PDA

View Full Version : Jim Nance’s recognition thrills daughter - HOF?

woodbuck27
07-02-2008, 11:17 AM
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/2008_07_02_Nance_s_recognition_thrills_daughter/srvc=patriots&position=2

Jim Nance’s recognition thrills daughter

By Karen Guregian
Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Rachel Nance never saw her father play. She never watched the Patriots running back crash through a line of scrimmage and bowl over would-be tacklers.

She was 12 when Jim Nance died at the age of 49 in 1992.

But she still has plenty of reminders of what he meant to the organization, and to the region. Her memories of his career have been shaped from stories she’s heard from family members, peers who played with him, fans who watched him and old videotapes from the late-1960s.

She has some of her dad’s old uniforms, helmets included, and sitting in a special place of honor in her New York apartment resides her father’s 1966 American Football League most valuable player trophy.

“Everything I know about him on the field has come through stories, videotapes, stuff that’s been written about him, the awards and honors,” Nance said of her father, whose 45 rushing touchdowns still stand as a team record. “That’s how I’ve built my memories.”

LINK for the rest of this story.