PDA

View Full Version : Platoon QBs??

The Leaper
07-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Can it be done? Should it be done?

I think it could be done...gives Favre some extra weeks off to mentally/physically recover during the year and gives Rodgers the chance to start 5 or 6 games. Keeps the defense guessing as to who is going to play from week to week.

Normally, it would be a stupid idea...but with our situation if Favre returned, I think it might work.

Patler
07-02-2008, 10:33 PM
If Favre comes back, TT has the experienced veteran backup for Rodgers that some think the Packers will need! :lol: :lol:

MJZiggy
07-02-2008, 10:51 PM
I think that crash was Woodbuck falling to the floor. Can we get a medic over here, please?

VegasPackFan
07-03-2008, 12:18 AM
There's this little thing called "The Streak" I think you are forgetting about.

packers11
07-03-2008, 12:19 AM

He could be the first one to start... Well the first snap... :wink:

Pacopete4
07-03-2008, 12:25 AM
I'm marking down all these posts on how Aaron Rodgers is the next HOF QB for the Packers just to bring em back up again when he flops or just plays mediocre football and the pack are 8-8 when they could have Favre running the show getting them in position just like last season!

Zool
07-03-2008, 12:46 AM
I'm marking down all these posts on how Aaron Rodgers is the next HOF QB for the Packers just to bring em back up again when he flops or just plays mediocre football and the pack are 8-8 when they could have Favre running the show getting them in position just like last season!

What has Rodgers ever done to you that makes you want him to fail? Its like you'd rather be right then have the Packers win. I dont get it.

Pacopete4
07-03-2008, 12:51 AM

What has Rodgers ever done to you that makes you want him to fail? Its like you'd rather be right then have the Packers win. I dont get it.

Not at all.. I just don't think he is going to do well. I think we are at best a 9-7 team with him and that is only because we have so many pieces around him it'll be hard to mess it up that badly. To be totally honest, I'm just flat out sick of hearing about how amazing he is because he happened to play well in one game.. how in the world u base him on that is beyond me. And I also find it amazing that people forget so much about what Favre did for this team not only in his career but the last season.. at age 38... I don't think this team sniffed 13 wins last season with anyone but him at the helm including Brady or Manning... and thats just my opinion

VegasPackFan
07-03-2008, 12:58 AM

He could be the first one to start... Well the first snap... :wink:

Some people might actually think of that, but neither Bret nor The Pack will make such a mockery of that record.

bobblehead
07-03-2008, 01:11 AM

Not at all.. I just don't think he is going to do well. I think we are at best a 9-7 team with him and that is only because we have so many pieces around him it'll be hard to mess it up that badly. To be totally honest, I'm just flat out sick of hearing about how amazing he is because he happened to play well in one game.. how in the world u base him on that is beyond me. And I also find it amazing that people forget so much about what Favre did for this team not only in his career but the last season.. at age 38... I don't think this team sniffed 13 wins last season with anyone but him at the helm including Brady or Manning... and thats just my opinion

Methinks you view thru green and gold glasses.

bobblehead
07-03-2008, 01:13 AM
this thread is ludicrous....leaper, honestly think about what you are proposing, I know you know better. This is just boring offseason talk right?

Deputy Nutz
07-03-2008, 12:11 PM

The bottom line is that we know what Favre can do with this roster, we don't really have a clue what Aaron Rodgers is capable of in the NFL.

Deputy Nutz
07-03-2008, 12:13 PM
I don't know about a platoon situation, probably unlikely. I would see Rodgers getting more playing time not only in blow outs, but also in games that the Packer are winning and in control of, say games separated by 17 points or so. If Favre came back, they would have to do their best in keeping Favre fresh for the whole year. Say they are playing a team that is 4-10 in week 15, Favre should play the first quarter or so, and then Rodgers should play the rest of the game, win lose or draw.

Zool
07-03-2008, 12:42 PM

The bottom line is that we know what Favre can do with this roster, we don't really have a clue what Aaron Rodgers is capable of in the NFL.

I've never said that, and to call anything the bottom line seems a little elitist. All I have ever said is, I have no idea why people seem like they would be happy if the Packers start losing. Be it Ted Thompson or Aaron Rodgers or whomever.

If you're a fan, get your ass behind your team no matter what. Its not like any of us have any say over anything other than a single ass in a seat. Negativity towards them will not improve anything except making yourself feel better, and I even doubt that.