PDA

View Full Version : Favre to Unretire, part 72

KYPack
06-30-2008, 02:02 PM
It's the lull before camp starts. This news comes from PFT.com & I know some of you hate that net rag. Some also hate the talk about Brett changing his Southern mind.

So I'll post it anyhow. As I recall, the posters this stuff bothers are posters that annoy me anyhow. Is this anything or just a continuum of the Same Ol Same Old?

I dunno, but give it a read....

COOK PUSHING FAVRE TO PLAY?
Posted by Mike Florio on June 30, 2008, 11:52 a.m.
Though the precise discussions between “retired” quarterback Brett Favre and his agent, Bus Cook, likely are known only to Favre and Cook, some league insiders are assuming that Cook is pushing Favre to play in 2008.

The assumption is based on a perception that Cook has been yapping openly (but not yet publicly) about Favre’s supposed desire to play in 2008. Because Favre seems, at least superficially, to be content with the notion of retirement, the assumption then is that Cook is trying to get Favre to change his mind and unretire.

Cook said in the immediate wake of Favre’s decision to retire that Cook thinks Favre wanted to play in 2008, but that Favre believed the Packers didn’t want him to return. There also was a report from Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times of Cook quietly shopping Favre via trade, and we later confirmed that report.

If Favre would decide to play, his options would be to play for the Packers or no one. As to the Packers, the options would to welcome him back (and pay him an eight-figure base salary), trade him, or cut him loose.

We’re not saying that Favre is going to play. But we are saying that Cook is saying that Favre wants to play. Whether that’s true or not – and, more importantly, whether Favre acts on it — remains to be seen.

Little smoke and almost no fire. It does seem that Cook and the Favre Bros are pissed at the Pack. News keeps leaking out that comes from those two camps. Does Brett share their feelings? I think parially, yeah. but those guys didn't have to prepare for the upcoming season and BF did.

That's why he quit.

More will come on this point, I'm sure.

packers11
06-30-2008, 02:36 PM
maybe i won't draft a fantasy qb and hope he comes back :wink:

I'm such a genius :lol:

Packnut
06-30-2008, 02:46 PM
It still comes back to the point that Favre is the one who made the choice. It's a mute point whether or not Thompson wanted him gone. It was Favre's choice to make and he made it.

It was the wrong choice IMO cause he had plenty left in the tank for one more try. Brett screwed up and there ain't no going back...........

packers11
06-30-2008, 02:48 PM
I agree packnut he did screw it up, and he indeed did make the wrong choice... but then again... its not to late... training camp hasn't even started yet...

bobblehead
06-30-2008, 02:51 PM
well, he got outta OTA, now if he can get past minicamps I think he would love to return midway through TC. I think he is smart enough to realize how much it would damage his image to pull that kinda stunt though.

RashanGary
06-30-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm not suprised. I don't think #4 was ready, he jsut wanted to sit around all spring and summer before he had to leave his beautiful ranch. Football just wasn't #1, but ti's a close enough #2 for him to show up on Sundays.

No thanks. I'm ready to move on. If he wanted in, he needed to be here with the rest of the team.

DonHutson
06-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Does Bus owe money to some bad people? I think maybe he's starting rumors about his golden goose to prevent a kneecap bashing.

Tarlam!
06-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Does Bus owe money to some bad people? I think maybe he's starting rumors about his golden goose to prevent a kneecap bashing.

No joke, Don, but I was thinking similar things, myself. An agent calling a player out? You gotta be kiddin' me. I think we should send Mad's fictional cousin Vinnie over to smack Cook.

Packerarcher
06-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Who cares if he wanted out of OTA's and mini camps. Have some of you forgotten what he has done and can do for this team. Do you honestly think that the Packers would have done as well last year without Favre. I don't care if Rodgers has to sit more,if Brett wants to come back I HOPE HE DOES. He may have made the decision to retire,but the way it sounds TT may have rushed him into it. If that is the case TT is an ungrateful ass,and an idiot. Push a proven,reliable(THE MOST RELIABLE) QB into a decision like that. Just so he can start what he(TT) thinks will be his goldenboy. TT is going to realize what an idiot move that was when Hang Nail Rodgers goes down before game 5. I hope I am wrong on Rodgers,and he has a great season but I doubt it.

Pacopete4
06-30-2008, 05:33 PM
If he wants to play, I want his butt back in GB for training camp and I want him to have a press conference sayin he was wrong and that he loves the game and he is in it 100% because that is the only way I want to ever see him play and I think it would be a disgrace to himself in any other way. But to not welcome him back would be absolutely asinine.

Scott Campbell
06-30-2008, 05:43 PM
BRING BACK GILBERT BROWN!

bobblehead
06-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Who cares if he wanted out of OTA's and mini camps. Have some of you forgotten what he has done and can do for this team. Do you honestly think that the Packers would have done as well last year without Favre. I don't care if Rodgers has to sit more,if Brett wants to come back I HOPE HE DOES. He may have made the decision to retire,but the way it sounds TT may have rushed him into it. If that is the case TT is an ungrateful ass,and an idiot. Push a proven,reliable(THE MOST RELIABLE) QB into a decision like that. Just so he can start what he(TT) thinks will be his goldenboy. TT is going to realize what an idiot move that was when Hang Nail Rodgers goes down before game 5. I hope I am wrong on Rodgers,and he has a great season but I doubt it.

I would say 53 other players and an entire coaching staff care if he misses all the work involved in winning then comes waltzing in and wants his starting job back.

He retired cuz he doesn't want to put in the work, if he wanted ot put in the work, I would welcome him back with open arms, but at this point I'm on the ARod bandwagon.

taylor 31
06-30-2008, 07:05 PM
First time poster,long time pack fan(1953).Gee can't Jethroe just stay retired?

MJZiggy
06-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Welcome to the forum taylor.

Well folks you heard it here first. Favre does want to play. Check it out.
Favre to play next season (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2007-09-19-favre-nephew_N.htm)

taylor 31
06-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Thanks Zig
Very interesting article.Now if he can just grow about 4 inches,I'd say 6'2''would be about right.

packinpatland
06-30-2008, 07:37 PM
BRING BACK GILBERT BROWN!

AND WILLIAM HENDERSON!!!!!

mission
06-30-2008, 07:55 PM
and Terrell Buckley!

packers11
06-30-2008, 07:57 PM
ahmad carroll??? I miss blaming someone when something goes bad on Defense :(

BF4MVP
06-30-2008, 08:48 PM
I hate PFT.com....I don't take anything Mike Florio says seriously..Even when Jim Rome inexplicably has him on his show every once in awhile..

Pacopete4
06-30-2008, 09:35 PM
I hate PFT.com....I don't take anything Mike Florio says seriously..Even when Jim Rome inexplicably has him on his show every once in awhile..

totally agree.. and to top it off, he loves the vikings