PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodger's Paycheck

Packers4Ever
07-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Does anyone have any idea - or remember reading about how much
Aaron has been making as Brett's back-up for 3 years?

Is he nearly as destitute as someone in my family claims? She thinks it's awful that he's had to sit there for 3 years making beans while Brett Favre
is 'rolling in it.' I don't think anything was declared to him how long it would take.

I refuse to argue, just was curious about how bad off he was. :roll:

packers11
07-10-2008, 05:04 PM
http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3118

7/30/2005: Signed a five-year, $7.7 million contract. The deal contains $4.13 million guaranteed, including a $1.5 million signing bonus. Another $16.82 million is available though incentives, $8.25 million of which can be earned if he becomes a starter. Rodgers only gets $2.2 million of that if he doesn't become a starter until 2008. 2008: $680,000, 2009: $800,000, 2010: Free Agent

RashanGary
07-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Is this some stupid attempt as sarcasm as if to say Rodgers should be happy? Well, would Brett be happy sitting on the bench for 2 mil per year. You think he'd come back for that?

These guys are competitors. They want to play and they want to make as much damn money as they can while doing it. It's completely ignorant of Favre to pull this shit year after year because it does effect other people. He's a bad teammate and an inconsiderate person. Let him ride off into the sunset with jock sniffers all over his junk.

Deputy Nutz
07-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Is this some stupid attempt as sarcasm as if to say Rodgers should be happy? Well, would Brett be happy sitting on the bench for 2 mil per year. You think he'd come back for that?

These guys are competitors. They want to play and they want to make as much damn money as they can while doing it. It's completely ignorant of Favre to pull this shit year after year because it does effect other people. He's a bad teammate and an inconsiderate person. Let him ride off into the sunset with jock sniffers all over his junk.

I know you want attention in the worst way right now, but please stop being a drama queen and pull your head out of your ass. As soon as your face doesn't smell like the pot stew that you ate for dinner last night, start posting again with some clarity.

RashanGary
07-10-2008, 05:13 PM
I know you want attention in the worst way right now, but please stop being a drama queen and pull your head out of your ass. As soon as your face doesn't smell like the pot stew that you ate for dinner last night, start posting again with some clarity.

The comeback kid :lol:

I don't know if you're the guy to be saying much here, eh?

Freak Out
07-10-2008, 05:48 PM

It's a free country and Favre can pull this shit all he wants. Did Rodgers family actually say he was destitute? Dumbfuck better learn to manage his money a little better.

Scott Campbell
07-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Even guys making the NFL minimum shouldn't be destitute. Aaron's been paid pretty well, though he's left a lot of money on the table because he isn't starting.

Tarlam!
07-10-2008, 06:30 PM

Actually, I was just lurking a little and had no intention of posting. But, the, I saw this gem.

Harrell, I could start swearing some cuss words at you. Wouldn't help though.

So I'll stick to "What Nutz said".

Charles Woodson
07-10-2008, 08:56 PM

Nicely said Nutz,

JH-Ignorance, is you saying Favre is a bad teammate.

The Leaper
07-11-2008, 07:49 AM
He's a bad teammate and an inconsiderate person.

Favre wanting to play makes him a bad teammate and inconsiderate?

That's a load of horseshit. This is a professional league...not Pee Wee football. The guys who give the team the best chance to win play. Feelings aren't factored into the equation.

Zool
07-11-2008, 07:50 AM

That's a load of horseshit. This is a professional league...not Pee Wee football. The guys who give the team the best chance to win play. Feelings aren't factored into the equation.

So why should the Packers brass give a shit if Favre feels like he can play again and feels like he wants to play again if feelings have nothing to do with it? Why should they be forced to stroke his ego and make him feel better?

The Leaper
07-11-2008, 07:52 AM
So why should the Packers brass give a shit if Favre feels like he can play again and feels like he wants to play again if feelings have nothing to do with it? Why should they be forced to stroke his ego and make him feel better?

They shouldn't give a shit about his feelings.

They should give a shit that Favre under center makes the team better in 2008.

woodbuck27
07-11-2008, 09:24 AM

Favre best offensive QB in the NFC. 2007 Record 13-3 and a loss away from a Super Bowl appearance.

Vs

Aaron Rodgers with zero NFL starts.

The Packer Fans

Zool
07-11-2008, 09:38 AM

Favre best offensive QB in the NFC. 2007 Record 13-3 and a loss away from a Super Bowl appearance.

Vs

The Packer Fans

Contrary to what you might think, you dont speak for all of us and it would be awesome if you would stop assuming that you are the be all end all of Packer everything.

Scott Campbell
07-11-2008, 09:40 AM

Vs

The Packer Fans

This isn't a Favre vs. Rodgers issue Woody. Its about whether or not people think the Packers should have done more (i.e. begging, pleading, stroking) to get Brett to come back. I prefer the grown man theory - Brett can put on his big boy pants and decide for himself.

I also don't think the Packers should be telling Brett not to come back now. For the same reason. But I don't blame them for wanting him to make up his frigg'n mind already.

Tarlam!
07-11-2008, 11:22 AM
I also don't think the Packers should be telling Brett not to come back now. For the same reason. But I don't blame them for wanting him to make up his frigg'n mind already.

You don't think TT was influenced in the off season by Brett's decision? Imagine if we actually signed Culpepper to back up A-Rod! And the Brett says, fooled ya! I'm coming back!

Scott Campbell
07-11-2008, 11:28 AM

You don't think TT was influenced in the off season by Brett's decision?

I think he's been impacted by all of this. Everyone has jobs and is busy with what they already are working on. Imagine suddenly having this shit storm dumped into your lap. It'd sure screw up my day.

Deputy Nutz
07-11-2008, 01:40 PM
This isn't a Favre vs. Rodgers issue Woody. Its about whether or not people think the Packers should have done more (i.e. begging, pleading, stroking) to get Brett to come back. I prefer the grown man theory - Brett can put on his big boy pants and decide for himself.

Exactly. If Favre is the best option for the Packers to win football games in 2008, then he should be the starting QB. At the same time, stop having mommy open her mouth to the press, handle your business like a grown man and play some football. Too many years of family and friends stroking his ego and telling him what he wants to hear. You don't hear Deanna running her mouth, she out of anyone knows how this game works with Brett Favre.

Ted Thompson didn't sign Randy Moss last year, and he didn't make your agent happy this year by not signing him, but look he has drafted a receiver in the 2nd round in every single draft, and he has gotten Favre pretty good weapons. I trust Ted Thompson in building the talent on this roster, not Favre. At the same time it is a huge gamble for Thompson. If Rodgers flames he is going to have a hell of a time digging himself out of the hole named Brett Favre. This is a time where an actual owner might come in handy. He could take all the heat off his GM by micromanaging the Favre situation, making an executive decision. Murphy is perfectly happy watching Thompson dangle out on a string with this one.

Deputy Nutz
07-11-2008, 01:42 PM

Again your face smells significantly like meatloaf and yams. You eat some weird shit.

sharpe1027
07-11-2008, 02:00 PM

Is he nearly as destitute as someone in my family claims? She thinks it's awful that he's had to sit there for 3 years making beans while Brett Favre
is 'rolling in it.' I don't think anything was declared to him how long it would take.

The other way to look at it is that as a backup QB he has been virtually guaranteed a job that pays around a million dollars a year. If he had been a starter sooner, he may have made more money in incentives, but he may also have played himself out of a job. Go back and watch his preseasons games the first couple years. I am not convinced he would have started even if Favre wasn't there...

Packers4Ever
07-11-2008, 07:07 PM

The other way to look at it is that as a backup QB he has been virtually guaranteed a job that pays around a million dollars a year. If he had been a starter sooner, he may have made more money in incentives, but he may also have played himself out of a job. Go back and watch his
preseasons games the first couple years. I am not convinced he would
have started even if Favre wasn't there...

Thanks, Sharpe, for understanding what I meant and trying to help.
I've obtained information from a couple other sources too, and am pretty well satisfied.

These yo-yo's who responded above with their tacky, classless remarks need to crawl back into their ratholes - I came in here with a perfectly logical question for some help, I'm not a diva or any other ugly descriptions that were tossed my way.

Thanks again and have a great weekend ! :wink:

HughC
07-11-2008, 11:59 PM
http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3118

7/30/2005: Signed a five-year, $7.7 million contract. The deal contains $4.13 million guaranteed, including a $1.5 million signing bonus. Another $16.82 million is available though incentives, $8.25 million of which can be earned if he becomes a starter. Rodgers only gets $2.2 million of that if he doesn't become a starter until 2008. 2008: $680,000, 2009: $800,000, 2010: Free Agent

A-Rod stands to lose $6 million if Favre comes back and is the starter?

Brett better keep an eye out for Tonya Harding and Jeff Gillolly!

http://www.hotchickshotpicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/nancy_kerrigan_biography_2.jpg

mraynrand
07-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Jeff Gillolly!

That's Jeff Stone!! He lives can be reached at his apartment, right above his laundromat.

HughC
07-12-2008, 12:29 AM
Jeff Gillolly!

That's Jeff Stone!! He lives can be reached at his apartment, right above his laundromat.

And I thought he lived in a van, down by the river.

http://www.tvdance.com/chrisfarley/images/1a.gif

SnakeLH2006
07-12-2008, 01:59 AM

True that... Hmm.. let's do "the right thing" and make young AR the QB for no reason than that Brett is a "prick" and wants to come back....HMMM... who had 5 out of 17 weeks as the NFL player of the week in 1995....err...I mean 2007!!! Brett Favre..Let him play, he's proven, AR may be good, but let it go....Jesus...like this is even has to be said again. :evil: