay in the first round.

Patriots - Tom Brady
This season is do or die for Brady fans. He not shown anything when asked to carry the team, this year he will have to do it the whole year. Patriots 9-7.

Raiders - Aaron Brooks*
Moss and Brooks connect to bring back the old Moss days, Raiders however are in a tough division with Denver & San Diego so their playoff hopes could be over before they begin.

Rams - Marc Bulger
Look for a serious rebuilding year, even in the lowly NFC West, the Rams, Cardinals & 49ers will make an easy division title for the Seahawks.

Ravens - Steve McNair*
If McNair shows up in Baltimore, look for the old school offense to go with their dominating defense, only if the defense returns to form will this team make the playoffs.

Redskins - Mark Brunell*
Money can't buy everything and the Redskins are hurting.

Saints - Drew Brees
Look for the Saints to be the surprise team of the year. They will make the playoffs.

Seahawks - Matt Hasselbeck
The Seahawks should have no problem in the NFC West. Holmgren is a good coach, look for them in the NFC championship game.

Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger
Last year may have been a fluke, but Cowher is a good coach, The Steelers will be in the AFC championship game.

Texans - David Carr
Mike Sherman brings an offense to the Texans. they make a run at making the playoffs and go 9-7.

Titans - Vince Young*
Rebuilding year, but Vince Young will surprise a lot of people.

Vikings - Brad Johnson
With virtually no offensive power, the Vikings will finish 8-8. In large part due to their defense outscoring their offense in a few games.

* - Projected to start majority of the teams games.

NFC East
---------
New York Giants

NFC South
---------
New Orleans Saints
Carolin Panthers W

NFC North
---------
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears W

NFC West
---------
Seatle Seahawks H

AFC East
---------
Miami Dolphins

AFC South
---------
Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC North
---------
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburg Steelers W*
Cincinatti Bengals W*

AFC West
---------
Denver Broncos H

H - Home Field Advantage throughout playoffs
W - Wildcard
* - It could happen!

HarveyWallbangers
06-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Mike Sherman brings an offense to the Texans. they make a run at making the playoffs and go 9-7.

I got a chuckle out of that one.
:D

Partial
06-07-2006, 02:17 PM
good lord,

Tom Brady is the definition of clutch. The kind of guy you build your franchise around. He is a top 2-3 qb in the league. Give the man his due props.

AND you gave phillip rivers props? are you nuts? He may turn out to be alright, but he will never be a tom brady.

Partial
06-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Browns - Charlie Frye*
Has a mediocre season, the Browns finish a surprising 10-6, thanks in part to their running game, defense and coaching.

Not gonna happen.

Buccaneers - Chris Simms*
The wind is out of the sail in Tampa Bay. Simms will put up good numbers but the Bucs will have a losing record.

if by losing record you mean super bowl contender than I concur

Cardinals - Matt Leinart*
Denny Green plays musical chairs with his QB's and is fired after the season ends. Leinart puts up mediocre numbers.

false

Chargers - Phillip Rivers
This is the offense to watch this year. I think they will be Coltesque and similar to the "Greatest Show On Turf". Rivers is primed for a breakout season.

POST OF THE YEAR

Colts - Peyton Manning
No longer the best offense in the NFL, Manning actually has to throw to someone who has never been to a pro-bowl (Colts defense will carry them).

best offense is nfl. nobody can read a defense like peyton

Cowboys - Drew Bledsoe
With T.O., Bledsoe will put up a lot of yards but Dallas doesn't have the defense to win.
top 4-5 defense in league

Eagles - Donovan McNabb
The Eagles dynasty is officially over. Hurt or otherwise, the Super Bowl loss was McNabbs swan song. He hasn't look sharp since mid 2004 (injury or no injury).

you're crazy

Packers - Brett Favre
Brett Favre is out to prove that last year was a fluke. He puts up MVP type numbers and the Packers reclaim the NFC North with a 10-6 record.

not gonna happen

Patriots - Tom Brady
This season is do or die for Brady fans. He not shown anything when asked to carry the team, this year he will have to do it the whole year. Patriots 9-7.

TB is definition of clutch. Best player in the NFL.

Saints - Drew Brees
Look for the Saints to be the surprise team of the year. They will make the playoffs.

Nope

Chubbyhubby
06-08-2006, 09:38 AM
It will intresting to check back in Feb to see if any of the predictions come true. We'll see

MadtownPacker
06-08-2006, 10:44 AM
Im down wit the Favre prediction but I say they win the division with an 9-7 record.

FavreChild
06-08-2006, 11:49 AM
I bet more of Merlin's predictions will come true than those of the "experts" who won't go out on a limb in any of their predictions and will forecast basically the same thing as last year.

Besides, at least one of them will come true, so you can always say you were right. That's another trick the "experts" use. Throw enough you-know-what at the wall and something's bound to stick. :wink:

I like it - good job, Merlin.

Bossman641
06-08-2006, 12:01 PM
I agree with your take on Leftwich. I really like him, he's a pure pocket passer. He's like a statue back there.

Disagree with your take on the Pats. I think they'll be back to contending for the AFC championship.

Common sense tells me that Rivers must be good for the Chargers to let Brees walk, but I just don't see it. LT will provide him plenty of support, but their WR's suck.

Merlin
06-08-2006, 03:13 PM
TB is definition of clutch. Best player in the NFL.

That's so funny I fell out of my chair! Name a team Tom Brady could go to and make the team instantly better? NOT ONE, unless it's Notre Dame. Definition of clutch? When asked to carry the team himself, he chokes.