PDA

View Full Version : KIRWAN SEES 80-PERCENT CHANCE OF FAVRE RETURN

packers11
07-11-2008, 09:18 AM
pft.com

KIRWAN SEES 80-PERCENT CHANCE OF FAVRE RETURN
Posted by Mike Florio on July 11, 2008, 8:54 a.m.

As the Favre watch continues to dominate the NFL news and rumors, Pat Kirwan of NFL.com offers up an informed estimate of the chances that the former Packers quarterback will return in 2008.

“I have talked with a few people close enough to Favre that I now feel comfortable that an 80 percent chance may be a conservative estimate,” Kirwan writes. “He’s throwing footballs, working out and it’s more than an itch to play.”

Really, most league insiders are now presuming that Favre will play in 2008. The only question is where. And if it’s not in Green Bay, Kirwan sums up the situation perfectly: “If Favre throws for 4,000 yards and takes a team deep into the playoffs while the Packers struggle, it could destroy careers for those who made the decision to cut him loose.”

The Leaper
07-11-2008, 09:20 AM
I'm 100% sure that Favre will tell the Packers that he wants to return.

What the Packers will do with that information, I'm 0% sure.

texaspackerbacker
07-11-2008, 09:41 AM
STILL no solid evidence, or even shaky evidence for that matter.

One media idiot consults another media idiot, and that substitutes for evidence to those scumbags.

Scott Campbell
07-11-2008, 09:43 AM
Article is a Repost.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=13144&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Scott Campbell
07-11-2008, 09:44 AM

There are now direct quotes from Bob Harlan and Mark Murphy on the matter. If there wasn't enough evidence for you before, that should be plenty enough.

retailguy
07-11-2008, 12:00 PM
What the Packers will do with that information, I'm 0% sure.

:shock: I figured you were 100% sure on EVERYTHING. :P :wink:

retailguy
07-11-2008, 12:02 PM
There are now direct quotes from Bob Harlan and Mark Murphy on the matter. If there wasn't enough evidence for you before, that should be plenty enough.

There are direct quotes from everyone, including Bugs Bunny & Charles Manson, EXCEPT for quotes from Ted Thompson.

We even have a direct quote from Brett Favre, two actually, if Al Jones can be believed.

"It's all rumor", and "no reason for it (the speculation)" :roll:

Yeah, right. :wink:

retailguy
07-11-2008, 12:03 PM

Hey Scott, how about 5 more posts, then you get to 6666. Never post again. It's a perfect number for you... :twisted:

Scott Campbell
07-11-2008, 12:12 PM

Hey Scott, how about 5 more posts, then you get to 6666. Never post again. It's a perfect number for you... :twisted:

That would be funny - if Woody didn't already believe I'm the devil. :lol:

Scott Campbell
07-11-2008, 12:13 PM

Freak Out
07-11-2008, 12:18 PM

Will you add another wife to the gaggle when you reach the 6666 milestone?

Scott Campbell
07-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Will you add another wife to the gaggle when you reach the 6666 milestone?

Another wife?

What did I ever do to you?

swede
07-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Good to have another thread on this. :roll: