PDA

View Full Version : favre

Stevogbfan
07-03-2008, 08:11 AM
can't we just let the man retire in peace, you know this was just a rumor started by some dumb azz bears fan
to work against the packer team! brett even said it's just a rumor, he went out on top and he should stay there.
it's time for change in green bay, lets all just roll with it and move on

i'm sure we'll hear about how he wants to come back 100 times before the season starts, is everyone gunna
loose their cookies every time this poop comes out? i hope not

go pack go, it's a-rods team now let's kick some butt!

packers11
07-03-2008, 08:14 AM
you live under a rock... its not a rumor...

The Green Bay Press Gazette confirms through multiple sources that Brett Favre has indeed contacted the Packers, and that his relationship with GM Ted Thompson partly led to his retirement.

There is no doubt Favre talked to McCarthy about coming back two weeks ago, despite Favre's claims to the contrary. It's also clear through Favre's family and this report that Thompson doesn't want Favre back. The Gazette says Favre would have "un-retired" as early as May if Thompson had asked him back, but that didn't happen. Thompson reportedly isn't returning Favre's agents calls. This is all a little childish on both sides, but Favre can force Thompson's hand by being definitive about his plans. It's debatable whether he'll be willing to do so.

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

Packnut
07-03-2008, 08:24 AM
I agree this is coming from to many different sources for it to be just rumor. Obviously Thompson dos'nt want Favre back. I also discount Brett telling the Billoxi Sun it's "all rumor". What else can he say right now?

I also find Bonita Favre's comments about Thompson very disturbing. If it's indeed true that Thompson made Fave feel un-wanted, than that story need's to come out. Before crucifying Teddy, I would like to know exactly what he did or did'nt do.

The plot thickens.................. :?

texaspackerbacker
07-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Don't automatically believe it because the God damned media says so, even the Green Bay Press Gazette. Trust no one--when they get paid to skew--oops, I mean write--the news.

We learned during the retirement controversy that Favre is very susceptible to leading questions, especially when they are repeated ad infinitum. Arguably, he answered what they wanted to hear, got himself painted into a corner, and only retired BECAUSE of all those leading questions. Far-fetched? Maybe ....... maybe not.

Now it's starting up again. The only word from Favre is "only a rumor"--and even that is only if you believe the quote of a different media source. All his agent has said is that he knows nothing about the unretiring thing.

Maybe it's true--even the God damned media isn't always wrong; Maybe it's all media generated, but Favre will allow himself to be manipulated (again?) into unretiring; Or maybe it's all smoke, and nothing will come of it.

The last of those three possibilities would suit me fine and be best for the Packers. Until I hear different officially and unequivocally, I'm not going to succumb to the "what iffing".

bobblehead
07-03-2008, 10:50 AM
can't we just let the man retire in peace, you know this was just a rumor started by some dumb azz bears fan
to work against the packer team! brett even said it's just a rumor, he went out on top and he should stay there.

i'm sure we'll hear about how he wants to come back 100 times before the season starts, is everyone gunna

Interesting choice of words...its a rumor. How about "there is no truth to the rumor, I am retired and not coming back"

cpk1994
07-03-2008, 11:10 AM

Interesting choice of words...its a rumor. How about "there is no truth to the rumor, I am retired and not coming back"Becuase if he ssaid it that way, no more media attention for Brett. This ensures Brett keeps getting the attention he craves.

Scott Campbell
07-03-2008, 11:16 AM
I also find Bonita Favre's comments about Thompson very disturbing. If it's indeed true that Thompson made Fave feel un-wanted.......

What did Bonita say?

I'd find it a little disturbing if Favre's mommy is getting involved. What a circus. Thompson being responsible for Favre feeling unwanted feeds right into the whole prima donna rumblings. I don't want to see people (metaphorically) put a dress on Brett. This is a football player were talking about for christ sakes, not Celine Dion.

BallHawk
07-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Favre bringing his family into this is just stupid.

I have a feeling this won't end nicely. :|

PackerTimer
07-03-2008, 01:21 PM
I agree this is coming from to many different sources for it to be just rumor. Obviously Thompson dos'nt want Favre back. I also discount Brett telling the Billoxi Sun it's "all rumor". What else can he say right now?

I also find Bonita Favre's comments about Thompson very disturbing. If it's indeed true that Thompson made Fave feel un-wanted, than that story need's to come out. Before crucifying Teddy, I would like to know exactly what he did or did'nt do.

The plot thickens.................. :?

You people and your TT made him feel unwanted line. It's so tired it's disgusting. What's the man supposed to do, walk up to him every day and say, "Gee Brett, you're doing a heck of job for us, it would be swell if you would come back next year."

Does your boss continually pat you on the back and ask if you'll be back tomorrow? Mine doesn't. I figure until they ask me to leave or I decide to leave I keep showing up and doing my job. I don't need my worth validated on a daily basis.

packinpatland
07-03-2008, 01:23 PM
So, what DID Bonita say???????

MJZiggy
07-03-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm going with the idea that if Favre tells the Sun Herald there's nothing to it, that he'd prefer we shut up about it, so that seems like a reasonable thing to do.

MadtownPacker
07-03-2008, 01:30 PM
What did Bonita say?

I'd find it a little disturbing if Favre's mommy is getting involved. What a circus. Thompson being responsible for Favre feeling unwanted feeds right into the whole prima donna rumblings. I don't want to see people (metaphorically) put a dress on Brett. This is a football player were talking about for christ sakes, not Celine Dion.Shut your mouth crackaboy. A man's Momma will always take up for him even when he is wrong. Leave the lady alone.

Besides, she is probably tough enough to kick your trifiling ski-bunny ass.

vince
07-03-2008, 01:32 PM

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=768751

Favre's mother, Bonita, told WITI-TV that Favre felt Thompson was less than enthusiastic about keeping him around for another year, something Favre's inner circle has expressed for some time.

"He's felt like that for the last couple of years, that the Packers didn't really want him back," said Bonita Favre. "But nothing's been said. You know it's just been bits and pieces throughout the last couple of years, things that would come up, and it just didn't seem like they went out of their way to keep him. It was kind of like, 'You're done.' "

PackerTimer
07-03-2008, 01:36 PM
What the hell does it mean, "they didn't go out of their way to keep him"? What did they have to do? The man was under contract for two more years. Did they have to give a contract extension, pay him more than the 12.5 million a year he was making? Seriously, what did he want from them?

The Leaper
07-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Thompson was giving out tractor rides to various players and personnel in February out behind Lambeau. Favre wasn't invited. I think that set this whole chain of events into motion.

sharpe1027
07-03-2008, 01:41 PM
The only evidence that TT didn't want Favre back is that supposedly he did not do enough to try to convince Favre to come back. Did TT fire Favre? Did he ask him not to come back? Did he try to trade him? Nope. If more comes out, then I will re-evaluate my position. But for now:

First TT doesn't strike me as a very charismatic guy. This can be interpreted by people the wrong way. By the same token, talking with Favre may have done more damage than good.

Second, TT is a guy who came in at the end of Favre's career and doesn't deal with him on a daily basis. MM has known Favre for a long time and talks with him daily. MM has gone on record as saying he tried to talk Favre into coming back. What are the odds that MM would do so if his boss didn't want him to?

Finally, why the hell should Favre's decision to come back be based on whether the GM is beating down his door? If that is the main factor in his retirement, Favre has no one to blame but himself.

Bossman641
07-03-2008, 02:22 PM
The only evidence that TT didn't want Favre back is that supposedly he did not do enough to try to convince Favre to come back. Did TT fire Favre? Did he ask him not to come back? Did he try to trade him? Nope. If more comes out, then I will re-evaluate my position. But for now:

First TT doesn't strike me as a very charismatic guy. This can be interpreted by people the wrong way. By the same token, talking with Favre may have done more damage than good.

Second, TT is a guy who came in at the end of Favre's career and doesn't deal with him on a daily basis. MM has known Favre for a long time and talks with him daily. MM has gone on record as saying he tried to talk Favre into coming back. What are the odds that MM would do so if his boss didn't want him to?

