PDA

View Full Version : Favre go away

Tony Oday
07-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Once you ride off into the sun set don't come back. I have been one of your biggest defenders throughout the years and this is just sad. If you wanted to play one more year why didnt you just not retire? Not too hard. You made your choice and like a man stand behind it. Im sick of this.

I personally think that this is all fomented by the fact that no BEngals or Bears players were caught recently for breaking the law ;) If Favre wanted to come back MM and TT would welcome him back AR may want to beat him around the head a little however they would let him back.

Soap operas of for noon on WEEKDAYS! Not Sundays! hehe

Brett put it all to rest with a news conference saying you dont want to come back and thank the fans one more time...

texaspackerbacker
07-06-2008, 02:21 PM
The press conference is a bad idea.

If Brett says no way no how, not under any circumstances, then he effectively precludes accepting an emergency call if Rodgers gets hurt or fails miserably. If he explicitly says he IS available in that case, it puts a huge amount of additional pressure on Rodgers.

If he just keeps quiet, then all options are still open--which is best for the Packers, and that's all that counts.

Scott Campbell
07-06-2008, 02:47 PM
The press conference is a bad idea.

If Brett says no way no how, not under any circumstances, then he effectively precludes accepting an emergency call if Rodgers gets hurt or fails miserably.

Not exactly. It would put out the fire for now. And he could always change his mind later.

He could put the whole thing to bed once an for all by taking a booth job.

MJZiggy
07-06-2008, 03:47 PM
He could simply put out a press release saying that he did not in fact contact the Packers about coming back (if that's true), that he has no interest in coming out of retirement at this time, that the Packers have a competent quarterback and he has no interest in playing for another team.

Carolina_Packer
07-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Yep, Brett hasn't been the best at doing damage control on this one. He could have talked to his friends and family and told them not to talk on his behalf, and he could have really quashed rumors by being difinitive if he chose to do so. I personally have no problem with a guy coming back. All he did was have a retirement presser, so if he comes back and can still play, why wouldn't the Packers consider it? If he had told the team he was going to play another year late last season, most here would be on board with it. The only difference is he had a presser, but it makes no difference to me. Come back if you want to, man. We can still use you, and you are a Packer forever.

mraynrand
07-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Not exactly. It would put out the fire for now.

My view is that there is no fire. There is only a vast collection of pointless speculations on websites and barstools. Packer players are enjoying their last beak before camp and couldn't care less. When they show up, they go through camp and prepare themselves for the season with or without Favre. They get paid whether Rodgers or Favre is the QB. Favre will either play for the Packers, someone else, or no one, the latter being the most likely. Most of the musings within all these Favre threads are just a waste of electrons.

vince
07-06-2008, 04:15 PM
These pic's just aren't right.

Guys Who've Hung on a Bit Too Long (http://www.nfl.com/photo/photo-gallery?campaign=ec0005&chronicleId=09000d5d809220c0)

Stay home Brett.

cpk1994
07-06-2008, 04:25 PM

My view is that there is no fire. There is only a vast collection of pointless speculations on websites and barstools. Packer players are enjoying their last beak before camp and couldn't care less. When they show up, they go through camp and prepare themselves for the season with or without Favre. They get paid whether Rodgers or Favre is the QB. Favre will either play for the Packers, someone else, or no one, the latter being the most likely. Most of the musings within all these Favre threads are just a waste of electrons.Scott and Bonita Favre levy charges against TT & the Packers and there is no fire? Those aren't pointless specfulations from those two. Al Harris seem to care enough tto make a comment. You are wrong to say there is no fire.

Charles Woodson
07-06-2008, 04:45 PM

My view is that there is no fire. There is only a vast collection of pointless speculations on websites and barstools. Packer players are enjoying their last beak before camp and couldn't care less. When they show up, they go through camp and prepare themselves for the season with or without Favre. They get paid whether Rodgers or Favre is the QB. Favre will either play for the Packers, someone else, or no one, the latter being the most likely. Most of the musings within all these Favre threads are just a waste of electrons.Scott and Bonita Favre levy charges against TT & the Packers and there is no fire? Those aren't pointless specfulations from those two. Al Harris seem to care enough tto make a comment. You are wrong to say there is no fire.
You really should watch out, i mean i hear its not healthy to consistently spew garbage. Your speculation is just as pointless as what they are trying to say.

oregonpackfan
07-06-2008, 04:59 PM
These pic's just aren't right.

Guys Who've Hung on a Bit Too Long (http://www.nfl.com/photo/photo-gallery?campaign=ec0005&chronicleId=09000d5d809220c0)

Stay home Brett.

Johnny Unitas should be included in that group as well.

MJZiggy
07-06-2008, 05:00 PM
I thought he was...wasn't that him in the SD uni?

Scott Campbell
07-06-2008, 05:20 PM

My view is that there is no fire.

I'll agree. There's a fire on the forum, and a fire in the media. But it probably doesn't affect the players at all.

oregonpackfan
07-06-2008, 05:31 PM
I thought he was...wasn't that him in the SD uni?

Yep, you're right, MJZiggy. Johnny U. was in the SD pictures. I just had not scanned the list long enough.

It was almost tragic to see those former greats trying to "hang on" for another year or two with another team.

It makes me a little more understanding of Favre's dilemma--providing the rumors are true of his wishing to return.

It would be just incomprehensible for me to see him in another uniform than the Packers'.

Packerarcher
07-06-2008, 07:25 PM
He could simply put out a press release saying that he did not in fact contact the Packers about coming back (if that's true), that he has no interest in coming out of retirement at this time, that the Packers have a competent quarterback and he has no interest in playing for another team.

This would be a lie though unless they picked up someone else. They don't have a competent QB,they have Rodgers.

MJZiggy
07-06-2008, 07:31 PM
He said in his retirement presser that he thought Rodgers was going to do fine and that we should get behind him...

Packerarcher
07-06-2008, 07:38 PM
He said in his retirement presser that he thought Rodgers was going to do fine and that we should get behind him...

What else is he going to say. That Rogers is a puss, and things will suck for Packer fans for a while.

MJZiggy
07-06-2008, 07:49 PM
He could have said nothing and left Rodgers out of it.

Zool
07-06-2008, 08:00 PM
He could have said nothing and left Rodgers out of it.

Well what kind of conspiracy would that generate Zig? Some people will have to give the dog an extra kick each day now thanks to you.

MJZiggy
07-06-2008, 08:01 PM
It's ok, there's controversy brewing in the long snapper thread...

Packers4Ever
07-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Scott and Bonita Favre levy charges against TT & the Packers and there is no fire? Those aren't pointless specfulations from those two. Al Harris seem to care enough tto make a comment. You are wrong to say there is no fire.[/quote] CPK

Whoa one minute ! Scott and Bonita Favre levy charges against
TT and the Packers? That's news to me..... :shock:

Somebody steer me straight ?? Thanks,

Zool
07-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Somebody steer me straight ?? Thanks,

Reply from B in T minus 10......9

MJZiggy
07-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Damn, Zool, that was fast!!

Brainerd
07-07-2008, 05:50 AM
Have to do it.

Um, you first!

Gunakor
07-07-2008, 02:14 PM

This would be a lie though unless they picked up someone else. They don't have a competent QB,they have Rodgers.

What about Rodgers suggests that he's incompetent? Injury prone, yes. Incompetent, no. He's a good QB. Hopefully he can stay healthy long enough to prove it.

cpk1994
07-07-2008, 02:18 PM

You really should watch out, i mean i hear its not healthy to consistently spew garbage. Your speculation is just as pointless as what they are trying to say.What the hell? I simply pointed out what Scott and Bonita said. That is on the record. Quoted. They claim that the Packers don't want Brett. Thats not pointless and to suggest afterward there is no fire is rediculous. What don't you understand?

HowardRoark
07-08-2008, 12:56 PM

My view is that there is no fire. There is only a vast collection of pointless speculations on websites and barstools. Packer players are enjoying their last beak before camp and couldn't care less. When they show up, they go through camp and prepare themselves for the season with or without Favre. They get paid whether Rodgers or Favre is the QB. Favre will either play for the Packers, someone else, or no one, the latter being the most likely. Most of the musings within all these Favre threads are just a waste of electrons.

Perhaps #4 is that rare breed where he is a consciousness conscious of nothing but itself.

Somewhat like a junior high girl in front of a mirror.

MadtownPacker
07-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Whats up Howard? Welcome to the forum.

HowardRoark
07-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Whats up Howard? Welcome to the forum.

Thanks Madtown. Nice place you have here.