PDA

View Full Version : We'll have our cake and eat it too!!!

sheepshead
07-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Everything I have read(you know where to look as well as I do) says Brett's coming back to Green Bay. I also predict A-Rod stays through '09. What happens a year from now is anyones guess. Brett gives it at least one more try. Maybe attracting a veteran or two as well.
(sorry for another Bret faarve thread!!) :-)

MTPackerfan
07-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Brett's coming back will be the thing that tips the scales for Taylor to come to GB.

(just finished my koolaid).. :D

Harlan Huckleby
07-08-2008, 02:25 PM

that's ok, your thoughts were so profound that they deserved a new thread.

sheepshead
07-08-2008, 02:26 PM

HAAAAAA

Yeah yeah I know.....

packinpatland
07-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Everything I have read(you know where to look as well as I do) says Brett's coming back to Green Bay. I also predict A-Rod stays through '09. What happens a year from now is anyones guess. Brett gives it at least one more try. Maybe attracting a veteran or two as well.

Where you reading this?...........don't doubt you, just want to know.

Packers4Ever
07-08-2008, 03:51 PM

Where you reading this?...........don't doubt you, just want to know.

To tell the truth this is what my head's been telling me
for a couple months now. Leave Green Bay ? No - I don't
think so, NO way, he's too tied to GB, 16 years ?
:five:

red
07-08-2008, 04:22 PM
i think its time to chime in on the BF drama finally

first off, who says it would just be for one year? many threads assume that. we would be fine for this year but screwed after that. who says #4 wouldn't play for a few more years. the guy just tried the retirement that he's been toying with for years, and it sure seems like he doesn't enjoy it much. maybe he's learned his leasson and he'll play untill we have to cart him off the field in a hearse?

i can't believe all the BF hate i see on here all of a sudden. two months ago most everyone on here thought we were screwed with brett leaving. now a-rod has a few good ota's and everyone is on board with him and have turned their backs on the guy who might had a MVP quality season last year.

i read a lot about favre missing "all of the off season" up until this point. give me a break. he missed a handfull of OTA's. OTA's that he usually skips anyways. now if he were to miss training camp, thats a different issue.

they have not redesigned their whole offense to suit a-rod in the course of a few OTA's. thats what training camp is for. if a new type of system was started then it sure as hell hasn't been perfected yet

i have full faith in a-rod being able to lead this team and do it very well. but if #4 decides he made a mistake then i say welcome him but with open arms. things like TT not being willing to return a favre text message only adds fuel to the fire that TT has wanted favre gone for a while now and has been pushing him towards the door

Packers4Ever
07-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Brett's coming back will be the thing that tips the scales for Taylor to come to GB.

Very, very impressive record, MTP, but there are 2 points that
might not go in his favor - they are his age (33) and his
reaction to salary offers from other teams, plus he will be fined
over $8600 for every day of minicamps he misses and more
than that if it comes down to missing TC.

Sounds like he wants more than teams want to pay for an aging
DE, some of this might not sit well with TT - but he sure has a mighty impressive record including awards.

Time will tell.

MTPackerfan
07-08-2008, 05:14 PM

DE, some of this might not sit well with TT - but he sure has a mighty impressive record including awards.

Time will tell.

Hench the koolaid comment. He is aging but anticipate he will be good for another year or two (must get him to commit to two years, I am speaking of Taylor here, but could apply to both parties).

Deputy Nutz
07-08-2008, 05:36 PM

HAAAAAA

Yeah yeah I know.....

Without them I don't know if we would even have a forum. Thanks Sheep for all you bring us. Thank you.

sheepshead
07-08-2008, 06:48 PM

Time will tell.

Hench the koolaid comment. He is aging but anticipate he will be good for another year or two (must get him to commit to two years, I am speaking of Taylor here, but could apply to both parties).

I'm guessing Taylor wants a long term deal ????

Packers4Ever
07-08-2008, 08:06 PM

Time will tell.

I'm guessing Taylor wants a long term deal ????

No figures were mentioned in the story of course, but that's how I read it too - that any offers made might have been too low. And who knows, maybe he's got a couple of hotshot years left in him,
age could be misleading too, If TT's got any interest all they need is an interview to settle it. But he sure sounds good, I have to check the roster, not sure I remember how we stand this year at DE, depth, etc...

texaspackerbacker
07-08-2008, 08:29 PM
I don't know what makes you think so, Sheepshead, but I STILL see no evidence or likelihood of Favre coming back, and personally I hope it doesn't happen.

And as for damn Jason Taylor, spare us from having THAT rotten rumor come true.

Bretsky
07-08-2008, 09:08 PM

first off, who says it would just be for one year? many threads assume that. we would be fine for this year but screwed after that. who says #4 wouldn't play for a few more years. the guy just tried the retirement that he's been toying with for years, and it sure seems like he doesn't enjoy it much. maybe he's learned his leasson and he'll play untill we have to cart him off the field in a hearse?

i can't believe all the BF hate i see on here all of a sudden. two months ago most everyone on here thought we were screwed with brett leaving. now a-rod has a few good ota's and everyone is on board with him and have turned their backs on the guy who might had a MVP quality season last year.

i read a lot about favre missing "all of the off season" up until this point. give me a break. he missed a handfull of OTA's. OTA's that he usually skips anyways. now if he were to miss training camp, thats a different issue.

they have not redesigned their whole offense to suit a-rod in the course of a few OTA's. thats what training camp is for. if a new type of system was started then it sure as hell hasn't been perfected yet

i have full faith in a-rod being able to lead this team and do it very well. but if #4 decides he made a mistake then i say welcome him but with open arms. things like TT not being willing to return a favre text message only adds fuel to the fire that TT has wanted favre gone for a while now and has been pushing him towards the door

:bclap: :bclap:

Brando19
07-08-2008, 09:19 PM

Right on! TT is risking alot by pushing Favre away. The man doesn't seem to care if he's liked or not, but he's never witnessed anything like this in his life if he doesn't take Brett back. I'd hate to be in TT's shoes. He's got 2 options...tell ARod he's not the QB or tell Brett he's not the QB. I would choose the obvious. Welcome home, Brett.

bobblehead
07-08-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm pretty much on the trade him bandwagon. If there wasn't a deep deep feeling in the pit of my stomach that makes me think BF was trying to "stick it" to TT by retiring I might feel different.

Favre has not wanted to do OTA and minicamps since Holmgren left. I just have to wonder if this was his way around it.

In any event we will now find out just how confident MM and TT are in rogers. If they think he is the real deal I see favre traded, if not, welcome back.

MJZiggy
07-09-2008, 06:45 PM
I wonder if anyone's thought of the idea that if he were to come back and get traded, he'd have to learn a new offense in something like 2 weeks before the first preseason game started because he won't have minicamps or OTAs to work the kinks out...

The Shadow
07-09-2008, 06:51 PM

Right on! TT is risking alot by pushing Favre away. The man doesn't seem to care if he's liked or not, but he's never witnessed anything like this in his life if he doesn't take Brett back. I'd hate to be in TT's shoes. He's got 2 options...tell ARod he's not the QB or tell Brett he's not the QB. I would choose the obvious. Welcome home, Brett.

Exactly!! And that is why he has been so successful. Would you really want a windsock GM who consulted the fans and the polls on every decision regarding the team's welfare?
If so, I suggest John Kerry as the next GM.

texaspackerbacker
07-09-2008, 07:25 PM
A trade wouldn't be too bad--assuming there is any truth to the unretirement rumors at all, and assuming we got something decent enough for him--maybe a minimum of a 2nd round pick.

I wouldn't even mind seeing a trade to the Vikings or the Bears--although I very much doubt it would ever happen. If Favre intends to make an 80% of last year effort at preparation, as he has supposedly stated, then it is very unlikely that Favre would be much of an asset to whoever he might end up playing for.

I'm surprised there has been so little comment about his high level of effort last year, correlated with great performance, following a supposed lesser effort at preparation and pretty rotten performance in '06.