Finally, why the hell should Favre's decision to come back be based on whether the GM is beating down his door? If that is the main factor in his retirement, Favre has no one to blame but himself.

Agreed

I don't know what Favre, or his family, expected TT and MM to do.

The Shadow
07-03-2008, 02:43 PM

Well expressed.

Scott Campbell
07-03-2008, 04:27 PM
A man's Momma will always take up for him even when he is wrong.

I don't know about your mom, but if my mom starts messing in my business, her future at the Happy Trails Gated Retirement Community would be replaced with the ACME Discount Nursing home operated out of a trailer park in Fresno.

packinpatland
07-03-2008, 04:29 PM

I don't know about your mom, but if my mom starts messing in my business, her future at the Happy Trails Gated Retirement Community would be replaced with the ACME Discount Nursing home operated out of a trailer park in Fresno.

12 years of parochial school........and being taught by nuns.....my mother next to never took my side.....'they' were always right. :evil:

oregonpackfan
07-03-2008, 04:32 PM

Isn't the ACME Nursing home in Fresno owned by Madtown? :)

texaspackerbacker
07-03-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm going with the idea that if Favre tells the Sun Herald there's nothing to it, that he'd prefer we shut up about it, so that seems like a reasonable thing to do.

EXCELLENT idea! Now if we could just get the God damned media assholes to do the same ........

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 05:19 PM
I also find Bonita Favre's comments about Thompson very disturbing. If it's indeed true that Thompson made Fave feel un-wanted.......

What did Bonita say?

I'd find it a little disturbing if Favre's mommy is getting involved. What a circus. Thompson being responsible for Favre feeling unwanted feeds right into the whole prima donna rumblings. I don't want to see people (metaphorically) put a dress on Brett. This is a football player were talking about for christ sakes, not Celine Dion.

Hey Scott ever had 'a Mother' ?

answer... yes

Then ask yourself Scott, With all we are reading of reports on this 'rumor' the past two days, and prior to that 'the facts' in our face. Well you shoud know. Your here enough..

Are you sincerely and really shocked on the plausabilty and possibility that ' Brett Favre's' MOTHER could be anoid ? Then that some media may have taken 'at least' a sound bite where she acted like 'a Mother' and expressed that specific annoyance ?

I could lead you down 'the garden path' here Scott. :D

Fosco33
07-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Brett Favre's' MOTHER could be anoid

A'noid'

:P

http://www.hostpic.biz/uploads/f8287e35cb.gif (http://www.hostpic.biz)

MadtownPacker
07-03-2008, 07:14 PM

I don't know about your mom, but if my mom starts messing in my business, her future at the Happy Trails Gated Retirement Community would be replaced with the ACME Discount Nursing home operated out of a trailer park in Fresno.Shut your pork colored mouth. Mama deserves better then that for bringing you into this world.

I guess I can understand your lack of compassion. Your Dad, Bring'em Young III probably had 10 Wife-sisters and you lost track of which one you came from.

Scott Campbell
07-03-2008, 07:19 PM

Isn't the ACME Nursing home in Fresno owned by Madtown? :)

Not the whole facility. Just the bedpan concession. :lol:

MadtownPacker
07-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Isn't the ACME Nursing home in Fresno owned by Madtown? :)It's because Mexes know how to keep family together and stack 30 people into a 3 bedroom house.

Scott Campbell
07-03-2008, 07:26 PM

That's kind of personal Woody, but yeah, I've had a few MILF's in my younger days. Why?

twoseven
07-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Isn't the ACME Nursing home in Fresno owned by Madtown? :)It's because Mexes know how to keep family together and stack 30 people into a 3 bedroom house.So do I, it's called a keg.

cpk1994
07-03-2008, 07:44 PM

What did Bonita say?

I'd find it a little disturbing if Favre's mommy is getting involved. What a circus. Thompson being responsible for Favre feeling unwanted feeds right into the whole prima donna rumblings. I don't want to see people (metaphorically) put a dress on Brett. This is a football player were talking about for christ sakes, not Celine Dion.This is what Bonita said. From Mort's article on Espn.com:

"He's felt like that for the last couple of years, that the Packers didn't really want him back," Bonita Favre told WITI. "But nothing's been said. You know it's just been bits and pieces throughout the last couple of years, things that would come up, and it just didn't seem like they went out of their way to keep him. It was kind of like, 'You're done"

Scott Campbell
07-03-2008, 07:48 PM

What did Bonita say?

I'd find it a little disturbing if Favre's mommy is getting involved. What a circus. Thompson being responsible for Favre feeling unwanted feeds right into the whole prima donna rumblings. I don't want to see people (metaphorically) put a dress on Brett. This is a football player were talking about for christ sakes, not Celine Dion.This is what Bonita said. From Mort's article on Espn.com:

"He's felt like that for the last couple of years, that the Packers didn't really want him back," Bonita Favre told WITI. "But nothing's been said. You know it's just been bits and pieces throughout the last couple of years, things that would come up, and it just didn't seem like they went out of their way to keep him. It was kind of like, 'You're done"

I see. So the Packers didn't go "out of their way" to keep him. Oh well.

Freak Out
07-03-2008, 07:59 PM
"Your mama wears combat boots!" :lol:

MJZiggy
07-03-2008, 08:22 PM
You boys are worse than a gaggle of 14-year-old girls trying to figure out if Ashley's favorite boy really does like her back.

The reason they run after Favre's mother for quotes is because you ladies drool over every word so.

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 08:27 PM

I don't know about your mom, but if my mom starts messing in my business, her future at the Happy Trails Gated Retirement Community would be replaced with the ACME Discount Nursing home operated out of a trailer park in Fresno.Shut your pork colored mouth. Mama deserves better then that for bringing you into this world.

I guess I can understand your lack of compassion. Your Dad, Bring'em Young III probably had 10 Wife-sisters and you lost track of which one you came from.

Wowwww!

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 08:30 PM
You boys are worse than a gaggle of 14-year-old girls
The reason they run after Favre's mother for quotes is because you ladies drool over every word so.

mj... Valerian.

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 08:35 PM

A'noid'

://www.hostpic.biz/uploads/f8287e35cb.gif (http://www.hostpic.biz)

ahhh hated spelling bee's besides... I was too much of a jock and always looking at 'the gals'.

http://new.ca.music.yahoo.com/singleVideo/?vid=157438911

Nice to see you Packer fan. 8-)

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 09:26 PM

That's kind of personal Woody, but yeah, I've had a few MILF's in my younger days. Why?

There you go Scott. Reaching for 'the sugar'. :D

Mr. Personality.

NewsBruin
07-04-2008, 12:07 AM
The Gazette says Favre would have "un-retired" as early as May if Thompson had asked him back, but that didn't happen.

Damn Ted Thompson for wearing his tin-foil hat and not receiving Brett's brainwave transmission!

Guiness
07-04-2008, 12:38 AM

A'noid'

://www.hostpic.biz/uploads/f8287e35cb.gif (http://www.hostpic.biz)

ahhh hated spelling bee's besides... I was too much of a jock and always looking at 'the gals'.

http://new.ca.music.yahoo.com/singleVideo/?vid=157438911

Nice to see you Packer fan. 8-)

Ok Woody - maybe I missed the 'double entendre' but that Mariah Carey has WHAT to do with the Pack? Is that the new Rick Rolled? :lol:

Packers4Ever
07-04-2008, 08:00 PM

This is what I read in the Milwaukee Journal this morning - that Bonita Favre spoke to a station in Milwaukee, WITI-TV, I believe it was, and told them that "the Packers basically shooed Brett out the door," Take it for what it's worth.
The station must have contacted her ( ? ) I doubt she did the contacting
for chit-chat.

Packers4Ever
07-04-2008, 08:04 PM

A'noid'

"Annoyed" :lol:

http://www.hostpic.biz/uploads/f8287e35cb.gif (http://www.hostpic.biz)