PDA

View Full Version : The "Reneg"

VegasPackFan
07-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Isn't it interesting that there was absolutley no news and no leaks concerning the return/no return/reneg drama of late March early April?

Guess it wasnt in BF's interest to have his agent or family leak details of THAT episode.

Meanwhile the team kept it quiet and took the high road and moved on.

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Good point. That should have been a sign to them that Favre planned on stirring things up this summer.

texaspackerbacker
07-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Isn't it interesting that there was absolutley no news and no leaks concerning the return/no return/reneg drama of late March early April?

Guess it wasnt in BF's interest to have his agent or family leak details of THAT episode.

This just proves that the media assholes know absolutely nothing more than any of us in here. It's comforting to know as I eat the crow (hey, that rhymes) for being dead wrong about Favre not having any interest in actively pursuing coming back, all those overpaid know-nothings were just as much in the dark.

CaliforniaCheez
07-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Reporters just don't actively persue stories.

Stories come to them.

I didn't like Bus Cook for all the bad things he said about the Packers and Randy Moss which for the most part were untrue. I really dislike Bus for all this mess.

Brett could be an honored guest for decades at Fanfest and ceremonial coin tosses etc. Bus Cook doesn't care about that.

When people are adults and give their word on a matter the boss usually believes them.

texaspackerbacker
07-12-2008, 06:48 PM
[quote="CaliforniaCheez"]Reporters just don't actively persue stories.

Stories come to them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, right.

And I bet you believe in the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny too.

woodbuck27
07-12-2008, 07:08 PM

Stories come to them.

I didn't like Bus Cook for all the bad things he said about the Packers and Randy Moss which for the most part were untrue. I really dislike Bus for all this mess.

Brett could be an honored guest for decades at Fanfest and ceremonial coin tosses etc. Bus Cook doesn't care about that.

When people are adults and give their word on a matter the boss usually believes them.

Yes the fact that Favre's agent is so 'in the front' of this bothers me too.

This should be really simple now. Favre re-instates formally as NFL guidelines specify he must. He shows up in TC and beats Aaron Rodgers out of the starting QB job.

Too simple ...too easy.

No!

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 07:11 PM

Stories come to them.

I think it would be pretty funny if Ted's mom started talking to the media - tongue and cheek.

"And I thought those two boys were getting along so well. I'm going to give my Ted a long talking to about his textamajiggy contraption. I better give Bonita a call and see if we can set up a play date".

woodbuck27
07-12-2008, 07:22 PM

Stories come to them.

I think it would be pretty funny if Ted's mom started talking to the media - tongue and cheek.

"And I thought those two boys were getting along so well. I'm going to give my Ted a long talking to about his textamajiggy contraption. I better give Bonita a call and see if we can set up a play date".

I'm just saying there's too much AGENT factor here.

Favre is already under contract but then.... well maybe..... he wants a raise for the awesome season he certainly helped produce last year. You know... as our starting QB.

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 07:25 PM

Stories come to them.

Favre is already under contract but then.... well maybe..... he wants a raise for the awesome season he certainly helped produce last year. You know... as our starting QB.

I had a theory that because he was already under contract, that he didn't need Bus Cook involved if he just wanted to return to the Packers. I still have my suspicions that he wanted out of GB all along. That's why Bus is involved. And that's why he welched on his March deal to come back.

But it's just a theory.

CaliforniaCheez
07-12-2008, 07:52 PM
So if Brett is mad about something,

What could it be??

digitaldean
07-12-2008, 07:55 PM

What could it be??

TT must've stiffed Brett Favre's Steakhouse for some catering last season....

woodbuck27
07-12-2008, 07:59 PM

Stories come to them.

I had a theory that because he was already under contract, that he didn't need Bus Cook involved if he just wanted to return to the Packers. I still have my suspicions that he wanted out of GB all along. That's why Bus is involved. And that's why he welched on his March deal to come back.

But it's just a theory.

and....that theory coming from YOU Scott. :D

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 08:04 PM
and....that theory coming from YOU Scott. :D

Well I'm not the one insisting that he'll be released.

Bretsky
07-12-2008, 08:04 PM

On the other hand I find it interesting that Fox has been the only source even admitting that such a thing occured. Other than that it just names sources and every paper seems to use that mojo.

What a brilliant PR move that would be if it never really occured and a Packer source just leaked the story when it was untrue.

Not saying I believe that; but up to this point Jay Glazer is really the only name I've seen attached to this.

And MANY rip the crap out of Bus, the family...etc...for leaking stuff

I wonder who leaked this to Jay Glazer to report ?? Hmmmm

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 08:07 PM
On the other hand I find it interesting that Fox has been the only source even admitting that such a thing occured. Other than that it just names sources and every paper seems to use that mojo.

Excellent point Tex!

*blatently stolen from Harlan*

Bretsky
07-12-2008, 08:09 PM

Excellent point Tex!

Consistently the same message was being sent over and over regarding what was ahead for us with the Favre situation. With this story we have one person carrying it . It's probably true; but if it's made up and leaked that move would be absolutely brilliant.

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 08:11 PM

Excellent point Tex!

Consistently the same message was being sent over and over regarding what was ahead for us with the Favre situation. With this story we have one person carrying it . It's probably true; but if it's made up and leaked that move would be absolutely brilliant.

Really? I think it'd be kind of shitty.

The Shadow
07-12-2008, 08:12 PM

What could it be??

I think that the Packer organization finally got tired of having the team's welfare consistently take a backseat to Favre's diva act - to their credit.
The annual "Will I play?" routine had to make planning a nightmare every offseason, to say nothing of the pouting over which free agents must be signed. Comments like "I am not going to ever change the way I play" - when games were many times lost on boneheaded decisions have long demonstrated an immature attitude embarassing for any veteran player, let alone a player of Favre's stature. Finally, spouting off on the situations of other players is NOT the realm of a teammate - it should be handled strictly by management.
Sure, he is a great player and gave a lot to his team. But : it is a TEAM.
Favre came to believe he was more important than the Packers - and now is stamping his feet and threatening to hold his breath until the team once again caves in to his desires.
Well, Daddy finally has had enough and is saying "No" to Brett.
The Packer organization is displaying the backbone so seldom found these days in player-organization disputes.
As painful as the whole situation is, their decision to concentrate on what is best for the team is the right way to go.

Bretsky
07-12-2008, 08:13 PM

Excellent point Tex!

Really? I think it'd be kind of shitty.

True...on other hand some of what the Favre camp has done has been kind of shitty too.

I have not read the TT interview today so if he noted that occured my apologies for posting the drivel.

mraynrand
07-12-2008, 08:28 PM
I don't think the story of Favre wavering is false, but it is coming from one side (Packers and NFL sources), so I doubt that it went down exactly as has been reported. Just like TT has in no way behaved any way close to the way Scott and Mama Favre tell it.

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 08:30 PM
I don't think the story of Favre wavering is false, but it is coming from one side (Packers and NFL sources), so I doubt that it went down exactly as has been reported. Just like TT has in no way behaved any way close to the way Scott and Mama Favre tell it.

If the story weren't a poor reflection on Brett, Bonita would have covered it in her press tour already.

mraynrand
07-12-2008, 08:39 PM

If the story weren't a poor reflection on Brett, Bonita would have covered it in her press tour already.

And now reading the exact quotes from McCarthy , it appears much closer to the reported story.

VegasPackFan
07-13-2008, 01:02 AM
It is not just Fox telling this story. TT pretty much gave the same timeline of events to Silverstein today.

Fritz
07-13-2008, 09:48 AM
On the 'timeline" thread I posted a response to the idea that TT and MM might have "brilliantly" orchestrated the whole timeline thing to make themselves look good and throw some blame back at Favre.

In that thread, I wrote, essentially, that if you want to lie or spin the truth, you don't give details. it's too easy to fact check things like borrowing planes or how many phone calls you made.

i don't think TT and MM are just throwing mud. I think they've run out of patience with the Favre clan and are trying to quell some of the public uprising by demonstrating that they were in fact more than open to Favre returning.

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Could be something that Bus didn't count on - that the Favre clan aren't the only ones that can use the media to get their message out.

Bretsky
07-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Could be something that Bus didn't count on - that the Favre clan aren't the only ones that can use the media to get their message out.

Yup, and GB Brass is much more effective