PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario has Super toenails removed

GoPackGo
06-07-2006, 05:12 PM
I've never heard of any NFL players doing this..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2474286

HOUSTON -- Houston Texans No. 1 draft pick Mario Williams will be sidelined for the rest of the week after having the toenails on both of his big toes removed.

Williams, a 6-foot-7, 292-pound defensive end, had the procedure done on Monday after struggling with infections because of problems with his toenails.

Houston has been going through organized team workouts for the past month and had their first day of minicamp on Wednesday.

"They were bothering him throughout the camp," said Texans coach Gary Kubiak. "So instead of trying to fight it, they removed them. We're giving him a few days off to make sure it heals properly."

Kubiak said Williams would probably return to practice on Friday.

"We just didn't want it to be a problem when we got to the summer so we took care of it now," Kubiak said.

Williams, who signed a six-year $54 million contract, with $26.5 guaranteed the night before the draft, spent practice intently watching all the drills Houston's other ends and tackles performed.

BallHawk
06-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Well, that's a first.

billy_oliver880
06-07-2006, 05:21 PM
WTF :shock: Can't the writers find something else to write about?

GrnBay007
06-07-2006, 05:29 PM
I clicked on this thread by mistake......now I'm sick. I can't stand to hear/read about feet problems. UGH!!

swede
06-07-2006, 05:31 PM
One of the things I like about Hawk--the kids got great toenails.
[/i]

red
06-07-2006, 05:32 PM
too much info

if you guys want something really fun and gross. i had my drill slip today while trying to drive a screw, and had the phillips head bit drive right into my thumb and went right down to the bone, spinning like crazy the whole time. then i passed out a bit. now my thumb has a big black hole filled with loose mangled skin and meat and whatnot

swede
06-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Eeew! That gave me the willies. Sorry about your accident Red. Take two Vicodin, a manhattan with pickled olives, and sleep with your hand above your heart so it won't throb as badly.

RashanGary
06-07-2006, 05:52 PM
hahahah.....OUCH....

not laughin at ya Red...Laughin with ya...I've had a few on the job injuried myself...As long as you don't lose a finger or something it's all good.

MJZiggy
06-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow!

Oh and as for Williams, Eeeewwww.

red
06-07-2006, 06:03 PM
laugh away, i'd be laughing too if it happened to someone else. thats the first time i've gotten light headed and fallen over from a cut or gash, and i've had plenty

its not the throbbing that bothers me, its the insane burning. i did think for a minute my hand thumb would be lost when the whole thing turned blue, but the color came back an hour later

and for god sakes, if i had vicodin, i sure as hell wouldn't be here right now describing it to you guys, i'd be on the floor somewhere in la-la land lol

MJZiggy
06-07-2006, 06:07 PM
I'm not laughing, that's gotta hurt. If you were here, I'd give you one of my vicodin.

Harlan Huckleby
06-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Sorry, I'm picturing Homer Simpson.

hurleyfan
06-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Speaking of toenail problems..

I used to be a mechanic and dropped a hub cap on my left foot, mostly the big toe. The pressure was unbelievable, I thought my toe would burst!

After about the worst 5 minutes of my life, I took out my electric drill and a nice new small drill bit, and drilled through my toe nail!

Once I broke through and the blood squirted out, the relief was instantaneous!

If Mario's having trouble with his toenails, I can sympathize!

GBRulz
06-07-2006, 06:49 PM
OMG Hurley I am about to lose my supper...even though I didn't eat any yet

red
06-07-2006, 06:56 PM

I used to be a mechanic and dropped a hub cap on my left foot, mostly the big toe. The pressure was unbelievable, I thought my toe would burst!

After about the worst 5 minutes of my life, I took out my electric drill and a nice new small drill bit, and drilled through my toe nail!

you can also do that by heating up a pin or needle and letting it slowly melt through the nail

Bossman641
06-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Hurley that is gross. Was it like a geyser?

Kiwon
06-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Well, at least no one can accuse PR members of being wimps...

hurleyfan
06-07-2006, 06:59 PM
OMG Hurley I am about to lose my supper...even though I didn't eat any yet

Sorry GBM, but the thread brought back painful memories, and I had to do something! The pain was the worst I've ever had, including broken wrist and right leg.

hurleyfan
06-07-2006, 07:01 PM

you can also do that by heating up a pin or needle and letting it slowly melt through the nail

Red,
I tried the HOT needle but wasn't getting anywhere, and needed some FAST relief

hurleyfan
06-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Hurley that is gross. Was it like a geyser?

