PDA

View Full Version : KRob to get a gig?

KYPack
06-30-2008, 02:27 PM
NFL Network thinks he might.

"Oakland and Kansas City expressed some interest in Robinson," NFL Network says, "but Koren Robinson there isn’t exactly a clamoring for his services. Still, a receiver such as Robinson is too talented to overlook. Any team that needs some depth at the position -– Dallas, Cleveland, -- would consider Robinson."

One problem: The Chiefs have made it clear recently that they don't want to take any chances on players with character questions. Robinson has had his run-ins with the law, though he seemed to prove with the Packers that he has got it together again. But will the Chiefs gamble?

It showed our newfound depth at WR that Koren was dumped. It confirmed what some on here felt was a definite lack of his old speed and the quality of our other pass catchers. We strrangely have 12 WR's on the roster. It would seem if KRob had anything left they would've had him in camp. He is no threat as a return guy and is probably a slot guy only at this point.

DonHutson
06-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Well, that's why we let him go - so he'd have a chance to stick somewhere else. Best of luck to him. I don't think it was going to happen for him here.

For his sake I hope the Chiefs sign him. I wouldn't wish a spot on the Oakland Raiders circus train on anyone.

The Leaper
06-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Considering the tremendous lack of depth on many WR squads, I would sure hope that Robinson is picked up by someone. Obviously, he's not a long term solution for anyone...but he's a very capable #4 for at least half the teams in the NFL right now.

Scott Campbell
06-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Considering the tremendous lack of depth on many WR squads, I would sure hope that Robinson is picked up by someone. Obviously, he's not a long term solution for anyone...but he's a very capable #4 for at least half the teams in the NFL right now.

The problem with those #4 positions is that you'd usually like to use it on a young guy with some upside.

KYPack
06-30-2008, 10:33 PM
KR can't really play ST anymore. he's really declined in his lay-off. I'd think any team signing him woyuld pass if he's as limited a player as he was for us at the end of last year.

Pacopete4
07-01-2008, 12:55 AM
i think he just needs to get that knee healthy and he might have a shot at stickin with someone as a 3rd WR... best of luck to him and hope he keeps clean

the_idle_threat
07-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Problem is, the knee will probably never get healthy.