PDA

View Full Version : Assuming they are NOT going to keep Favre. . . .

RashanGary
07-11-2008, 06:38 PM
What should the Packers do?

SC mentioned that the Packers would be off the hook with Favre's salary if he is cut the day before the first game of the season. Teams cannot tamper so if the Packers can't find a suitable trade partner the best thing to do would be to wait till the last day and let Favre go without owing him his salary. Favre would be entering week 1 without a day of practice or any experience with the offense (as giving him a playbook would be tampering). It would be a tough spot, one Favre likely won't want to get to. More than likely he'll have to find a trading partner that the Packers agree with and get in, in time for camp. It seems like the best option. There is plenty of motivation of Favre's side to get soemthing done before the season starts and it might be nice for TT to control where Brett goes.

DonHutson
07-11-2008, 06:40 PM
A trade should be worked out if everyone settles down. Brett wants to get started with a new team. The new team will want him sooner than later. Packers want this resolved. Everyone needs to calm down and get it done.

If things aren't developing quickly Ted should threaten to keep Brett until the trade deadline, salary be damned. It shouldn't come to that though.

RashanGary
07-11-2008, 06:43 PM
I think the Packers should say very little to Brett or the media. The more time goes by the more leverage they have. They can give a list of teams they'd consider and from there let Brett's team do the work. Brett never felt in a hurry to give his responses so there really should be no hurry for us to help him out here. Like Favre, the Packers have to make a decision that is in their best interest. Surely everyone (Favre or Packer fan) can relate and understand this sentiment.

RashanGary
07-11-2008, 06:44 PM
A trade should be worked out if everyone settles down. Brett wants to get started with a new team. The new team will want him sooner than later. Packers want this resolved. Everyone needs to calm down and get it done.

If things aren't developing quickly Ted should threaten to keep Brett until the trade deadline, salary be damned. It shouldn't come to that though.

Good point. Say very little. Do not say you are going to release him. Let his team do all of the work and carry all of the worry.

RashanGary
07-11-2008, 06:46 PM
The best thing the Packers can do right now is hold their cards tight and look out for what is best for the team.

sheepshead
07-11-2008, 06:57 PM
They? youre not a stockholder?

Freak Out
07-11-2008, 06:59 PM
I was just wondering how the the shareholders meeting would go this year. :lol:

sheepshead
07-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Lovts of Favre jerseys, im guessing

Rastak
07-11-2008, 07:03 PM

Voting stockholder, anything else is just a pretty crayon picture.

HarveyWallbangers
07-11-2008, 07:13 PM

Voting stockholder, anything else is just a pretty crayon picture.

Actually, with that funny piece of paper that costs $200, we do get the right to vote.

The Leaper
07-11-2008, 07:19 PM
The Packers can only do one thing...start Aaron Rodgers and pray he doesn't get hurt.

Bretsky
07-12-2008, 12:00 AM
The Packers can only do one thing...start Aaron Rodgers and pray he doesn't get hurt.

Can I suggest we all start now ????

mraynrand
07-12-2008, 12:05 AM

I think a barrage of catcalls, boos, and continuous blasts from airhorns would be appropriate. Hey, Thanks Packer administration for flushing our legendary QB down the toilet! We appreciate it!

http://static.flickr.com/53/130245294_23b05ea699_o.jpg

The Shadow
07-12-2008, 12:25 AM

I think a barrage of catcalls, boos, and continuous blasts from airhorns would be appropriate. Hey, Thanks Packer administration for flushing our legendary QB down the toilet! We appreciate it!

I would think this fellow's salute might be better directed at #4.

mraynrand
07-12-2008, 12:33 AM
The worst thing Favre did was to be indecisive about wanting to return. The worst the thing the Packer organization did was to say they wanted a guy who never started more than they wanted an old QB who had an MVP season last year. Who cocked it up more: You make the call.

cpk1994
07-12-2008, 06:21 AM
The worst thing Favre did was to be indecisive about wanting to return. The worst the thing the Packer organization did was to say they wanted a guy who never started more than they wanted an old QB who had an MVP season last year. Who cocked it up more: You make the call.You might want to read the story from back in March when two days after TT was ready to welcome him back, Brett pulled the rug and retired. TT did nothing wrong. Favre is primadonna leaking things to the press to get TT thrown under the bus.

cpk1994
07-12-2008, 06:21 AM

I would think this fellow's salute might be better directed at #4.

Absol fucking lutely.

Fritz
07-12-2008, 09:29 AM
If someone else on this team did the things Favre has done this offseason, what would Brett Favre say?

falco
07-12-2008, 09:33 AM
If someone else on this team did the things Favre has done this offseason, what would Brett Favre say?

i heard a guy on SIRIUS NFL Radio last night saying he thinks Favre goes to Oakland based on his chemistry with Javon Walker