PDA

View Full Version : June 2nd 2008 Salary Cap Numbers

pbmax
07-12-2008, 09:10 AM
From NE Patriots Draft Blog -- http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2008/06/nfl-salary-cap-figures.html

NFL Salary Cap Figures

These are the Salary Cap figures for each team as of June 2nd. A few notes:

* The Chiefs and Packers have an absurd amount of room with nobody to spend it on. Look for them to shift more 2009 money to this year.
* The Steelers are going to need to restructure some deals to get their rookies signed.
* The Patriots' near $10,000,000 in cap room should be enough to maintain some flexibility this year, and won't require a re-working of Brady's contract.

Kansas City Chiefs...........$36.57 million
Green Bay Packers...........$32.08 million
Tampa Bay Buccaneers....$28.21 million
New Orleans Saints..........$25.88 million
Buffalo Bills.....................$23.86 million
Philadelphia Eagles...........$18.39 million
Chicago Bears..................$17.95 million
San Diego Chargers.........$15.28 million
Jacksonville Jaguars.........$13.26 million
Miami Dolphins................$13.06 million
Tennessee Titans.............$12.86 million
Atlanta Falcons.................$11.49 million
Cincinnati Bengals............$10.44 million
San Francisco.49ers..........$10.40 million
Carolina Panthers.............$10.18 million.(received.$7,450,000 credit.6/2)
New England Patriots........$9.97 million
New York Jets..................$9.85 million
St. Louis Rams................$9.83 million
Cleveland Browns............$9.15 million
New York Giants..............$8.95 million
Seattle Seahawks............$8.77 million
Washington Redskins.......$8.52 million.(received.$2,405,000 credit.6/2)
Indianapolis Colts............$8.47 million
Denver Broncos...............$6.62 million
Houston Texans..............$6.11 million
Minnesota Vikings...........$5.50 million
Dallas Cowboys..............$5.34 million
Detroit Lions...................$4.39 million.(received.$4,000,000 credit.6/2)
Arizona Cardinals............$3.64 million
Baltimore Ravens............$2.91 million
Oakland Raiders..............$2.15 million
Pittsburgh Steelers...........$980,000

falco
07-12-2008, 09:13 AM
If thats right, it may be hard for the vikings to take on Favre's salary.

interesting how the vikes went from a metric assload of cap room to almost none

pbmax
07-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Not considering rookie pool (which these numbers must still absorb), there are eleven teams that can handle Favre's $12 million base as of June without restructuring.

RashanGary
07-12-2008, 09:16 AM
The Vikings could easily make it work and the reason the Vikings went from having tons of cap space for as long as they existed to having none is because after the new CBA they are given more of other peoples money and they're out spending it like the Beverly Hillbillys.

Remember, if the Vikings do get Favre it won't be in a trade. Favre will be released and they can structure it however they want. Even in a trade they can have everything worked out ahead of time.

Bretsky
07-12-2008, 09:19 AM

A couple restructures and they'd be fine to go

pbmax
07-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Local revenue sharing gives them more cash, but not more cap room. And these numbers take into account the money the Vikings have pushed into this year from unearned LTBE incentives. So the number is what it is, but Bretsky is right, it would be a couple of contract restructures and they could handle it.

They would be stressed though. They need $5 million or so for the rookies and the $12 million for Favre. It would not leave much wiggle room. No likely quick WR FA fixes.

The Vikings could easily make it work and the reason the Vikings went from having tons of cap space for as long as they existed to having none is because after the new CBA they are given more of other peoples money and they're out spending it like the Beverly Hillbillys.

Remember, if the Vikings do get Favre it won't be in a trade. Favre will be released and they can structure it however they want. Even in a trade they can have everything worked out ahead of time.

Gunakor
07-12-2008, 10:31 AM

If Favre is released unconditionally then his current contract is voided. He can resign with any other team and any price they agree upon. Which means, if Favre does get his unconditional release, he'll be making far less than 12.8 million dollars next year. As good as he is, I don't see any team giving him that much money for likely only one year of service if they don't have to. If Favre and the Vikings agreed on a one year 5 million dollar deal then Favre is a Viking. Not that I'd expect that to happen, but it could.

Fritz
07-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Based on these numbers and other factors (who Favre is willing to go to, primarily), there aren't many potential trading partners.

pbmax
07-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Excellent point about the effect of renouncing his rights on his contract.

However, to get to that point, it will likely get ugly. I wonder which side is more prepared for all eventualities.

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 11:22 AM
I wonder which side is more prepared for all eventualities.

At this point, I'd say our foes.

Fritz
07-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Between the Packers and Favre, I'd say TT is better equipped to deal with this than Favre is.

pbmax
07-12-2008, 01:53 PM
If I want to speak to wist I will PM him. Thank you very much. I suppose you think the defensive player acquisition leaves a little to be desired too?

I wonder which side is more prepared for all eventualities.

At this point, I'd say our foes.

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 02:17 PM
If I want to speak to wist I will PM him. Thank you very much.

ROFL