PDA

View Full Version : The best compliment you can give to Brett Favre

RashanGary
07-12-2008, 10:53 AM
Mike Tirico said on the radio the other day that Favre is a guy that you could place in any era and he would be one of that eras greatest quarterbacks. I thought that was a great compliment.

I think that is very true and not something you can say about every QB. Brady and Montana would probably struggle in the early days when grit and toughness were everything. Some of the early QB's might have a harder time with the sophisticated offenses and defenses of this era.

You have to appreciate getting to watch him play. He's been a hell of a competitor. You could place his picture in the dictionary by the word football player and I don't think anyone would object.

Thank you Brett Favre. It was getting ulgy and it was time, but now that it's over it's a lot more fun to remember the good times.

sheepshead
07-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Any player today would kick ass if a time machine took them back to the 60's or 50's. That's a dumb observation by Tirico who's kind of an idiot anyway.

RashanGary
07-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Any player today would kick ass if a time machine took them back to the 60's or 50's. That's a dumb observation by Tirico who's kind of an idiot anyway.

:)

I looked at it a little different way but that was funny. I think he sits a little to high on his horse at times but I liked that statement. I thought it said alot about the way Brett played the game. To me that, and his durablity were his best qualities.

sheepshead
07-12-2008, 11:00 AM
I was trying to envision Jerry Kramer trying to stop Reggie White for instance.

bobblehead
07-12-2008, 11:02 AM
I always thought BF was a linebacker with a QB's arm. Tough, even a bit nasty. Hit him in the mouth and he would jump up and tell you "nice hit buddy" as he helped you up.

Freak Out
07-12-2008, 11:08 AM

Kramer was a crafty guy that could hold with the best of them. Plus they ran the sweep a ton and would have a dude or three cutting RW all day.

pbmax
07-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Best combination of will to win and risk taking I ever saw. And nothing short of criminal behavior will tarnish the memories.

Only Montana and Young's staggering accuracy and Marino and Cunningham's arms were as much fun to watch.

gbgary
07-12-2008, 01:17 PM
lol

bobblehead
07-12-2008, 01:25 PM

Does kramer get to use HgH and steroids to equal the playing field?