PDA

View Full Version : What Will Brett Ultimately Do?

sheepshead
07-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Crystal ball time.

The Leaper
07-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Can you imagine what would happen if Thompson brick-walled Favre...then Rodgers got hurt opening night?

Thompson would be fortunate if Packer fans only killed his dog.

Pacopete4
07-03-2008, 10:58 AM
I wish that he could just go back and take all the retirement speech away.. that would save us all this crapola. If he retired cuz he didnt think Thompson wanted him back, then he retired for the wrong reasons... just my opinion

sheepshead
07-03-2008, 11:14 AM
I wish that he could just go back and take all the retirement speech away.. that would save us all this crapola. If he retired cuz he didnt think Thompson wanted him back, then he retired for the wrong reasons... just my opinion

This is one thing I agree with. TT adds depth at every position. QB of course cannot be an exception. I always thought, this is the year Brett gets hurt, at least for a few games. Thus Rodgers fell to us blah blah we all know the history. Just because TT does his job and does it well by the way, no one should read into that as pushing Brett out the door. This all has nothing to do with TT in my opinion. If Brett wanted to play, all he had to do was honor his contract. Brett's an emotional guy and I'm sure there is a great element of truth to everything we are hearing. How it all shakes out will be great theater I predict.

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 11:20 AM
STEP 1

If TT uses his head and is in control . He certainly welcomes Favre back and does so ASAP publicly.

Step 2

With Favre back he then uses some of our CAP $ to make a concerted effort to acquire Miami's Jason Taylor. I mean he gets that done. Favre draws Jason Taylor.

He push's for both Favre and Jason Taylor to commit to 2008 and 2009, and he fills in the blanks to give us 'a realistic opportunity' to get through to the Super Bowl.

This scenario places Aaron Rodgers in a difficult place but he's paid well as a back-up and a QB that's never started an NFL game.

Time to see if TT can really manage to get us to 'The Game'.

PACKERS FOREVER.

Scott Campbell
07-03-2008, 11:23 AM
STEP 1

If TT uses his head and is in control . ..........

Ted's not the one being wishy washy Woody.

sheepshead
07-03-2008, 11:27 AM
STEP 1

If TT uses his head and is in control . He certainly welcomes Favre back and does so ASAP publicly.

Step 2

With Favre back he then uses some of our CAP $ to make a concerted effort to acquire Miami's Jason Taylor. I mean he gets that done. Favre draws Jason Taylor.

He push's for both Favre and Jason Taylor to commit to 2008 and 2009, and he fills in the blanks to give us 'a realistic opportunity' to get through to the Super Bowl.

This scenario places Aaron Rodgers in a difficult place but he's paid well as a back-up and a QB that's never started an NFL game.

PACKERS FOREVER.

I'm getting a boner!

Scott Campbell
07-03-2008, 11:29 AM
STEP 1

Step 2

PACKERS FOREVER.

I'm getting a boner!

......should have said "woody".

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 11:30 AM

This is one thing I agree with. TT adds depth at every position. QB of course cannot be an exception. I always thought, this is the year Brett gets hurt, at least for a few games. Thus Rodgers fell to us blah blah we all know the history. Just because TT does his job and does it well by the way, no one should read into that as pushing Brett out the door. This all has nothing to do with TT in my opinion. If Brett wanted to play, all he had to do was honor his contract. Brett's an emotional guy and I'm sure there is a great element of truth to everything we are hearing. How it all shakes out will be great theater I predict.

This new thing Re: 'Brett Favre and not honoring his contract' is nothing but dramatics and BS Blackballing.Get real... please.

No up on it all Packer fan with any sense of integrity, would swollow such garbage. :D

Sorry but Please.

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 11:36 AM
STEP 1

Scott sorry man. Your extreme prejudices leave you blind. Now try to aim for 'not really dumb'.

Scott Campbell
07-03-2008, 11:36 AM
STEP 1

Scott sorry man. Your extreme prejudices leave you blind. Now try to aim for 'not really dumb'.

ROFL

sheepshead
07-03-2008, 11:37 AM
That's not what I meant. I meant it was easy for him to play in 2008-09. TT didnt have to offer him a deal. All he had to do was play. If he walks away from his contract and chooses not to play thats fine too. I just meant the door was as open as possible for him to play football again. Honor was probably the wrong word.

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 11:42 AM
That's not what I meant. I meant it was easy for him to play in 2008-09. TT didnt have to offer him a deal. All he had to do was play. If he walks away from his contract and chooses not to play thats fine too. I just meant the door was as open as possible for him to play football again. Honor was probably the wrong word.

Got you... that's cool man. 8-)

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 11:43 AM
STEP 1

ROFL

:D

Packnut
07-03-2008, 11:46 AM
I'll take the worst case scenario. The Harrell pick is all anyone need's to know about the Thompson ego (I'm smarter than everyone else).

He'll trade Brett to Tampa for a 5th rounder (gee another draft pick for Teddy).

Favre leads the Bucs to the SB.............. :roll:

Gunakor
07-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Favre very probably was pressured into making this decision before he was absolutely ready to. Even then, if he had ANY inkling that he might want to return he should have just said he was going to return. He shouldn't have said "I don't want to anymore" if he thought he just might want to do it again. Favre changed his mind, not TT. TT has done his job of moving on post Favre, and it's not fair to him or Rodgers given all the work they've both put in for Favre to come back in as the unquetioned starter this year. Especially if Rodgers is 100% committed to the job while Favre is less than that.

The Leaper
07-03-2008, 12:02 PM
If Thompson is so damn smart about not needing Favre, then trade him to the Vikings and prove all of us doubters wrong.

Tarlam!
07-03-2008, 12:08 PM
If Thompson is so damn smart about not needing Favre, then trade him to the Vikings and prove all of us doubters wrong.

After the Giants game last season, I think it crossed TT's mind. I have faced reality: Brett Favre is an excellent erratic QB that won us the Seattle game but did nothing special to help us win the Giants game and get us to the big dance.

Considering he earns nearly 750 K per regular season game (20 times what some of us make annually at our jobs), I wanted a better performance against the Giants than we got.

Deputy Nutz
07-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Can you imagine what would happen if Thompson brick-walled Favre...then Rodgers got hurt opening night?

Bingo. Thompson is putting all his eggs in one basket with Rodgers. Thompson is usually right, but this going to put even more pressure on Rodgers to succeed. It would actually be better for him if he sat the bench while Favre played in 2008. Worst case senario is that Favre come back and doesn't play like Favre of 2007 and Rodgers becomes the most popular guy in Green Bay.

If Favre makes a big deal about coming back, and the Packers grant his wish, he better be willing to give it everything he has, because if he falters, he will be as well liked as Ted Thompson, if Thompson didn't open the door up to Favre in the first place.

DonHutson
07-03-2008, 12:10 PM
If the rumors gathered so far are to be believed, we know:

1) Favre wants to play badly enough that he would accept being released.

2) The Packers did not immediately accept him back, which led to point number one.

3) The Packers want to "protect Favre's legacy" whatever that means to them. They obviously can't protect Favre from himself so this will likely end up meaning that they will protect his legacy as a Packer. Meaning they will get rid of him before he causes too many disruptions, and so he can have his ugly Washington Wizards season(s) in some other uniform. Presumably protecting Favre's legacy as a Packer would not include letting him show up in Lambeau in a Viking or Bear jersey, another argument against Favre's outright release.

From past experience we know:

1) Ted doesn't give a shit what Brett or anyone else thinks is best for the team. He'll do what he does and let the results speak for themselves.

2) The Packers have plenty of cap room. There is no need to release Favre. They can activate him and then decide what to do.

3) Teams will overpay for legendary players, whether to roll the dice for a title or to put fans in the seats.

4) Great players typically don't know when to quit.

This adds up to Favre getting traded, unless Favre proves to be one of the rare exceptions to point number four.

It is possible the Packers could activate Favre then look into adding players such as Jason Taylor with the decision to keep Favre contingent on the results of those negotiations. But I really doubt Thompson and McCarthy want to introduce that level of speculation right before camp.

Therefore, my prediction is a trade. My hope is that Favre doesn't want to end his career elsewhere and just makes a clear statement that he is done.

Gunakor
07-03-2008, 12:10 PM
STEP 1

You are the one with an extreme prejudice Woody. It's no secret you don't like Ted Thompson. It's no suprise you think that TT's franchise should be known as the Green Bay Favres. But facts are facts Woody. Favre changed his mind, not TT. Scott was merely pointing out that obvious fact, and you call him blind for it. Perhaps it's time to open your own eyes...

bobblehead
07-03-2008, 12:15 PM
I'll take the worst case scenario. The Harrell pick is all anyone need's to know about the Thompson ego (I'm smarter than everyone else).

He'll trade Brett to Tampa for a 5th rounder (gee another draft pick for Teddy).

Actually we know absolutely nothing about TT's ego, but he has proven he is smarter than everyone else.

sheepshead
07-03-2008, 12:21 PM

Bingo. Thompson is putting all his eggs in one basket with Rodgers. Thompson is usually right, but this going to put even more pressure on Rodgers to succeed. It would actually be better for him if he sat the bench while Favre played in 2008. Worst case senario is that Favre come back and doesn't play like Favre of 2007 and Rodgers becomes the most popular guy in Green Bay.

If Favre makes a big deal about coming back, and the Packers grant his wish, he better be willing to give it everything he has, because if he falters, he will be as well liked as Ted Thompson, if Thompson didn't open the door up to Favre in the first place.

Huh?? Google 2008 NFL draft, under "Packers" you'll see 2 guys in the quarterback position.

cpk1994
07-03-2008, 12:25 PM
STEP 1

You are the one with an extreme prejudice Woody. It's no secret you don't like Ted Thompson. It's no suprise you think that TT's franchise should be known as the Green Bay Favres. But facts are facts Woody. Favre changed his mind, not TT. Scott was merely pointing out that obvious fact, and you call him blind for it. Perhaps it's time to open your own eyes...You have to understand something about Woody. TT has proven WOody wrong time and time again to the point he hasn't had anything to bash TT for. This just reignites Woody's hatred.

Deputy Nutz
07-03-2008, 12:51 PM

Huh?? Google 2008 NFL draft, under "Packers" you'll see 2 guys in the quarterback position.

Read my article I bring up Brohm in the article. But neither of the two guys you cared to mention are going to be ready in 2008. In fact I am having hard time figuring out why you even mentioned them in such a sarcastic tone.

sheepshead
07-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Your article is boring drivel and how can you say TT puts all his eggs in one basket when he drafts 2 quarterbacks, makes at least one offer to an NFL veteran that we're now aware of. I'm just not following it bud.

The Leaper
07-03-2008, 01:56 PM
After the Giants game last season, I think it crossed TT's mind. I have faced reality: Brett Favre is an excellent erratic QB that won us the Seattle game but did nothing special to help us win the Giants game and get us to the big dance.

If someone concludes that the blame for the Giants loss is entirely or mostly Favre's, they are making an error in judgment.

Favre did not play great that night...he was mediocre. The OT INT was a horrible decision...one Favre is always prone to make. However, Favre also played well enough in regulation to have 2 TD passes and was one dropped pass away from being in prime position to win.

Favre was the main reason the team was 13-3. He was the main reason the team won the division and had HFA throughout the playoffs. He was the main reason the team didn't fold like a tent after Seattle put us in 14-0 hole in the first playoff game. He remains our best chance to repeat last year's success and make another run.

None of that is true of Aaron Rodgers...something which I'm quite positive is not an error in my judgment.

The Leaper
07-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Your article is boring drivel and how can you say TT puts all his eggs in one basket when he drafts 2 quarterbacks

So you are counting on rookie QBs to lead us to the Super Bowl?

Merlin
07-03-2008, 02:33 PM

Actually we know absolutely nothing about TT's ego, but he has proven he is smarter than everyone else.

LOL, he is so smart he hasn't put together a solid offensive line since he got here. Even the dumbest person in the NFL knows that is where offense begins. Guess he is just too smart for not addressing that problem. If you don't know that Thompson has a big ego, then apparently you haven't been paying attention since he got here.

The Shadow
07-03-2008, 02:46 PM
STEP 1

Step 2

PACKERS FOREVER.

He already PUT the Packers in a perfect spot to get to a Super Bowl.
A few players did not come through.
Time to move on.

sheepshead
07-03-2008, 03:22 PM

LOL, he is so smart he hasn't put together a solid offensive line since he got here. Even the dumbest person in the NFL knows that is where offense begins. Guess he is just too smart for not addressing that problem. If you don't know that Thompson has a big ego, then apparently you haven't been paying attention since he got here.

The number one rated pass protection line in the NFL is a pretty good start. If we had a running back for 16 games their run stats would have been up there as well. It's difficult to judge without game film I know.

sheepshead
07-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Your article is boring drivel and how can you say TT puts all his eggs in one basket when he drafts 2 quarterbacks

So you are counting on rookie QBs to lead us to the Super Bowl?

This wasnt about who performs how on the field, it was about TT's decision making. I wasnt making any predictions, just commenting on his actions thus far.

sheepshead
07-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Brett and McCarthy will have a serious sit down next week I predict. In person or otherwise. Then hopefully it get settled for this season once and for all.

Deputy Nutz
07-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Your article is boring drivel and how can you say TT puts all his eggs in one basket when he drafts 2 quarterbacks, makes at least one offer to an NFL veteran that we're now aware of. I'm just not following it bud.

Don't fucking read my shit, I am thrilled that an asshat like yourself disagrees with it, it must mean it is brilliant.

Is Brohm ready to start? Is that LSU QB ready to start? Again my point was in starting caliber QBs with my statement with Rodgers and Favre, it had nothing to do with the draft picks you moron.

Why don't you go check out Packerforum.com. I am sure they would enjoy your asshole nature. Go ahead and send me another PM begging me to leave you alone, it certainly not gonna happen, time to get your balls busted fucker.

Scott Campbell
07-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Your article is boring drivel...........

Then write something better or shut the hell up.

People shouldn't be ridiculed for significant content contributions to this site - whether you agree with the author or not.

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 04:29 PM

People shouldn't be ridiculed for significant content contributions to this site - whether you agree with the author or not.

Hey Junior :) 'pileing on'.

Nutz can handle himself.. 'a Giant doesn't need his midget ' in a street fight.

Scott Campbell
07-03-2008, 04:31 PM

Hey Junior :) 'pileing on'.

Nutz can handle himself.. 'a Giant doesn't need his midget ' in a street fight.

Woody, if you ever make a significant contribution to this site, I'll have your back too. Now run along, and say hello to the nice lady with your meds.

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 04:40 PM

We'll possibly and finally see 'just how smart' TT really is!?

Right now the ball is off the racket and spinning towords the net and sure appears on a flight into TT's court. TT may actually be forced to react under full and focused attention.

We certainly wish him well.

texaspackerbacker
07-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Let's NOT start up with the Jason Taylor crap.

Favre or no Favre, Taylor would not help the team.

And No, the ball is NOT off the racket. Nothing at all is proven to have happened. Hopefully, it is all rumors--and false. Until PROVEN otherwise, Thompson should keep the phone off the hook.

sheepshead
07-03-2008, 04:43 PM

Don't fucking read my shit, I am thrilled that an asshat like yourself disagrees with it, it must mean it is brilliant.

Is Brohm ready to start? Is that LSU QB ready to start? Again my point was in starting caliber QBs with my statement with Rodgers and Favre, it had nothing to do with the draft picks you moron.

Why don't you go check out Packerforum.com. I am sure they would enjoy your asshole nature. Go ahead and send me another PM begging me to leave you alone, it certainly not gonna happen, time to get your balls busted fucker.

I didnt start this, you did. After reading the absolute inane garbage that comes from your keyboard and that other cocksucker, i cant believe I listened to either of you morons in the first place. You need to start thinking about taking the entire pill at bedtime. This dose isn't working.

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 04:50 PM
STEP 1

You are the one with an extreme prejudice Woody. It's no secret you don't like Ted Thompson. It's no suprise you think that TT's franchise should be known as the Green Bay Favres. But facts are facts Woody. Favre changed his mind, not TT. Scott was merely pointing out that obvious fact, and you call him blind for it. Perhaps it's time to open your own eyes...

Far from being blind. I'm friging well straight in, and I'm a better person than is described with the word ' hate '.

In good Ole Canadian terms...

Frig off... Eh?

Scott Campbell
07-03-2008, 05:06 PM
You just gotta love it when Woody gets his Depends all up in a bunch.

:lol:

http://www.mikepirone.com/albums/People/grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud_001.jpg

MJZiggy
07-03-2008, 05:20 PM

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :worship: :worship:

RashanGary
07-03-2008, 05:24 PM
If I had to guess I'd say Favre is done in Green Bay. I don't think Thompson or McCarthy would welcome him back. I give both of them credit for doing teh right thing in their minds with no regard to whiny fans that stare at their television with googly eyes dreaming of the come back kid :roll: Pathetic.

sheepshead
07-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Brett's coming back to Green Bay.

The more I think about it, the more it sinks in as the only real possibility.

sheepshead
07-03-2008, 05:30 PM

You really just need to mind your business. This fuckface has it coming.

Harlan Huckleby
07-03-2008, 05:36 PM
I see a lot of wishful thinking. IF he plays, it's not going to be with GB.

Bretsky
07-03-2008, 05:55 PM
If I had to guess I'd say Favre is done in Green Bay. I don't think Thompson or McCarthy would welcome him back. I give both of them credit for doing teh right thing in their minds with no regard to whiny fans that stare at their television with googly eyes dreaming of the come back kid :roll: Pathetic.

TT should trade or release Favre; he does not want him. I think MM would welcome Favre back as I still think they are close.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-03-2008, 06:05 PM

Go ahead and send me another PM begging me to leave you alone, it certainly not gonna happen, time to get your balls busted fucker.

Now this just pisses me off. I thought i was the only special rat to receive one his little emails.

Scott Campbell
07-03-2008, 06:40 PM

I've got no problem with you ragging on Nutz the poster, but I'd appreciate if you'd lay off Nutz the Packer Rat Author. Zig has a hard enough time getting the Rats to contribute articles without you making it less attractive for people to do so. You'll have plenty of other opportunities to voice your displeasure with Nutz.

GBRulz
07-03-2008, 08:37 PM
I've got no problem with you ragging on Nutz the poster, but I'd appreciate if you'd lay off Nutz the Packer Rat Author. Zig has a hard enough time getting the Rats to contribute articles without you making it less attractive for people to do so. You'll have plenty of other opportunities to voice your displeasure with Nutz.

I think a lot more people would contribute stories if their ideas and thoughts about something weren't shot down or criticized.

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 08:43 PM
You just gotta love it when Woody gets his Depends all up in a bunch.

:lol:

http://www.mikepirone.com/albums/People/grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud_001.jpg

Point for you Scott.

:idea: Setpoint... woodbuck27

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 08:47 PM

I think a lot more people would contribute stories if their ideas and thoughts about something weren't shot down or criticized.

Well...well...well You've got to be an insider. :D

On mj's team. She even cut Favre. :roll:

Scott Campbell
07-03-2008, 09:06 PM

I'm sure MJ would happily publish your work - if someone would translate it into English.

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 09:13 PM

THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR. :roll:

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 09:15 PM

I'm sure MJ would happily publish your work - if someone would translate it into English.

Take a break pinch a wife.

MJZiggy
07-03-2008, 09:21 PM

Lay off Buck. I have a vested interest in this comment. PR authors are very special to me and I hate seeing their work shot up by people sitting on their asses watching from the sidelines.

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 09:30 PM

TT should trade or release Favre; he does not want him. I think MM would welcome Favre back as I still think they are close.

Release him.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-03-2008, 09:34 PM

Release him.

Idiot.

Deputy Nutz
07-03-2008, 09:35 PM

When you sent that sad pathetic pm to me, I agreed to give you your space on this forum. I haven't started shit with you since your little beg job. You have been nothing but a full of shit prick on this forum since you got here. You got your panties in a bunch when I yanked your chain the first time. Nobody needs or requires your crummy fuckwad attitude around here. Seriously I hardly ever tell someone to bug off the forum, but in all seriousness get the fuck out of here.

woodbuck27
07-03-2008, 09:36 PM

Lay off Buck. I have a vested interest in this comment. PR authors are very special to me and I hate seeing their work shot up by people sitting on their asses watching from the sidelines.

OK mj. revision:

mj... THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR.

Acceptable 'to YOU'?

Carolina_Packer
07-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Brett, if you still have the desire and can still do it, please come back. Packer management, please handle this well. He's your franchise guy and if you cause bad pub and bad blood because of the way you handle this, I think the fans will get on you big time. It's a difficult/delicate situation to handle, and I'd err on the side of letting him come back and compete for the starters job, and if he's got last year's talent still in him, he's still better than Rodgers as far as helping the team win. Hopefully Brett decides soon and hopefully he comes back to the Packers and doesn't get traded or released. That would be a bad situation. He should be a Packer until the ultimate end of his career.

bobblehead
07-04-2008, 02:21 AM

I believe he is incredibly confident that his is the best way to build a team...is that your definition of a huge ego? I guess he could be a mealy mouthed puss and just read this forum for his ideas.

I also think he has sunk more picks into OL than any other position (could be wrong) and it is the OL that made all those nice holes for grant in the second half and the same OL that kept favre all but untouched all season.

Yea, yea, I know, it was all grants running and favre quick release. College is awful (never mind he is light years ahead of wahle as a 3rd year player) and the other guard spot has rotated (effectively no less).

TT took an aging cap challenged team and in 3 years put it into overtime in the NFC championship game. If you think it was all favre that did that you weren't watching the 7-8 years prior to last year when we DIDN'T make it that far. Eventually you will be forced to swallow a bitter pill...he is smarter than most everyone else when it comes to building a football team.

Tarlam!
07-04-2008, 03:42 AM

Go ahead and send me another PM begging me to leave you alone, it certainly not gonna happen, time to get your balls busted fucker.

Now this just pisses me off. I thought i was the only special rat to receive one his little emails.

No, Tyrone, I got a few of them myself. Maybe i have one over you and Nutz, though.

Did Sheepdip beg Mad for you to stop harrassing him in a PM?

Seems like your dirty little secret is out Sheepdip. Talk it up all tough, but you really can't deal with a dispute, can you? Go ahead and PM me again. I can't wait to ignore it.

sheepshead
07-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Actually, I was privately asking him what your problem is. You seemed very very troubled. This is more than the sauce my friend. I'd get some assistance and lay low if I were you.

woodbuck27
07-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Brett's coming back to Green Bay.

The more I think about it, the more it sinks in as the only real possibility.

Yes... depended on communication with TT and their agreemeent. :)

Deputy Nutz
07-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Actually, I was privately asking him what your problem is. You seemed very very troubled. This is more than the sauce my friend. I'd get some assistance and lay low if I were you.

You telling Tarlam to lay low? What the fuck does that mean you confused Donkey? More of us here would rather listen to Tarlam ramble on about German engineering than have to read one more or your sarcastic posts where you honestly believe you know more about everything than anyone else. You know you should really walk your twat looking face into the Journal Sentinel and apply for a job as a Packer beat reporter, I sure you have the talent and the eye.

woodbuck27
07-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Brett, if you still have the desire and can still do it, please come back. Packer management, please handle this well. He's your franchise guy and if you cause bad pub and bad blood because of the way you handle this, I think the fans will get on you big time. It's a difficult/delicate situation to handle, and I'd err on the side of letting him come back and compete for the starters job, and if he's got last year's talent still in him, he's still better than Rodgers as far as helping the team win. Hopefully Brett decides soon and hopefully he comes back to the Packers and doesn't get traded or released. That would be a bad situation. He should be a Packer until the ultimate end of his career.

100% A+ :idea:

Packnut
07-04-2008, 08:33 AM

Well, we agree to disagree. Harrell was an ego pick no matter how the Thompson crowd wants to slice it. Out of the billion prognosticators, only one that I know of predicted that pick. When you combine Harrell's injury history dating back to HIGH SCHOOL, this was no doubt a "high risk" pick.

Now why does one make a high risk pick? The logical answer is to say "I'm smarter than everyone else". Thompson has proven he can evaluate talent so why did he miss so badly with Harrell? Ego plays a huge part in human behavior, especially at that level.

As for your comment about Teddy proven to be smarter than anyone else, again I would point to the Harrell pick. Missing on the 16th player taken in the draft is not "smart" but rather just plain dumb. I advocated taking either Bowe or Nelson. Both had outstanding rookie seasons and both will be above average players-that is a FACT already proven.

Right now Harrell is nothing more than a ?. His injury history tells us he'll never be on the field long enough to prove his worth...........

Note: The Nelson pick was fantastic and shows Teddy is the best GM on the planet when it comes to evaluating WR's. 8-)

sheepshead
07-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Interesting Take here: (I dont like loosing Rodgers however, but that's the thrust of his thinking)

Simple decision - Bring Favre back to Pack

By Tyler Dunne
tydunne07@yahoo.com
Posted Jul 3, 2008

If quarterback wants to continue football career, let him do so in Green Bay, says Packer Report's Tyler Dunne

Yes, Aaron Rodgers is 100 percent, sign/sealed/delivered ready to be the Green Bay Packers starting quarterback, but remember Brett Favre’s overtime teardrop bomb to Greg Jennings on MNF last year?

Yes, at some point the entire Packers franchise needs to move on – into a new era, with a new identity and a new quarterback, but remember Favre tossing three touchdowns inside a Lambeau snow globe against Seattle?

Yes, Rodgers could be a potential Pro Bowl quarterback. He’s the brainchild of the Ted Thompson/Mike McCarthy regime. The textbook fundamentals in the pocket. The field vision. And the get-out-of-my-way confidence. Love it. I had no problem with his Sports Illustrated comment. It’s his attitude – raw, a little cocky, bold. But gosh ... remember Favre slicing a missile of a slant pass to Jennings in the fourth quarter against San Diego to cap a thrilling comeback?

If Brett Favre had thrown 3,000 yards, 17 touchdowns, 28 picks and the Packers had missed the playoffs last season, this decision would be a cinch. Rodgers has been groomed within the system for this inheritance, and the Packers brass could politely turn down Favre.

But forces have collided for a Favre comeback and Thompson would be out of his mind to prevent it in any way, shape or form.

Much talk has focused on the fact that Wisconsin is a sitting duck about to be blasted by the storm of the century. Favre wants to come back and the Packers don’t want him. That’s the mutual feeling right now. One report says Thompson never tried to talk Favre out of retirement – a gesture the quarterback would have welcomed. Other reports say the Packers hope Favre values his legacy, front-office jargon for “stay away.”

The clouds are hovering, a light rain is drizzling and soon homes will be uplifted.

But it doesn’t have to be that way. Invite Favre back. It wouldn’t cause a locker room fiasco – Al Harris hinted at the Wednesday, saying he’d welcome him back. If Tom Brady hadn’t erupted in ’07, then Favre would have been named MVP. No team would ever consider releasing or trading a MVP player. No team would rid themselves of 4,155 yards and 28 touchdowns that easily.

He retires, and now wants to return? Let him. Imagine the energy and emotion that would instantly be pumped into the team. Imagine how quickly all of the young players would grow up even more. Imagine the decibel level of the last two years on Favre’s contract. Favre’s return instantly makes Green Bay a Super Bowl favorite.

What to do with A-Roj? The guy can’t catch a break. He’s a real-life Ben Stiller movie.

From that April ’05 draft day when Rodgers sat idly in the green room like a passenger at the airport whose flight kept getting delayed, to Wednesday, when he was probably wondering if he’s destined to be a backup for life. Favre has been a thorn in his side. Aaron Rodgers deserves better. He has seamlessly earned the respect of rookies and veterans alike over the past few weeks in OTAs and minicamps.

But Favre’s comeback changes everything. And one crafty draft pick turns his return into reality. Brian Brohm would have been a top 10 pick in ‘07 and the Packers got him at 56th overall. He isn’t Aaron Rodgers right now, but in two years, he could be. Maybe better. Brohm’s quick release and experience in a pro style offense at Louisville would suit him well as Favre’s new heir apparent. When Favre’s contract expires in two seasons, Brohm would be ready – much like Rodgers is now.

The Packers would have to trade Rodgers. Grant him the right to be a starting quarterback in the NFL, somewhere. Ideally not in Minnesota or Chicago but somewhere. Favre deserves to come back and Rodgers deserves to start. Appease to both, because Brohm makes it possible.

If all the Packers had behind Rodgers were Matt Flynn and Quinn Gray, saying au revoir Rodgers would be tough. But Brohm could be a future NFL star.

Thompson is the shot-caller for a franchise at a monumental crossroads.

Scott Favre, Brett’s brother, confirmed the actuality of the quarterback’s desire.

“I think it's 50-50,” said Scott Favre to WTMJ-TV. “There’s no doubt he can play. He's in good shape, he’s working out, we know he can still play, he’s healthy, so, if he did, it wouldn't surprise me.”

Favre’s “it’s all rumor” text message to the Biloxi Sun Herald isn’t exactly a watershed to the media frenzy that turned the entire state of Wisconsin upside down Wednesday, either. It’s not exactly a refute to the ESPN hullabaloo. Think of it simply as a “we’re talking behind closed doors” comment.

Face it Ted, Brett Favre is the Packers and the Packers are Brett Favre.

But more than that, you don’t release or trade a player that just finished second in the MVP voting, made the Pro Bowl and was SI’s Sportsman of the Year. He isn’t Troy Aikman or Dan Marino. This Hall-of-Fame duo combined for 19 touchdowns and 31 interceptions in their injury-shortened final season.

So it took a few months of lonely fishing and boring lawn-mowing, but Favre’s realizing something. He’s healthy. He’s at the top of his game. And the Packers are a Super Bowl contender.

The savvy selection of Brohm should tip the first domino on a keep-Favre, trade-Rodgers scenario. Thompson shouldn’t fret over Favre’s desire to return. His “draft the best player available” philosophy has been executed to perfection.

It’d be asinine – and the worst decision in Packers history – to dispose of Favre like T.J. Rubley.

If Favre indeed wants to come back, Thompson’s decision is a lot easier than it seems.

Tarlam!
07-04-2008, 09:26 AM

Well Sheepdip, maybe you were concerned about my health and Mad is a dumb Mexican that politely asked me to get off your case out of him being too stupid to get your true message.

You need to know, though, Mad aint dumb, though he is Mexican. And he won't be saving your shitty little behind in future. And you can continue to bash my "sauce" problem all you want, Sheepdip, but when I am dry, I'll have fixed my problems. You have issues that you have no idea where to start fixing.

Do you even have a single friend on here? Does anybody here care if you come and go?

Tarlam!
07-04-2008, 09:42 AM

Nice sentiments, but, that's all they are. Sentiments. This is the NFL. No place for being sentimental. I want management to make a call tht will get us the SB title next season and every other season. I do not give a toss about a man that was paid 750 k per game feeling shitty.

Sorry, we paid Brett everything he was worth and then, on top of paying him what 15 Packerrats earn annually per friggin' 3,25 week period based on an annual calculation, we loved him. We adored him. We whorshipped (ever wonder why the word whore is almost in whorship?) the very ground he walked on.

Still, it'd be nice to see him play against Atlanta.

gbgary
07-04-2008, 10:00 AM
if Brett wants to play another year...fine. :? you let him. if Rodgers doesn't like it but will hang...fine. if he wants to be traded...trade him. they love Brohm so they make him #2 behind Brett. MM is another year smarter and if Brett can, at least, play as well as last year they'll have a shot.

shit! i don't think i really believe everything i just wrote.

ok...if Brett wants to play another year give him his release and let's move on. we'll know soon enough if Rodgers "has it".

shit! i don't think i really believe everything i just wrote.

:shock:

:?

Tarlam!
07-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Why, Gary? Why do they let him? They put him under contract so long that he would retire a Packer. Tell me, Gary, why should the club let him play for, say, the Queens?? Why exactly?

Carolina_Packer
07-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Here's the thing. If Brett had announced late last season that he was going to play another year at least, I think everyone would have been on board with it (or most here). Why not? He had a great season overall. The only difference I see is his timing; having had announced his retirement at a press conference. Him coming back doesn't diminish my first point that people would have been OK with him declaring he's still going to play. So, if you don't want him back, it's basically saying you're bothered by the way he's handled thing with the retirement presser and now possibly coming back. Bottom line, if he can still do it and win, who cares if he had a press conference and is now wavering again. Once he gets on the field and performs (hopefully at the same high level), nobody will care what transpired before.

gbgary
07-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Why, Gary? Why do they let him? They put him under contract so long that he would retire a Packer. Tell me, Gary, why should the club let him play for, say, the Queens?? Why exactly?

Brett being a drama queen made me post what i did. my post was intended to throw some indecision, some sarcasm, some subtle humor on the subject. i could have typed a couple more options such as the Pack could play hard-ball with him and appear petty over his antics...or trade him for a blocking sled or whatever someone would be willing to sacrifice to get 40 year old HOFer. honestly though, i love and respect Brett as much as anyone but was ready for him to retire two or three years ago. last year was the cherry on top. the meal is over and we've had or naps. i've posted several times that i'm ready for the Pack to move on with Rodgers, or whoever, and am excited for the season to start. we've got a ton of young talented players and it's been a long time since we've gone into a season with such anticipation.

swede
07-04-2008, 05:20 PM
I voted for Brett playing for another team. But I don't think it will be game 1 of this season.

Someday somebody's gonna have a QB injury screw up a promising season and they'll call TT and get permission to talk to Brett about a deal. Why wouldn't TT take a 2nd or 3rd round pick off some AFC or even an NFC team from another division and allow Brett to play?

Reggie White's image was not tarnished by playing with Carolina after he retired. I'll still love Brett if he goes to Atlanta after their QB blows out an ACL.

TT would never release or trade to a division rival. That aint happening.

Happy 4th of July everybody. Y'all seem a little tense. Training camp is gonna be fun. Gotta be less than 30 days away, right? :D

the_idle_threat
07-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Mad aint dumb, though he is Mexican.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure you didn't mean this the way it sounds, Tar.

Harlan Huckleby
07-04-2008, 10:55 PM
I voted for Brett playing for another team. But I don't think it will be game 1 of this season.

Someday somebody's gonna have a QB injury screw up a promising

Starting QBs don't go down in the preseason that often, ya I know there are exceptions.

I think Favre is valuable to a team NOW because he is available for a full training camp.

PackerPro42
07-05-2008, 12:01 AM
I feel that Brett will stay retired, but if he does come out of retirement I'd like to think that he would play for the Packers. I just can't see Favre foiling his legacy as one of the best QB's, or at least one of the most liked QB's, by pulling some pussy ass shit and playing for another team.

Tarlam!
07-05-2008, 04:19 AM
Mad aint dumb, though he is Mexican.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure you didn't mean this the way it sounds, Tar.

Is what I wrote a bad thing? Sorry, Mad, if that was in any way insulting. Idle is correct, I meant absolutely no harm by it!!

twoseven
07-05-2008, 06:28 AM
You innocently implied that all Mexicans are dumb. No harm no foul. They are smart enough to log on to this site and read your insult. :D

I kid, I kid.

Tarlam!
07-05-2008, 06:40 AM
You innocently implied that all Mexicans are dumb. No harm no foul. They are smart enough to log on to this site and read your insult. :D

I kid, I kid.

So, by this post of yours, you are suggesting Mexicans are not dumb! :shock:

Mad, I am kidding. Put down the gun, I swear, I was kidding.

Why is there a knock at my door.... I hear what i think is Spanish outside.....

twoseven
07-05-2008, 06:53 AM

I kid, I kid.

So, by this post of yours, you are suggesting Mexicans are not dumb! :shock: .....No, you did..didn't you..I didn't..did I? You know that I know that you know that you brought it up. I just agreed with whatever it is you typed. Sneaky German trying to pull a fast one on me when I am neutral like the Swiss. I'm not worried about offending Mad. It takes a smart(ass) person to figure out my humor and my logic, most days...and I know karate.

Tarlam!
07-05-2008, 07:36 AM

I kid, I kid.

So, by this post of yours, you are suggesting Mexicans are not dumb! :shock: .....No, you did..didn't you..I didn't..did I? You know that I know that you know that you brought it up. I just agreed with whatever it is you typed. Sneaky German trying to pull a fast one on me when I am neutral like the Swiss. I'm not worried about offending Mad. It takes a smart(ass) person to figure out my humor and my logic, most days...and I know karate.

OK 27, I buy you are just messin'. But, tell me, why am I now more afraid of being gang banged by Mad than banged by Harlan? This is clearly all your fault and you need to be in Green Bay in October to protect me.

sheepshead
07-05-2008, 08:51 AM

Well Sheepdip, maybe you were concerned about my health and Mad is a dumb Mexican that politely asked me to get off your case out of him being too stupid to get your true message.

You need to know, though, Mad aint dumb, though he is Mexican. And he won't be saving your shitty little behind in future. And you can continue to bash my "sauce" problem all you want, Sheepdip, but when I am dry, I'll have fixed my problems. You have issues that you have no idea where to start fixing.

Do you even have a single friend on here? Does anybody here care if you come and go?

My fiances' father is first generation Mexican American. You sir are one deeply sick human.

MadtownPacker
07-05-2008, 12:34 PM
You have to forgive Tarlam for his weak attempt at racial humor. He grew up in Australia eating kangaroos and marmite while getting his ass kicked by Aborigine girls in school. Of course he is gonna be a little bitter.

Deputy Nutz
07-05-2008, 01:10 PM

My fiances' father is first generation Mexican American. You sir are one deeply sick human.

Well my third cousin's best friend of a neighborhood friend once kissed a mexican and she was no longer allowed at family functions. That just won't cut it.

Anyways, I have to give this woman of yours all the blessings in the world for wanting to marry such a severe prick like yourself.

Sheepshit's lady: "do you like your dinner that I made special for you?"

Sheepshit: "It was real good, too bad I wasted five minutes of my life eating it and listening to you tell me about your day, but other than that it was fine."

Sheepshit's lady: "It was the best I could do, and I did it because I love you."

Sheepshit: "Do you try to poison everyone you love. Total waste of time, and you're boring."

Tell your father in law that he has my sympathy.

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 01:16 PM

Well my third cousin's best friend of a nieghborhood friend once kissed a mexican and she was no longer allowed at family functions. That just won't cut it.

I had fuzzy dice once - is that why I like quesadilla's?

Deputy Nutz
07-05-2008, 01:18 PM

Well my third cousin's best friend of a nieghborhood friend once kissed a mexican and she was no longer allowed at family functions. That just won't cut it.

I had fuzzy dice once - is that why I like quesadilla's?

Did you have you're girlfriends panties, or garter belt hanging from your dash as well?

Tarlam!
07-05-2008, 05:51 PM
You sir are one deeply sick human.

Fuck me, you are really slow. It has taken you this long to figure out? Every poster on here knows this and most have posted it. Unlike you, fucktard, it didn't take very long for the rest of the clan.

And if you are insinuating I was insulting any Mexican other than Mad, you are not very gifted at reading the English language. And, fucker, Mad knows me. Personally. If he smacks me, it will be in Green Bay. Personally.

Nobody around here knows you. Who the fuck are you? And, what is that stench that you bring with you??

Tarlam!
07-05-2008, 06:00 PM
He grew up in Australia eating kangaroos and marmite while getting his ass kicked by Aborigine girls in school. Of course he is gonna be a little bitter.

This is only 95% true. I wouldn't touch Marmite with sheepdip's penis. I wouldn't!

Marmite is a product my old company produced and it tastes like ground ants.

My product, the product of true Aussies is called Vegemite. It is made these days by Kraft. It probably also tastes like ground ants, but, it has a much nicer after taste.

I also had to fight the neighbors dog to get any 'roo meat. I probably would have been shot dead by Joe Horn for doing so in Texas. I kid you not, boys and girls. 'Roo meat tastes unbelievable, but we only fed it to dogs when I was a lad. These days it's different.

Oh, I did have my ass kicked in school by aboriginal girls. Often. That part is true.

MJZiggy
07-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks, sweet, but I'll stick with peanut butter. Blech. Vegemite tastes like ground grass that they forgot to rinse the fertilizer off of first...

twoseven
07-05-2008, 06:22 PM
..I said do ya speaka my language..he just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich..and he said ohhhh, you come from the land down unda

Tarlam!
07-05-2008, 06:26 PM
..I said do ya speaka my language..he just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich..and he said ohhhh, you come from the land down unda

Yes. Exactly.