PDA

View Full Version : Will Favre be on the sidelines?

Brando19
06-29-2008, 02:18 PM
With #4 being retired at the MNF home opener in Green Bay, I can't see Favre standing on the sidelines watching Rodgers lead the Packers. I believe he'll stay in the back until they honor him at halftime, then he'll leave right after. What's everyone else think?

GrnBay007
06-29-2008, 02:19 PM
With #4 being retired at the MNF home opener in Green Bay, I can't see Favre standing on the sidelines watching Rodgers lead the Packers. I believe he'll stay in the back until they honor him at halftime, then he'll leave right after.

Agree

I could see him showing up at a game further down the road...but not the opener.

Packers4Ever
06-29-2008, 02:28 PM
With #4 being retired at the MNF home opener in Green Bay, I can't see Favre standing on the sidelines watching Rodgers lead the Packers. I believe he'll stay in the back until they honor him at halftime, then he'll leave right after. What's everyone else think?

He won't be visible to the crowd during the 1st half, you can bank on that, he knows it's ARod's night.

Honoring him at halftime is something else, He fully deserves the response and cheering he's going to get from Brett Favre (and Packer) fans at that point.

After the game? I agree with you, Brando 19, Favre will make himself very scarce - unless he removes his G&G cap and takes a run around the
sidelines ! :D

oregonpackfan
06-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Agreed. Brett has too much class to try to show up Rodgers.

Perhaps the next poll question should be: "Will Brett Favre negotiate with the Packers to personally mow Lambeau Field before the opener?" :)

Brando19
06-29-2008, 05:09 PM
LOL...I'd like to see Brett mowing Lambeau full time. I just don't see him on the sidelines for the game for a few reasons. He doens't want to disrespect Rodgers..which I respect, he still has an itch to play... so that would make it hard, and it would be akward....I mean Favre watching the Packers shut out the Vikings on the sideline? WEIRD! 8-)

Jimx29
06-30-2008, 12:05 AM
with the amount of people and cameras that ESPN is going to have there, it will be all but impossible for Bretts face not to show up before halftime.

They will be bleeding this for all it's worth and then some.

The Leaper
06-30-2008, 08:35 AM
Favre will be spending a good amount of time in the broadcast booth, I'm guessing.

GBRulz
06-30-2008, 09:12 AM
I would guess that he'll be hiding out in one of the private boxes...then at halftime he'll go on the field and then up to the broadcasting booth for a little while and that's it. I think he will be in the spotlight as minimal as possible.

Pugger
06-30-2008, 09:38 AM
I hope GBRulz is right. :roll: This game will be enough of a circus as it is...

woodbuck27
06-30-2008, 10:32 AM
He certainly won't.

woodbuck27
06-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Favre will be spending a good amount of time in the broadcast booth, I'm guessing.

I hope so.

but don't 'the Vikings' need a really good QB. :)

Tony Oday
06-30-2008, 10:50 AM
I also think he will try to sneak on the field in a Brian Brohm Jersey....