PDA

View Full Version : Locker Update?

Harlan Huckleby
07-12-2008, 08:16 PM
I wonder what the status is on the Brett Favre Locker Preservation Story.

Initial reports were that the team was going to create a little shrine, encase it in glass, make a sort of museum piece. This I found laughable.

But then the story got even nuttier: the team was going to disassemble it and ship to Favre down in Mississippi.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=756478

Can you imagine FAvre reassembling his locker and setting it up in his den!!?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will the Packers now withhold shipment to pressure Favre to retire?

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm told that its been lost, and Indiana Jones will be searching for it in the next sequel.

But he'll have to fend off evil Canadian's if he hopes to return it to it's rightful owner.

Brando19
07-12-2008, 08:24 PM
The locker somehow ended up at John Madden's house. I hear he uses it for "personal" use in which you can find lotion, tissues, and candles in it.

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 08:29 PM
What's the odds on a Favre skit on SNL tonight?

Brando19
07-12-2008, 08:31 PM
What's the odds on a Favre skit on SNL tonight?

I'd say next to impossible...they just had a season finale and new episodes come out in September. I would love to see Frank Caliendo doing a John Madden impression about all this.

pbmax
07-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Leave it setup in the locker room. Have it moved near the newly modified Carbonite freezing chamber., If he returns, freeze him like Solo and then you can trade him without any squawking about teams or contracts or backup status.

mraynrand
07-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Norm Abrams is making a Favre locker right now on The New Yankee Workshop.

oregonpackfan
07-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Why not put the locker in the Packers Hall of Fame right next to Nitschke, Starr, Willie Davis, and the rest?

Harlan Huckleby
07-25-2008, 05:16 PM
I think the locker story has taken on new urgency.

Has his old locker been disassembled? I believe it has. Will Favre now be squeezed into a regular locker between Colin Cole and Mark Taushcher if he returns to camp?

Will the locker be shipped to Tampa for reassembly if he is traded?

retailguy
07-25-2008, 08:32 PM
You know, I've been thinking about the locker. Whadda ya suppose the reason it stayed so long is because of the "I wanna come back escapade in March?

Hmmm?

Joemailman
07-25-2008, 08:35 PM
I think Favre should show up Sunday with the locker in tow. They could film him dragging the locker into the locker room. What a dramatic moment!

retailguy
07-25-2008, 08:39 PM
I think Favre should show up Sunday with the locker in tow. They could film him dragging the locker into the locker room. What a dramatic moment!

Then he could say "Look, I'm so committed to playing, I brought my own locker!"

Defense First
07-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Blub, blub, sob.

MJZiggy
07-25-2008, 09:27 PM

Then he could say "Look, I'm so committed to playing, I brought my own locker!" :lol: :lol:

MJZiggy
07-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Blub, blub, sob.

Welcome to the forum Defense First.

Defense First
07-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks but not so fast. I am changing my username... I think, maybe.

Blub, blub, sob.

Welcome to the forum Defense First.

Harlan Huckleby
07-26-2008, 12:23 AM

I like this, I like this a lot. Better than the Willis Reed great moment.

PackerBlues
07-26-2008, 07:30 PM
During the M3 interview earlier today, one of the reporters asked M3 something about Favre's locker............he got quite a few laughs. Anyone happen to catch what the full question was that he asked?

Harlan Huckleby
02-17-2009, 08:09 PM
I still don't think we have any closure on the Favre locker story.

Thompson had it dissassembled. Not sure if it was shipped to Mississippi. Has anyone seen it?

MJZiggy
02-17-2009, 08:38 PM
I thought they had it in a closet beneath the stadium, waiting to be presented to Favre at his number retirement...

digitaldean
02-17-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm told that its been lost, and Indiana Jones will be searching for it in the next sequel.

But he'll have to fend off evil Canadian's if he hopes to return it to it's rightful owner.

Good luck finding it in the Packers' warehouse!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/bobmitchell/blog%20pics/warehouse.jpg

Joemailman
02-17-2009, 09:12 PM
The Packers sent it to Favre, and he prematurely had it sent here:

http://thecreativeforum.com/photopost/data/561/719metrodome-med.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
02-18-2009, 10:14 AM
I think all the bad blood is because Thompson won't give Favre his locker.