PDA

View Full Version : Why Rodgers Will Fail and Why Favre Needs to Come Back

Tankduke
07-04-2008, 08:45 PM
So I was AWOL for awhile and decided to log back on with my PackFan#1 account, but for some reason I can’t. So I decided to start this one.

There’s a reason Aaron Rodgers had to wait 5 hours for his name to be called, and that reason is he’s mediocre. One might argue that Favre was a 2nd round pick. But the 2005 qb draft class was weak. No one from that class is having a hall of fame career. In a better year, Rodgers would’ve been a 4th or 5th round pick.

You heard it here first: Rodgers will fail. If he’s not a career backup, he will be out of the league in 3-4 years. Rodgers should be grateful backing up Favre. As long as he’s not being exposed, the paychecks will keep coming in. Start Rodgers and you have Tim Couch all over again.

Rodgers still has 2 years left in his contract. Let him show what he’s made off in his contract year (next year). Suppose that Rodgers actually gives some one other than Thompson a hard on with his play (doubtful), the Packers can always lock him up with the franchise tag.

3/4 of the teams in the NFL would rather have the 38 years old Favre starting for them than the bums they currently have.

Ted Thompson, the definition of egoism and incompetence, drove Favre into an “early” retirement in March. Now Thompson, the definition of egoism and incompetence, is refusing to welcome Favre back. And the legend is holding his arms wide open for Thompson to crawl into!!! Talk about egoism and incompetence!!!

If the Packers want to win Super Bowl 43, they need Brett Favre. Rodgers is not going to lead the Packers to the Super Bowl. Not this year. Not next year. Never.

The opportunity to actually win the SB (not just dream about it) doesn’t come around very often. Will Thompson let it go to waste?

Lurker64
07-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Maybe we can get Joey Harrington. He's supposed to take us to the promised land, right?

oregonpackfan
07-04-2008, 09:31 PM
I don't think Rodgers will "fail." As I have posted in other threads, I think the Packers' offense may sputter during the first half of the season. You don't replace your starting, HOF quarterback of 16 straight years and expect the offense to hum along as efficiently as before.

I think Rodgers will definitely be a better QB the second half of the season. Even if Rodgers is just "adequate" I think the Packers can go 10-6, win the NFC North division, and make it to the second round of the playoffs.

PlantPage55
07-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Is that Grandmaster B as your avatar?

motife
07-04-2008, 10:00 PM
I appreciate your thoughts Tank. They are often insightful, even though I may not agree.

Mike McCarthy is more than happy with Rodgers, and his play in the Dallas game was superb. Decision making, accuracy, velocity, and running skills.

With McCarthy, Brett Favre had a better passer rating than he'd had since 1996. The only year close was 2001.

McCarthy made Aaron Brooks almost a Pro Bowl quality talent in New Orleans, until Brooks got the big head.

Here's a quote concerning Favre's 2007 season :

"Favre probably wouldn't have played as well in 2008 and he did in '07. He faded late in the year in each of the last three years. The INT against the Giants was horrific; in fact, his last five series were horrific. Not a very good sign for the future. He folded in the extreme cold twice in a month."

Rodgers "is no rooke QB" according to almost everyone in the locker room.

His strengths are his grasp of the offense, his perceived abilty to play within it, arm strength, confidence and running ability.

No one will know until the games are played. If he keeps turnovers low, he should do fine. It's a gamble, but I agree with Harry Sydney. Enough Favre mind games.

privatepacker
07-04-2008, 10:18 PM
I just finished watching the playoff game against Seattle. Wanted to look at maybe the best game I saw Favre in last year. That game I'm not sure Rodgers could have brought the team back from being 14 points down. MM called a great game and there were some individual efforts that were outstanding including Favres'. Outside of that, I think Rodgers will keep this team on track. The defense especially against the pass was marginal to me. If Atari wasn't hitting like a madman then many more passes would have been completed by Hasslebeck. Lots of drops due to some big hits. The two DBs that looked bad were Collins and Walker. Have to see the Giant game if those two stunk it up again.
Anyway, I think Rodgers will run the offense like MM wants and take a few shots downfield when they come. He may not be all pro next year but maybe the year after.

The Shadow
07-04-2008, 10:33 PM
So I was AWOL for awhile and decided to log back on with my PackFan#1 account, but for some reason I can’t. So I decided to start this one.

