PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's popping up???

digitaldean
06-30-2008, 08:33 PM
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics30/400/UC/UCLWAREOKJAISTT.20080211223346.jpg

Just channel surfing before and watched a minute of an Arena League playoff game.

Sure enough, ol' Ahmad got called for interference, grabbing a jersey. Old habits die hard even in the Arena League, huh?

BF4MVP
06-30-2008, 08:46 PM
A first round NFL draft pick who's not even 25 playing in the arena league..What a terrible pick...

red
06-30-2008, 08:51 PM
A first round NFL draft pick who's not even 25 playing in the arena league..What a terrible pick...

well, in the 92 game on nfln right now they just said how ron wolf loves t-buck and if they had the number 1 overall pick they still would have taken him

my respect for ron wolf just went down a notch

but i guess t-buck did manage to stay out of the minor leagues

falco
06-30-2008, 08:58 PM

well, in the 92 game on nfln right now they just said how ron wolf loves t-buck and if they had the number 1 overall pick they still would have taken him

ron wolf was awesome and all, but not the best drafter ever...his legacy is brett favre and reggie white, and a few other nice FA moves he pulled off. now IMHO that puts him in HOF category, but his drafts weren't all that...which I why I don't understand all the flak that TT takes for Harrell - how many first round busts did Ron Wolf draft?

HarveyWallbangers
06-30-2008, 09:01 PM
I think his drafts overall were good. Not great, but good. I think you are underselling him because he missed on most of his 1st round picks.

falco
06-30-2008, 09:12 PM
I think his drafts overall were good. Not great, but good. I think you are underselling him because he missed on most of his 1st round picks.

I don't know that I undersold him - I called him a HOF talent. I don't think his drafts were terrible - and I didn't pay as much attention during his tenure as I do now. But I would say that hitting on your first round picks is very important.

Scott Campbell
06-30-2008, 09:20 PM
......fugg'n Sherman.......

falco
06-30-2008, 09:25 PM

ahhhhh - now there is a man that knew how to draft

HarveyWallbangers
06-30-2008, 10:23 PM

I don't know that I undersold him - I called him a HOF talent. I don't think his drafts were terrible - and I didn't pay as much attention during his tenure as I do now. But I would say that hitting on your first round picks is very important.

I think you judge a draft as a whole. Who cares where your solid starters come from--as long as you get them. Wolf had an uncanny ability to hit on picks in the 3rd round and later. He consistently hit on a couple of late round picks that became solid starters. Few teams do that.

Tony Oday
06-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Wolf was a poker player that won. nobody remembers the wins they remember the losses...

Partial
06-30-2008, 11:20 PM

To be fair, many of those guys turned out to be solid players. Verba, T-Buck, etc carved out nice careers for themselves. Buck had a lot of picks.

mission
07-01-2008, 01:05 AM

i chuckled out loud when i opened the thread and i chuckle now...

that's exactly what i said ... "uggggh fakkin sherman!! :curseyou!:"

AC is such a joke.. that's hilarious you saw him get flagged. im the annoying guy at the bar hating on AC so bad that you just want either me to leave or him to get benched. i hated him so much as a packer starter. it was real hate and anger. real, i tell you.

falco
07-01-2008, 06:14 AM

I think you judge a draft as a whole. Who cares where your solid starters come from--as long as you get them. Wolf had an uncanny ability to hit on picks in the 3rd round and later. He consistently hit on a couple of late round picks that became solid starters. Few teams do that.

I'll agree with that.

The Leaper
07-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Buckley wasn't that bad a player...he had a decent NFL career. He wasn't worth a #1 overall pick, or even a top ten...but he was worth a late first round selection.

woodbuck27
07-01-2008, 10:07 AM

ron wolf was awesome and all, but not the best drafter ever...his legacy is brett favre and reggie white, and a few other nice FA moves he pulled off. now IMHO that puts him in HOF category, but his drafts weren't all that...which I why I don't understand all the flak that TT takes for Harrell - how many first round busts did Ron Wolf draft?

Mike Sherman drafted Ahman Carroll and I re-call where I sat and what I felt with that poor choice.

Guts shout at you. :)

Green Bud Packer
07-01-2008, 10:20 AM
In the college game a D.B. can do everything but rape the wideout and that was A.C.'s game. In the hands off N.F.L he sucked donkey balls, as did his G.M.