PDA

View Full Version : Romo, Big Ben, Elway, and Sapp comment on Favre

packers11
07-10-2008, 08:04 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

F-bombs keep flying

It's been more than 24 hours since we've had a Brett Favre-related update here, so try this on for size.

Here are some quotes from current and former NFL players, courtesy of NFL Network:

Former QB John Elway: “The hard thing is it’s always difficult to take that last little step and say, ‘I’m done, I’m finished playing something that I’ve played for so long and worked so hard to do and loved to have done.’ It’s very difficult to take that last little step. Obviously, the longer you get away from the last season, the closer you get to training camp and you get that excitement back and it’s even more difficult to step away, so I don’t really know. If we’re getting this close, I think that Brett wants to come back and if he gets that opportunity whether it’s at Green Bay or somewhere else and he goes into a situation where he feels like he has a chance to win, I think he’ll come back.”

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger: “Brett Favre is one of the best to play, he can do whatever he wants. It’s something that when you have the best quarterback, he makes a decision to do what he feels he needs to do, and I’m sure (the Green Bay Packers) need to stick by whatever (the decision is).”

Cowboys QB Tony Romo: “Oh yeah, he’s coming back for sure, are you kidding? The guy loves to play the game. The guy played at a high, high level last year and I know that if I was (on his team) you always want a good quarterback.”

Former DE Warren Sapp: “After you’ve played this game for as long as he has, you have that decision and the right to make that decision when it comes. It’s just one of those things where it’s just like, hey – it’s an end of an era, but he’s ending it, so it’s on him. I’ve had fun chasing him and watching him over the years. It’s just one of those decisions only him and his family are going to be able to sit down and make, but I’m sure he’ll make the right one.”

Coincidentally, Roethlisberger and Romo will be in Aaron Rodgers' group Friday at the American Century Championship celebrity golf tournament. Coverage will be on ESPN.

-- Tom Pelissero, tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com

Scott Campbell
07-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Coincidentally, Roethlisberger and Romo will be in Aaron Rodgers' group Friday at the American Century Championship celebrity golf tournament.

A-Rod better have the low round, or I'm gonna be pissed.

packers11
07-11-2008, 10:29 AM
pft.com

ROMO “SURE” FAVRE COMING BACK

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 11, 2008, 11:08 a.m.
Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo says he has no doubt that Brett Favre is coming out of retirement.

“Oh yeah, he’s coming back for sure. Are you kidding?” Romo said on NFL Network Thursday evening. “He’s a guy who played at a high, high level last year. [Teams] always want a good QB. They’re hard to come by.”

To Romo’s way of thinking, the only issue is how the Packers have spent the last few months preparing for life without Favre.

“I’m sure the organization wishes he didn’t retire if he wanted to come back,” Romo said. “As an athlete, you go through different feelings all the time. Sometimes you feel you need a break; sometimes you feel you can do it forever. … If anyone has earned that right to make those choices, [Favre] has.”

Romo is correct that Favre has the right to make his own choice about whether he’s playing in 2008. But the Packers have the right to make their own choice about whether he’s playing for them. And if Romo is correct about Favre’s mindset, that’s a choice the Packers will have to make soon.