PDA

View Full Version : Brett - Why Get Bus Cook Involved?

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 05:21 PM
If all you wanted to do was come back to the Packers, why is Bus involved? Your already under contract, so there are no money details to be worked out. It's not like you can't get a hold of Ted. You just hosted the guy down at your ranch a few weeks ago. So why get Bus involved?

Bretsky
07-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Just a couple thoughts

A formal letter to TT is all it really takes to get the ball rolling; it's time to face the reality that the relationship between our QB and GM may not be all that cozy.

Maybe he has expressed that he wants to play...per reports...and was rebuffed.

Would you rather have him to a one on one with Chris Mortenson....letting everybody know that he wants to return to Green Bay and contacted MM and/or TT, but the Packer brass said they don't want him ?
That would be a PR disaster far greater than letting his agent be his spokesperson. [/i]

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Scott, no offensive but you are starting to sound exactly the way Woodbuck describes you: idiotic.

Cook is Favre's agent. It is his job to be involved in all aspect of Favre's business activities

Cook has been trying to contact Thompson for weeks now. Thompson keeps ignoring him. Thompson is a terrible communicator. Perhaps he should hire FavreChild to tutor him some. No need to worry about them getting sexual, even if FC is the hottest chick in the world; Thompson is....you know.

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Off the top of my head I can only think of 2 reasons to get your agent involved when you're already under contract.

1) A desire for more money.
2) A desire to be traded.

Even if Brett hates Ted, he could have called McCarthy to broker a return. They've known each other for 10 years, and spoke daily before Brett made his decision.

DonHutson
07-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Because if Bus is sniffing around and Favre is silent, Bus looks like the troublemaking dick (which I basically accused him of not too long ago - my bad, Bus) and Favre can look squeaky clean. Doing that sort of dirty work is an agent's job.

Bretsky
07-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Off the top of my head I can only think of 2 reasons to get your agent involved when you're already under contract.

1) A desire for more money.
2) A desire to be traded.

3. A desire to play in 08 (this assumes Green Bay does not want him back)

Bretsky
07-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Because if Bus is sniffing around and Favre is silent, Bus looks like the troublemaking dick (which I basically accused him of not too long ago - my bad, Bus) and Favre can look squeaky clean. Doing that sort of dirty work is an agent's job.

Bingo; good point. In the NFL the agents do their best to take any and all heat for the player. Let's not forget our old Buddy Javon Walker and Drew.

And they should. They get paid a 5% or so commission of deals...which is a boatload of money

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 05:40 PM

Exactly. And if all he wanted was to come back to the Packers, he certainly wouldn't need Bus to do his dirty work.

Tankduke
07-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Exactly. And if all he wanted was to come back to the Packers, he certainly wouldn't need Bus to do his dirty work.

Cambell, Favre is paying him to do that dirty work.

swede
07-05-2008, 05:45 PM

What dirty work? He has a contract. Show up and work. Take some snaps and win the starting job back.

Bretsky
07-05-2008, 05:47 PM

Scott,

We really don't know what has occured in Green Bay; Favre may already know Green Bay does not want him back. I agree there is no need to get Bus to sniff around but GM's try to gauge interest in their clients all the time.

If Green Bay does not want him to come back, Favre should first send the letter, then ask TT for his release or to be traded..and then if he feels like he's being slighted he can go public with an interview....which might be a disaster for everybody.

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 05:52 PM

What dirty work? He has a contract. Show up and work. Take some snaps and win the starting job back.

Exactamundo. There is no dirty work unless Brett wanted out of Green Bay.

And if Bus was supposed to be the one running errands for Brett, why wasn't he asked to file Brett's retirement papers?

Patler
07-05-2008, 05:54 PM
it's time to face the reality that the relationship between our QB and GM may not be all that cozy.

Then why did TT go to visit Favre in Mississippi AFTER Favre had retired? If they had a poor relationship they would simply stay away from each other, especially after Favre had retired.

Would you go all the way to Mississippi to visit someone you didn't have to if you weren't friends?

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 05:54 PM
3. A desire to play in 08

A desire to play in 08 doesn't require Bus. A desire to play elsewhere in 08 does require Bus.

Bretsky
07-05-2008, 05:57 PM
it's time to face the reality that the relationship between our QB and GM may not be all that cozy.

Then why did TT go to visit Favre in Mississippi AFTER Favre had retired? If they had a poor relationship they would simply stay away from each other, especially after Favre had retired.

Would you go all the way to Mississippi to visit someone you didn't have to if you weren't friends?

Do you think TT and Favre are friends ?

Maybe TT was scouting and he dropped in to disucss the retirement ceremony ? I know TT visited Favre in Miss but did not know if it was a special trip or if he was already there on biz

MJZiggy
07-05-2008, 05:58 PM

Patlerized again, B! :lol: :lol:

Bretsky
07-05-2008, 05:59 PM

A desire to play in 08 doesn't require Bus. A desire to play elsewhere in 08 does require Bus.

If Green Bay does not want him back by the Packer Brass choice, a desire to play in 2008 would involve Bus

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 06:11 PM

If Green Bay does not want him back by the Packer Brass choice, a desire to play in 2008 would involve Bus

True. I'm guessing were at that point already, or Bus wouldn't be involved.

My question is, is Brett using Bus to orchestrate his exit from the Packers?

Patler
07-05-2008, 06:13 PM

Do you think TT and Favre are friends ?

Maybe TT was scouting and he dropped in to disucss the retirement ceremony ? I know TT visited Favre in Miss but did not know if it was a special trip or if he was already there on biz

Even if he was in the area for other reasons, why go out of your way to visit someone you don't like? TT is a very busy man. Why waste the day? After Favre retired, other than an occasional public Packer event, he never had to see or talk to him again if he didn't want to.

Discuss the retirement ceremony? I seriously doubt TT is the one planning that. Seems like a giant waste of the GM's time. I'm sure some "underling" will be in charge of keeping Favre up to date on that, if in fact there is a ceremony! I doubt TT even knows what it will be at this point.

Scott Campbell
07-05-2008, 06:14 PM

Ted's the guy responsible for one day replacing Brett. So even completely outside their personalities, the nature of their relationship as GM vs. player may have put some level of strain on them.

texaspackerbacker
07-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Who says Cook is even "involved"--other than, as somebody said, Favre's routine business or being asked idiotic questions by media troublemakers?

Neither Cook nor Favre has given any indication of Cook making any moves aimed at scratching the media contrived "itch". Thompson certainly hasn't given any credence to these stupid rumors.

My question for all the true believers is: Do you really think Favre, Cook, Thompson, etc. are all liars, and these God damned media bastards are telling the truth?

Bretsky
07-05-2008, 10:08 PM

Patlerized again, B! :lol: :lol:

Not at all; do I need to define to you what Patlerized means ? I created the term and therefore hold the patent. Don't be changing the definition on the inventor :!:

Bretsky
07-05-2008, 10:10 PM

True. I'm guessing were at that point already, or Bus wouldn't be involved.

My question is, is Brett using Bus to orchestrate his exit from the Packers?

You keep changing how I would define it. Brett may be using Bus to orchestrate his game back to the NFL. If Green Bay does not want him, that is their choice. Then Bus will help find him another home if that is what they want.

cpk1994
07-08-2008, 06:58 AM
Who says Cook is even "involved"--other than, as somebody said, Favre's routine business or being asked idiotic questions by media troublemakers?

Neither Cook nor Favre has given any indication of Cook making any moves aimed at scratching the media contrived "itch". Thompson certainly hasn't given any credence to these stupid rumors.

My question for all the true believers is: Do you really think Favre, Cook, Thompson, etc. are all liars, and these God damned media bastards are telling the truth?Say what you want about TT and Favre, but Cook is a scumbag. This guy has a personal vendetta against TT becuase Moss wasn't brouight to GB. This sleaze would do anything to make TT look bad.