PDA

View Full Version : Official Goodbye A-Rod Thread

Tarlam!
07-08-2008, 05:43 AM
Well, Aaron, it looks like the end is coming before we really began. Brett is coming back and you, I understand you so well, you don't like it.

I don't know if TT will trade you or expect you to ride the pine again. I hop for your sake you stay patient, let Brett sow his last wild oats and remain a Packer. I like you. But, I will understand if your pride makes your decisions for you.

It was hard to be picked at 24, when you were toying in your mind with a possible 1 pick. Then, you go to Green Bay where you just had to know it was touch and go if you'd ever play at Lambeau with that Favre dude in front of you. Lo and behold, after 2 and a half years of picking splinters out of your arse, you showed the world in Dallas that you can actually play!

Then, TT and M3 "gave" you the team. You took the reigns and began a slight trott hoping to fully gallop in September. Suddenly, you realize the people motioning on the curb are telling you to pull up the carriage; You have. And now you realize, you are to get out of the coachman's seat and get back into the coach.

My advice? Ride in the coach Aaron. M3 will be there again next year. Bide your time. This team will only get deeper, while you get better, albeit on the sidlines or in mop up time. Do it anyways. You may become the first first year starter to ever win the SB! Stay with us. We will shut up and get on board.

And Brett, do NOT fuck this up!!

hurleyfan
07-08-2008, 05:58 AM
I can't wait for this whole issue to get settled..

One day I'm hoping he comes back, the next day I hope he stays retired :(

mission
07-08-2008, 08:49 AM
THIS IS FUCKING RETARDED

anyone who thinks favre back for one more year and losing rodgers due to trade/holdoutdemands/whatever is a better situation than keeping our team intact is so high on drano CRACK that they need to just kill themselves right now.

horrible, horrible, long term implications imo...

(this aint directed at you T)

second glance - ya it was kinda lol

AV David
07-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Watching the last few years, I saw an odd/eccentric side to #4s personality I had not seen earlier. I thought it pretty strange he couldn't make up his mind whether to play or retire. It is ceratainly his choice, but he sure seemed to be making it in a weird way. In my mind, I dismissed the narcicism/insecure possibilities as totally inconsistent with his character displayed over the previous 14 or 15 years. He seemed to have major talent and major competitiveness. He did not seem to have the "look at me " ego to go with it. He did not seem to have the "I am important, the team is not" mind set.

I have now changed my mind. "The team didn't kiss my butt enough to come back" is pathetic and reveals a lot about one's personality. It reveals a controlling and narcissistic personality. There is no benign explanation for it. I hope this negative side has only developed in the last few years. I would hate to think it has been present his entire career, and his public persona was a giant con job. That would be extremely sad.

This conduct can tear the team apart and #4 knows it. I hope they trade him to Detroit.

Tarlam!
07-08-2008, 11:07 AM
THIS IS FUCKING RETARDED

anyone who thinks favre back for one more year and losing rodgers due to trade/holdoutdemands/whatever is a better situation than keeping our team intact is so high on drano CRACK that they need to just kill themselves right now.

Oh, Tony, ya big silly. I don't believe you really want me to kill myself. Do you? :shock:

I just believe, it's a done deal. Faced with Favre in another (potentially NFC North) uni, I don't see TT letting that happen. I also don't see A-Rod taking too well to being told "go pick splinters" for a 4th season, especially after this off season. I am saying, I hope he stays. I wouldn't.

A-Rod is more of a man than I am already, but, I hope he is super human and can deal with this. I don't want us to lose A-Rod. I don't want to see Brett playing for the Vikes or the Bears or anyone other than the Pack.

sharpe1027
07-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Watching the last few years, I saw an odd/eccentric side to #4s personality I had not seen earlier. I thought it pretty strange he couldn't make up his mind whether to play or retire. It is ceratainly his choice, but he sure seemed to be making it in a weird way. In my mind, I dismissed the narcicism/insecure possibilities as totally inconsistent with his character displayed over the previous 14 or 15 years. He seemed to have major talent and major competitiveness. He did not seem to have the "look at me " ego to go with it. He did not seem to have the "I am important, the team is not" mind set.

I have now changed my mind. "The team didn't kiss my butt enough to come back" is pathetic and reveals a lot about one's personality. It reveals a controlling and narcissistic personality. There is no benign explanation for it. I hope this negative side has only developed in the last few years. I would hate to think it has been present his entire career, and his public persona was a giant con job. That would be extremely sad.

This conduct can tear the team apart and #4 knows it. I hope they trade him to Detroit.

I agree that nobody should have needed to do more than say "we want you back, but it is your decision", but remember that the only person to say that the Packer's didn't do enough is his mom. I don't think you should jump to conclusions about Favre based on what his mom said. Mothers have been known to come up with some crazy justifications for their children.

The Leaper
07-08-2008, 01:03 PM
I just believe, it's a done deal. Faced with Favre in another (potentially NFC North) uni, I don't see TT letting that happen. I also don't see A-Rod taking too well to being told "go pick splinters" for a 4th season, especially after this off season. I am saying, I hope he stays. I wouldn't.

That's fine...but exactly how is Rodgers going to get out of Green Bay? Throw a hissy fit and be a bad egg. That won't earn him any additional cash in free agency.

Rodgers is under contract through 2009...and has little option but to show up and be a good little boy until then. Now, if he wants out after that...he will be fully able to become a free agent. However, to earn the most $$$$ he can as a free agent, he will need to prove himself. What better way to prove yourself than stay with Green Bay as the starter in 2009...where you know the system and the players?

I just don't buy the "If Favre comes back, we have to trade Rodgers" logic. Yeah, we probably will lose him after 2009...but by that point Brohm should be ready or we can pick up a vet to cover the gap.

Gunakor
07-08-2008, 01:18 PM

That's fine...but exactly how is Rodgers going to get out of Green Bay? Throw a hissy fit and be a bad egg. That won't earn him any additional cash in free agency.

Rodgers is under contract through 2009...and has little option but to show up and be a good little boy until then. Now, if he wants out after that...he will be fully able to become a free agent. However, to earn the most $$$$ he can as a free agent, he will need to prove himself. What better way to prove yourself than stay with Green Bay as the starter in 2009...where you know the system and the players?

I just don't buy the "If Favre comes back, we have to trade Rodgers" logic. Yeah, we probably will lose him after 2009...but by that point Brohm should be ready or we can pick up a vet to cover the gap.

I get where you are coming from, but there's no guarantees there either. There's no telling whether Brohm would be ready, and it's no sure thing that we'll find an adequate veteran in FA. Rodgers is ready now. He's the best option we have moving forward. IMO he's the answer. It seems much more certain that we'd be successful 3 or more years down the road with Rodgers at QB than with Brohm (an unknown) or a veteran FA to be determined at the time (another unknown).

gex
07-08-2008, 01:26 PM
IMO There's no telling if Rodgers IS ready. 30 min live action when the other team wasn't prepared for you and some pre-season games does not PROVE anything. How anyone can say Rodgers is ready/good is beyond me, there is not enough proof to come to that conclusion.

mngolf19
07-08-2008, 01:29 PM

I can tell you one team to the west that could be in the market for him after 09'

Tarlam!
07-08-2008, 01:30 PM
How anyone can say Rodgers is ready/good is beyond me, there is not enough proof to come to that conclusion.

Well fuck, Gex, M3 said that after last year's pre season. If that statement is good enough for M3, it's good enough for me.

Gunakor
07-08-2008, 01:33 PM
IMO There's no telling if Rodgers IS ready. 30 min live action when the other team wasn't prepared for you and some pre-season games does not PROVE anything. How anyone can say Rodgers is ready/good is beyond me, there is not enough proof to come to that conclusion.

There is more than enough proof that Rodgers is more ready than Brohm or Flynn. There's proof that Rodgers is far more ready than any FA that we could pick up, since they'd still need to learn the offense that Rodgers has spent years studying already. This isn't about 2008. There is absolutely no doubt that Favre gives the Packers the best shot at winning in 2008. This is about 2009 and 2010 and beyond. It's about remaining competitive long after Favre. Rodgers, whether he's played a whole lot or not, is FAR more familiar with M3's offense than any other body we could bring in and thus is a far better candidate for the position moving forward.

Besides, after 3 years of study, you don't think he's ready? Let me ask you this then... What about A-Rod suggests to you that he's NOT ready?

sharpe1027
07-08-2008, 01:37 PM
There is more than enough proof that Rodgers is more ready than Brohm or Flynn. There's proof that Rodgers is far more ready than any FA that we could pick up, since they'd still need to learn the offense that Rodgers has spent years studying already. This isn't about 2008. There is absolutely no doubt that Favre gives the Packers the best shot at winning in 2008. This is about 2009 and 2010 and beyond. It's about remaining competitive long after Favre. Rodgers, whether he's played a whole lot or not, is FAR more familiar with M3's offense than any other body we could bring in and thus is a far better candidate for the position moving forward.

Besides, after 3 years of study, you don't think he's ready? Let me ask you this then... What about A-Rod suggests to you that he's NOT ready?

I agree that Rodgers is ready. The question is whether he is good enough. We don't have enough information to know for sure either way.

Consider though that it's as likely as not that even if Rodgers starts every game this year he will be gone by 2010 (injury, FA, or he just can't cut it).

If that happens, I think everyone will be complaining about how they should have given to let Favre have one more shot.

Gunakor
07-08-2008, 01:41 PM

I agree that Rodgers is ready. The question is whether he is good enough. We don't have enough information to know for sure either way.

Consider though that it's as likely as not that even if Rodgers starts every game this year he will be gone by 2010 (injury, FA, or he just can't cut it).

If that happens, I think everyone will be complaining about how they should have given to let Favre have one more shot.

It's possible, but not very likely IMO. Remember that Rodgers is TT's pet. If TT is willing to tell Brett Favre to stay home or play for someone else so that we can get the A-Rod era started in Green Bay then I don't see TT letting him go anywhere else down the line in favor of some other guy.

Packerarcher
07-08-2008, 01:47 PM
THIS IS FUCKING RETARDED

Every time you post it just confirms what I already think about you. YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT!!!

sharpe1027
07-08-2008, 01:48 PM
It's possible, but not very likely IMO. Remember that Rodgers is TT's pet. If TT is willing to tell Brett Favre to stay home or play for someone else so that we can get the A-Rod era started in Green Bay then I don't see TT letting him go anywhere else down the line in favor of some other guy.

I call bull shit on the whole Rodgers=TT's pet. It is drunken bar talk, no more, no less. To suggest Rodgers is going to get some sort of special treatment is 100% speculation. There is no way to argue against pure speculation other than to call it that, so I will leave this argument where it stands.

Rodgers will get the hook the second MM says that they have some one better. TT doesn't even set the starting lineup.

Gunakor
07-08-2008, 02:02 PM

I call bull shit on the whole Rodgers=TT's pet. It is drunken bar talk, no more, no less. To suggest Rodgers is going to get some sort of special treatment is 100% speculation. There is no way to argue against pure speculation other than to call it that, so I will leave this argument where it stands.

Rodgers will get the hook the second MM says that they have some one better. TT doesn't even set the starting lineup.

I'd agree with you, except that all they have to do is tell Brett Favre he's welcome back and they have thier someone better. To my knowledge they haven't done that yet. So I can't really believe this statement. If TT tells Favre to piss off in favor of Aaron Rodgers, I don't know, what would you call it?

sharpe1027
07-08-2008, 02:12 PM
I'd agree with you, except that all they have to do is tell Brett Favre he's welcome back and they have thier someone better. To my knowledge they haven't done that yet. So I can't really believe this statement. If TT tells Favre to piss off in favor of Aaron Rodgers, I don't know, what would you call it?

The Packers already told him he was welcome back earlier (and then he retired), that alone is contary to your pet statment.

MM has been working with his staff and the players accordingly. I doubt TT would make this decision without talking with MM to determine what is best for the team. If you think the main/only reason is Rodgers is TT's pet project, I'll respectfully disagree.

Gunakor
07-08-2008, 03:57 PM

The Packers already told him he was welcome back earlier (and then he retired), that alone is contary to your pet statment.

MM has been working with his staff and the players accordingly. I doubt TT would make this decision without talking with MM to determine what is best for the team. If you think the main/only reason is Rodgers is TT's pet project, I'll respectfully disagree.

I'm not talking about this season. You said it's likely that even if Rodgers starts every game this year that he could be gone by 2010 anyhow. That's where I disagree. The Favre comparison was to counter Brohm or whoever in 2010. As in, if TT won't sit or trade Rodgers to play Favre, then who would he ever trade or sit Rodgers for? If not for Favre, then I don't see TT giving Rodgers' job to anyone. He'll be a Packer for life, or at least as long at TT is in control.

sharpe1027
07-08-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm not talking about this season. You said it's likely that even if Rodgers starts every game this year that he could be gone by 2010 anyhow. That's where I disagree. The Favre comparison was to counter Brohm or whoever in 2010. As in, if TT won't sit or trade Rodgers to play Favre, then who would he ever trade or sit Rodgers for? If not for Favre, then I don't see TT giving Rodgers' job to anyone. He'll be a Packer for life, or at least as long at TT is in control.

You said Rodgers was TT's pet. I said the fact that they asked Favre to come back this year shows that they preferred to have Favre over Rodgers.

I fail to see how your scenario will come to pass unless Rodgers is a good QB. TT doesn't determine the starting lineup. Unless you believe that he would intentionally draft crappy QBs to make sure Rodgers starts...that sounds a bit too much like a crazy conspiracy theory to me.

Step back and think about it, rather than react by defending your position. If Brohm or some other QB ended up being pro-bowl material, would TT or anyone else give 2 cents about Rodgers? No.

He is not TT's pet simply because they haven't cut him yet. Drunken bar room talk, no more, no less.

DonHutson
07-08-2008, 08:32 PM

Rodgers is under contract through 2009...and has little option but to show up and be a good little boy until then.

Agree 100%. Where's he gonna go? What's he gonna do? I'm sure he'd be disappointed, probably angry, but... whatever. Two years is a long time for him to get over it. Favre would surely be out of the way by then. He'll get the job eventually.

No point or reason at all to trade Rodgers.

bobblehead
07-09-2008, 05:02 PM

Rodgers is under contract through 2009...and has little option but to show up and be a good little boy until then.

Agree 100%. Where's he gonna go? What's he gonna do? I'm sure he'd be disappointed, probably angry, but... whatever. Two years is a long time for him to get over it. Favre would surely be out of the way by then. He'll get the job eventually.

No point or reason at all to trade Rodgers.

What makes you think favre will be out of the way by then?? What in his behavior makes anyone think that if we take him back this will be the last time?? WTF are we battered wives here? If the pack doesn't put an end to this right here and now we will be right back in this very situation next year in the final year of rogers contract. Even if BF retires "for real, honest" after the season until day one of he '09 season rogers will not be comfortable. Someone called me a favre hater in another post and I resented it, but that statement becomes closer to true every day.

DonHutson
07-09-2008, 08:19 PM
What makes you think favre will be out of the way by then?? What in his behavior makes anyone think that if we take him back this will be the last time??

I don't think he's going to get a chance to get back in now. However, I was commenting on the idea that Rodgers would need to be traded if the Packers take Favre back. And again, trading Rodgers makes no sense.