PDA

View Full Version : FAVRE’S BROTHER: HE’S NOT WANTED

packers11
07-12-2008, 12:07 PM
pft.com

FAVRE’S BROTHER: HE’S NOT WANTED

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 12, 2008, 12:47 p.m.
Scott Favre, Brett Favre’s older brother, says the reason Brett asked the Packers for his release is simple: The Packers don’t want him.

In an interview with Favre family friend Al Jones of the Biloxi Sun-Herald, who can reliably be counted on to give the Favre family spin on any story, Scott Favre says, “Why wouldn’t he want a release? They have moved on. By not saying anything, it says a lot. If they wanted him back, they could have said, ‘if you want to come back, we want you back.’ Why would he want to go back, if he’s not wanted? You tell me?”

Jones criticizes Packers General Manager Ted Thompson for responding to a text message from Favre by saying he was on vacation and couldn’t talk, and he writes that Thompson has “an ego problem.”

If Jones is writing it, that means Favre thinks it. And that means Thompson had better be ready for a PR battle against the most popular player in franchise history.

mraynrand
07-12-2008, 12:10 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/images/300/baby_crying_closeup.jpg

digitaldean
07-12-2008, 12:12 PM
pft.com

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 12, 2008, 12:47 p.m.
Scott Favre, Brett Favre’s older brother, says the reason Brett asked the Packers for his release is simple: The Packers don’t want him.

In an interview with Favre family friend Al Jones of the Biloxi Sun-Herald, who can reliably be counted on to give the Favre family spin on any story, Scott Favre says, “Why wouldn’t he want a release? They have moved on. By not saying anything, it says a lot. If they wanted him back, they could have said, ‘if you want to come back, we want you back.’ Why would he want to go back, if he’s not wanted? You tell me?”

Jones criticizes Packers General Manager Ted Thompson for responding to a text message from Favre by saying he was on vacation and couldn’t talk, and he writes that Thompson has “an ego problem.”

If Jones is writing it, that means Favre thinks it. And that means Thompson had better be ready for a PR battle against the most popular player in franchise history.

I think the Favre family should just stop being Brett's mouthpiece. Brett should be a man and stop hiding behind his mom, brother and his agent. If you got a problem with TT, come right out and say it.

Sounds like Brett has the ego problem. By the way, TT is his boss. Even though Brett makes astronomically more than TT, TT still calls the personnel shots and Brett appears not to grasp that fact.

pbmax
07-12-2008, 12:13 PM
I love the selective memory. Al Jones doesn't mention Favre retired, Scott Favre doesn't mention it either.

So far, the Packers are out in front of this one in media rep. Favre's proxies are still defending the decision to request a release. The Packer leakers are already defining the debate about who gets to decide where he goes and when.

It will be interesting to see what McCarthy and Thompson are willing to confirm during their chat with Silverstein.

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 12:15 PM
It will be interesting to see what McCarthy and Thompson are willing to confirm during their chat with Silverstein.

I think they're in a no win situation. I wish they wouldn't say anything.

packers11
07-12-2008, 12:15 PM

Become they are welcoming him back??? :wink:

Bretsky
07-12-2008, 12:16 PM
If I could remember how to post a picture I'd find one of

SUSAN POWERS with her STOP THE INSANITY blurp

pbmax
07-12-2008, 12:19 PM
I originally thought McCarthy would have problems with situations like this, but since the Al Harris OTA mini-debacle, he has gotten much wiser about Holmgren-ing. Which is the art of saying a lot while revealing little. Dr. Z thought he was better at it than anyone.

With Thompson there, I don't expect trouble. Its is more a matter of where they want the public discussion focused. The only question is will they make a wise choice. Yesterday, they did OK.

Harlan Huckleby
07-12-2008, 12:21 PM
I love the selective memory. Al Jones doesn't mention Favre retired, Scott Favre doesn't mention it either.

yes, he retired. Then unretired. Then retired again. And is now unretiring again. All in three months.

pbmax
07-12-2008, 12:23 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51y-qaRPB6L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

mraynrand

yes, he retired. Then unretired. Then retired again. And is now unretiring again. All in three months.

According to Packer and NFL sources.

Lurker64
You know who I don't want to hear from anymore? Favre's brother. Add to this his mother, his uncle, his third cousin, that guy who bags his groceries, etc. I'm sick of Favre talking through other people. I'm starting to suspect that Favre is more sneaky and dishonest than any of us suspected.

Harlan Huckleby
07-12-2008, 12:24 PM

good point, Tex

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 12:25 PM
[quote=pbmax]I love the selective memory. Al Jones doesn't mention Favre retired, Scott Favre doesn't mention it either.

good point, Tex[/quote

ROFL

Harlan Huckleby
07-12-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm starting to suspect that Favre is more sneaky and dishonest than any of us suspected.

Sounds like TT's plan to paint Favre as the bad guy is working!! :lol:

Really, I don't see Favre being sneaky and dishonest, just indecisive.

It's like when a couple breaks up and gets back together again several times before something sticks. He's just going through an emotional roller coaster.

pbmax
07-12-2008, 12:26 PM
The others I agree with your assessment.

The grocery bag guy, though, usually has the straight dope. That's why I subscribe to his newsletter and read his blog "Brown Bag Afternoon".

You know who I don't want to hear from anymore? Favre's brother. Add to this his mother, his uncle, his third cousin, that guy who bags his groceries, etc. I'm sick of Favre talking through other people. I'm starting to suspect that Favre is more sneaky and dishonest than any of us suspected.

Bretsky
07-12-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm starting to suspect that Favre is more sneaky and dishonest than any of us suspected.

Really, I don't see Favre being sneaky and dishonest, just indecisive.

It's like when a couple breaks up and gets back together again several times before something sticks. He's just going through an emotional roller coaster.

WHAT HARLAN SAID

Freak Out
07-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Scott Favre should shut his trap and Brett should come back and play for the Packers.

cpk1994
07-12-2008, 01:59 PM
You know who I don't want to hear from anymore? Favre's brother. Add to this his mother, his uncle, his third cousin, that guy who bags his groceries, etc. I'm sick of Favre talking through other people. I'm starting to suspect that Favre is more sneaky and dishonest than any of us suspected.You forgot his pilot.

cpk1994
07-12-2008, 02:00 PM
pft.com

I agree. Scott Favre is not wanted. He is a waste of oxygen.

falco
07-12-2008, 02:01 PM

good point, Tex

this is my 2nd favorite post of the day

mraynrand
07-12-2008, 02:01 PM

good point, Tex

ROFL

Hey, Wha Happened?