Nice little "Old Faithful" :lol:

red
06-07-2006, 07:03 PM
since we're on the subject of gross things. has anyone ever gotten a piece of metal stuck in their eye? let me tell you how fun that is. i go to the eye dr. a day after it happened (it was just a sliver from a screw that was in my iris. they numb your eye, then he takes out a giant needle and digs it out. then since it was in there for almost a full day he said that there was some rust. so he took out a drill that looked and sounded like one at the dentist, and he literaly drills your eyeball where the rust is. now i was numb so i didn't feel one thing. but i could see out of my eye a big needle and drill poking at it. i almost puked all over the guy

it might have been the worst 5 minutes of my life

GoPackGo
06-07-2006, 08:27 PM
so he took out a drill that looked and sounded like one at the dentist, and he literaly drills your eyeball where the rust is. now i was numb so i didn't feel one thing. but i could see out of my eye a big needle and drill poking at it. i almost puked all over the guy

it might have been the worst 5 minutes of my life

thats brutal

pbmax
06-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Red, you could easily make a living travelling to schools to talk to children about safety and what not to do!

And I promise from now on I am using the term "refunded" for gastrointestinal distress. I had never heard it, but I nearly fell on the floor laughing when I saw it.

Guiness
06-07-2006, 10:48 PM
I clicked on this thread by mistake......now I'm sick. I can't stand to hear/read about feet problems. UGH!!

So I guess getting you to take pictures of your feet, with your toenails all painted different colours, while standing on a seafoam green shag carpet is out of the question?

Nothing to see here - move along :wink:

GrnBay007
06-07-2006, 11:07 PM
So I guess getting you to take pictures of your feet, with your toenails all painted different colours, while standing on a seafoam green shag carpet is out of the question?

I could do that (green and gold) :D minus the green shag carpet.
I just have this foot fetish. I'm perfectly fine with normal looking feet....but anything odd looking and I seriously feel ill. Sounds silly I know, but it's been this way a long time. And even though I know I may regret it, when I see someone in sandles or barefoot, I'm compelled to look at their feet.

Everyone has their little fetish.......this is mine. :oops:

Mazzin
06-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Talking about pain and what not... About 4 weeks ago (month) me and my Father both had the day off, and shark fishing is just picking up. (no good no more they are done breeding and the babys are in there :sad: ) So we drive to Wal-mart get my fishing liscense, go home and get the boat and traylor, drive 45 mins to the dock, and than drove for an hour and half to the "spot" after about 4 mins I catch about an 4 1/2 ft. Atlantic sharpenose shark. Just than my dads pole bends down and starts going out, so we think he has one on......get up to the boat and its a HUGE sting-ray prolly 4 ft by 3 ft....which is big for a sting-ray. (Mind you we catch them all the time)

So just like normal he pulls it up and grabs the needle nose plyers and trys to get it unhooked, and than a wave came and pushed the Ray up just far enough to reach my dads hand, ( Stinger only sticks out about 6 inches from the base of the body, not whole tail) Sticks my dad betweek the middle and ring finder knuckles, and goes under the skin THROUGH a VEIN to his wrist and than RIPS out.

Than my dad is bleeding like a stuck pig, so i pull up the two anchors, and reel in all the lines and drive him the Hour and Half back inland, and he is just GUSHING blood in this towel (straight through his veins) and grunting like a sissy....( I mean it MUST have hurt they are toxic) But by the time we get all the way back to the dock its done bleeding but he is still grunting and stuff in pain. So I load up the boat and take it home and his hand is HUGE and Purple and he said he couldn't move his shoulder or his elbow so we left imediately.

So we get to the emergency room (military) and wait for like an hour, and prolly longer but he was pacing the floor like someone had jsut shot him (by this time his arm and EVERYTHING was purple, than they took him back, and you wouldn't belive it but all they did was put his hand in a bucket of warm water and ALL the poison came right out...MIRACLE he is being SANE again, than the x-rays and there is a barb from the ray still in his hand....

SO they open up his Vein/Hand with little half sissors and pull out the barb and give him like 4 numbing shots in his hand, and a tetnis shot (sp?) but it was just DISGUSTING and amazing how fast he was in pain and how serious the whole situation was.

Bretsky
06-07-2006, 11:13 PM
[/quote]

Everyone has their little fetish.......this is mine. :oops:[/quote]

Phhooeeyy

I have no fetish; I'm perfectly normal :wink:

GoPackGo
06-07-2006, 11:37 PM

I could do that (green and gold) :D minus the green shag carpet.
I just have this foot fetish. I'm perfectly fine with normal looking feet....but anything odd looking and I seriously feel ill. Sounds silly I know, but it's been this way a long time. And even though I know I may regret it, when I see someone in sandles or barefoot, I'm compelled to look at their feet.

Everyone has their little fetish.......this is mine. :oops:

I hate looking at all human feet. I'd even hate looking at a foot models feet. gross

packerpete
06-08-2006, 12:15 AM
too much info

if you guys want something really fun and gross. i had my drill slip today while trying to drive a screw, and had the phillips head bit drive right into my thumb and went right down to the bone, spinning like crazy the whole time. then i passed out a bit. now my thumb has a big black hole filled with loose mangled skin and meat and whatnot

Oh man Red, that is a painful thing to do.

I have done the exact same thing, I was driving an oversized screw and the thing wobbled and I drilled my thumbnail right through to the meat.

It hurt like hell, but I cracked open another beer and finished the deck.

As it healed, it was pretty gnarly, there was a hole in my nail which periodically oozed some pus and gunk, then when the nail grew out enough, there was a big chunk out of my nail top, leaving my thumb tip exposed and when pressured it was uncomfortable as hell.

Enjoy the healing process!!

packerpete
06-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Back to the original post, I can only say for Marios sake,...

I am happy for him he didnt have Jock Itch with treatment options like that!!

MadtownPacker
06-08-2006, 01:58 AM
Great pain stories everyone. Nice to hear about you guys getting hurt. :razz:

BTW - Super Mario is acting more like the princess. Hawk would have ripped the nail off and put his shoe back on!

red
06-08-2006, 07:14 AM
too much info

Oh man Red, that is a painful thing to do.

I have done the exact same thing, I was driving an oversized screw and the thing wobbled and I drilled my thumbnail right through to the meat.

It hurt like hell, but I cracked open another beer and finished the deck.

As it healed, it was pretty gnarly, there was a hole in my nail which periodically oozed some pus and gunk, then when the nail grew out enough, there was a big chunk out of my nail top, leaving my thumb tip exposed and when pressured it was uncomfortable as hell.

Enjoy the healing process!!

well luckily i didn't go through the nail, but other then that it sounds like you did the exact same thing

i also cracked a beer, after i came too, but unlike you i said f'ck this, i'm done with this project for today lol

that sting ray story is nasty, i've never been stung by a giant sting ray, but i have gotten stung by a little tiny jelly fish and thought my whole leg was going to burn off. those sea creatures are vicious little bastards

Mazzin
06-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Good post red, got a BIG :D out of it.
:lol:

GBRulz
06-08-2006, 11:13 AM
TLC has this show on last night called "101 More Things Removed From the Human Body"

Now, I don't get grossed out too easily, but whenever it comes to bugs, I can't stand to watch. I think it started back when i watched "Creepshow" when I was about 10 years old and saw the guy overtaken by cock roaches. guess that's what I get for watching an R movie behind my parents back....

anyhow, last night they removed a cock roach from inside someone, they removed a slug from someone's head...I had to change the channel after that, but found myself clicking back on it a few minutes later to see what the next clip was. The stuff about a piece of 4 x 6 with nails in it being lodged into a guys chest sticking out the other or the guy with a knife stuck into his forehead didn't gross me out...but those damn bugs...eeeek.

MJZiggy
06-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Then I suppose they won't be doing maggot therapy on you if you get an infection? :shock:

GBRulz
06-08-2006, 12:11 PM
heck, no! They might as well just start digging my grave before I did that!

reminds me of this one documentary of a lone plane crash survivor in the Amazon. She was there for months, survived off eating various things in the jungle. She also was bitten by some kind of bug that laid it's eggs in her skin and she had these huge ass bumps all over her full of maggots or eggs or larvae or something disgusting like that...

Oscar
06-08-2006, 12:14 PM
I had a piece of metal taken out of my eys last week. It's the second time for me but, its one creepy feeling watching that needle comming at your eye. And the Dr. saying hold still. Yeah right!

red
06-08-2006, 12:31 PM
I had a piece of metal taken out of my eys last week. It's the second time for me but, its one creepy feeling watching that needle comming at your eye. And the Dr. saying hold still. Yeah right!

did you get the drill treatment too, or did they get it before the rust set in?

Badgepack
06-08-2006, 12:36 PM
It was hard to "keep still" while the lasers are dancing while getting Lasik eye surgery also. The wierdest part was when they flipped the cornea back.

b bulldog
06-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Not to gross anyone out but during my last football season, I developed an ingrown toenail. After every practice, my sock would be full of puss and blood. I played with that the whole season and once the season was over, I went to the Pediatrist and he removed the nail that had grown halfway through my big toe. Ouch and GROSS! :neutral: To be honest, I don't recall it hurting real bad although my threshold for injury type pain is real high but for hangover, flu type pain, real LOW!!!

GoPackGo
06-08-2006, 11:22 PM
my threshold for injury type pain is real high but for hangover, flu type pain, real LOW!!!
I'm the same way. Do you have any tattoos? I found that type of pain more manageable than the flu or hangover

Guiness
06-09-2006, 12:37 AM
Damn - you guys have some ugly stories! I don't know if Mazz's counts tho'. It was second hand! Do you have any personal ones you want to share?

I've got my own foot one - I had some buildup in my big toe joint, so the doc went in there and scrapped out what I didn't need. Damn, I had no idea the pain I was going to be in for. The nausea and severe pain went on for about 5 days.

When I came to after the surgery, I felt fine of course (anestetic) but should've clued in when they gave me a half dozen percocet to get me through 'till morning when the pharmacy opened.

Best part was that I felt ok, and fell asleep. Woke up about 2am, in excrutiating pain, and the percs were like 20' away, across the room. I tried, but honestly, there was no way I could get to them w/o passing out from pain. I started yelling for someone to come, but no one would wake up. I finally realized that my cell was on the coffee table, and just started calling the house line again and again until someone picked up!

Harlan Huckleby
06-09-2006, 12:44 AM
I know for sure if I were a POW, and they started pulling out my fingernails, I would tell 'um EVERYTHING. Well, I would make stuff up.

Iron Mike
06-09-2006, 07:37 AM
OMG.......gross stories??? Wait 'til next offseason......I'll start the "Iron Mike's Tales From The Medical Examiner's Office" thread..... :cry:

BallHawk
06-09-2006, 08:17 AM
I have three painful stories....

(1) When I was about 6 I was riding my bike down a gravel trail in Klodey Park, in Whitefish Bay, and there was a huge rock in the road, but I didn't see it, so my bike crashed into the rock, put me flying in the air, and my forehead crashed right against another huge rock right behind it. I was bleeding like hell, and the rock that I was landing against looked like it had been painted red. Eventually, I was taken to the ER and received 45 stiches in my forehead.

(2) I was making coffee for my parents in the morning and while I was making the coffee I was watching Sportscenter. So after 5 minutes I went to check on the coffee and the filter had leaked or something, and this coffee was leaking out everywhere, so I tried to move the machine, but it tipped and I spilt about a gallon of 275 degree coffe all over me left arm, suffering 2nd degree burns. I had to be in a cast for about 3 weeks.

(3) I was playing football in my community backyard with a group of about ten kids. We were playing when there was a fumle and the ball dropped to the ground. Well, I was the first there and pounced on the ball. The bad thing was eveyone else went for the ball and I was cought on the bottom of the dogpile. Suddenly I felt these things crawling up my legs and then a sharp pain. Automaticaly I knew it was fire ants. For those Northeners who don't know what a fire ant is, it's these vicious SOB who make their nests in lawns, and if you piss them off the whole herd attacks you. So I have all these kids on top of me and I'm yelling for them to get off, but they don't listen. Eventually they got off, but by this time by knee is just a sea of red and I'm getting bit like hell, they're all over my shorts too. So I have no choice but to take off my shorts and run half a mile home in my boxers. As I was running these people in their cars are looking at me and are like "WTF?" Once I get home my Mom puts all this cream on it, I went to the docters the next day and we count that I suffered 220 bites on my left leg. About 150 more could of killed me.

And the sad thing about this is I've suffered all of this in just 13 years. Who knows what type of pain awaits me later in life?