PDA

View Full Version : Start the bidding!

DonHutson
07-11-2008, 04:51 PM
One used but good condition 38 year old former MVP, what are you willing to offer?

I'd take a decent veteren Backup QB and a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Delhomme and a pick?

Simms (or Garcia) and a pick?

Sage Rosenfeld and a pick?

Boller and a pick?

Zool
07-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Taylor and a pick?

1-2 year rental for a 1-2 year rental?

Brando19
07-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Favre for the entire Dolphins roster.

sheepshead
07-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Jesus, I think we're good on quarterbacks dont you?

Scott Campbell
07-11-2008, 05:21 PM
I have no interest in John Beck. He played at BYU. And he cries in interviews.

The Shadow
07-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Why not the Jets?
I've always liked Chad Pennington, and he would be a fine #2 as Brohm learns the ropes (and Flynn goes to the practice roster).

Fosco33
07-11-2008, 05:42 PM
I'd be fine with a 3rd round pick to a 'crappy' AFC team.

Heck, TT does fine with 3rd or 4th round guys but would probably parlay a 3rd into 3 6's and 2 7's.

:P

cpk1994
07-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Why not the Jets?
I've always liked Chad Pennington, and he would be a fine #2 as Brohm learns the ropes (and Flynn goes to the practice roster).Yeah, lets trade for a guy who has had multiple surgeries on his arm which is ready to fall off. good call. :roll:

The Shadow
07-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Why not the Jets?
I've always liked Chad Pennington, and he would be a fine #2 as Brohm learns the ropes (and Flynn goes to the practice roster).Yeah, lets trade for a guy who has had multiple surgeries on his arm which is ready to fall off. good call. :roll:

Smart quarterbacks don't nec. require cannon arms.
Pennington, with savvy, absolutely took the Packers to school a few seasons back.
Also, a backup role -not a starter.

cpk1994
07-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Why not the Jets?

Smart quarterbacks don't nec. require cannon arms.
Pennington, with savvy, absolutely took the Packers to school a few seasons back.
Also, a backup role -not a starter.Its not about a cannon arm, its about an arm that is still attached to his body. Starter or backup.

Freak Out
07-11-2008, 05:58 PM
If we trade #4 it damn well better be for another teams #1 pick. Nothing less.

The Shadow
07-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Is there an AFC team looking to fill a void at the Gigantic Ego position?

Charles Woodson
07-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Is there an AFC team looking to fill a void at the Gigantic Ego position?

Na i think Chad johnson can take on the responsibility for the AFC

cpk1994
07-11-2008, 06:05 PM
If we trade #4 it damn well better be for another teams #1 pick. Nothing less.I agree with this. Preferably more and I think they can get it.

bobblehead
07-11-2008, 06:06 PM

and what team would give a one for a QB on his last season, maybe two?

mraynrand
07-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Hopefully the ghost of Dan Devine or Mike Ditka will possess the body of some football executive and the Packers will get several picks, including a #1 for Favre.

The Shadow
07-11-2008, 06:08 PM

No GM in his right mind will give up a #1 pick for Favre.

cpk1994
07-11-2008, 06:09 PM

No GM in his right mind will give up a #1 pick for Favre.WEll, Al Davis is not in his right mind....

The Shadow
07-11-2008, 06:10 PM

No GM in his right mind will give up a #1 pick for Favre.WEll, Al Davis is not in his right mind....

Excellent point! But what's Favre's current 40 speed?

cpk1994
07-11-2008, 06:11 PM

Excellent point! But what's Favre's current 40 speed?Does Al even know what 40 speed means anymore?

Zool
07-11-2008, 06:13 PM

Excellent point! But what's Favre's current 40 speed?Does Al even know what 40 speed means anymore?

I think thats probably what he drives on the freeway in the left lane with his left blinker on.

Freak Out
07-11-2008, 06:15 PM

You could very well be right but one never knows for sure. SB visions make some people do crazy things. If the Queens are as close as some think don't you believe they might do it for a shot at the SB or do they owe Tavaris his starting spot?

cpk1994
07-11-2008, 06:20 PM

You could very well be right but one never knows for sure. SB visions make some people do crazy things. If the Queens are as close as some think don't you believe they might do it for a shot at the SB or do they owe Tavaris his starting spot?They might, but TT would be committing career suicide if he agreed to trade Brett to Minny.

Freak Out
07-11-2008, 06:23 PM

You could very well be right but one never knows for sure. SB visions make some people do crazy things. If the Queens are as close as some think don't you believe they might do it for a shot at the SB or do they owe Tavaris his starting spot?They might, but TT would be committing career suicide if he agreed to trade Brett to Minny.

I would get sick to my stomach if I saw him in a Queen jersey......but would also have to laugh when the Packers retired his GB jersey at halftime. :lol:

Packerarcher
07-11-2008, 09:09 PM

TT is probably committing career suicide by fucking up this whole thing.

Scott Campbell
07-11-2008, 09:11 PM

I think the only one that committed career suicide by fucking up the Brett thing was Jerry Glanville.

Packerarcher
07-11-2008, 09:24 PM

I think the only one that committed career suicide by fucking up the Brett thing was Jerry Glanville.

SC, your posts prove that you are either a Favre hater or a TT leg humper my bet is both.

GoPackGo
07-11-2008, 09:29 PM

Archer- read Tom Silverstein's take in the other thread. This isn't TT's fault. He's making the hard decisions that have to be made for the better of the team.

Packerarcher
07-11-2008, 09:41 PM

Archer- read Tom Silverstein's take in the other thread. This isn't TT's fault. He's making the hard decisions that have to be made for the better of the team.

I did read it,and no it is not hard decisions. Put #4 on the field as the starting QB for the Pack in 08 and win. Put Hangnail Rodgers on the field as the starter and if he is effective and that's a helluva a big if,he will get hurt before game 5. Probably even before that,then what because TT did nothing to get a vetran backup. Don't reply by saying they made Culpecker an offer,that's an even worse scenario than Brett backing up Rodgers imo.

GoPackGo
07-11-2008, 09:47 PM

I did read it,and no it is not hard decisions. Put #4 on the field as the starting QB for the Pack in 08 and win. Put Hangnail Rodgers on the field as the starter and if he is effective and that's a helluva a big if,he will get hurt before game 5. Probably even before that,then what because TT did nothing to get a vetran backup. Don't reply by saying they made Culpecker an offer,that's an even worse scenario than Brett backing up Rodgers imo.

I hope they can come together in harmony before the start of training camp too. If they can't, the blame for this falls squarely on #4

Scott Campbell
07-11-2008, 09:52 PM

SC, your posts prove that you are either a Favre hater or a TT leg humper my bet is both.

You got it. Excellent post.

Noobs. :lol:

Actually it's too bad people get pigeon holed into being on one side or the other. Everything would have been fine if he hadn't retired. And everything would have been fine if he stayed retired. This whole comeback thing was where things got tricky.

GBRulz
07-11-2008, 09:58 PM
the Queens are as close as some think don't you believe they might do it for a shot at the SB or do they owe Tavaris his starting spot?

The Queens will do it in order to double ticket prices this year to $6 :whist:

RashanGary
07-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Favre has a bunch of yes people in his corner. He thinks it's owed to him to have the offseason off. He thinks it's owed to him to force the GM into personnel decisions. He thinks it's owed to him to retire, unretire, retire and then unretire again just in time to miss all of the off season comittment and work. He thinks his fat contract is owed to him because he's Brett Favre.

Now he's asked to just stay home. It's about time. Really, I think the Packers were sick of it for two years already but they didnd't have a choice. He was the obvious only answer at QB and TT/MM did have a commitment to win above all else. Now, MM and TT seem to really believe they have the football solultioni to the off season headache that is Brettney Favre. Hopefully the Packersget all of the success that their off season commitment earns them and Brett gets all of the success that his off season commitment earned him.

Scott Campbell
07-11-2008, 10:00 PM
the Queens are as close as some think don't you believe they might do it for a shot at the SB or do they owe Tavaris his starting spot?

That's crazy, they'll never be able to sell any.

RashanGary
07-11-2008, 10:01 PM

:lol:

I can't believe you're not freaking pissed off beyond belief. It seems to me that even the most genuine Favre lovers have been drug through too much to hold on.

HarveyWallbangers
07-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Tampa Bay, Baltimore, and maybe Carolina seem like the most logical destinations. Let those three teams bid on Brett, and see who offers the most.

Harlan Huckleby
07-11-2008, 10:32 PM
repost from ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=williamson_bill&id=3474482

At 6-1, we have the Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jon Gruden loves collecting quarterbacks, and this would be his greatest catch of all. If Favre becomes available, it wouldn't be a shocker if the Buccaneers make a run at him. And if they do, Tampa could be attractive to Favre. This is another team to watch.

7-1 Carolina Panthers: This could be an intriguing possibility, although on Saturday The Charlotte Observer reported that Panthers general manager Marty Hurney dismissed an Internet report that Favre was interested in playing for Carolina. That said, Favre probably would like to play in the South, and the Panthers are a good quarterback away from being a solid playoff contender. Jake Delhomme can be effective, but he is coming off elbow surgery. If Favre comes back and is no longer a Packer, keep an eye on the Panthers.

8-1 Baltimore Ravens: This could be a real possibility if Favre really wants to play this season. Baltimore is a decent team in need of a quarterback. Sure, the Ravens took Delaware QB Joe Flacco in the first round of the April draft. But no one would blame the Ravens for holding off on the Flacco era in favor of Favre for a year or two. If Favre wants to come back, Baltimore could be a place to consider.

25-1 Minnesota Vikings: This is the perfect landing spot for Favre. The Vikings are the best team in need of a quarterback. The addition of Favre would make Minnesota an instant Super Bowl contender. But there's a problem: The Packers likely would never let that happen.

Harlan Huckleby
07-11-2008, 10:33 PM
The Ravens sure look to be the ONLY likely deal that reasonably suits the Packers and Favre.

bobblehead
07-11-2008, 11:22 PM

I agree, bummer sherman is a college coach now.

falco
07-11-2008, 11:26 PM
all this favre drama makes one yearn for the days of the pro and anti sherman battles

mraynrand
07-11-2008, 11:30 PM
all this favre drama makes one yearn for the days of the pro and anti sherman battles

That Sherman was an above average GM in retrospect, wasn't he?

bobblehead
07-11-2008, 11:30 PM

Obviously you are wrong and it is a VERY hard decision. Brett has changed his mind 3 times since last year, if it were easy he would have made a decision and "put #4 on the field as the starting QB for the pack"

Bretsky
07-12-2008, 12:14 AM

pipe dream; IMO we'll get a 4th. Maybe a 3rd if we are lucky. Then we can draft another backup QB like we did for the Corey Williams deal :lol:

GBRulz
07-12-2008, 01:00 AM

I can't believe you're not freaking pissed off beyond belief. It seems to me that even the most genuine Favre lovers have been drug through too much to hold on.

It doesn't even pay to get mad or upset. To be honest, I'm still pretty numb about the whole thing. No matter how you look at things, there isn't a solution that will make everyone happy.

I really don't blame TT for moving on. I don't blame Brett for changing his mind. I hope that both sides can agree on something soon.

But something that freaken does piss me off are people like you who question Favre's work ethic and lack of being committed to the team. There is no need to dog on him like you do, JH.

GBRulz
07-12-2008, 01:01 AM

pipe dream; IMO we'll get a 4th. Maybe a 3rd if we are lucky. Then we can draft another backup QB like we did for the Corey Williams deal :lol:

Na, I think we need another WR !! :wink:

Bretsky
07-12-2008, 01:04 AM

Na, I think we need another WR !! :wink:

Yes, then we can replace BallHawk's Favorite Martin :!:

SnakeLH2006
07-12-2008, 01:54 AM

Hmmmm..Didn't Kansas City do it for some legend of of SFC in 1993 for a first and a 3rd...yes this is unprecedented territory, but it will take alot for TT to make it "look good"...esp. if Favre has another great year and helps a team win games. Keep him, suck it up TT, and win 13 more games this year with Brett....Jesus, the BS politics with this shit. :roll:

Freak Out
07-12-2008, 02:08 AM

Then #4 starts for the pack.

BallHawk
07-12-2008, 10:33 AM

Even Millen thinks the Packers would be crazy for pulling the trigger on that.

MJZiggy
07-12-2008, 11:24 AM

Even Millen thinks the Packers would be crazy for pulling the trigger on that.

In that case, it must be the right decision... :lol:

Fritz
07-12-2008, 11:38 AM
I think Bretsky's right - the best you can hope for is a third. The team getting Favre is getting a guy who hasn't been in any serious off season program, seems uncertain of what he wants, and will be a rented player for a year or two, it seems. And if he does come back after the first year, will you be willing to sit through the annual I-don't-know-if-I'm-coming-back gnashing of the teeth?

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 11:39 AM
I think Bretsky's right - the best you can hope for is a third. The team getting Favre is getting a guy who hasn't been in any serious off season program, seems uncertain of what he wants, and will be a rented player for a year or two, it seems. And if he does come back after the first year, will you be willing to sit through the annual I-don't-know-if-I'm-coming-back gnashing of the teeth?

If you get to dictate where he plays, hell yeah, I'd take a 3rd.

Bretsky
07-12-2008, 11:48 AM

If you get to dictate where he plays, hell yeah, I'd take a 3rd.

I think that's the best to hope for

My guess is we get a 4th or 5th when all is said and done; the uglier it gets the harder it becomes to get a better pick.

Pretty sad when Favre probably just had his second best year when looking at the stats since about 1996.

Gunakor
07-12-2008, 11:52 AM

It doesn't even pay to get mad or upset. To be honest, I'm still pretty numb about the whole thing. No matter how you look at things, there isn't a solution that will make everyone happy.

I really don't blame TT for moving on. I don't blame Brett for changing his mind. I hope that both sides can agree on something soon.

But something that freaken does piss me off are people like you who question Favre's work ethic and lack of being committed to the team. There is no need to dog on him like you do, JH.

I don't question Favre's committment on Sundays. I don't think JH is either. But he already missed MC and OTA's when he announced his desire to come back, which should say something about his committment level right there. What he said during his press conference in March has to be taken into consideration as well.

Being committed from September thru January is different than being committed year round. This isn't dogging him, it's calling it what it looks like. He wasn't committed in March, or April, or May. He started feeling an itch in June. Now he's committed in July? I don't know... I think he might be ready to fully commit himself to another season, but the season started a couple months ago.