There’s a reason Aaron Rodgers had to wait 5 hours for his name to be called, and that reason is he’s mediocre. One might argue that Favre was a 2nd round pick. But the 2005 qb draft class was weak. No one from that class is having a hall of fame career. In a better year, Rodgers would’ve been a 4th or 5th round pick.

You heard it here first: Rodgers will fail. If he’s not a career backup, he will be out of the league in 3-4 years. Rodgers should be grateful backing up Favre. As long as he’s not being exposed, the paychecks will keep coming in. Start Rodgers and you have Tim Couch all over again.

Rodgers still has 2 years left in his contract. Let him show what he’s made off in his contract year (next year). Suppose that Rodgers actually gives some one other than Thompson a hard on with his play (doubtful), the Packers can always lock him up with the franchise tag.

3/4 of the teams in the NFL would rather have the 38 years old Favre starting for them than the bums they currently have.

Ted Thompson, the definition of egoism and incompetence, drove Favre into an “early” retirement in March. Now Thompson, the definition of egoism and incompetence, is refusing to welcome Favre back. And the legend is holding his arms wide open for Thompson to crawl into!!! Talk about egoism and incompetence!!!

If the Packers want to win Super Bowl 43, they need Brett Favre. Rodgers is not going to lead the Packers to the Super Bowl. Not this year. Not next year. Never.

The opportunity to actually win the SB (not just dream about it) doesn’t come around very often. Will Thompson let it go to waste?

13-3

gex
07-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Jesus is droppimg hints that he might want to come back and save us peons, but all the HATERS say is "no thanks we are moving on without you with our science and technology" Don't listen to the HATERS, the selfish ones, the what have you done for me lately crowd. They seem to be the same one's always obsessed with THIS IS MY MONEY, ME,ME.ME. Favre gave everything he could for this franchise year in and year out, the MAN deserves better than the me,me,me, peons saying what they are saying.
Trade Aaron so he can start somewhere if you think he deserves it. You HATERS will be the first caliing for his head when things dont go so well anyways. NO sense of loyalty, fkn neo-cons. :!:

Brando19
07-05-2008, 12:09 AM
Jesus is droppimg hints that he might want to come back and save us peons, but all the HATERS say is "no thanks we are moving on without you with our science and technology" Don't listen to the HATERS, the selfish ones, the what have you done for me lately crowd. They seem to be the same one's always obsessed with THIS IS MY MONEY, ME,ME.ME. Favre gave everything he could for this franchise year in and year out, the MAN deserves better than the me,me,me, peons saying what they are saying.
Trade Aaron so he can start somewhere if you think he deserves it. You HATERS will be the first caliing for his head when things dont go so well anyways. NO sense of loyalty, fkn neo-cons. :!:
I get what you're trying to say, but don't ever compare Favre to Jesus. That's just stupid. Jesus gave his life for EVERYONE....Favre won football games for millions of dollars. Again, I understand what you're trying to say, but the Jesus reference is not comparable.

FritzDontBlitz
07-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Funny thread.

I have never understood the sentiment about running your franchise QB out of town just because you wanna get a look at the new guy you spent a #1 pick on, especially when the franchise didn't miss a game in 17 years while the #1 pick can't even go 4 quarters without being hurt. I also don't understand the idea that the franchise QB doesn't have a right to change his mind and want to give it another year. If the franchise was exhibiting declining skills it would make sense, but since he led the team to the NFC Championship last season, why can't he come back and give it one more shot? I don't understand why he ever retired from an up and coming team that was only one game away in the first place. Its only natural that the "what if's" would begin to set in after the sting of losing to the eventual Super Bowl champs began to subside.

We still don't know if the rumors are even true, but if Brett wants to come back I say let him. Or, think about the prospect that he DOES come back, TT gives him his walking papers, he's signed by the Bears and you are forced to watch Brian Urlacher dismember A-Rod the toothpick QB twice this season while Mr. Durability leads Chicago to the Super Bowl. If he comes back and gets his release from TT that's a distinct possibility.

You may begin your flaming now.

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 01:15 AM
\I have never understood the sentiment about running your franchise QB out of town .......

Say what???? Favre wasn't run out of town.

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 05:27 AM
Maybe we can get Joey Harrington. He's supposed to take us to the promised land, right?

...In the year after Favre. Favre is not officially retired. Thompson wanted to be like Jerry Krause, so he did something that hasn't been done in professional sport since Krause forced MJ out : the polar bear a put player on the inactive/retired list when that players is still playing at a high level.

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 05:33 AM
I appreciate your thoughts Tank. They are often insightful, even though I may not agree.

Mike McCarthy is more than happy with Rodgers, and his play in the Dallas game was superb. Decision making, accuracy, velocity, and running skills.

With McCarthy, Brett Favre had a better passer rating than he'd had since 1996. The only year close was 2001.

McCarthy made Aaron Brooks almost a Pro Bowl quality talent in New Orleans, until Brooks got the big head.

Here's a quote concerning Favre's 2007 season :

"Favre probably wouldn't have played as well in 2008 and he did in '07. He faded late in the year in each of the last three years. The INT against the Giants was horrific; in fact, his last five series were horrific. Not a very good sign for the future. He folded in the extreme cold twice in a month."

Rodgers "is no rooke QB" according to almost everyone in the locker room.

His strengths are his grasp of the offense, his perceived abilty to play within it, arm strength, confidence and running ability.

No one will know until the games are played. If he keeps turnovers low, he should do fine. It's a gamble, but I agree with Harry Sydney. Enough Favre mind games.

Motfie, the Dallas gm was an aberration. The Cowboys didn't game plan for Rodgers, so he made a few plays here and there with his feet. Rodgers had a chance to win that game at one point, which he failed miserably.

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 05:40 AM
Ted Thompson, the definition of egoism and incompetence

13-3

Bleeping up the Moss situation. That was Thompson's definition of egoism and incompetence for the 2007 season.

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 05:44 AM
I just finished watching the playoff game against Seattle. Wanted to look at maybe the best game I saw Favre in last year. That game I'm not sure Rodgers could have brought the team back from being 14 points down. MM called a great game and there were some individual efforts that were outstanding including Favres'. Outside of that, I think Rodgers will keep this team on track. The defense especially against the pass was marginal to me. If Atari wasn't hitting like a madman then many more passes would have been completed by Hasslebeck. Lots of drops due to some big hits. The two DBs that looked bad were Collins and Walker. Have to see the Giant game if those two stunk it up again.
Anyway, I think Rodgers will run the offense like MM wants and take a few shots downfield when they come. He may not be all pro next year but maybe the year after.

Rodgers an all pro? lol.

Brooks Bollinger will be an all pro before Aaron Rodgers.

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 05:46 AM
Funny thread.

I have never understood the sentiment about running your franchise QB out of town just because you wanna get a look at the new guy you spent a #1 pick on, especially when the franchise didn't miss a game in 17 years while the #1 pick can't even go 4 quarters without being hurt. I also don't understand the idea that the franchise QB doesn't have a right to change his mind and want to give it another year. If the franchise was exhibiting declining skills it would make sense, but since he led the team to the NFC Championship last season, why can't he come back and give it one more shot? I don't understand why he ever retired from an up and coming team that was only one game away in the first place. Its only natural that the "what if's" would begin to set in after the sting of losing to the eventual Super Bowl champs began to subside.

We still don't know if the rumors are even true, but if Brett wants to come back I say let him. Or, think about the prospect that he DOES come back, TT gives him his walking papers, he's signed by the Bears and you are forced to watch Brian Urlacher dismember A-Rod the toothpick QB twice this season while Mr. Durability leads Chicago to the Super Bowl. If he comes back and gets his release from TT that's a distinct possibility.

You may begin your flaming now.

Good post.

Tarlam!
07-05-2008, 05:47 AM
How many times do we need to ban this freak before he finally gets lost?

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 05:48 AM
\I have never understood the sentiment about running your franchise QB out of town .......

You're delusional.

Patler
07-05-2008, 05:50 AM
Motfie, the Dallas gm was an aberration. The Cowboys didn't game plan for Rodgers, so he made a few plays here and there with his feet. Rodgers had a chance to win that game at one point, which he failed miserably.

Of course you are also ignoring that the Packers also did not game plan for using Rodgers. Perhaps when they do they will be better able to use his skills even when the defense knows he will play.

The impact of game planning goes both ways.

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 05:59 AM

Of course you are also ignoring that the Packers also did not game plan for using Rodgers. Perhaps when they do they will be better able to use his skills even when the defense knows he will play.

What skills? Rodgers doesn't have a strong arm and he's not that accurate. In the Dallas game, he didn't do anything spectacular with his arm; his receivers, particularly Jennings, made him look good.

Patler
07-05-2008, 06:17 AM

What skills? Rodgers doesn't have a strong arm and he's not that accurate. In the Dallas game, he didn't do anything spectacular with his arm; his receivers, particularly Jennings, made him look good.

You mentioned making plays with his feet, his claim to fame in college was exceptional accuracy, his receivers have described a strong arm, but none of that relates to my point that you are looking at only half of the equation.

Even if you assume he has no skills (which of course is absurd for any draft pick let alone a first round draft pick) his performance can be maximized when the Packers game plan takes into consideration that he will be playing.

I will repeat, the impact of game planning goes both ways. You can't argue the opponents side of the game planning issue without considering the same from the Packers perspective. The opponents will game plan to stop a Packer team lead by Rodgers, and the Packers will game plan for offensive success with the team being run by Rodgers. The ultimate outcome may be decided by who uses their resources more successfully.

Fred's Slacks
07-05-2008, 07:49 AM

Our receivers made those type of plays all year. Maybe they made Favre look good?

motife
07-05-2008, 08:52 AM
What skills? Rodgers doesn't have a strong arm and he's not that accurate..

John Clayton ESPN 06/18/08 :

Rodgers has a very strong arm. He's had the strong arm since he's been in Green Bay. The football explodes off his hand on each throw in practice. Teammates have noticed it for years because they work with or against him in practice.

GB players on Rodgers arm strength :

Watching Packers minicamp without Favre, it's impossible not to notice how impressive Rodgers looks now that No. 12 runs the offense. He has a smooth, polished retreat from center. His feet are in good position for each throw out of three- and five-step drops.

And then you take notice. His right arm sets up naturally, and the ball comes out unnaturally fast. He doesn't possess an old Randy Johnson fastball, but, in baseball terms, his 6-2 body throws the fastball of a 6-5 pitcher. Sticking to baseball comparisons, Rodgers might not generate 99 or 100 mph on the radar gun, but he'd consistently hit 94 and 95, and sometimes 96.

"He has a cannon," wide receiver Greg Jennings said. "We call him the 'Human Jugs Machine.' He throws it like a Jugs machine every time.

"He can make every throw on the football field, and his deep ball is one of the prettiest. Brett had a great deep ball, but Aaron has a beautiful one."

Jennings said there are some throws Rodgers makes that have more velocity than Favre's. As a young receiver, Jennings can only speak about Favre in his later years. "We knew that coming in that Aaron throws a lot harder, so it's not a surprise," the third-year Packer said.

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 09:05 AM

You mentioned making plays with his feet, his claim to fame in college was exceptional accuracy, his receivers have described a strong arm, but none of that relates to my point that you are looking at only half of the equation.

Even if you assume he has no skills (which of course is absurd for any draft pick let alone a first round draft pick) his performance can be maximized when the Packers game plan takes into consideration that he will be playing.

I will repeat, the impact of game planning goes both ways. You can't argue the opponents side of the game planning issue without considering the same from the Packers perspective. The opponents will game plan to stop a Packer team lead by Rodgers, and the Packers will game plan for offensive success with the team being run by Rodgers. The ultimate outcome may be decided by who uses their resources more successfully.

Many no skills qbs have been drafted higher than Rodgers in the past. Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, to name a few.

Game planing against a Rodgers led Packer team is as easy as ABC. 8 men in the box on early downs, blitz Rodgers into the stone age on obvious passing downs.

Favre doesn't need the Packers, the Packers need Favre.

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Many no skills qbs have been drafted higher than Rodgers in the past. Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, to name a few.

.......Joey Harrington...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

sheepshead
07-05-2008, 09:10 AM

Game planing against a Rodgers led Packer team is as easy as ABC. 8 men in the box on early downs, blitz Rodgers into the stone age on obvious passing downs.

Favre doesn't need the Packers, the Packers need Favre.

These guys had skills, Leaf was very talented--they lacked it between the ears.

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 09:11 AM
What skills? Rodgers doesn't have a strong arm and he's not that accurate..

Rodgers has a very strong arm. He's had the strong arm since he's been in Green Bay. The football explodes off his hand on each throw in practice. Teammates have noticed it for years because they work with or against him in practice.

GB players on Rodgers arm strength :

Watching Packers minicamp without Favre, it's impossible not to notice how impressive Rodgers looks now that No. 12 runs the offense. He has a smooth, polished retreat from center. His feet are in good position for each throw out of three- and five-step drops.

And then you take notice. His right arm sets up naturally, and the ball comes out unnaturally fast. He doesn't possess an old Randy Johnson fastball, but, in baseball terms, his 6-2 body throws the fastball of a 6-5 pitcher. Sticking to baseball comparisons, Rodgers might not generate 99 or 100 mph on the radar gun, but he'd consistently hit 94 and 95, and sometimes 96.

"He has a cannon," wide receiver Greg Jennings said. "We call him the 'Human Jugs Machine.' He throws it like a Jugs machine every time.

"He can make every throw on the football field, and his deep ball is one of the prettiest. Brett had a great deep ball, but Aaron has a beautiful one."

Jennings said there are some throws Rodgers makes that have more velocity than Favre's. As a young receiver, Jennings can only speak about Favre in his later years. "We knew that coming in that Aaron throws a lot harder, so it's not a surprise," the third-year Packer said.

All talk and no action. I've seen every Rodgers pass he threw in the few games he managed not to be injured. The guy is a bit above Brooks Bollinger when it comes to arm strength.

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 09:16 AM
The guy is a bit above Brooks Bollinger when it comes to arm strength.

Jennings contends he throws it a bit harder than Favre.

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 09:19 AM
All talk and no action.

Well, you do realize he's been asked by the Packers to carry a clipboard for 3 years. How much action were you expecting?

I think many players would have squawked a lot more about riding the pine for that long. Aaron stayed pretty quiet.

mraynrand
07-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Tank,

I think Bill Schroeder is a better pro WR than Jordy Nelson and you can't prove me wrong. Get the point?

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Tank,

I think Bill Schroeder is a better pro WR than Jordy Nelson and you can't prove me wrong. Get the point?

I see your Bill Schroeder, and raise you a Michael Huff.

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 09:34 AM

.......Joey Harrington...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Harrington is a guy who has the skills in the world but has always been cursed with supporting casts that aren't worth a shitload.

Put Harrington on the current Packer, plus Moss (shouldve been a Packer but you know the definition of Thompson), and he'll lead the Pack to a SB victory (plus 3 or 4 more).

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Put Harrington on the current Packer,........

Excellent idea Tank, but I doubt he could be pried away from his current team. :roll:

And you say Rodgers has a weak arm?

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 09:39 AM

Jennings was just being nice to ARod. What was he supposed to say? Rodgers lacks arm strength (or he has a so and so arm), and then face the possibility of not having another pass thrown his way again, not even when he's as open as the infinite universe?

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 09:42 AM

Jennings was just being nice to ARod. What was he supposed to say?

He didn't have to say anything at all Tank. And can someone with what you perceive to be Rodgers marginal talent really afford to not throw to someone as talented as Jennings anyway? Regardless of what he says?

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 09:46 AM
All talk and no action.

Well, you do realize he's been asked by the Packers to carry a clipboard for 3 years. How much action were you expecting?

I think many players would have squawked a lot more about riding the pine for that long. Aaron stayed pretty quiet.

Do you realize that Rodgers has been injured more than the guy named Injury Prone?

If Rodgers were holding the clipboard for a HS or College team, then he can complain all he wants. But we're talking about the NFL. This guy is getting paid 7 or 8 figures just to hold a clipboard, so he needs to stfu and let a the better qb play (favre).

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Do you realize that Rodgers has been injured more than the guy named Injury Prone?

Did I ever say he wasn't?

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 09:50 AM
.........so he needs to stfu and let a the better qb play (favre).

I thought you just complained about his lack of action? Make up your mind. Do you want him to stfu, or do you want action?

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Tank,

Schroeder was 6'4" and ran the 40 in 4.3 seconds. Nelson is 6'3" and runs the 40 in 4.6 seconds. I'll take Schroeder in his prime over Nelson any day.

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 09:59 AM
.........so he needs to stfu and let a the better qb play (favre).

I thought you just complained about his lack of action? Make up your mind. Do you want him to stfu, or do you want action?

On a second thought, I guess its better to have Arod act than stfu up. Rodgers needs to kiss Favre's ass and go tell that incompetent whore of a Polar Bear that Favre gives the Packers there best shot at winning the SB, and therefore thompson needs to either resign or reinsert favre as starting qb.

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Schroeder was 6'4" and ran the 40 in 4.3 seconds. Nelson is 6'3" and runs the 40 in 4.6 seconds.

By that logic we should be giving Jerry Rice's Hall of Fame slot to Willie Gault.

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Schroeder was 6'4" and ran the 40 in 4.3 seconds. Nelson is 6'3" and runs the 40 in 4.6 seconds.

By that logic we should be giving Jerry Rice's Hall of Fame slot to Willie Gault.

No one is saying Schroeder should be in the NFL HOF.

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 10:06 AM

But you are assuming Shroeder is better than Nelson based on 2 of the most rudimentary combine numbers.

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 10:18 AM

But you are assuming Shroeder is better than Nelson based on 2 of the most rudimentary combine numbers.

Schroeder is better than Nelson. Time will prove me right.

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 10:20 AM

You better hope time is kinder to you on this one than it was on all the others.

:lol:

Brando19
07-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Who cares about 40 times? Greg Jennings is one of the best WR's in the NFL and I don't think he had the best 40. Justin Gatlin can't make an NFL team and he's a world class sprinter. Combine times are thrown out the window when you get on that field with pads. Let's not debate Nelson until after the first couple games.

cheesner
07-05-2008, 10:26 AM

Time will tell - as you say.

What is your track record though? What other players did you support?
Harrington, Huff, and Schroeder? 2 failures and a marginal player. Who else?

mraynrand
07-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Tank,

Schroeder was 6'4" and ran the 40 in 4.3 seconds. Nelson is 6'3" and runs the 40 in 4.6 seconds. I'll take Schroeder in his prime over Nelson any day.

You didn't get the point. Oh, well. Now my depression has deepened. Perhaps another session with John Holmes, MD, PhD. will be necessary.

Packerarcher
07-05-2008, 02:20 PM
It's ok Tank I agree with you,Hangnail Rodgers will lead the Packers right down the shitter. Actually we will not have to worry about Rodgers being the reason the Packers have a terrible season. I don't think he will make it past game 5 without getting hurt.

FritzDontBlitz
07-05-2008, 03:13 PM

I never said he was run out of town, and I don't agree with the idea that TT did such a thing. What I was referring to is the sentiment of many on this board and in the media. Even during last season a lot of people were saying that Favre's time had passed and its time to give A-Rod a shot. I happen to like the job TT has done so far, even though I think the loss of Favre will turn a 13-3 team into a 10-6 team because of what Brett brought to the position.

A-Rod will probably be good enough to run the offense, but I just don't see the durability it takes to survive the physical beating a QB has to endure nowadays. Even if Favre does return I feel it would be insane to trade A-Rod because unless Brohm has a kickass preseason Aaron would still the 2nd best QB on the roster. Who knows? Maybe Favre does return and gets injured and we end up with A-Rod anyway. Maybe a three QB rotation of A-Rod, Brohm and Flynn would work but I'd rather see the stability at the position we've had for the past 17 years.

I've been away for a while so I apologize if my musings seem a bit scrambled. I gotta get back up to speed.

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 03:21 PM

I never said he was run out of town, and I don't agree with the idea that TT did such a thing.

Sorry - my mistake.

Deputy Nutz
07-05-2008, 03:42 PM

Can you honestly leave us alone here at Packerrats. We have kicked you out. It seems you are unwanted. Packerrats is like your father, we just want you to leave us alone.

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 04:46 PM
My dad wants me to leave him alone? Lol. Father of mine:

Daddy gave me a name
My dad he gave me a name
Then he walked away
Daddy gave me a name
Then he walked away
My daddy gave me a name :lol:

Relax fair nutz. I am leaving soon for a 3 weeks vacation in Europe (Friday), and then its back to school. Madtownpacker has my verizon ip banned, remember. I can probably post using GW's campus ip, but i wont. Forums are pretty addictive andi am not an undergrad anymore so I cannot waste time arguing with you on here while the semester's a rolling.

