PDA

View Full Version : Hatered for Brett?

wpony
07-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Hi every one I cant believe all this hatred for Bret out here he has been our QB and hero for so long more than I bet some of you can remember .
I understand that the packers couldn't stand still when he said he was retiring but when he said he was thinking he wanted to come back he should have been invited back with open arms to compete for the spot and may the best man win.
After all he has given to the Packers don't you feel he deserves a chance at least and don't you believe we want the best man on the field no matter who it is.

VegasPackFan
07-12-2008, 01:42 PM
They already went thorugh that scenario 2 weeks after he retired in March/April, and he re-neged on the comeback deal 2 days before they were to do it. How many friggin times do they need to play the yo-yo game before it becomes detrimental to the plans they have to make for the draft and the offseason?

BallHawk
07-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Both sides have made mistakes.

I just sincerely hopes this doesn't end with bad blood.

Both sides of this situation, the Packers and Brett, have their own plans for what they want to.

I just hope that they can put aside their agendas and resolve this peacefully. Favre is a legend and I don't want his legend to be tarnished beyond what it already has been.

I'm not optimistic this will get worked out peacefully, nor am I pessimistic. It's just a wait and see situation.

digitaldean
07-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi every one I cant believe all this hatred for Bret out here he has been our QB and hero for so long more than I bet some of you can remember .
I understand that the packers couldn't stand still when he said he was retiring but when he said he was thinking he wanted to come back he should have been invited back with open arms to compete for the spot and may the best man win.
After all he has given to the Packers don't you feel he deserves a chance at least and don't you believe we want the best man on the field no matter who it is.

TT and M3 went through that in March, only to have Brett reneg on their meeting. Remember, TT and M3 chartered a jet in March after Brett changed his mind. Then Brett cancels?

Does Brett deserve to be on the Packers? Yes. Does he deserve all this waffling in the wind crap. Absofrickinlutely, NO. Remember the Packer nation has had to endure this stinkin' soap opera for the past 3-4 years.

All this talking through the family and his agent and the doofus Al Jones for the Biloxi Sun-Herald is shameful. TT and M3 stood up like men and said you can come back Brett, even after all the wavering. It's not the scenario he wants, obviously, but that's his own problem.

I remember the dark ages between the sixties and 1992. Only Lynn Dickey was a decent QB, then even he goes back and asks to be pulled from the lineup in a game at St. Louis.

Brett signed a contract. The Packers have to live up paying him for the length of that contract and for the amount that is on that contract. Brett has to play here for the length of that contract. If he doesn't like the scenario, he can retire for good.

The only one Brett can blame is the guy he sees in the mirror, himself. He has done IMMENSE things for the Packers and their fans. But right now, his special treatment (skipping OTAs, skipping portions of training camp, having a separate locker room) should stop once and for all. Be a part of the team.

Don't sit and say I couldn't play for another team than Green Bay, then start this crap about wanting to be released.

Let's face it, Brett's playing days have a certain shelf life. He either has to work this out with the Packers (who he really has stiff-armed once already this year), or stay in Mississippi retired.

I am grateful to have seen him play and for all that he has done. But when you retire, then want back, then change you mind to stay retired, then change AGAIN to want back in, that's about it.

Look, to be honest, Lombardi had special rules for certain players. But in no way shape or form would he have put up with this BS.

:soap:

Here, endeth the rant.......

mraynrand
07-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi every one I cant believe all this hatred for Bret out here

HE WAFFLED, DAMMIT!!!

http://www.foutz.net/images/hamlet.jpg

Alas! Poor Reggie! I knew him, Ted Thompson!

DonHutson
07-12-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't hate Brett at all. He's been and probably always will be my favorite Packer. Nobody has been more fun to watch and nobody has had more fun playing the game than Brett.

I don't really blame him for wanting to come back. I was proud of him when he retired because it looked like he would be one of the very rare players that left the game on his own terms before he fell apart. You can count those guys on one hand: Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and maybe a couple of others.

So yeah, it's disappointing that it looks like Brett will need to play this out until he physically can't do it anymore. But I can't be mad at him for that. 99.99% of the players that leave the game leave against their will or after they realize they can't play at the level they expect of themselves.

I'm annoyed that he couldn't make up his mind and stick to it. I would have been happy to have him back earlier in the year. I think it's too late now. Not because I think Rodgers is better or more talented, but because I want to know our starting QB is 100% committed in his head and his heart to the Packers. Whatever Brett says now, I don't believe he knows himself if he can make that committment through the end of a long season. He's said himself numerous times this summer that he's not sure. He's sure now? I can't buy it.

And I don't buy that the Packers should feel obligated to release Favre for services rendered. The Packers have done a lot for Favre too. It's not a one way street. Both sides should get what they want in this deal. If Favre wants to play, God bless him and the Packers should help him do that. But the Packers have the right and I would say the obligation to receive something in return and to protect their interests.

There doesn't need to be a lot of bad blood and hurt feelings here. If there are, they will recede from our memories soon.

HarveyWallbangers
07-12-2008, 02:20 PM
I don't hate Brett at all. He's been and probably always will be my favorite Packer. Nobody has been more fun to watch and nobody has had more fun playing the game than Brett.

I don't really blame him for wanting to come back. I was proud of him when he retired because it looked like he would be one of the very rare players that left the game on his own terms before he fell apart. You can count those guys on one hand: Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and maybe a couple of others.

So yeah, it's disappointing that it looks like Brett will need to play this out until he physically can't do it anymore. But I can't be mad at him for that. 99.99% of the players that leave the game leave against their will or after they realize they can't play at the level they expect of themselves.

I'm annoyed that he couldn't make up his mind and stick to it. I would have been happy to have him back earlier in the year. I think it's too late now. Not because I think Rodgers is better or more talented, but because I want to know our starting QB is 100% committed in his head and his heart to the Packers. Whatever Brett says now, I don't believe he knows himself if he can make that committment through the end of a long season. He's said himself numerous times this summer that he's not sure. He's sure now? I can't buy it.

And I don't buy that the Packers should feel obligated to release Favre for services rendered. The Packers have done a lot for Favre too. It's not a one way street. Both sides should get what they want in this deal. If Favre wants to play, God bless him and the Packers should help him do that. But the Packers have the right and I would say the obligation to receive something in return and to protect their interests.

There doesn't need to be a lot of bad blood and hurt feelings here. If there are, they will recede from our memories soon.

:bclap:

motife
07-12-2008, 02:29 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0705/gallery.nfl.oldfaces.wrongplaces/images/unitas_.jpg

http://www.prosportspictures.com/images/kansas-city-chiefs/montana-kansas-city-chiefs.jpg

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2008/07/07/22/20-favrethumb_0708.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.gif

BallHawk
07-12-2008, 02:29 PM

Double clap for you, Don. You've proven yourself as one of the more levelheaded members of this forum. :D

Pugger
07-12-2008, 02:46 PM
I don't hate Brett either. I'm a big fan but I'm disappointed in him big time. :( If indeed TT and MM told him in late March he was welcome to return but he changed his mind AGAIN then I don't blame the Packer organization at all. I'm sure they've had it up to here with this retirement saga. If Brett can't make up his mind about what he wants to do :huh: he can't expect the Packers to sit around forever. TT has to do what is in the best interest for the team. I won't be surprised if the Packers end up trading Brett to an AFC team in the end. Very sad indeed... :cry: