PDA

View Full Version : How Would You Do It?

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 10:04 AM
How would you go about un-retiring from pro football? I'd simply call the Packers, and tell them I wanted to play. Then I'd call a press conference, and tell the world I simply changed my mind and wanted to play.

I would not:

1) Let my mommy speak on my behalf.
2) Let my brother speak on my behalf.
3) Let my agent speak on my behalf.
4) Let Al Harris speak on my behalf.
5) Send text messages to Mort.
6) And most importantly, I would not let the Packer organization suffer while ugly rumors swirled.

Iron Mike
07-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Where's the drama in that???? :roll:

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Where's the drama in that???? :roll:

Good point. Though he could always borrow Ricky Williams wedding dress for the presser.

Brando19
07-05-2008, 10:10 AM
I agree with you, Scott. I would speak on my own behalf. However, I don't think he told Al Harris to say what he said. I think the Packers players get asked about Brett so much, they just say whatever to go on to the next subject. I have a feeling we'll hear from Brett this coming up week...probably an interview with Peter King.

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 10:14 AM
However, I don't think he told Al Harris to say what he said.

Right - he can't control Al. But Al got asked only because of what all the others said. He sure as hell better be able to control his agent. And he should be able to control his family.

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 10:15 AM
DP - I'm a noob.

Brando19
07-05-2008, 10:16 AM
However, I don't think he told Al Harris to say what he said.

Right - he can't control Al. But Al got asked only because of what all the others said. He sure as hell better be able to control his agent. And he should be able to control his family.

I was under the impression that Al got all this started...I thought his comments were the first of this past week's drama. I heard his mother and brother's comments. On another note...did anyone notice how Scott Favre sounds exactly like Brett?

Iron Mike
07-05-2008, 10:21 AM
DP - I'm a noob.

Get it right--it's "n00b!!"

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 10:37 AM
6) And most importantly, I would not let the Packer organization suffer while ugly rumors swirled.

1) The press asked Favre's mom.
2) The press asked Favre's brother.
3) The press asked Favre's agent.
4) The press asked Harris.
5) Mort is the press.
6) Thompson is responsible for all this Favre drama.

Iron Mike
07-05-2008, 10:46 AM
You know how I would do it??

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l268/squirreldung/AllNightLong.jpg

Iron Mike
07-05-2008, 10:48 AM
http://cnx.org/content/m14808/latest/YouCanDoIt.jpg

Iron Mike
07-05-2008, 10:56 AM
http://www.cineol.net/images/noticias/Cameos/Waterboy_2.jpg

<==going for some sort of pop culture reference record here.

packinpatland
07-05-2008, 11:48 AM
I think TT started this whole mess..........in an attempt to put aside,cover up, distract the media(and fans) from his present QB's stupid remarks.

GrnBay007
07-05-2008, 11:51 AM
I think TT started this whole mess..........in an attempt to put aside,cover up, distract the media(and fans) from his present QB's stupid remarks.

Wouldn't surprise me.

packers11
07-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Is Teddy back from vacation yet... I want to hear what he has to say about this...

packinpatland
07-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Hmmm........I heard he went to Fire Island............ :oops:

Pugger
07-05-2008, 03:15 PM
There is no way in h3ll that TT would want a mess like this! Rodgers IS his man and I can't believe he's want this soap opera happening at ANY time this offseason. :shock:

I have a feeling Brett said something like "I was told I'd get the itch to play about this time of the year and I know what they mean" or "boy, its strange not going to mini-camp and seeing the fellas". Then somebody hears this and blows it out of proportion and this firestorm ensues. Brett may think this is all stupid and not worthy of comment. He may be saying to himself "What is with these people? I said it all in March" and/or he might be embarrassed about all this and wants to wait until things quiet down.

Er, Brett, your SILENCE is perpetuating all this nonsense. OR maybe he really HAS changed his mind. If that is the case, come on Brett and tell the world and be done with it. :roll:

Deputy Nutz
07-05-2008, 03:36 PM

I mentioned this yesterday or a day before. Beginning this week I heard that Rodgers had made a comment to SI, telling the fans to basically support him now, or shut their mouths. Then a couple of days later all the Favre rumors start popping up. Interesting how that works.

Deputy Nutz
07-05-2008, 03:39 PM
How would you go about un-retiring from pro football? I'd simply call the Packers, and tell them I wanted to play. Then I'd call a press conference, and tell the world I simply changed my mind and wanted to play.

I would not:

How is the Packer organization suffering? All you hear on Sports Talk, and ESPN when it comes to football is the Green Bay Packers, and Brett Favre. To me getting air time and having people interested in something non criminal happening in Green Bay is a good thing.

Nobody has any patients, or levity around here, we can't simply wait till this works itself out, we automatically have to find someone to blame whether it is Ted Thompson, Brett Favre, or Aaron Rodgers.

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 03:53 PM

I would not:

How is the Packer organization suffering?

If the rumor mongering about the organization's role in forcing Brett out was confined to PackerRats, I'd agree.

Deputy Nutz
07-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Campbell, I never heard Brett blame the organization personally, why every member of his family is always being interviewed I don't know. His wife has never claimed he was being forced, he never claimed he has been forced. Why others that mostly reside in Mississippi want to continue to blame others for his retirement is goofy, and certainly the proof is unfounded.

I have made the statement before that if Brett Favre truly felt that Thompson didn't want him "enough", then Brett is being immature and spoiled. When Thompson is stilling willing to pay your salary you are wanted.

Patler
07-05-2008, 04:09 PM
I have made the statement before that if Brett Favre truly felt that Thompson didn't want him "enough", then Brett is being immature and spoiled. When Thompson is stilling willing to pay your salary you are wanted.

Good point. TT has shown no reluctance to dump veterans he didn't think were worth their salaries. Favre is a different situation, but his salary is also 1/10 of the salary cap for the year.

MJZiggy
07-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Campbell, I never heard Brett blame the organization personally, why every member of his family is always being interviewed I don't know. His wife has never claimed he was being forced, he never claimed he has been forced. Why others that mostly reside in Mississippi want to continue to blame others for his retirement is goofy, and certainly the proof is unfounded.

Maybe it's because of the fact that Brett and Deanna can decide that they'd like to take a year off from it and they can want to ride off and disappear, but Favre's fame and popularity also affects the family around him who don't have the notoriety on their own. They need him for the attention and the great stories about when the cheeseheads came to town. For once THEY get to be the famous ones simply for their connection to a famous person and maybe THEY are the ones who aren't quite ready to let go of the fame. So they grant an interview or two...

Patler
07-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Maybe it's because of the fact that Brett and Deanna can decide that they'd like to take a year off from it and they can want to ride off and disappear, but Favre's fame and popularity also affects the family around him who don't have the notoriety on their own. They need him for the attention and the great stories about when the cheeseheads came to town. For once THEY get to be the famous ones simply for their connection to a famous person and maybe THEY are the ones who aren't quite ready to let go of the fame. So they grant an interview or two...

Then Favre needs to find new family and friends. I offer mine! :lol:

Sadly, you could be right. If that is the cause it is really, really unfortunate for Brett and Deanna.

(Maybe the "pressure" Brett talked about in his retirement conference was really the pressure from his family!! Can we blame this all on them??????)

MJZiggy
07-05-2008, 06:16 PM
I guess my point in this (and for the last couple days) is that this stuff can be brewing from all sorts of places and for all sorts of reasons. It's not fair to blame either TT or Brett without knowing the whole situation. Maybe Bus has been poking around without Brett knowing? Maybe Brett contacted M3 just for social reasons and someone assumed he called because he wanted to come back. There could be a million innocent things going on that all came together at once and caused a shitstorm. We just don't know yet.

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Maybe Bus has been poking around without Brett knowing?

That would shock me. I wouldn't be surprised if Bus didn't go to the bathroom with out checking with Brett first.

texaspackerbacker
07-05-2008, 09:18 PM

I would not:

Are you saying that's what Favre is doing? I certainly hope not. I hope you point is all these things are evidence of no credibility to the whole line of crap. Could you please confirm that?