PDA

View Full Version : Vikings already after Favre.

imscott72
07-12-2008, 11:44 AM
WSSP radio in Milwaukee reports that the Vikings have made initial inquiries about Brett Favre, "pending his release from the Packers."

The station's website claims it will have more about the story in the coming future. Minnesota could and should have interest in Favre, but we strongly doubt that Favre will be released. If the Vikings want him as a potential one- or two-year fix, they'll probably have to come up with a trade package. Favre's agent, Bus Cook, brokered the Steve McNair deal (Baltimore sent Tennessee a conditional fourth-rounder for McNair in '06) two offseasons ago, so he has experience dealing with this sort of thing. Jul. 11 - 7:46 pm et
Source: SportsRadio 1250 Milwaukee

Harlan Huckleby
07-12-2008, 11:47 AM
dream on, Vikings. you want a trade? Favre for Adrian Peterson.

The Packers are far better off keeping Favre on the roster inactivated than trading him to MN. A better trade opportunity will be found sooner or later. And probably sooner, this is a mute point.

outflow
07-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Can't keep track with all the threads.

But King says this in his latest article.

"The reason the Packers will not give Favre his freedom is simple. His team of choice is Minnesota, in my opinion, in large part because Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell is a good friend of Favre's dating back to the three years (2003-05) Bevell was his quarterback coach in Green Bay."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/07/11/peter.king.favre/index.html?bcnn=yes

twoseven
07-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Seriously, offer him up for their 1st round picks in 08', 09', and 10'. If they want a SB badly enough, hey go for it. As much as I hate those purple a-holes, being able to say (if they won it all) that it took 4 ex-Packers added to the roster to FINALLY get it done in MN would be a small but very real consolation, add to that since they couldn't beat him they had to join him.

mraynrand
07-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Seriously, offer him up for their 1st round picks in 08', 09', and 10'. If they want a SB badly enough, hey go for it. As much as I hate those purple a-holes, being able to say (if they won it all) that it took 4 ex-Packers added to the roster to FINALLY get it done in MN would be a small but very real consolation, add to that since they couldn't beat him they had to join him.

Just mention Hershel Walker and I bet they make that trade.

Harlan Huckleby
07-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Seriously, offer him up for their 1st round picks in 08', 09', and 10'. If they want a SB badly enough, hey go for it.

Tell them we'll sweeten the deal with the rights to Hershel Walker.

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Seriously, offer him up for their 1st round picks in 08', 09', and 10'.

They already gave up one of those 1's for Jared Allen.

packers11
07-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Favre for 'the fraud' straight up??? :lol:

twoseven
07-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Seriously, offer him up for their 1st round picks in 08', 09', and 10'.

They already gave up one of those 1's for Jared Allen.Ooops, is it 2008 already? :oops:

My my my, where does the time go... :whist:

HarveyWallbangers
07-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Kind of funny since the Minnesota radio stations speculate that the Packers won't release Favre (and definitely wouldn't trade him to Minnesota), and that there is some question whether the Vikings would take a run at him anyways. They are committed to Tarvaris Jackson.

Bretsky
07-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Kind of funny since the Minnesota radio stations speculate that the Packers won't release Favre (and definitely wouldn't trade him to Minnesota), and that there is some question whether the Vikings would take a run at him anyways. They are committed to Tarvaris Jackson.

great to hear

T JACKSON IS THE NFC NORRIS DIVISONS MOST BELOVED PLAYER in 08 :!:

twoseven
07-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Kind of funny since the Minnesota radio stations speculate that the Packers won't release Favre (and definitely wouldn't trade him to Minnesota), and that there is some question whether the Vikings would take a run at him anyways. They are committed to Tarvaris Jackson.It's that exact same mentality that has netted them all of those Super Bowl Trophies they have.

HowardRoark
07-12-2008, 12:39 PM
http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/20/ShowForum.aspx

imscott72
07-12-2008, 01:41 PM
I think the Queens would snatch Favre up to stick it to us more than anything..

Rastak
07-12-2008, 01:44 PM

I don't see it happening. The Packers would never trade him and the Vikings are probably not all that interested. If he were a free agent they might consider a two year deal IMO but I don't see him becoming a free agent anytime soon.

VegasPackFan
07-12-2008, 01:45 PM
TT is too smart to do anything that would end in having Favre in the division.

BallHawk
07-12-2008, 01:45 PM
This won't happen, but if it did ESPN would be even happier than if Favre had his jersey retired on MNF. They'd have Favre starting his first game in a different uniform AT Lambeau.

Jesus, the media would be beyond belief.

cpk1994
07-12-2008, 01:50 PM
This won't happen, but if it did ESPN would be even happier than if Favre had his jersey retired on MNF. They'd have Favre starting his first game in a different uniform AT Lambeau.

Jesus, the media would be beyond belief.If Favre plays, his jersey won't be retired this year. They aren't going to retire it if he is not there, and they sure as hell won't retire if by some snowballs chance in hell he ended up in Minnesota. BTW, his chances of landing in Minny are slim and none, and slim was never in the conversation.

woodbuck27
07-12-2008, 06:49 PM

Hahahahahahahahaha... you've got a great sense of humor Harvey. Very funny. :D

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 06:57 PM

Hahahahahahahahaha... you've got a great sense of humor Harvey. Very funny. :D

Well seeing that Harv lives in Minny, and you live in Siberia - I'm gonna have to give the nod to Harv on this one.

MJZiggy
07-12-2008, 06:58 PM
TT said this afternoon that there had been no inquiries about Favre from any team.

woodbuck27
07-12-2008, 07:03 PM
TT said this afternoon that there had been no inquiries about Favre from any team.

Well 'of course' then. Lets believe Ted Thompson.

THANKS MJ.

MJZiggy
07-12-2008, 07:06 PM
You're welcome. Let me just ask you Woodbuck...would you want Brett Favre winning a Super Bowl in a Minnesota Vikings uniform?

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 07:08 PM

THANKS MJ.

Don't let your hatred consume you Woody.

woodbuck27
07-12-2008, 07:15 PM
You're welcome. Let me just ask you Woodbuck...would you want Brett Favre winning a Super Bowl in a Minnesota Vikings uniform?

I want him to win a Super bowl in a Green Bay Packers uniform MJZiggy, but I suspect that TT's overboss's are playing a rather large role here and have since TT arrived.

That's why TT appears to have so much difficulty shitting or getting off the pot. I"ve been trying to convince PackerRats posters of this since TT arrived.

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 07:16 PM
I"ve been trying to convince PackerRats posters of this since TT arrived.

Well you're doin a great job Woody! :lol:

woodbuck27
07-12-2008, 07:17 PM

THANKS MJ.

Don't let your hatred consume you Woody.

Do you have ' a studder ' Scott Campbell to go along with your obsessiveness?

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Are you a stud Scott Campbell to go along with your graciousness?

Oh Woody, stop. :oops:

woodbuck27
07-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Are you a stud Scott Campbell to go along with your graciousness?

Oh Woody, stop. :oops:

Go now Scott. It's supper time. Your getting weaker.

MJZiggy
07-12-2008, 07:28 PM
You didn't answer my question Woody. You say you want Favre released yesterday, do you want him to be released, wind up with Minny and win a Super Bowl with them?

The Shadow
07-12-2008, 07:29 PM

I want him to win a Super bowl in a Green Bay Packers uniform MJZiggy, but I suspect that TT's overboss's are playing a rather large role here and have since TT arrived.

That's why TT appears to have so much difficulty shitting or getting off the pot. I"ve been trying to convince PackerRats posters of this since TT arrived.

If he delivers 13-3 every year, his woeful incompetence gets my vote every time!

CaliforniaCheez
07-12-2008, 07:36 PM
"Vikings already after Favre."

The Vikings will not be as successful.

If Joe Montana at age 38 was worth a 1st round pick, a third round pick and a player in an interconference trade with the Chiefs, a division rival will have to pony up much more.

Joe had only thrown 21 passes in 2 years prior to his trade and had never had a 4000 yard season.

Now if the Vikings gave up 2 first round picks to the Packers...

woodbuck27
07-12-2008, 07:42 PM
You didn't answer my question Woody. You say you want Favre released yesterday, do you want him to be released, wind up with Minny and win a Super Bowl with them?

I'm far removed in my ways and personality to even act the control freak MJZiggy.I take pride in the fact I endeavour to exercise proper authority over myself in terms of integrity.

If Favre is released I and you have no control over his choices, in his rights of being employed.

Asking me if I care or not if Favre suited up with 'the purple and gold', only implies that you or I might have any control over that... thus the question is moot.

woodbuck27
07-12-2008, 07:46 PM

If he delivers 13-3 every year, his woeful incompetence gets my vote every time!

You know very well what happens if you lick your lips too much.

oregonpackfan
07-12-2008, 07:48 PM

One talk show estimated if the above situation took place, ESPN would probably have the highest rating of any NFL regular season game ever broadcast on TV.

woodbuck27
07-12-2008, 07:52 PM

One talk show estimated if the above situation took place, ESPN would probably have the highest rating of any NFL regular season game ever broadcast on TV.

That stuff ...'only' in the movies. :D

Brett Favre won't play for the vikings or Bears or DETROIT. Hahahaha

but.....

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 07:59 PM

I'm far removed in my ways and personality to even act the control freak MJZiggy.I take pride in the fact I endeavour to exercise proper authority over myself in terms of integrity.

If Favre is released I and you have no control over his choices, in his rights of being employed.

Asking me if I care or not if Favre suited up with 'the purple and gold', only implies that you or I might have any control over that... thus the question is moot.

The Canadian Zen Master. :lol:

That post is a frigg'n mess. Hilarious!

woodbuck27
07-12-2008, 08:02 PM

The Canadian Zen Master. :lol:

That post is a frigg'n mess. Hilarious!

Not everyone can be as 'simple' as YOU Scott.

cpk1994
07-13-2008, 06:29 AM

THANKS MJ.You're going to believe the medias unmaned sources over TT the GM of the team in question? You are a bigger idiot than I thought.

woodbuck27
07-13-2008, 08:28 AM

THANKS MJ.You're going to believe the medias unmaned sources over TT the GM of the team in question? You are a bigger idiot than I thought.

Only an idiot refers to another man with that description cpk1994 and mister your certainly consummed with hatred. Of course your likely very young with room to grow.

Good luck with that. :D

mission
07-14-2008, 03:50 AM
lol i picture woody as some bible thumpin alaskan (but canadian, so not as cool) al borland (tool time) with an alcohol problem and tin foil on his TV for better reception...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

supper time for YOU SCOTT!

swede
07-14-2008, 07:49 AM
T JACKSON IS THE NFC NORRIS DIVISONS MOST BELOVED PLAYER in 08 :!:

Tavaris Jackson is the Wayne Fontes of NFC Central quarterbacks.

The opposing teams are his biggest fans.

cpk1994
07-14-2008, 01:08 PM

Only an idiot refers to another man with that description cpk1994 and mister your certainly consummed with hatred. Of course your likely very young with room to grow.

Good luck with that. :DPot calling the fucking kettle. Second of all, Im not very young at all, either. At least your post is semi coherent this time. But other than that, you're still an idiot.