PDA

View Full Version : Favre will clear the air by July 19th

GoPackGo
07-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Frank Winters has selected Brett Favre as his presenter.
http://www.packershalloffame.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=40

My gut feeling is Favre is going to clear the air on his plans before July 19th.
He wouldn't steal the spotlight of his friends induction to the Packers Hall of Fame.

*****I had to edit my prediction to July 19th(date of induction)*****

Scott Campbell
07-11-2008, 11:17 AM
I think I'll start a thread with my prediction on what time on the 16th. :lol:

What the hell. It's a slow news day.

Harlan Huckleby
07-11-2008, 12:12 PM
My gut feeling is Favre is going to clear the air on his plans before July 19th.
He wouldn't steal the spotlight of his friends induction to the Packers Hall of Fame.

Steal the spotlight!!?? This is Frank Winters 15 minutes of fame! The national media would otherwise have made only a brief mention of this ceremony. Now the name "Frank Winters" will become a household name from sea to shining sea.

It is not within Favre's power to clear the air. He is undoubtably trying to sort things out with G.B. and several other teams. That will be driven by the opening date of training camp. He will just have a "no comment" response to questions about his unretirement, no big deal.

]{ilr]3
07-11-2008, 12:17 PM
I think the Packers will do well with or without Favre at QB this year. My main issue is what happens next year? The Packers have to be concerned about the bigger picture.

All that aside,
Can you imagine Favre being released and playing for Tampa or Minnesota?
Can you imagine the regular season games that the Packers will play against these team this year?
Can you imagine the Packers meeting one of these teams in the playoffs? Or better year the NFC Championship game?
These sound like horible things for Packer/Favre fans to handle, but from an NFL fans point of view can you imagine a better sporting event to watch! :shock: The NFL just has to be licking thier chops over this! :P

Harlan Huckleby
07-11-2008, 12:19 PM
{ilr]3] These sound like horible things for Packer/Favre fans to handle, but from an NFL fans point of view can you imagine a better sporting event to watch! :shock: The NFL just has to be licking thier chops over this! :P

It's also why Favre has more trade value than most people are recognizing. He brings TV revenues, merchandise sales.

Scott Campbell
07-11-2008, 12:20 PM
He brings TV revenues, merchandise sales................

........drama........intrigue.........

GoPackGo
07-11-2008, 12:26 PM
It is not within Favre's power to clear the air. He is undoubtably trying to sort things out with G.B. and several other teams. That will be driven by the opening date of training camp. He will just have a "no comment" response to questions about his unretirement, no big deal.

Why isn't it within Favre's power to clear the air? All he has to do is go on the record and make his intentions known. I stand by my prediction that this will happen before Winters' big day on July 19th.

cpk1994
07-11-2008, 12:34 PM

Steal the spotlight!!?? This is Frank Winters 15 minutes of fame! The national media would otherwise have made only a brief mention of this ceremony. Now the name "Frank Winters" will become a household name from sea to shining sea.

It is not within Favre's power to clear the air. He is undoubtably trying to sort things out with G.B. and several other teams. That will be driven by the opening date of training camp. He will just have a "no comment" response to questions about his unretirement, no big deal.PLease. Brett doesn't even know that the words "No comment" even exist. The next time he uses them will be the first.

sharpe1027
07-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Favre could have simply said yes I'm thinking of coming back or no I'm not thinking of coming back. Instead, he allows the media to run with the story, seemingly hides behind his agent and his mom, lets the Packers organization take a beating (from his mother, no less) and divides the Packer fans.

What does he stand to gain by letting the whole thing snowball other than a lot of attention?

Maybe he is being silent because is letting others do his dirty work so that he can lay the blame elsewhere. If he does, that strikes me as disingenuous as he could have put an end to it immediately, and is at least partly responsible for the whole thing in the first place.

sheepshead
07-11-2008, 01:04 PM
I think Favre has cleared the air in a sense. This looks to me like it's squarely in TT's court.

The Leaper
07-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Favre should clear the air...considering how many farts he let loose in the Lambeau locker room.

mraynrand
07-11-2008, 01:15 PM

Favre won't clear the air, though he might clear the room - I doubt Favre will stop farting on anyone's account.

Edit: Leaper you beat me to it!!

Scott Campbell
07-11-2008, 01:29 PM
I think Favre has cleared the air in a sense. This looks to me like it's squarely in TT's court.

How so? Unless Brett unretires, there isn't anything for Ted to do. You can't trade a retired player. There's no sense in activating or cutting a retired player.

sheepshead
07-11-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm banking on the fact that all this media attention has some merit. All this talk from Cook and his family. Also, that he indeed sent a text (or some form of communication) to TT. I'm assuming all of that is true. Thus...it's in TT's court.

Just my take, but I find it hard to believe there is NO truth to any of it at this point.