PDA

View Full Version : Have you got anything to support this bias on Aaron Rodgers

woodbuck27
06-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Vic Carucci's Tuesday Huddle

By Vic Carucci
National Editor, NFL.com

•The more I hear about the Green Bay Packers' offseason workouts, the better I understand why they were so willing to leave the door open as long as they did for Brett Favre's return. Even in taking limited snaps and despite missing the occasional on-field session as he did on June 5, Favre is showing that he still is among the NFL's elite passers.

He continues to represent the Packers' greatest hope for offensive success, which won't be easy to achieve after the departure of game-breaking receiver Javon Walker.

Meanwhile, Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay's first-round pick in 2005, has yet to provide a whole lot of encouragement that he could be even an adequate replacement when Favre finally does step aside. In taking the lion's share of offseason snaps, Rodgers isn't making much of an impression with his arm strength, although his delivery has looked a little less awkward than it did during his rookie year. So far, the buzz among Packers players is uncertainty over whether Rodgers has the goods to be the future starter.

BlueBrewer
06-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Everything that I have heard and read says that he is looking great, bigger stronger, arm strength is better and is more confident. Vic can suck my dick. :twisted:

woodbuck27
06-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Everything that I have heard and read says that he is looking great, bigger stronger, arm strength is better and is more confident. Vic can suck my dick. :twisted:

Yes. William Henderson spoke very well of Aaron on video last week and certainly spoke very positively of his poise and of his arm strength looking alot better this off season. "Tight long pass's" or words to that effect.

The Leaper
06-07-2006, 03:36 PM
I think the general consensus has been that Rodgers has looked more capable during practice this year, but he does have some limitations in terms of his arm strength and accuracy downfield.

You don't need great arm strength or downfield accuracy for success in the WCO...but you will need other attributes to offset those limitations. Joe Montana really did not have elite arm strength or tremendous downfield accuracy either, and he was plenty good enough. He used his knowledge and calm under pressure to overcome other limitations.

The jury will be out on Rodgers until he faces live bullets as to whether or not he has the other intangibles to offset some of his physical limitations.

Bossman641
06-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Most reports I've seen on Rodgers say that he is bigger, has a stronger arm, and has the support of teammaters.

The negatives are that he tends to start out very slowly in practices and has a tendency to check down too much. Haven't heard anything nearly as bad as this article suggests.

red
06-07-2006, 04:13 PM
i've pretty much heard the exact opposite of what this clown has said, from people that have actually watched him practice

yeah the loss of walker will really hurt, he was such a huge contributer last season

woodbuck27
06-07-2006, 04:18 PM
"The negatives are that he tends to start out very slowly in practices and has a tendency to check down too much." Bossman641

Oh yea. I forgot that there was something on his penchant to like the checkdown that helps his passing completion record but doesn't do alot to sustain a drive to the Red Zone and 6 pt's.

For Aaron Rodgers it will only come, as he gets Rep's. and confidence ( from the players and the Coach's and System ), and continues to improve his strength and mechanics.

KYPack
06-07-2006, 05:26 PM
It's more than just a little early.

All the preliminary stuff I read is Rodgers is improving. Face it, this guy has potential, but no one can tell if he'll make it or not.

He's got to develop a sense or urgency and improve his pocket awareness. So does every young QB. Tell this "expert" to shut up

BooHoo
06-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Only one word can be used to determine if Rodgers is a starter or not: time. :roll:

Rastak
06-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Only one word can be used to determine if Rodgers is a starter or not: time. :roll:

No, jpopp thinks he's better than a 7-2 starter in last years real NFL and not the sideline. He thinks he's SOLID starting material. I'm sure 31 teams wish he was the starter....not GB of course, with Favre.....

HarveyWallbangers
06-07-2006, 11:34 PM
In Brad They Trust

My prediction: Johnson plays no more than 10 games. Just a hunch. He's a decent starter, but he's always been relatively brittle. Then again, I'm the guy who predicted Pat Williams would start breaking down last year. Just something about 32-33 year old DTs that scare me.

Rastak
06-08-2006, 08:05 AM
In Brad They Trust

My prediction: Johnson plays no more than 10 games. Just a hunch. He's a decent starter, but he's always been relatively brittle. Then again, I'm the guy who predicted Pat Williams would start breaking down last year. Just something about 32-33 year old DTs that scare me.

Yea, it's very possible. I can think of plenty of guys I'd rather have than Johnson....it's just that Rodgers isn't one of them.

Not to say he (Rodgers) won't succeed in the NFL. He hasn't shown too much to date. It'll be interesting to see how he plays this preseason.
I would expect some improvement being it's his second year.

woodbuck27
06-08-2006, 10:09 AM
In Brad They Trust

Yea, it's very possible. I can think of plenty of guys I'd rather have than Johnson....it's just that Rodgers isn't one of them.

Not to say he (Rodgers) won't succeed in the NFL. He hasn't shown too much to date. It'll be interesting to see how he plays this preseason.

I believe that the Packers have to test Aaron Rodgers every time that Favre sets that chance up. Whether it's Favre in an off day or Favre putting the Packers way ahead.

The Packers have to see what they have in Aaron Rodgers 'under fire'. If he isn't looking good I would not be surprised to see Favre back again next season.

The Packers can't hide Aaron Rodgers this season. He must be somewhat, TESTED.

GoPackGo
06-08-2006, 10:12 AM

No, jpopp thinks he's better than a 7-2 starter in last years real NFL and not the sideline. He thinks he's SOLID starting material. I'm sure 31 teams wish he was the starter....not GB of course, with Favre.....

Quit trying to play internet thug ya brokeback bitch

RashanGary
06-08-2006, 10:36 AM

If I had to choose between Rodgers and Johnson and I only had one season to play, I'd choose Johnson. He's a proven NFL QB.

I would rather have Rodgers than Johnson if I were the Packers or Vikings though.

gureski
06-08-2006, 12:19 PM
This is nonsense and I question whether this information came from J.Walker. What other players would be in position to even take on this conversation and what other players would dare try to rock the boat as a new head coach takes over?

This thing reeks of Walker. All reports out of mini-camps, from players and coaches AND the media say that Rogers had looked better this year.

And let me tell you, IF the media could write articles calling out Rogers and inferring he's a bust.....they'd do it in a heartbeat! ANd don't tell me that players don't have more of a connection to local reporters and that they wouldn't feed this to local guys before it ever got to a National reporter. This whole thing is garbage.

Again, the media in Wisconsin watch Rogers all the time. If he was stinking it up they'd be leading with stories about his stench. It wouldn't go first to the National media. Again, I have no proof but I say this is Walker spouting off in interviews as a new Denver Bronco. Walker is the guy who has the ear of the National media over the past couple months. He's got a chip on his shoulder against the Packers. I'm jumping the gun but I say it's Walker spouting off.

ND72
06-09-2006, 02:35 PM
I've read nothing but good things about Rodgers. I love how people complain about "checking down" to a RB, and making a completion even if it's for like 4 yards.....so lets just find the next Brett Favre i guess who will gunsling and try to fit any little pass in he can, and if he throws 30 INT's, we'll deal with it.

BULL CRAP

Aaron Rodgers isn't going to be like Brett, I hope you all realize it. He will manage games, and not take the chance at mistakes....I'd rather have a guy that throws 18 TD's and 9 INT's than 25TD's and 25INT's....i guess that's just my opinion though.

Tony Oday
06-09-2006, 02:52 PM
I want a QB that wins.

Who is the bettter QB Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? At the position its MAnnign but whos got the rings baby?