PDA

View Full Version : Packer-Bengal Game 1992

packinpatland
07-06-2008, 02:59 PM
I watched it on the NFL channel last night. Couple of things.........did fans not buy/wear jerseys back then? There were next to none in the bleachers. It was strange not seeing any #4s anywhere....... except the one on the field.
The camera angle shots were interesting.......you could see and hear the QB calling plays in the huddle.
Sure am glad they replaced that blue padding around the stadium with green...........

gbgary
07-06-2008, 03:52 PM
yup...the marketing really began the next couple of years. down here in texas we could only get Packer stuff from one or two mail order places. when i came up for a game in '93 i went wild buying stuff in Green Bay. did you notice the band playing on kick-offs? it's gone now too. i think i saw TT on the sidelines on that game replay. brought back some memories. :D

BobDobbs
07-06-2008, 05:50 PM
It's important to realize that the Packers were bad, for awhile. I mean real BAD.
I was born in 1975, so I started watching Packer games in the Eighties and they really were a terrible team for a long time. In those years even having a .500 season was a major accomplishment.

Hardly anyone bought gear, because it is expensive and the people of Wisconsin are thrifty. If you looked at the home crowd during cold weather games you would have thought that the team color was blaze orange. They started going to the playoffs regularly after Favre took over. Then they spanked the 49ers and went to the conference championship game in 95, the crowd was wearing a lot more Green and Gold the next year.

After we won the Super Bowl it has just become the norm. I still like to see some blaze orange in the late season, it's part of the tradition.

MJZiggy
07-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Didn't people used to wear suits and ties to games as well? That to me would be just nuts.

packinpatland
07-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Didn't people used to wear suits and ties to games as well? That to me would be just nuts.

That was Lombardi Era or before...............ALOT of years ago.

Jimx29
07-06-2008, 10:22 PM
What I most enjoyed about the broadcast was all the shit on the screen that WASN'T there. Just a screen with two teams battling it out, and maybe once every 10 real minutes, they'd pop-up the score.