PDA

View Full Version : The Way We Hear It...

Bossman641
06-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Pro Football Talk:

"We’re told there’s cause for concern in Green Bay, where the offensive line remains a work in progress. Offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski continues to put in extra time with the group during offseason team activity practices. The adopted scheme, a “zoneÃ¢à ‚¬Â system very similar to the one used by the Broncos and Falcons, has the skill-position players excited (the passing game appears to be more vertical than Mike Sherman’s offense was), but the newest members of the line are finding the learning curve to be steep. The play of the interior line is vital to the success of the running game. But that’s the potential problem area — again — for the Packers. After OG Kevin Barry, who was reportedly out of shape, suffered a leg injury, the Packers used second-year OG Junius Coston as the starter on the right side in recent practices. Coston, from North Carolina A&T, played fewer than 10 snaps last season and made mistakes on at least two of them. Rookie Daryn Colledge, a tackle at Boise State, is running with the first team at left guard, and rookie third-round pick Jason Spitz is now the top backup at both OG spots."

Nothing too alarming considering this is early June but this quote caught my eye "the passing game appears to be more vertical than Mike Sherman’s offense was".

Do they know what they're talking about? Our passing game will rely on much shorter throws than under Sherman, not longer.

red
06-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Pro Football Talk:

Nothing too alarming considering this is early June but this quote caught my eye "the passing game appears to be more vertical than Mike Sherman’s offense was".

Do they know what they're talking about? Our passing game will rely on much shorter throws than under Sherman, not longer.

i thought the same thing reading that. this guys are probably just full of shit like they are quite a bit.

whatever it takes to make the packers look bad, weather they have to make it up or not

and i think i read somewhere where spitz ran the ZBS in college, so the learning curve can't be that bad

HarveyWallbangers
06-07-2006, 08:03 PM
After OG Kevin Barry, who was reportedly out of shape, suffered a leg injury, the Packers used second-year OG Junius Coston as the starter on the right side in recent practices.

Ummm... shows you how much they know. Coston was working with the starters from the outset.

BooHoo
06-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Nothing better to write, so they make stuff up.

motife
06-07-2006, 08:22 PM
I think this is from Pro Football Weekly, Hub Arkush's magazine, not Pro Football Talk, Mike Florio's Rumor Mill column. PFW has the "Way We Hear It" feature.

Jimx29
06-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Nothing better to write, so they make stuff up.Sig worthy post of the week

BooHoo
06-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Nothing better to write, so they make stuff up.Sig worthy post of the week

Thank you. Thank you very much! :D

Bossman641
06-07-2006, 09:16 PM
I think this is from Pro Football Weekly, Hub Arkush's magazine, not Pro Football Talk, Mike Florio's Rumor Mill column. PFW has the "Way We Hear It" feature.

Yea you're right

My bad, was in a rush

packiowa
06-07-2006, 09:29 PM
After OG Kevin Barry, who was reportedly out of shape, suffered a leg injury, the Packers used second-year OG Junius Coston as the starter on the right side in recent practices.

Ummm... shows you how much they know. Coston was working with the starters from the outset.

I wrote 'em off after that one. The depth issue is valid though.

Tony Oday
06-07-2006, 10:31 PM
I hear that the Line is stocked full of pro bowlers, Samkon Gado looks like the second coming of Walter Payton and Donald Driver grew 2 feet in the offseason.

With the more verticle passing game and the fact that Brett Favre retired, Craig NAll should have a great year.

Charles Woodson is missing OTAs because of anger about his contract.

Wooohoo I could write for them or espn!