PDA

View Full Version : Possibilities

3irty1
07-12-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm impressed with the Packers management so far in dealing with Favre and the situation. I maintain my confidence that they are doing the right thing. It seems unlikely right now that they will either release or trade Favre at this point and they have expressed that Favre would be welcome back as a backup to Aaron Rodgers. Here's how I can see this playing out:

1. Favre loses interest and quietly decides to stay retired. After his mind-changing rampage the Packers are smart to give him every opportunity to stay retired.

2. Invite him as a backup and Favre accepts and comes to camp. This is the ultimate test of Favre's commitment to playing football in 2008. If he is willing to show up to training camp with expectations of holding a clip board there is no question that his love of the game has gotten the better of him and that his heart is in the right place. However I seriously doubt that at the end of training camp McCarthy awards the starting job to Rodgers. This is a professional team committed to winning and will put the best QB on our roster out there on week 1. There is little doubt that Favre will beat out A-Rod.

3. Favre activates himself to come to TC with the pretenses of being a backup to A-Rod. I think there is a good chance A-Rod sees the writing on the wall and flips out at this. What a terrible situation to be in being the only thing inbetween Favre and a starting job. A-Rod and the Packers no longer would seem to be a fit as he deserves a better situation than the Packers can give him and he does not give us the best chance of winning football games. A-Rod asks to be dealt someplace where he can finally start his career in the NFL (Dolphins for a certain DE maybe?). Favre becomes the starter for 2008, Brohm the new QB of the future.

texaspackerbacker
07-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Very nice, but there is probably a 4th, as well as maybe a 5th and possibly even a 6th:

Trade, Release during or after camp, or the ever popular phantom injury/IR.

Make that a 7th too. He might really get injured.

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 03:55 PM
.............. or the ever popular phantom injury/IR.

Please tell me that the Favre woudn't pull a Rosenhammy.

pbmax
07-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Hard to get traded when you have one of those. Did McKenzie get that AFTER Rosenhaus or was that his excuse before he changed agents?

3irty1
07-12-2008, 04:31 PM

More likely that Favre gets real injuries and is phantom healthy.

3irty1
07-13-2008, 11:04 AM
It seems its even more important to get some help on the DL in the wake of the John Jolly news. Jason Taylor is sure looking good.

texaspackerbacker
07-13-2008, 11:08 AM

I more had in mind the team making it happen--or more likely, just putting him on some other status--P.U.P or whatever.

Get this Jason Taylor crap outta here. Even with the Jolly news, no way no how on Taylor.

3irty1
07-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Get this Jason Taylor crap outta here. Even with the Jolly news, no way no how on Taylor.

No way no how as in not possible or no way no how as in you don't want him?

Why? and/or why?

texaspackerbacker
07-13-2008, 11:26 AM
I absolutely don't want the Packers to get him.

I am also fairly (but not 100%) confident they won't.

cpk1994
07-13-2008, 11:37 AM

Why? and/or why?IF you are thinking of trading Brett for him, Not going to happen as Miami doesn't run a WCO.

3irty1
07-13-2008, 04:11 PM

Why? and/or why?IF you are thinking of trading Brett for him, Not going to happen as Miami doesn't run a WCO.

Well Miami doesn't run much of an O at all but I was talking about A-Rod.

woodbuck27
07-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Very nice, but there is probably a 4th, as well as maybe a 5th and possibly even a 6th:

Trade, Release during or after camp, or the ever popular phantom injury/IR.

Make that a 7th too. He might really get injured.

Lovely man. You = :evil: