PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT FAVRE WANTS TO PLAY AGAIN THREAD!!!!

Pacopete4
07-02-2008, 04:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3471189

With his family "tugging" on him to play, Brett Favre has an "itch" to come out of retirement and report to training camp with the Green Bay Packers later this month, according to sources close to the team and player.

Favre has communicated his potential desire to coach Mike McCarthy but talks have not advanced to a substantive stage, a Packers source said.

The source said the Packers would be reluctant to open the door for Favre because "Brett retired for the right reasons, even though I know his family is tugging on him [to play]."

Another source conceded Favre was "getting the itch" to play football in 2008.

However, Favre's agent downplayed the likelihood that the quarterback could un-retire or that he was prepared to report to camp July 28.

"As far as I know, right now, Brett Favre is retired and until he tells me something different, that's what it is," James "Bus" Cook, Favre's agent, said.

Favre was unavailable for comment. A Packers spokesman said that McCarthy and general manager Ted Thompson were on vacation. Favre has two years remaining on his contract at an average of about $12.5 million per season. His salary is not currently counting toward the salary cap because the Packers placed him on the reserve-retired list.

If Favre decides that he absolutely wants to play this season, the Packers could be confronted with a sensitive issue. The entire offseason has been spent preparing Aaron Rodgers to play quarterback to the point where "the offensive scheme has evolved" and, psychologically, closing the door on Favre's legendary 17-year career.

If the Packers resist a stronger push by Favre to return, sources speculate that the quarterback could press the team to release him from his contract so that he could seek a job with another team. A league official said that Favre could force a decision by asking the Packers, in writing, to reinstate him to active status. The team would have to comply or release him.

"That's speculation and I wouldn't go there," a team source said. "We value Brett's legacy, we think he values it, and we'd want to protect that. Brett's a high-quality person and he's not going to push it that far. He'll do the right thing [and stay retired]. This was almost predictable, the idea that Brett would get the itch to play as we get closer to the season."

In an interview done with ESPN around the time Favre retired in early March, McCarthy predicted Favre "will have an itch to come back. I saw Joe Montana go through it, even though I was a younger coach in Kansas City at the time."

McCarthy said it was Favre who convinced the coach that retirement was the "right thing to do."

"I tried to talk him out of retirement," McCarthy said back in March. "Tom Clements [Green Bay's quarterbacks coach] and I were trying to sell him on the concept that he could still play at a high level with 80-to-85 percent of the commitment he had last year. Brett thought that maybe he could do it but he reasoned that when you cut back the commitment, you open yourself up to injury, to not being on top of your game -- which was very important to Brett -- and letting the team down in the process.

"Really, what Brett did was very honorable because the stress and pressure he feels is a direct result of the standard he sets for himself."

Pacopete4
07-02-2008, 04:19 PM
thought we might have too many threads going on...

Scott Campbell- how many sacks did Favre take at 38?... mobility to me isn't too much of an issue

DonHutson
07-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Good. We can all officially stop using the other two threads about this.

Unofficially, do what you want.

:roll:

Scott Campbell
07-02-2008, 04:25 PM

Scott Campbell- how many sacks did Favre take at 38?... mobility to me isn't too much of an issue

Escapability is one thing, getting a critical first down with your feet is another. Even the threat of a QB run forces D's to be concerned about containment, and theoretically gives a slight edge to the offenses passing game. Though I'm sure Brett is more mobile than every other 38 year old QB in the league.

packers11
07-02-2008, 04:26 PM
found this from another forum...

Jason Wilde reported that a very good NFL source told thim that Cook and Farve went to the Packers 2 weeks ago and wanted to come back. The Packers said no . He then went to Mortenson to leak the story to heighten the awareness and force the Packers hand.

Scott Campbell
07-02-2008, 04:26 PM
When he re-retires (whenever that is), are we supposed to use some of the existing 72 threads on his retirement, or start a bunch of new ones?

Pacopete4
07-02-2008, 04:35 PM
I guess Arod sssssshhhhhoulda kept his yapper shut cuz Bretts gonna take the job that Arod never held

Scott Campbell
07-02-2008, 04:35 PM
All this drama can't be fun for Mr. Rodgers.

Pacopete4
07-02-2008, 04:37 PM
probably not, but if he truely is the asshole a lot of people say he is... then fuggum

BallHawk
07-02-2008, 04:41 PM
probably not, but if he truely is the asshole a lot of people say he is... then fuggum

Nomination for dumbest post of the year.

Rastak
07-02-2008, 04:42 PM

I don't know, Butt Plug has had several that could qualify.

mission
07-02-2008, 04:52 PM
this is just fuckin great... i love and loved brett favre, idolized him, once almost got my ass beat by a gang of bible thumpers for saying that i would boo jesus christ before favre... but come on ...

brett... for the pack, for the love of fuckin god ... this is like that one bad relationship that you cant even CHEAT yourself out of you. you try to bang some midget lesbians in her bed thinking that THAT would put it over the top and she still forces her own forgiveness and wont let you break up until one of you is dead. or a crazy seinfeld episode but either way...

we dont need to have non-football headlines in the fuckin headlines every day... ugh, im pretty sick of this.

hahha!

packinpatland
07-02-2008, 04:54 PM
So.....what happens on MNF when they retire the jersey and he's playing with another team......
Not much of all this makes sense to me. "rotten in Denmark' written all over it.
The 'I've got an itch to play' really does sound like something taken out of context.....there has to be more that was said before and after that statement.
About Bus and Brett going to the Packers......someone needs to substantiate that one.

Pacopete4
07-02-2008, 04:56 PM

ballhawk, go fuck yourself... ive heard from many people that Arod is a complete ass to people and now that hes the starter he's tryin to win over fans...

Rastak
07-02-2008, 04:56 PM
So.....what happens on MNF when they retire the jersey and he's playing with another team......
Not much of all this makes sense to me. "rotten in Denmark' written all over it.
The 'I've got an itch to play' really does sound like something taken out of context.....there has to be more that was said before and after that statement.
About Bus and Brett going to the Packers......someone needs to substantiate that one.

Actually it sounds alot like the comments he's made all along. How about his "somethings bound to happen by training camp" comment?

BallHawk
07-02-2008, 05:00 PM

ballhawk, go fuck yourself... ive heard from many people that Arod is a complete ass to people and now that hes the starter he's tryin to win over fans...

Asshole? Read interviews, watch his interview on Rome, read columns about him. The guy is far from an asshole.

You've heard from many people? Care to elaborate on who these people are?

Scott Campbell
07-02-2008, 05:01 PM

Aw settle down. There's so many nominations that you probably won't win anyway.

DonHutson
07-02-2008, 05:02 PM

Now that's funny. Mostly because it's true.

GBRulz
07-02-2008, 05:03 PM

Why don't you stop listening to everything you read in the National Enquirer? I have had the chance to hang out with Aaron on several occasions. I can tell you from my personal experience and many of my friends that know him much better than me, that he is a great guy.

Who the hell needs soap opera's when you can just tune into PR lately. jeez you guys.

I really hate the off-season, this one especially.

BallHawk
07-02-2008, 05:04 PM

Quite true. Partial's got 50 and JH has 50 so the odds are against Paco.

Scott Campbell
07-02-2008, 05:06 PM

Quite true. Partial's got 50 and JH has 50 so the odds are against Paco.

You damn teenage troublemaker.

:D

woodbuck27
07-02-2008, 05:07 PM

Escapability is one thing, getting a critical first down with your feet is another. Even the threat of a QB run forces D's to be concerned about containment, and theoretically gives a slight edge to the offenses passing game. Though I'm sure Brett is more mobile than every other 38 year old QB in the league.

Poor use of sarcasm.

texaspackerbacker
07-02-2008, 05:09 PM
No Packer fan in his right mind should call Brett Favre an asshole--even if it was true--which according to everything the public has access to, it is not.

As for coming back, I hope he doesn't. I hoped he wouldn't retire; I thought he wouldn't retire; But now, I've gotten psyched up to the idea that the Packers will be a better team--less inconsistent, less dependent on the day to day ups and downs of one player, etc. than last year.

That part about the offensive scheme evolving says it all. The reason Favre was sacked so seldom, the reason the Packers were susceptible to certain kinds of D, etc. was compensating for Favre's slow aging and increasing deficiencies. Rodgers won't have those deficiencies. He also probably won't have a lot of Favre's strengths.

I, for one, am ready to see how this overall outstanding team plays with a more conventional QB--for better or worse.

Besides, I've got Rodgers on a bunch of fantasy teams already.

Green Bud Packer
07-02-2008, 05:16 PM
If Favre comes back all it does is make this team deeper.

woodbuck27
07-02-2008, 05:19 PM

YES for sure.

Where's Ted? Hes always, so on top with everything. :D

Joemailman
Brett really screwed this up. He should not have retired in March. He should have said he was coming back, which would keep his options open. He should have gone through his off-season training program and showed up for the mini-camp and OTA's. If he gets to training camp and decides he doesn't want to do it, no problem. He retires then, and Rodgers is ready to take over. It would be much easier on everyone involved to have Favre retire in July than to have him try to un-retire in July.

Lurker64
Dear Brett Favre,

Indecision is always the wrong decision.

-Lurk

packers11
07-02-2008, 05:21 PM
whats the big deal. training camp didn't start yet... he hasn't missed anything to important, I thinks blown way out of proportion...

at-least his consecutive game streak is still there :wink:

woodbuck27
07-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Brett really screwed this up. He should not have retired in March. He should have said he was coming back, which would keep his options open. He should have gone through his off-season training program and showed up for the mini-camp and OTA's. If he gets to training camp and decides he doesn't want to do it, no problem. He retires then, and Rodgers is ready to take over. It would be much easier on everyone involved to have Favre retire in July than to have him try to un-retire in July.

Brett's so shameful. He learned finally from Ted. :D

twoseven
07-02-2008, 05:22 PM
So I guess we should bump the (trade for) Jason Taylor string again. :lol:

texaspackerbacker
07-02-2008, 05:28 PM

YEAH! What he said!

Having him come back as a backup QB would be ideal, but fat chance that'll ever happen--and at $10 million for the season, it probably shouldn't.

packers11
07-02-2008, 05:29 PM
But an NFL source said Wednesday afternoon that Favre -- or Cook on his behalf -- actually contacted the Packers "within the past few weeks" about returning, and when the Packers made it clear that they have moved on, Favre asked for his release. The Packers refused.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/blogs/Packers/294432

uh-oh...

The Leaper
07-02-2008, 05:37 PM
As I've maintained all along...

Saying at your retirement presser that "I know I can still play" is a dead giveaway that you aren't really done. If you can still play, you play...unless you are a nutcase like Jim Brown or play for a dumbass franchise like Barry Sanders.

Favre did not give himself enough time to decompress from a whirlwind season, and he bailed way too soon. I called this from day one...and many gave me a ton of crap for it, but it was so obvious when his entire retirement week was one big "I don't know" or "I think" after each other. It was plainly obvious he hadn't made his mind up...which is why he bawled like a baby.

A man comfortable with his decision to retire would walk away happy and content in Favre's position...not sniffling and blubbering all over himself like Favre did in March.

packinpatland
07-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Scott Favre said he had dinner with his brother on Tuesday night and disputed ESPN's assertion that Favre's family has been "tugging" on him to play.
"I don't know how true that is. Sure, I'd like to see him play again. (But) I haven't told him anything," Scott Favre said. "He knows that we'd like to see him play. But that's up to him. I don't want him to play if he's not happy."

Cook downplayed Favre's desire to return to Mortensen, saying, "As far as I know, right now, Brett Favre is retired and until he tells me something different, that's what it is."

These are the only 'for sure' quotes we have to go on........all else is speculation.

The Leaper
07-02-2008, 05:42 PM

Just tell Favre he can only unretire if he brings Taylor to Green Bay with him.

Joemailman
07-02-2008, 05:44 PM

Perhaps I'm a little slow today, but I have no idea what your point is. :cnf:

Fosco33
07-02-2008, 05:51 PM

Draft is kinda screwed up if Brett comes back - or if he waited too long to decide.

I'm disappointed that he'd like to play again. In some ways it tarnishes the image and team dynamics. I don't know what I'd say if the Pack releases him and he plays for some NFC team... I guess I'd just be pissed - pissed at TT/M3 for running him out, pissed that we were lied to, pissed that we could have seen Brett play even one more time for the G&G...

woodbuck27
07-02-2008, 05:58 PM
As I've maintained all along...

Saying at your retirement presser that "I know I can still play" is a dead giveaway that you aren't really done. If you can still play, you play...unless you are a nutcase like Jim Brown or play for a dumbass franchise like Barry Sanders.

Favre did not give himself enough time to decompress from a whirlwind season, and he bailed way too soon. I called this from day one...and many gave me a ton of crap for it, but it was so obvious when his entire retirement week was one big "I don't know" or "I think" after each other. It was plainly obvious he hadn't made his mind up...which is why he bawled like a baby.

A man comfortable with his decision to retire would walk away happy and content in Favre's position...not sniffling and blubbering all over himself like Favre did in March.

Solid observation and analysis.

woodbuck27
07-02-2008, 06:02 PM

Draft is kinda screwed up if Brett comes back - or if he waited too long to decide.

I'm disappointed that he'd like to play again. In some ways it tarnishes the image and team dynamics. I don't know what I'd say if the Pack releases him and he plays for some NFC team... I guess I'd just be pissed - pissed at TT/M3 for running him out, pissed that we were lied to, pissed that we could have seen Brett play even one more time for the G&G...

'' In some ways it tarnishes the image and team dynamics. I don't know what I'd say if the Pack releases him and he plays for some NFC team... I guess I'd just be pissed - pissed at TT/M3 for running him out, pissed that we were lied to, pissed that we could have seen Brett play even one more time for the G&G...''

As a Packer fan I've llived with this sham for three years. It's been just too sad.

BallHawk
07-02-2008, 06:19 PM

Perhaps I'm a little slow today, but I have no idea what your point is. :cnf:

It's not you have the slow day, it's Woody.

:D

woodbuck27
07-02-2008, 06:21 PM

Favre wants to win 'a ring'. Same with Jason Taylor. What does that suggest to you?

It doesn't have anything to do with 'the Dolphins' and either Favre or Jason Taylor. Trade either Rodgers or one of the other young QB's that MM has been hyping... mmmm?... and a pick to Miami for Jason Taylor.

Favre comes back and with all the fan spirit here alone. We're ready to rock.

All kinds of CAP $ to boot, and ( just really maybe) this or next season we all win the Super Bowl.

Hey TT!! See it? mmmm? :D

The Shadow
07-02-2008, 06:24 PM

Favre wants to win 'a ring'. Same with Jason Taylor. What does that suggest to you?

It doesn't have anything to do with 'the Dolphins' and either Favre or Jason Taylor. Trade either Rodgers or one of the other young QB's that MM has been hyping... mmmm?... and a pick to Miami for Jason Taylor.

All kinds of CAP $ to boot, and ( just really maybe) this or next season we all win the Super Bowl.

Favre had THE golden opportunity to win the ring fall right into his lap last season and couldn't seal the deal.
Time to move on.

bobblehead
07-02-2008, 06:25 PM

ORRR....we could send Favre to miami for a pick and they could be together. I'm sure Parcells will treat both these drama queens exactly as they deserve.

Partial
07-02-2008, 07:09 PM

Asshole? Read interviews, watch his interview on Rome, read columns about him. The guy is far from an asshole.

You've heard from many people? Care to elaborate on who these people are?

Because no one has ever put on a smile in front of the cameras :roll:

I doubt he's a complete assbag, but I could see him being a cocky douche. He's an NFL quarterback, the cockiness kind of comes naturally.

Partial
07-02-2008, 07:13 PM
If Brett Favre wants to play, you let him play. He's Brett Favre. If I'm TT and I get a two year commitment from Favre in writing, I unload Rodgers and bank the future on Brohm.

This is somewhat predictable, especially after all the articles about profits down and revenue expected to take a big hit after Favre leaves. This goes above TTs head imo.

Packnut
07-02-2008, 07:15 PM
I don't know, I came to terms with him being gone and I've stated here several times he should stay retired- BUT

I know this as does any "intelligent" fan, The Green Bay Packers would be a better team this season with Brett Favre playing QB.

One way or the other just settle it soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pbmax
07-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Wrong thread, my apologies. Edited by pbmax.

RashanGary
07-02-2008, 07:16 PM
This goes above TTs head imo.

Where is your evidence?

Pacopete4
07-02-2008, 07:19 PM

Where is your evidence?

I think what he might be getting at is that the Packers need to have a strong couple of seasons here with the no cap situation coming up in a couple of seasons. They might need Favre here to fill the seats and to keep this organization on the ups so when the old CBA runs out, we're not left in the cold.

pbmax
07-02-2008, 07:21 PM

But Taylor doesn't want to play for Green Bay and he is going to need to rework his deal for a trade to be possible. So he essentially has trade veto.

RashanGary
07-02-2008, 07:22 PM
The Packers are much bigger than Brett Favre. The difference between the seats filled without Favre or with Favre ZERO and the difference in pro shop sales probably minimal as well.

Murphy has said he has nothing to do with football operations except to hire and fire the GM, Taht's about as clear as it gets.

Pacopete4
07-02-2008, 07:24 PM
I think only an ignorant man believes that.. the packers will, and always have, brought in more money with #4 there...

RashanGary
07-02-2008, 07:26 PM
I think only an ignorant man believes that.. the packers will, and always have, brought in more money with #4 there...

Most money (other than the proshop) are split between 32 teams so the Packers actual loss is minmal. They will not make a football decision based on money. The Packers organization is too healthy in every way to make that mistake. If Thompson believes having Favre is in the best interest of the Packers on the field over the long haul of the decision he'll be back. If not, he'll be gone.

vince
07-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Despite Brett's feeble attempts to quash this, there's fire behind the smoke. When Al Harris says he spoke with Brett and he said, "I got the itch" he'll be playing next year. The team has made moved on though.

I think TT will deal him to an AFC team like the Ravens for next year's first rounder. That would be a great deal to get a first rounder from what was nothing.

He is still, and always will be, a legendary Packer who will be loved by all Packer fans for his great career, regardless of what happens.

But I think the time is right for this team to write the next chapter. It will be a good one. Might as well get a bonus first rounder out of the deal if you can.

RashanGary
07-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Vince, if the Packers get anything better than a d3 for Favre, I will be very suprised. The Packers just do not have a lot of cards here by my estimation.

pbmax
07-02-2008, 07:31 PM
You cannot be effective in this league, certainly to your full potential, without being 100% committed.

Favre is tired of meetings, tired of minicamps and tired of watching film. Tired of the dedication to offseason conditioning. He has said so himself.

To me, this disqualifies him for being the starter coming into training camp. If he was Don Strock and knew he was going to be a backup? Then that would be different, but we all know that if he returns, he isn't going to compete with Rodgers.

I was astounded to read in Mortenson's column that McCarthy told Favre before the retirement that he could do it at 80-85% of the commitment of last year. That is not a championship level QB decision. The desire to do less, with the yearly Hamlet routine over his decision, speaks to me that this is not the same QB we saw for 17 years. I do not want a starter on the team that is less than 100% commited.

PackerTimer
07-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Brett supporter, but he really fucked this up. If he wants to come back and the Packers welcome him back, Aaron Rodgers will have to be moved. For months the team and Rodgers moved on, how do you ask him to step back for a year or two and wait again. Even if you do ask him, do you really expect him to be cool with it. How could you fault him for wanting to get his shot to lead a team. Then when Farve does finally decide to call it quits the guy you spent four years grooming as your eventual starter is gone and your back to square one probably picking up a rookie or some middle of the road vet. This whole situation is one big cluster fuck.

Rastak
07-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Despite Brett's feeble attempts to quash this, there's fire behind the smoke. When Al Harris says he spoke with Brett and he said, "I got the itch" he'll be playing next year. The team has made moved on though.

I think TT will deal him to an AFC team like the Ravens for next year's first rounder. That would be a great deal to get a first rounder from what was nothing.

He is still, and always will be, a legendary Packer who will be loved by all Packer fans for his great career, regardless of what happens.

But I think the time is right for this team to write the next chapter. It will be a good one. Might as well get a bonus first rounder out of the deal if you can.

You would have to be insane to deal a 1 for a 38yo qb.

pbmax
07-02-2008, 07:34 PM
They have cards because they have the cap room. The question is, would they use that card and put him on the roster and let him compete with Rodgers?

That would be an entertaining game of chicken.

Vince, if the Packers get anything better than a d3 for Favre, I will be very suprised. The Packers just do not have a lot of cards here by my estimation.

vince
07-02-2008, 07:37 PM
You might be right. They have some cards though...

The best case, IMO, would be to have two or more teams vying for his services, thereby upping the ante.

They could obviously take him back on the team - or at least that's a card for them to play.

They could shop Rodgers to other teams, but place such a high price tag that they fall back to moving Brett.

Speculation, but I see a team like the Ravens drooling over the prospects of having Favre for one or maybe two years to help groom Flacco and give him some time to grow into the NFL.

Rastak
07-02-2008, 07:38 PM
They have cards because they have the cap room. The question is, would they use that card and put him on the roster and let him compete with Rodgers?

That would be an entertaining game of chicken.

That's a likely scenario unless Favre doesn't want what he might percieve to be a sham competition. If that's the case it seems to me the team (players) would know who actually outplayed the other so I'd be surprised if that's the scenario that played out. You'd have to have an honest competition.

MJZiggy
07-02-2008, 07:39 PM
PB, I think that the 80-85% of what Favre put in last year is not less than total commitment. I think Favre burnt out because he never gave himself a moment off all season. He went from the showers to the film room on Sunday and maybe if he'd just let himself enjoy some of those wins, he wouldn't have been so burnt out to begin with.

That said, he's already missed a good chunk of FAVRE'S offseason conditioning. Remember, the last few years he didn't just stroll in for OTA's and go from there. He worked all offseason for his core conditioning, and now he's missed all that work.

Remember the Packers do have the option of activating him and then not doing anything with him, so the trade value is still there. Favre has also said that he wants the ring and not going to be willing to go to a team that's not a Super Bowl contender. He's also not going to want to go somewhere where he has to learn a new offense. He's said so on several occasions.

So what do the Packers do if he comes back, they trade off Rodgers as some suggested and then in August Favre realizes that he really did make the right decision in retiring? (I mean besides all of ESPN having a hernia)

vince
07-02-2008, 07:42 PM

This isn't any generic 38 yr. old qb Ras. You probably noticed that he plays a lot younger than that - while having the experience of his age.

No doubt the only way they get a 1 is if there were 2 or more teams in the running, or if the Packers could convince a team that there may be.

In any event, I'd try to move him.

Rastak
07-02-2008, 07:45 PM

This isn't any generic 38 yr. old qb Ras. You probably noticed that he plays a lot younger than that - while having the experience of his age.

No doubt the only way they get a 1 is if there were 2 or more teams in the running, or if the Packers could convince a team that there may be.

In any event, I'd try to move him.

Yea, I'd try too. And the dude was amazing the first half of last year. My hat was of to him, he was outstanding before sliding back just a bit. As Zig pointed out, not sure how he's been conditioning himself. Training camp these days isn't the time to start getting in shape. In addition, I would imagine Arod has worked his ass off to sieze the opportunity. Brohm was a great pick and he really should feel a small bit of pressure (Arod that is)

MJZiggy
07-02-2008, 07:47 PM
You being the strong, silent type Ras?

Rastak
07-02-2008, 07:48 PM
You being the strong, silent type Ras?

F'd up with the quote.....strong, but not all that silent.... :)

Rastak
07-02-2008, 07:51 PM
The latest from the Minneapolis Star Tribune:

GREEN BAY, Wis. — Brett Favre dismissed an ESPN report that he's considering coming out of retirement as "all rumor."

Favre responded Wednesday to the ESPN report by telling his hometown newspaper Web site, SunHerald.com in Gulfport, Miss., that "it's all rumor."

The paper reported that Favre sent a text message saying there's "no reason" for a media frenzy.

ESPN reported that an unidentified Packers source said the 38-year-old Favre told coach Mike McCarthy in the past two weeks that he has the itch to play.

"The Packers have no reaction," team spokesman Jeff Blumb told The Associated Press.

Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, didn't return a message seeking comment. Packers general manager Ted Thompson and McCarthy were on vacation.

Favre retired March 6 after a 17-year career.

Cornerback Al Harris said on ESPN's "NFL Live" that Favre made similar comments to him.

"I know he has the itch to come back and play," Harris said. "If he will or not, I don't know."

The Packers plan to use Aaron Rodgers as their starting quarterback for the upcoming season, and he's been leading the team through organized team activities and minicamp.

Rodgers has been groomed to take over for Favre since being selected in the first round in 2005, but has played sparingly.

"Aaron is our quarterback," Harris said. "Brett's retired. But if he wanted to come back, there would be some guys who wouldn't mind it. I would welcome him back with open arms."

Favre has two years left on his contract at an average of about $12.5 million per season. The Packers placed him on the reserve-retired list in the spring so his salary does not now count toward the cap.

Favre's commitment to retirement has been questioned since his announcement. That talk resumed in mid-June when Favre withdrew from the American Century Celebrity Golf Championship at Lake Tahoe, scheduled for July 11-13.

Tournament spokesman Steve Griffith said then that Favre had to miss the event because of a scheduling conflict.

When he retired, a teary Favre said, "I've given everything I possibly could give to this organization, the game of football, and I don't think I've got anything left to give And that's it. I know I can play. But I don't think I want to."

But less than two months later, he told reporters he might be open to returning if Rodgers was injured.

Favre, a three-time MVP, leads the league with 442 touchdown passes, 61,655 yards passing and 160 career victories. He started 253 consecutive regular-season games, more than any other quarterback in history. Including the playoffs, his streak stands at 275.

Rodgers, meanwhile, has stirred up controversy himself this week. In a Sports Illustrated article, the quarterback said he didn't feel pressure to connect with fans the way Favre did.

"I don't feel I need to sell myself to the fans," he said in the article. "They need to get on board now or keep their mouths shut."

Partial
07-02-2008, 07:51 PM

Where is your evidence?

No evidence. I'm saying if Favre wants to come back, will the man managing the money say no? Would Harlan? You'd be a fool to turn down that sorta revenue!

falco
07-02-2008, 08:01 PM
where there's smoke theres fire

Rastak
07-02-2008, 08:02 PM
From ESPN Blog:

Reading between the Favre retirement lines

July 2, 2008 7:50 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

The Brett Favre comeback talk sent me back through his March retirement press conference for context. Favre pointed directly to the "in-season" strain the job was putting on him and his family. He said lots of players would continue playing if they could just show up on Sundays. It was the other things -- minicamps, training camp, meetings, living up to the legend of Brett Favre -- that wore on him. Those stresses and strains are gone now that we're into July and Favre has had time to clear his mind.

"I've given everything I possibly can give to this organization, to the game of football, and I don't think I've got anything left to give, and that's it," Favre said in March.

Did Favre have nothing left to give at that moment, after a long season? Or did he have nothing left to give, ever? He probably did not know the answer to that question in March, but he's an emotional guy, not a calculating one. The news conference had the feel of Favre telling us how he felt at that time. He probably feels differently now.

"I know I can play, but I don't think I want to," Favre said. "And that's really what it comes down to. Fishing for different answers and what-ifs and will he come back and things like that, what matters is, it's been a great career for me, and it's over."

Favre spoke of not being able to give 100 percent any longer. He spoke of growing weary of the expectations that came with being Brett Favre, all-time great.