The reason i am posting right now is because i am high and I want to make sure my record for getting banned will never be broken. :)

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 04:57 PM
The reason i am posting right now is because i am high and I want to make sure my record for getting banned will never be broken. :)

That's quite a legacy.

Charles Woodson
07-05-2008, 09:30 PM
I can probably post using GW's campus ip, but i wont.

Well, i guess its a good thing you dont go there then

Tankduke
07-06-2008, 05:38 AM
Well, i guess its a good thing you dont go there then

I guess you've never been to college then. I don't live on campus anymore, bum. Those that live offcampus don't have access to their campus network unless they're on campus. Are you still in high school or something? :)

And until you attend grad school, you won't know how strict it is, especially if you're trying to get a master in economics. Undergrad, you party every night, cram the night before an exam and if you're smart like me, you can ace it. Grad school, if you wanna do well, you gotta have discipline. You gotta be prepared. Dont do well, they kick you out of program. Talk about wasted investment! The last thing I want to do is drop out after my folks have already invested so much money in me. :idea:

But if you miss me, you can always ask to madtown to unban the verizon ip that i use for my laptop. I might be able to find the time to drop by once in a blue moon. After all, as Eminem likes to say, it'll be so empty without me. 8-)

Deputy Nutz
07-06-2008, 07:15 PM
My dad wants me to leave him alone? Lol. Father of mine:

Daddy gave me a name
My dad he gave me a name
Then he walked away
Daddy gave me a name
Then he walked away
My daddy gave me a name :lol:

Relax fair nutz. I am leaving soon for a 3 weeks vacation in Europe (Friday), and then its back to school. Madtownpacker has my verizon ip banned, remember. I can probably post using GW's campus ip, but i wont. Forums are pretty addictive andi am not an undergrad anymore so I cannot waste time arguing with you on here while the semester's a rolling.

Most of just about everything you ever written is a lie, but you actually responded to my post with decent temperment. I respect that.

Zool
07-06-2008, 07:57 PM
I used to think you didn't actually believe most of what you write, but I'm starting to change my mind. I think you might actually be this dumb. No one can be so consistently wrong in predicting things of which they claim to have a vast knowledge.

If you're just saying it for effect, please stop. I have to sift through all of these threads and seeing anything from you is like watching Battlefield Earth six consecutive times. Its just cruel and probably the worst thing to ever be published for public viewing/entertainment.

In summary, you=lacking actual football knowledge. I dont care which WR you blew in HS and changed the story to be sports related.

Badgerinmaine
07-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Is this a little like wanting to set a record for most interceptions thrown in a half? :mrgreen:

The Leaper
07-07-2008, 09:38 AM

Please don't quote Clayton. He is a dumbass. He thought Chicago's offense was going to be all-world last year because he saw Devin Hester in workouts.

The Leaper
07-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Tank and Favre are actually quite similar.

Both understand the role of "unwelcome guest" and speak often about things they should probably keep quiet about.

Zool
07-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Tank and Favre are actually quite similar.

Both understand the role of "unwelcome guest" and speak often about things they should probably keep quiet about.

Rack him

Iron Mike
04-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Thread bump for the Lulz.........

http://lol-lost.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/epic_fail_3.jpg

easy cheesy
04-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Rack him

Buck him...

Smidgeon
04-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Now, I know that people have mentioned how upset people got over Favre. I'm simply glad I joined late enough to miss most of that.

Smeefers
04-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Now, I know that people have mentioned how upset people got over Favre. I'm simply glad I joined late enough to miss most of that.

Word.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-04-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm glad I never wasted my time posting in those idiotic threads. Though, I'm sure I turn up in at least one of them bashing the Favre lovers. Hopefully we never have to go through that again.

"They ran Rodgers out of town! Flynn could never take us where Rodgers has!"

MadtownPacker
04-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Yeah it was fucked to the point this place wasnt even fun. Real generous of iron mike and his skank to bump all these shitty threads. At least he was here in those times not just talkin shit after the fact.

Scott Campbell
04-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Thread bump for the Lulz.........

http://lol-lost.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/epic_fail_3.jpg

I laughed. :lol: