PDA

View Full Version : From Packer Update

Chevelle2
07-09-2008, 06:41 PM
While the majority of fans may want Brett Favre to return, that doesn’t appear to be the case in the locker room. We’ve been told by two sources that “many” of the current players prefer that the legendary quarterback stays retired. Why? Because most of the younger players have a much closer relationship with Aaron Rodgers and some of the older veterans are looking forward to receiving more credit for the team’s success
LINK TO STORY (http://www.packerupdate.com/packer_update/2008/07/shhhheres-what-were-hearing.html)

The Shadow
07-09-2008, 06:43 PM
While the majority of fans may want Brett Favre to return, that doesn’t appear to be the case in the locker room. We’ve been told by two sources that “many” of the current players prefer that the legendary quarterback stays retired. Why? Because most of the younger players have a much closer relationship with Aaron Rodgers and some of the older veterans are looking forward to receiving more credit for the team’s success

Leaper? You guaranteed the 'fact' that everyone on that team was of one mind.
'Facts' can be downright pesky at times, eh?

MJZiggy
07-09-2008, 06:48 PM
What did I tell you, B?????? Someday you'll learn to listen to me...

texaspackerbacker
07-09-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm tempted to say, "see, this is what I've been saying--the ones in the know, the players don't want him to return". This, however, like all the crap spewed giving the opposite indication, is nothing more than unsubstantiated media bullshit.

Why can't people just sit back and calmly wait and see what, if anything, ever comes of this whole media-trumped-up mess? Hopefully, nothing.

PackerTimer
07-09-2008, 07:34 PM
This is funny considering what was posted on PFT, which is in a thread somewhere on the front page here. I rarely put any stock in anything on PFT, but that doesn't mean I believe this either. I'm going with Tex on this, I'm just gonna sit back and wait to see what happens. Everything that can be said has been said.

Bretsky
07-09-2008, 08:31 PM

Don't buy it for a second...........but on a sidenote.

You rip the heck out of the media and give it no credibility at all when it goes against your view; yet when the media supports one view you have you proclaim it to be factual and even add the old I told you so jargon. Pretty funny.

Sounds like a tactic somebody would use who is not use to being right

:lol:

Scott Campbell
07-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Everything that can be said has been said.

You'd think so. But I'm betting there's plenty more to come.

The logic behind the numerous faceless comments seems plausible.

Scott Campbell
07-09-2008, 08:37 PM
The rest of the article was interesting too. It said they're working with Tauscher on an extension, and Donald Lee fantasy numbers might be hurt by the coaching staff and Rodgers liking to dump the ball off to RB's. On the flip side, that should help the RB's fantasy numbers if true.

Guiness
07-09-2008, 09:51 PM

You rip the heck out of the media and give it no credibility at all when it goes against your view; yet when the media supports one view you have you proclaim it to be factual and even add the old I told you so jargon. Pretty funny.

A female with selective hearing? Perish the thought!!!

I think that conjecture in the OP is pure bunk...because the players know Brett gives them the best chance at an SB RIGHT NOW, and that's what it's all about. A bit more credit for being a vet leader is nothing compared to getting that ring.

Partial
07-09-2008, 10:54 PM

classic female :lol:

CaliforniaCheez
07-09-2008, 10:59 PM
I think Brett can still play another 3 years or even more.

However, he said he couldn't handle the mental fatigue anymore and had his press conference saying so.

Yet he told Letterman that when Training Camp came around something was bound to happen.

To me good bye meant good bye. I don't think he will return.
It is unfortunate for him but that is what he said he wanted.

Rastak
07-10-2008, 06:32 AM

That's what drives me nuts about folks in general crying about the media.

One day:
"ESPN are morons, they don't know anything about football"

Next day:
"Hey, ESPN ranked us 2nd! Cool"

cpk1994
07-10-2008, 07:00 AM
I'm tempted to say, "see, this is what I've been saying--the ones in the know, the players don't want him to return". This, however, like all the crap spewed giving the opposite indication, is nothing more than unsubstantiated media bullshit.

Why can't people just sit back and calmly wait and see what, if anything, ever comes of this whole media-trumped-up mess? Hopefully, nothing.Media trumped up huh? Favre could kill this in seconds if he wanted to. He is just as much to blame for this if not mostly, for his refusal to end this once and for all. His silence tells me all I need to know about this prima dinna. It really must piss him off that CC Sabathia is taking all his ink in the media this week.

The Leaper
07-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Leaper? You guaranteed the 'fact' that everyone on that team was of one mind. 'Facts' can be downright pesky at times, eh?

When you bring some concrete evidence besides PackerUpdate.com...which I have never even heard of before...I might concede your point.

Some blog written by a nobody isn't proof of anything...and is hardly "fact". As such, there isn't anything "pesky" about it.

texaspackerbacker
07-10-2008, 09:34 AM

Why can't people just sit back and calmly wait and see what, if anything, ever comes of this whole media-trumped-up mess? Hopefully, nothing.Media trumped up huh? Favre could kill this in seconds if he wanted to. He is just as much to blame for this if not mostly, for his refusal to end this once and for all. His silence tells me all I need to know about this prima dinna. It really must piss him off that CC Sabathia is taking all his ink in the media this week.

Hell Yeah, it's all media trumped up. And why exactly should Favre feel the need to speak out and shut up these bastards? The whole mess wasn't his doing, and if he said something, all he'd be doing is showing the rotten media idiots respect they don't deserve. I suspect those in the Packer organization that need to know his plans--or more likely LACK thereof--have been informed.

And why the hell would Favre give a shit about the Sabathia blunder that the Brewers made?

Scott Campbell
07-10-2008, 09:41 AM
The whole mess wasn't his doing,.....

BS

It's all his doing. He and his employee (Bus) are orchestrating the whole thing.

Like you said, the media are idiots. It's not that hard to use them as pawns.

bobblehead
07-10-2008, 09:54 AM
Leaper? You guaranteed the 'fact' that everyone on that team was of one mind. 'Facts' can be downright pesky at times, eh?

When you bring some concrete evidence besides PackerUpdate.com...which I have never even heard of before...I might concede your point.

Some blog written by a nobody isn't proof of anything...and is hardly "fact". As such, there isn't anything "pesky" about it.

where there is smoke there is fire. all of this is unsubstantiated rumors, so this one, imho, has at least some credibility.

texaspackerbacker
07-10-2008, 10:04 AM

BS

It's all his doing. He and his employee (Bus) are orchestrating the whole thing.

Evidence of that?

Scott Campbell
07-10-2008, 10:08 AM

BS

Evidence of that?

Lots of evidence. No proof. It's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it. :D