"I don't think it would get easier next year or the following year," Favre said. "It hasn't up to this point. It's only gotten tougher and something told me, it's gotten too hard for you. I could probably come back and do it, suck it up, but what kind of a toll would that take on me, my family or my teammates? At some point, it would affect one of those, if not all of them. Maybe it has already, I don't know. I can't speak for my teammates, but maybe it's affected my play.

"If I even question for a second that toll that it takes has affected at least one play, then it's time to leave. You can't second-guess any decision you make on the field or wonder, did the pressure or stress get to you? I think if you're starting to question that at all, then it's probably time to go."

Those in-season strains Favre spoke about will persist if Favre decides to scratch the "itch" to come back for an 18th season. They don't feel so bad in July.

Bretsky
07-02-2008, 08:02 PM

Jason Wilde reported that a very good NFL source told thim that Cook and Favre went to the Packers 2 weeks ago and wanted to come back. The Packers said no . He then went to Mortenson to leak the story to heighten the awareness and force the Packers hand.

If this occured I'm fine with that. If Favre wants to play he should be allowed to, whether it be for Green Bay or another team. If our GM does not want him........trade him or release him. Simple conecept :idea:

Pacopete4
07-02-2008, 08:14 PM
[/quote]If this occured I'm fine with that. If Favre wants to play he should be allowed to, whether it be for Green Bay or another team. If our GM does not want him........trade him or release him. Simple conecept :idea:[/quote]

Ya I agree.. it will tear my heart out if he plays on another team.. absolutely kill me but if that's what is going to make him happy... then, I'll be happy for him but I would love to see #4 run outta that tunnel a few more times because he still has some stuff left in the basement!

Bretsky
07-02-2008, 08:16 PM
If this occured I'm fine with that. If Favre wants to play he should be allowed to, whether it be for Green Bay or another team. If our GM does not want him........trade him or release him. Simple conecept :idea:[/quote]

Ya I agree.. it will tear my heart out if he plays on another team.. absolutely kill me but if that's what is going to make him happy... then, I'll be happy for him but I would love to see #4 run outta that tunnel a few more times because he still has some stuff left in the basement![/quote]

Me too; but I don't think our GM wants him and if that's the case and he wants to play I hope we grant his wishes

packinpatland
07-02-2008, 08:18 PM
ENOUGH!!!!!!

http://www.sunherald.com/newsupdates/story/663221.html
Favre's response to report: 'It's all rumor'

Retired quarterback Brett Favre responded quickly to an ESPN report about a possible return to play for the Green Bay Packers by saying, "It's all rumor."

When queried about a possible media firestorm, Favre text messaged, "No reason for it."

Earlier today, ESPN reported a Green Bay Packers source said the 38-year-old Kiln native told coach Mike McCarthy that Favre has the itch to play again.

Favre announced his retirement on March 6 after his 17-year NFL career.

RashanGary
07-02-2008, 08:18 PM
The only good thing about this is that it takes the heat of Rodgers dumb comments. Hopefully it all just sort of disappears and by the time people bring it back up, he'll be tossing TD passes in the preseason and people will be focused on the game.

Gunakor
07-02-2008, 08:21 PM

Jason Wilde reported that a very good NFL source told thim that Cook and Favre went to the Packers 2 weeks ago and wanted to come back. The Packers said no . He then went to Mortenson to leak the story to heighten the awareness and force the Packers hand.

If this occured I'm fine with that. If Favre wants to play he should be allowed to, whether it be for Green Bay or another team. If our GM does not want him........trade him or release him. Simple conecept :idea:

I'm not sure how much value we'd get for a QB nearly 40 years old in a trade. And you can't just release him outright, because next thing you know he's signing with the Vikings and kicking our ass twice this year. Including the game where his name and number are put into the ring of honor at Lambeau. God I'd hate to see that...

OTA's and MC, the draft, hundreds of hours of scouting and planning, all assuming Rodgers to be the starting QB - i.e. the beginning of the future of the franchise. Now Favre wants to come back, but in doing so he'd set the franchise back beyond the one more year he'll play for us. It's not fair to Ted Thompson. It's not fair to Aaron Rodgers. Can't move him to another team, because that's not really fair to the Green Bay Packers should they have to face each other at some point in during the season or playoffs. It's not fair to the fans who paid a fortune for tickets to be a part of franchise history on MNF against the Vikings. I really hate Favre for this. He should not have done it.

GBRulz
07-02-2008, 08:26 PM
It's not fair to the fans who paid a fortune for tickets to be a part of franchise history on MNF against the Vikings. I really hate Favre for this. He should not have done it.

Chill out, it's just another dumb rumor. and don't blame Favre because season ticket holders are selling out and ripping off the real fans.

Deputy Nutz
07-02-2008, 08:27 PM

'' In some ways it tarnishes the image and team dynamics. I don't know what I'd say if the Pack releases him and he plays for some NFC team... I guess I'd just be pissed - pissed at TT/M3 for running him out, pissed that we were lied to, pissed that we could have seen Brett play even one more time for the G&G...''

As a Packer fan I've llived with this sham for three years. It's been just too sad.

Honestly Woody has a point. I just sort of feel that the Packers have tried to prepare for this, and they have kind of gone on the offensive using Rodgers as their poster boy, sending him out to do interviews, and of course he will be asked about Brett Favre and he will just say, "Hey I am Aaron Rodgers, and I am the qb of the Packers." The more Rodgers interviews the more people on this forum seem to feel comfortable with him as the leader of the Pack. And thats great lets not bash Rodgers here, but the Packers in their current state want to protect themselves, so they put a front up that they are better off without Favre. Really? Better off without Favre?

Bretsky
07-02-2008, 08:28 PM

I'm not sure how much value we'd get for a QB nearly 40 years old in a trade. And you can't just release him outright, because next thing you know he's signing with the Vikings and kicking our ass twice this year. Including the game where his name and number are put into the ring of honor at Lambeau. God I'd hate to see that...

OTA's and MC, the draft, hundreds of hours of scouting and planning, all assuming Rodgers to be the starting QB - i.e. the beginning of the future of the franchise. Now Favre wants to come back, but in doing so he'd set the franchise back beyond the one more year he'll play for us. It's not fair to Ted Thompson. It's not fair to Aaron Rodgers. Can't move him to another team, because that's not really fair to the Green Bay Packers should they have to face each other at some point in during the season or playoffs. It's not fair to the fans who paid a fortune for tickets to be a part of franchise history on MNF against the Vikings. I really hate Favre for this. He should not have done it.

Gosh I'm not sure I agree with much of this. In all likelyhood as asll you'd get is a 3rd - 4th round pick ; it would not surprised me if Favre made the decision before he was ready to appease the pressure to make a call. A wrong move....but if that was the case I can hardly blame him for having second thoughts. Fair to TT ? If TT does not want him he can trade him, or he can take him back. I don't think it sets the franchise back; but if TT feels that way again he can move him. If you were a Packer fan...buying tix to the Viking game or not....you had to know this was possible.

Partial
07-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Of course he's going to say its a rumor. When does anything like this become publicly acknowledged this early? Brett will keep quiet (for now) out of respect and let the media do his talking for him until he absolutely needs to. The Packers are going to keep quiet because who the heck wants to be the person telling Favre no, that he can't play on the Packers.

If I'm TT and got a shot at Favre, I'm playing for this year. The supporting cast is ready and we all know that they have a better shot with Favre than without. Playing for next year is what keeps you out of the playoffs for 20 or so years. Take the Brewers for example.

Bretsky
07-02-2008, 08:30 PM
The only good thing about this is that it takes the heat of Rodgers dumb comments. Hopefully it all just sort of disappears and by the time people bring it back up, he'll be tossing TD passes in the preseason and people will be focused on the game.

Very true; it deflated AROD's comments; I'd like to see Favre play again. Ideally for me that's in GB but I'm at peace with him moving to another team as well.

GBRulz
07-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Favre can't play for us.... he's on the Madden cover !!!

GBRulz
07-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Question for you guys.... if Favre ends up with another team, let's say AFC and we meet in the SB...who do you root for?

For me, I'd still cheer on the Pack, of course but I wouldn't be too upset if we lost and Favre got to ride into retirement with another ring.

MJZiggy
07-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Of course he's going to say its a rumor. When does anything like this become publicly acknowledged this early? Brett will keep quiet (for now) out of respect and let the media do his talking for him until he absolutely needs to. The Packers are going to keep quiet because who the heck wants to be the person telling Favre no, that he can't play on the Packers.

If I'm TT and got a shot at Favre, I'm playing for this year. The supporting cast is ready and we all know that they have a better shot with Favre than without. Playing for next year is what keeps you out of the playoffs for 20 or so years. Take the Brewers for example.

When's the last time you recall Favre deliberately lying to the Sun Herald about anything?

Partial
07-02-2008, 08:52 PM

When's the last time you recall Favre deliberately lying to the Sun Herald about anything?

I'm not saying that he's lying. He's being short spoken. As of now, its only a rumor that he is coming back

woodbuck27
07-02-2008, 08:58 PM

This isn't complicated for TT and only will be if he gets his feet stuck in his mud.

I'd be very surprized if Favre is releaed. TT's a bean counter and that would certainly reflect poorly on him as a GM of sense. I'd be surprised if Favre pushed for a trade or if TT traded his rights to play elsewhere.

It has seemed obvious to me that TT's management style and approach doesn't reflect a man that just loved Brett Favre around. ie Randy Moss and Ted sleeping on that one that just slipped away, after a low ball cursory offer to Oakland. TT was done with Favre when he arrived and his actions NOT, and agenda as our GM frustrated Brett Favre, certainly at times it had to.

So what's left? **

I see 'a win-win', yet that trumped by 'a bean counter'. It's 'a circle jerk'. :)

** Sept. 08, 2008 and Favre's retirement in Green Bay...MNF.Real tears for some of us. Let's take pride in us.

PACKERS FOREVER.

woodbuck27
07-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Question for you guys.... if Favre ends up with another team, let's say AFC and we meet in the SB...who do you root for?

For me, I'd still cheer on the Pack, of course but I wouldn't be too upset if we lost and Favre got to ride into retirement with another ring.

A lovely Lady. :D

BallHawk
07-02-2008, 09:04 PM
It has seemed obvious to me that TT's management style and approach doesn't reflect a man that just loved Brett Favre around. ie Randy Moss and Ted sleeping on that one that just slipped away, after a low ball cursory offer to Oakland.

You mean the "low ball offer" that Oakland was going to accept until the Patriots jumped in at the last minute?

Face it, Woody, TT didn't have a secret desire to get rid of Favre. A-Rod was his boy and TT wanted him to do well as the Packers QB, but he wasn't going to run off one of the top 5 QBs of all time for an unproven kid from Cal.

Bretsky
07-02-2008, 09:05 PM

W/O question I'd cheer for the Pack

Partial
07-02-2008, 09:05 PM
If you were GM, do you take him back?

Do you piss A-Rod off and make him sit? What if they think A-Rod is better than Favre? These are questions I'd like answered.

Also, what if the Vets who know they maybe have one shot to win want him back? Do you split up the locker room? Al said he'd welcome him back with open arms, and in the segment certainly seemed like he'd love to have him back, and with his statement of "as a leader of this team, i'd welcome him back with open arms" should say a lot.

Green Bud Packer
07-02-2008, 09:07 PM
It's not fair to the fans who paid a fortune for tickets to be a part of franchise history on MNF against the Vikings. I really hate Favre for this. He should not have done it.

Chill out, it's just another dumb rumor. and don't blame Favre because season ticket holders are selling out and ripping off the real fans.

Those who sell their Packer tickets for profit are nothing more than whores in my book.

Let the true fans enjoy the games.

woodbuck27
It has seemed obvious to me that TT's management style and approach doesn't reflect a man that just loved Brett Favre around. ie Randy Moss and Ted sleeping on that one that just slipped away, after a low ball cursory offer to Oakland.

You mean the "low ball offer" that Oakland was going to accept until the Patriots jumped in at the last minute?

Face it, Woody, TT didn't have a secret desire to get rid of Favre. A-Rod was his boy and TT wanted him to do well as the Packers QB, but he wasn't going to run off one of the top 5 QBs of all time for an unproven kid from Cal.

I respect your stance BallHawk and it's merits.

Bretsky

Do you piss A-Rod off and make him sit? What if they think A-Rod is better than Favre? These are questions I'd like answered.

If they think Favre is better than AROD and can lead them to a title you take him back; if they think AROD is better then Favre you trade him to the AFC. Me ? I welcome Favre back and trade for Jason Taylor :!:

Green Bud Packer
07-02-2008, 09:10 PM
My arms are open. :bow:

PackerTimer
07-02-2008, 09:14 PM

If they think Favre is better than AROD and can lead them to a title you take him back; if they think AROD is better then Favre you trade him to the AFC. Me ? I welcome Favre back and trade for Jason Taylor :!:

If you welcome Favre back, I think AROD might have to be moved. I don't see him wanting to come back to ride the pine for another year, maybe two, and why would he. I wouldn't want to sit for four or five years.

woodbuck27
07-02-2008, 09:21 PM

It's just too simple for some. I've seen that all day. What a boost and sensable move for 'a winner'.

Thinkers/ logical Vs Feeler/emotional types. Difficult. :D

MJZiggy
07-02-2008, 09:29 PM

If you welcome Favre back, I think AROD might have to be moved. I don't see him wanting to come back to ride the pine for another year, maybe two, and why would he. I wouldn't want to sit for four or five years.

You move ARod and Favre tears a knee up in the season opener (it's called a hypothetical people). Now you have no Favre and no A-Rod. Now what do you do?

Bretsky
07-02-2008, 09:30 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8060e4f6&campaign=ec0009

Partial
07-02-2008, 09:33 PM

You move ARod and Favre tears a knee up in the season opener (it's called a hypothetical people). Now you have no Favre and no A-Rod. Now what do you do?

How's that any different than where they are now, though? If anything, they're in safer hands with Favre behind center.

MJZiggy
07-02-2008, 09:35 PM
It's different because now if they had to, they could invite Favre back, but they can't do that if he has a torn up knee and A-Rod's playing for another team.

Bretsky
07-02-2008, 09:39 PM

If fear of injury governs the decision, I'd be much more afraid AROD gets injured or tears something.

The injury if is the least of the factors IMO

Bretsky
07-02-2008, 09:40 PM
It's different because now if they had to, they could invite Favre back, but they can't do that if he has a torn up knee and A-Rod's playing for another team.

AROD is under contract; only way you trade him is if you get great value. And if by chance you do TT would get a vet in here.

ND72
07-02-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm gonna say it now, #4 will be in Lambeau next season, and every season after, since they'll be retiring his number game #1 vs. Minnesota.

MJZiggy
I'm saying if you move your most qualified backup because Favre comes back, then you don't have your backup. I'm not saying it has a bearing on what to do with Favre, but just because his old bones haven't snapped in 17 years, doesn't mean they won't in the 18th. He damn near broke his streak over a funny bone injury remember.

Scott Campbell
.........but the Packers in their current state want to protect themselves, so they put a front up that they are better off without Favre. Really? Better off without Favre?

Better off without a 28 year old Favre. No way in hell. Better off without a 38 year old Favre isn't nearly as far fetched.

Scott Campbell
07-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Gosh I'm not sure I agree with much of this. In all likelyhood as asll you'd get is a 3rd - 4th round pick

Of course you're right. Even Al Davis isn't bewildered enough to cough up a 1st for Brett.

Bretsky
07-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Gosh I'm not sure I agree with much of this. In all likelyhood as asll you'd get is a 3rd - 4th round pick

Of course you're right. Even Al Davis isn't bewildered enough to cough up a 1st for Brett.

Heck, I have no clue if I'm right. The 49ers, I think, got a 1st for Montana in his latter years from KC...but he was committed to playing longer. I could see a team giving up a 3rd or 4th......but that's just me. If I was a team such as Baltimore/Minnesota......I'd throw a 4th at GB w/o hesitation.

The Leaper
07-02-2008, 09:47 PM

Yes. You would be a dumbass not to.

The guy took a wide eyed, inexperienced bunch on offense and almost willed them to the Super Bowl. With the added experience, Favre's leadership on this offense would make the offense one of the top 5 units in the NFL without question.

However, I would have a real heart to heart with Brett. It is obvious that Brett wore down during the season last year...a trend that has been growing more noticeable in recent years. I think Rodgers has to be a part of the equation this year if Favre returned. I think he proved that he could be counted on last year...and his mobility is an added element that makes life even more difficult for our opponents. Most importantly though, Rodgers is needed to keep Favre fresh...because he simply can't be counted on to last for 17 or 18 games at full strength if he's taking every snap.

There is no way they can think Rodgers is better than Favre...he has no experience as a starter and has never dealt with expectations at this level. That doesn't mean Rodgers should be a statue on the sidelines as a #2.

I can't see many of the veterans wishing Favre would stay away. They want a RING...and every single one of them knows they stand a better chance of getting one in 2008 with Brett Favre under center than with Aaron Rodgers under center.

What about this scenario...

Having both Favre and Rodgers on the roster...but changing up who plays from game to game. Keep the defenses guessing as to which guy they will be facing from week to week. This allows Favre to get some of the needed downtime he seems to require...rather than immediately jumping into film sessions Sunday night, he would have a few extra bye weeks where he can recharge and stay fresh for the playoffs. It gives Rodgers the chance to be a starting QB...even if it is only in a rotation.

Makes sense to me...certainly a rare situation in terms of the NFL, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

The Shadow
07-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Personally, I'm looking forward to watching a young, talented quarterback with upside lead the Packers in the years ahead.

Bretsky
07-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Personally, I'm looking forward to watching a young, talented quarterback with upside lead the Packers in the years ahead.

Throws drink in Shadow's face for trying to spoil the coming out party :wink:

I look forward to that to.....sometime down the road

Packnut
07-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Rodgers is under contract so no need to move him. Look, he understands it's a business. All I know is the Packers are ready to win a SB right freakin now. The pieces are in place. If Favre commits then let's settle it and move on. We have a season to prepare for...........

Bretsky
07-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Rodgers is under contract so no need to move him. Look, he understands it's a business. All I know is the Packers are ready to win a SB right freakin now. The pieces are in place. If Favre commits then let's settle it and move on. We have a season to prepare for...........

I know this sounds good and all; and I agree. But I'd like to give you one reality check and remind you

TT does not want Favre back IMO

The Shadow
07-02-2008, 09:58 PM

The pieces in place? The golden opportunity surprisingly fell right into the Packers' laps LAST season.
The Giants at home??
They controlled their own destiny. That chance doesn't come by often.

The Leaper
07-02-2008, 10:02 PM
The golden opportunity surprisingly fell right into the Packers' laps LAST season.

What are you saying? Last year was a fluke that we shouldn't expect to happen again?

I guess the Patriots just get lucky every year.

Merlin
07-02-2008, 10:05 PM
The Patriots have the ultimate system QB, they just keep plugging in pieces with hard working football players. Last year was the first year I think they really went out and got any brand name talent to make a statement. I think ultimately that will come back to bite them in the ass. They used to get rid of players that demanded x,y, & z. Now with Moss, seemingly they embrace them if they put up the right numbers.

The Shadow
07-02-2008, 10:07 PM
The golden opportunity surprisingly fell right into the Packers' laps LAST season.

What are you saying? Last year was a fluke that we shouldn't expect to happen again?

I guess the Patriots just get lucky every year.

Not exactly. A solid team/coaching + Tom Brady MAKE their own luck; take advantage of the opportunity.

The Leaper
07-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Not exactly. A solid team/coaching + Tom Brady MAKE their own luck; take advantage of the opportunity.

So what is a solid team/coaching + Brett Favre? Chopped liver?

ND72
07-02-2008, 10:11 PM

You don't have to move Rodgers, cause Favre isn't coming back.

Gunakor
07-02-2008, 10:15 PM

Heck, I have no clue if I'm right. The 49ers, I think, got a 1st for Montana in his latter years from KC...but he was committed to playing longer. I could see a team giving up a 3rd or 4th......but that's just me. If I was a team such as Baltimore/Minnesota......I'd throw a 4th at GB w/o hesitation.

Oh hell yes if I'm the Queens I throw a 3rd at TT for Favre. The Queens offense would be SCARY good with Favre under center. Question is, if you were TT, would you take a 3rd (or any offer for that matter) from Minnesota for Favre? I don't think I could trade him to a divison rival at any price. I don't think I could stand watching Favre run out of the visitors tunnel at Lambeau wearing purple...

The Shadow
07-02-2008, 10:22 PM

So what is a solid team/coaching + Brett Favre? Chopped liver?

No, not at all.
I believe you observed it last season.

Bretsky
07-02-2008, 10:22 PM

Oh hell yes if I'm the Queens I throw a 3rd at TT for Favre. The Queens offense would be SCARY good with Favre under center. Question is, if you were TT, would you take a 3rd (or any offer for that matter) from Minnesota for Favre? I don't think I could trade him to a divison rival at any price. I don't think I could stand watching Favre run out of the visitors tunnel at Lambeau wearing purple...

I'd have a hard time with that too and I think TT would as well.

Basically if Favre wants to return he will need to write a letter to the Packers requesting his reinstatement..so to speak. At that point it's in TT's hands when he gets that.

If TT tries to make things hard Favre could come out with an interview with ESPN or FOX and that could get very nasty so I'd think if he wants to play TT either reluctantly let him come back or trade him fast.

PackerTimer
07-02-2008, 10:29 PM

This is my point. But say Favre makes it through the season but the Packers lose in the playoffs again. Then he finally decides the time has come and retires. Now you're back to square one becuase you had to give up the guy you spent the last three years grooming. Let's not forget everything we've seen out of Rodgers for the last year going back to last preseason, the Dallas game, and the reports from minicamps have been very favorable. I know it's limited but it's starting to look like the pick and time invested him might pay off. Do we just let that go becuase Favre has the itch to play again.

Somebody said it earlier. He has the itch, but how committed is he to attending meetings, etc, etc, etc. What if we get two months in and he decides he doesn't have the itch. He would never quit on a team in the middle of a season but he might decide this is it and then afer this year we could be screwed.

GBRulz
07-02-2008, 10:29 PM

LOL - Aaron can't get through a game without being injured and you're talking about Favre getting hurt?? I can see what you're saying though, but we've been through this before. Hass, for example. None of us wanted to see him leave just in case Favre went down.

Freak Out
07-02-2008, 10:32 PM
What the fuck? Has he said "I want back in" or is this all BS for the googleplexfuck time? Without reading all the intellectual gab in these all these "return of Favre" threads I would tend to believe its BS but whats the bottom line here?

MJZiggy
07-02-2008, 10:55 PM
googleplexfuck time. Interesting word, by the way.

Bretsky
07-02-2008, 10:55 PM
What the fuck? Has he said "I want back in" or is this all BS for the googleplexfuck time? Without reading all the intellectual gab in these all these "return of Favre" threads I would tend to believe its BS but whats the bottom line here?

An NFL source told the State Journal on Wednesday afternoon that Favre — or agent James "Bus" Cook on his behalf — contacted the Packers "within the past few weeks" about returning, and the conversation ended in him asking the club for his release. The Packers refused.

ESPN had reported earlier in the day that Favre has an "itch" to come out of retirement and report to training camp with the Packers, citing sources "close to the team and player." The report was from Chris Mortensen, who is close to Favre and Cook. Mortensen was the one who received a voicemail from Favre after his decision to retire became public March

CaptainKickass
07-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Arod wants a ring too.

If I'm a 3 yr vet - i ride the pine behind Favre for that reason alone.

Favre comes back if he says he wants to. Wisconsin would lynch anyone who stood in the way of that.

Wouldn't it be enormously hilarious if this whole thing was a charade - planned at the end of last season? And the entire football world is eating it up and swallowing it hook line and sinker. It would be marketing genius - and the NFL has the money to buy genius. It's really a conspiracy theory for sure. I can hear all the continuing headlines now:

"The Iron Man VS The Madden curse"
"Win one for the Grand Favre"
"The Gunslingers Last Stand"
"The legend returns to Lambeau"

I laugh just thinking about the advertising revenue being generated since the story "broke".

The Captain

FritzDontBlitz
07-03-2008, 02:08 AM
Dammit, I KNEW this crap was going to happen.

I'm not saying I knew he was coming back. I'm saying I knew the itch was gonna start pulling at him again. I never understood why he didn't just announce 2008 as his last year. Give it one more shot with the up and coming team then hand it off to A-Rod if they didn't get to the big dance.

I have peeked around a few times since the NFC Championship loss, but I wasn't gonna post at all until training camp was officially underway. But, dammit, I was lying in bed trying to catch White Sox highlights and I heard two sports figures on the Chicago sports affiliate talking about all the cap room the Bears had and how they would be crazy not to go after Brett if the rumors were true and he ended up a free agent.

I don't think I could live through the agony of watching Brett wearing navy blue and orange while carving up the Green. This crap better not come to pass.

twoseven
07-03-2008, 04:40 AM
I'm hoping Favre and his camp did indeed throw the Pack a bone, were denied without possibility for trade or release, and now will ease right back into retirement for good. I don't see any good coming out of him being back for anybody unless GB is in the SB next year, regardless of who's at the QB spot. Favre's back in GB and they don't get to the SB, how likely is Rodgers to sign with the pack when he's a FA? His 'fans should get on board or shut their mouth' comment should be an indicator that he is indeed at least frustrated with the last how many ever years of waiting for his chance. I could see him wanting out of GB for good if Brett is back in GB. Trade Arod? What then if Arod goes on to to be a talented QB elsewhere and Brett does not get us to the SB? Brohm then would be under tons of pressure to make up for the mistake of dealing Arod. Arod if dealt would have to fall on his ass and/or Brett would have to get us into the SB now, or TT's looking silly. No thanks.

No way he is released outright. What the would that do, other than run you the risk of having Brett eventually doing something elsewhere to impede GB's progress towards their ultimate goal, or simply making TT look foolish if AR doesn't produce a playoff run of his own while Brett is somehwere else. Too many fans equate Brett back in GB with as good a chance to make the SB as any. Traded? I don't see how that happens either, even for a high round pick. This forum is full of above average intelligent GB fans that could see the logic of dealing Brett. There are far more out there that would have a real shit fit if they perceive we could have had another shot at 13-3 but chose to trade Brett away (or release him). This would also put even more pressure on the organaization and AR to produce now with 'we had a shot at 13-3 again with Brett, but turned it down' attitudes. No room to platoon these guys, AR would probably rather be dealt that deal with that, and with his own cotract about to expire that's no good. For all the great moves TT has made, they might all be for naught if he is the guy that made the wrong decision with how to handle Favre wanting to come back. The simplest ending, and what I am hoping for, is that TT doesn't have to make any decisions at all as Brett has retired and is staying retired.

I just don't see any good coming from a Favre comeback, unless we are in the SB either with him or without him in 08' or 09'. Only way him being elsewhere works for us is if he falls flat on his ass on another team, and how many of us want to see that? Not me. We at this point are best off if Brett stays away, in my opinion. Way too many what-ifs just waiting to explode in GB's face if Brett does indeed insist on coming back.

MJZiggy
07-03-2008, 06:14 AM
Good summation, twoseven.

cpk1994
07-03-2008, 06:32 AM

Oh hell yes if I'm the Queens I throw a 3rd at TT for Favre. The Queens offense would be SCARY good with Favre under center. Question is, if you were TT, would you take a 3rd (or any offer for that matter) from Minnesota for Favre? I don't think I could trade him to a divison rival at any price. I don't think I could stand watching Favre run out of the visitors tunnel at Lambeau wearing purple...TT trading Favre to Minnesota WILL NOT happen. Even Mike Sherman wouldn't dumb to make that move. If TT trades him to Minnesota he would beasically have to turn in the keys to his office and say "I quit", becuase he will have ade the dumbest move ever made by a GM.

3irty1
07-03-2008, 07:26 AM
Is it wrong of me to hope that A-Rod falls down the stairs this weekend?

mraynrand
07-03-2008, 07:39 AM

Why would you want our backup QB to get hurt?

3irty1
07-03-2008, 07:47 AM

Why would you want our backup QB to get hurt?

Well first of all I'm not convinced he won't demand a trade because I would. But mostly it makes Favre from being a crazy old man and a flip-flopper into a super hero for coming back.

Plus I personally believe that Brian Brohm is the future. Mike Martz has his Kurt Warner, Belichick has his Tom Brady, McCarthy has Brian Brohm.

packers11
07-03-2008, 08:21 AM
The Green Bay Press Gazette confirms through multiple sources that Brett Favre has indeed contacted the Packers, and that his relationship with GM Ted Thompson partly led to his retirement.

There is no doubt Favre talked to McCarthy about coming back two weeks ago, despite Favre's claims to the contrary. It's also clear through Favre's family and this report that Thompson doesn't want Favre back. The Gazette says Favre would have "un-retired" as early as May if Thompson had asked him back, but that didn't happen. Thompson reportedly isn't returning Favre's agents calls. This is all a little childish on both sides, but Favre can force Thompson's hand by being definitive about his plans. It's debatable whether he'll be willing to do so.

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

Appearing on Milwaukee TV stations late Wednesday, Brett Favre's family members said Favre is staying in shape but indicated he no longer feels wanted by Packers GM Ted Thompson.

Scott Favre put his brother's chances of returning at 50-50. "We know he can still play, he's healthy, so, if he did, it wouldn't surprise me." Favre's mother, Bonita, says her son hasn't felt wanted by Thompson "for the last couple of years." Favre never formally filed for retirement. The Packers must keep, release, or trade Favre if he requests to be taken off the reserve/retired list.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Deputy Nutz
07-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Until Thompson traded or released Brett Favre, Brett should have no reason to feel Ted Thompson didn't want Bett Favre. Thompson still payed Favre. Hired a coach in McCarthy that wanted to work with Favre. McCarthy even tried several times to convience Favre to comeback. immature reason to retire.

Sparkey
07-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Dealing with Favre is like dealing with a 8 year old. Thompson believes he has a capable replacement for Favre in Aaron Rodgers so why the hell would he beg or ask Favre to continue playing ?

For cripes sake, Favre is what ... 38 years old? Why the hell should the Packers beg and plead for him to stay ? Is he that fricken insecure about his abilities.

If I were Thompson I would make him jump through all the hoops just to unretire, but I would not let him step foot on the practice field. For all the great that Favre has accomplished as a Packer, this attention mongering ego of his is not needed.

The Packers need to move on with Rodgers and if Rodgers is not the guy then Brohm is next in line.

packers11
07-03-2008, 08:37 AM
I think when you go from Sherman to T.T. its a big difference. Sherman viewed Favre as the fans did, and he idolized Favre. He never got in Favre's way as a G.M. or coach and let him be a wild stallion. T.T. views Favre as an asset and I would find it hard to believe he would try to convince any player to stay because thats the way Ted is.

Now. If T.T. didn't want Favre back then I think there is a bigger issue. This could get interesting within the next few weeks...

I was always wondering why I had a recurring dream about the Monday Night game this year but Favre was at the helm (could never figure it out if it was a sign or just denial) :lol:

packers11
07-03-2008, 08:38 AM
If I were Thompson I would make him jump through all the hoops just to unretire, but I would not let him step foot on the practice field. For all the great that Favre has accomplished as a Packer, this attention mongering ego of his is not needed.

Of course its not needed, but I doubt T.T. wants to go down as the G.M. who wouldn't let one of the best ever come back. Or traded one of the best ever to another team.

PackerTimer
07-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Dealing with Favre is like dealing with a 8 year old. Thompson believes he has a capable replacement for Favre in Aaron Rodgers so why the hell would he beg or ask Favre to continue playing ?

For cripes sake, Favre is what ... 38 years old? Why the hell should the Packers beg and plead for him to stay ? Is he that fricken insecure about his abilities.

The Packers need to move on with Rodgers and if Rodgers is not the guy then Brohm is next in line.

No kidding. Why is your family running around to TV and radio stations crying about TT not wanting you back? What possible good can come from it? This whole situation is silly.

vince
07-03-2008, 09:02 AM
If Favre insists on returning, I think TT will trade him for what he can get for him, be lambasted by all the usual suspects, and come out smelling like a rose in the end once again.

Packnut
07-03-2008, 09:05 AM

I got news for ya. Dealing with ANY QB is like dealing with an 8 yr old child. It's just the nature of the beast.

packers11
07-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Al Jones blasts T.T. in an interview yesterday...

http://media2.620wtmj.com/sportscentral/070208_Al_Jones.mp3

Fritz
07-03-2008, 09:18 AM
I don't think anyone is really terribly surprised by all this. Favre himself said he'd probably get an itch to play as the season approached. The real question - and one that cannot be answered, really - is whether Favre or his agent contacted the Packers, or whether it's "all rumor" as Favre texted his Biloxi buddy. I myself can't imagine Favre flat out lying, so I choose to believe his text.

Who knows if TT is done with Favre, or if Favre really felt unappreciated, or any of it. That's all speculation.

What I think we can say pretty certainly is that this whole soap opera is not good for the Packers. Even if this soap opera results in Favre coming back under center for the Pack this year, I would still argue that the fallout from it (Rodgers's future, tension in the locker room, more media scrutiny, another soap opera about whether Favre will retire next year - and stay retired) would probably not be worth it. The only way it would be would be a Super Bowl victory, and there's no guarantee of that, not even if Favre came back and Jason Taylor came to GB. After the Pats acquired Moss last year everybody was pretty much ready to ship the Lombardi trophy to New England, but it didn't happen.

I hope Favre stays retired. It would be best for everyone, in my estimation.

mmmdk
07-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Whew! I haven't posted for some time but I gotta tell ya that this debacle surrounding Packers is knawing at me. I don't know what to make of it but I'm baffled.

Nice to be back! :D

packers11
07-03-2008, 09:21 AM
wait... everyone... HOW BOUT DEM RETIREMENT PAPERS NOW??? :wink: :lol:

vince
07-03-2008, 09:31 AM
I don't think anyone is really terribly surprised by all this. Favre himself said he'd probably get an itch to play as the season approached. The real question - and one that cannot be answered, really - is whether Favre or his agent contacted the Packers, or whether it's "all rumor" as Favre texted his Biloxi buddy. I myself can't imagine Favre flat out lying, so I choose to believe his text.

Who knows if TT is done with Favre, or if Favre really felt unappreciated, or any of it. That's all speculation.

What I think we can say pretty certainly is that this whole soap opera is not good for the Packers. Even if this soap opera results in Favre coming back under center for the Pack this year, I would still argue that the fallout from it (Rodgers's future, tension in the locker room, more media scrutiny, another soap opera about whether Favre will retire next year - and stay retired) would probably not be worth it. The only way it would be would be a Super Bowl victory, and there's no guarantee of that, not even if Favre came back and Jason Taylor came to GB. After the Pats acquired Moss last year everybody was pretty much ready to ship the Lombardi trophy to New England, but it didn't happen.

I hope Favre stays retired. It would be best for everyone, in my estimation.

rumor (roomer) - a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts.

Favre claiming the story is a rumor doesn't mean he's denying it. It means he's not confirming it, even though he obviously could. There's little question that Favre wants to come back, although it doesn't make sense for him to publicly confirm that yet.

I think whether he does come back depends on whether the Packers will put him in as the starter (I think this is a definite 'no.'), who he's traded to, or whether he's released outright (not going to happen, IMO).

digitaldean
07-03-2008, 09:37 AM
What a stinkin' mess.

I love #4, but for cryin' out loud, Brett, make up your mind and stay with a decision.

TT is in a damned if you do/damned if you don't scenario.

Even though Favre has done what he could to help make this team win, he does have to reach a point where he realizes his actions hurt the Packers more than help him.

The Leaper
07-03-2008, 09:37 AM
I don't think Favre is having any thoughts of playing for anyone other than Green Bay. Dealing with the expectations and hype if he went somewhere else would make his head spin.

ND72
07-03-2008, 09:44 AM
:beat:

read a couple more things....If Ted Thompson had asked him back? WHY would he have? Favre made his decision AFTER McCarthy & Thompson talked to him about waiting and not making a decision when he did, but he moved on and did it anyway. That's crap, don't turn the Brett Favre Soap Opera into something Thompson should or shouldn't have done.

Favre will be back next year, but only to see his number retired.

GBRulz
07-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Al Jones blasts T.T. in an interview yesterday...

http://media2.620wtmj.com/sportscentral/070208_Al_Jones.mp3

One minute he says it's all a rumor about Brett coming back. A couple minutes later when asked, Al says he def sees Brett playing this season.

I probably want to see Brett back more than anyone, but I'm just so tired of all this drama. IMO, Brett needs to speak up and just say what it is on his mind. The one thing that I've disliked about everything since (including) his retirement has come from "sources."

bobblehead
07-03-2008, 10:46 AM

Of course its not needed, but I doubt T.T. wants to go down as the G.M. who wouldn't let one of the best ever come back. Or traded one of the best ever to another team.

Quick, no google, what was the GM's name who traded montana?

How about McNair??

Johnny U anyone?

BF wouldn't be the first guy to get traded at the end....what do the above 3 have in common??

Tarlam!
07-03-2008, 11:05 AM
So many damned Favre threads i dunno which to post on!

I am in TT's corner on this.TT will do solely what is best for the Green Bay Packers franchise in an effort to bring a Lombardi Trophy home.

Brett Favre will do what is best for Brett Favre.

That is my point of diferentiation with the two main characters in this high noon showdown on the horizon.

P.S. This whole nonsense started when Brett ummed and ahhhed the year A-Rod was drafted. For me, it's gone on long enough.

P.P.S. I guess most people (men at least) on Earth would give their left testacle to be as talented at a GAME as Mr. Favre. I simply cannot put myself into his midset retiring when he did. He was one score away from the big dance last year.

Scott Campbell
07-03-2008, 11:09 AM
P.S. This whole nonsense started when Brett ummed and ahhhed the year A-Rod was drafted. For me, it's gone on long enough.

I agree. Brett brought much of this on himself with more than half a decade of public indecisiveness on the matter.

vince
07-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Now this is different from stating the news is "rumor." I can't find anything on ESPN confirming this though...

http://fanballnews.com/player_notes/nfl/2008-07-02/both/07/2008

Favre texts Mort, says
The News
No sooner do we speculate on when Brett Favre's potential comments about the news of today, stating he was seeking a team to join for a return to the NFL, then ESPN reports Favre has contacted them and is stating he has no interest in returning to the game.
Our View
ESPN is filing the report on television as we speak, and we anticipate more of the story is still to come. Simply stated, Chris Mortenson is reporting he has received a text message from Favre that states, "I'm not coming back." We'll keep you posted.

DonHutson
07-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Now this is different from stating the news is "rumor." I can't find anything on ESPN confirming this though...

http://fanballnews.com/player_notes/nfl/2008-07-02/both/07/2008

Favre texts Mort, says
The News
No sooner do we speculate on when Brett Favre's potential comments about the news of today, stating he was seeking a team to join for a return to the NFL, then ESPN reports Favre has contacted them and is stating he has no interest in returning to the game.
Our View
ESPN is filing the report on television as we speak, and we anticipate more of the story is still to come. Simply stated, Chris Mortenson is reporting he has received a text message from Favre that states, "I'm not coming back." We'll keep you posted.

I hope that's true. Clear message, quick response.

sharpe1027
07-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Everyone call your congressperson and ask for congressional hearing to look into the media's use of anonymous sources.
What could they possibly have to gain by breaking a story that is entirely based on anonymous sources?

They've probably been sitting on this story for weeks waiting for a slow time in the news.

This just in, anonymous souces tell us that Favre's itch is actually poison oak picked up from mowing his lawn.

digitaldean
07-03-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't know if I'd want Favre back anyway, remember the Madden NFL cover curse!! :wink:

Deputy Nutz
07-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Everyone call your congressperson and ask for congressional hearing to look into the media's use of anonymous sources.
What could they possibly have to gain by breaking a story that is entirely based on anonymous sources?

They've probably been sitting on this story for weeks waiting for a slow time in the news.

This just in, anonymous souces tell us that Favre's itch is actually poison oak picked up from mowing his lawn.

Or even more evil, the Packers could have leaked all this to cover up for Aaron Rodgers telling the fans to shut their mouths. And now Favre is painted as an asshole by many, you all should be ashamed.

Gunakor
07-03-2008, 01:11 PM

Or even more evil, the Packers could have leaked all this to cover up for Aaron Rodgers telling the fans to shut their mouths. And now Favre is painted as an asshole by many, you all should be ashamed.

Guys like Al Harris have echoed the statements made in that report, so I don't think it is unfounded. The timing of it is ironic, but I think it was merely coincidence.

Zool
07-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Damn, where's Tank to through his 2 rubles into this crap?

TT+AR=antichrist

All evil...all the time

FritzDontBlitz
07-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Funniest thing.

A couple of days ago I saw Favre in that new Soloflex infomercial. First thing I thought was "dude, WTF are you doing promoting exercise equipment when the main reason you said you retired was because you were tired of trying to get ready for games?"

Then I heard the Chicago sportscasters talking about how the Bears would be crazy not to load up a package and make a run for Favre and I was like "Oh nooooooooo........"

FritzDontBlitz
07-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Plus I personally believe that Brian Brohm is the future. Mike Martz has his Kurt Warner, Belichick has his Tom Brady, McCarthy has Brian Brohm.

My sentiments as well. I just can't get over the sick feeling of seeing A-Rod snap like a twig like he does every time he gets a chance to play. And we can talk our ass off but after 17 years of the same QB lining up under center we know that the first time A_Rod comes out for so much as a hangnail the panic is going to set in. I don't think he's durable enough to survive an NFL season - especially if Daryn "the human turnstile" Colledge doesn't show major improvement.

Gunakor
07-03-2008, 03:42 PM

My sentiments as well. I just can't get over the sick feeling of seeing A-Rod snap like a twig like he does every time he gets a chance to play. And we can talk our ass off but after 17 years of the same QB lining up under center we know that the first time A_Rod comes out for so much as a hangnail the panic is going to set in. I don't think he's durable enough to survive an NFL season - especially if Daryn "the human turnstile" Colledge doesn't show major improvement.

There are very few QB's who last a full season without coming out at some point or other due to injury. Favre hasn't had many either, he just heals fast enough that he was able to come back and start the next game. But he's gotten injured and had to come out of games he could not finish in most of the years he's been here. Even the glory years of the mid 90's. T.J. Rubley anyone?

Besides that, have you even seen any recent pictures of A-Rod? He's conditioned himself this offseason to be the starter. He's beefed up a tad. He's doesn't look nearly as fragile as he did coming out of college. He'll be fine. Shit will probably happen where he'll have to come out and Brohm will see playing time, same as the shit that happens to Favre to allow Rodgers to see playing time. That's football. It is incredibly unfair to compare a players durability to that of Favre. We may never see a player with that kind of durability here in Green Bay ever again.

HarveyWallbangers
07-04-2008, 12:39 AM
How come everything wasn't kept in the official thread? We could have had a monster thread going--like a draft thread.

HarveyWallbangers
07-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Kind of funny that Seifert writes a column about whether the Packers should want Favre back--and the conclusion seems to be "yes". The basis is that only 7 of the 17 teams had a better record the next year. To me, that seems like a pretty good percentage. Only two teams had more than two more losses the following season--the Bills after Jim Kelly retired (Todd Collins took over) and the Broncos retired (Brian Griese took over). Really both teams were getting old and were obviously at the end of long winning runs. The conclusion should be that teams have done better than you'd think the next year. 15 of the 17 teams had a better record or lost no more than 2 more games. If that happened with the Pack, they'd still be 11-5 and a playoff team. We'd all take that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=seifert_kevin&id=3472447

Tarlam!
07-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Damn, where's Tank to through his 2 rubles into this crap?

TT+AR=antichrist

All evil...all the time

Tank no longer lives here. This is a good thing.

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Nobody wanted Favre to come back than me, but he will look bad if he does now. He already gave a sad/emotional retirement speech, gave over controls to Rodgers, and even set a date to retire his jersey. Then you all of a sudden want to play again right before the season starts? Football may be a game, but the Packers organization is a business and they don’t need this crap.

Either say your fucking playing and play or tell your agent, your family, etc. to stop talking BS if you’re not playing again.

packers11
07-04-2008, 12:01 PM
what is the big deal favre obviously wants to come back and if he does the packers should take him...

HE GIVES THE PACKERS THE BEST CHANCE NOW... I dont give a shit if rodgers is solid for the next 10 years... 2008-2009 favre is clearly the better quarterback and if he wants to play, T.T. better let him back. I'd rather have a Superbowl NOW, then maybe in a couple of years... The packers were one play away from it last year, with a team only getting better, denying Favre would be one of the dumbest things i've seen in awhile...

and for all you people that said its to late. uhh training camp hasn't even started yet, and if you think Favre isn't that important. I SAY TRADE HIM TO THE VIKINGS . We will see how important he would be week 1 vs the packers while he rips on the secondary. And you may ask... "are you a packers fan or a brett favre fan."

Of course the packers come first, but I want to win a SUPER BOWL. Favre gives the packers the best chance. THERE SHOULD BE NO IF OR BUTS IF HE COMES BACK. T.T.'s A-Rod project can hold on 1 more fucking year...

I WANT A SUPERBOWL NOW :!: ... SUPERBOWL OR BUST :!: ... 2008-2009 season here we come...

RashanGary
07-11-2008, 08:09 PM

Where is your evidence?

No evidence. I'm saying if Favre wants to come back, will the man managing the money say no? Would Harlan? You'd be a fool to turn down that sorta revenue!

Where's that guy managing the money that you so certainly spoke of?

TT is in complete control. Deal with it.