PDA

View Full Version : JOLLY FACING FELONY DRUG CHARGES!

gbpackfan
07-12-2008, 09:58 PM
PACKERS’ JOLLY FACES FELONY DRUG CHARGES
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 12, 2008, 10:39 p.m. EDT
Green Bay Packers defensive tackle Johnny Jolly was arrested this week in Houston on felony drug possession charges, the Houston Chronicle is reporting.

Jolly, who is from Houston and played at Texas A&M, was arrested July 8 for possession of at least 200 grams of codeine, the paper reports. He posted bail of $10,000.

Jolly started seven games for the Packers last season. He is recovering from a shoulder injury and has been very limited during off-season workouts.

Neither the Packers nor Jolly has made any public comment about the arrest.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

gbpackfan
07-12-2008, 10:00 PM
GENERIC NAME: codeine

BRAND NAMES: Empirin #2, 3, 4; Tylenol #2, 3, 4; Tylenol with Codeine Elixir
DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM: Codeine is a narcotic pain reliever (analgesic). Its precise mechanism of pain relief is not clearly understood. Codeine is frequently combined with Tylenol or aspirin for more effective pain relief. Please visit acetaminophen (Tylenol) and Aspirin sites for further information.

PRESCRIPTION: yes

GENERIC AVAILABLE: yes

PREPARATIONS: Tablets: 15mg, 30mg, 60mg. Elixir: 12mg/5ml (teaspoon).

STORAGE: Store at room temperature, sealed, light- resistant container.

PRESCRIBED FOR: Codeine is used for the relief of mild to moderately severe pain.

DOSING: May be taken with food.

DRUG INTERACTIONS: EMPIRIN contains aspirin and is, therefore, not used in patients with a history of aspirin allergy. Children or teenagers with symptoms of chicken pox or influenza should avoid aspirin because of the association of aspirin with Reye's syndrome, a serious liver and neurologic condition. For more information regarding precautions in the use of aspirin and related medications, please visit Aspirin site. Tylenol with Codeine tablets contain a sulfite that can cause allergic asthma and even life-threatening anaphylaxis reactions in susceptible patients (more frequently seen in asthmatic patients).

Codeine can impair thinking and the physical abilities required for driving or operating machinery. Alcohol and other sedatives, such as Xanax, can produce further brain impairment and even confusion when combined with codeine. Therefore, alcohol and other sedative intake should be limited when taking codeine. Codeine is generally avoided in children. Codeine may be habit forming. Mental and physical dependence can occur, but are unlikely when used for short-term pain relief.

PREGNANCY: Codeine is generally avoided in pregnancy.

NURSING MOTHERS: Codeine is generally avoided in nursing mothers. Some studies have found codeine in the breast milk of nursing mothers.

SIDE EFFECTS: The most frequent side effects include lightheadedness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath, and sedation. Other side effects include allergic reactions, constipation, abdominal pain, and itching.

gbpackfan
07-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Shoulder pain maybe? Hmmm, no prescription I'm guessing.

gbpackfan
07-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Here is the original article:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5885147.html

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Crap.

Zool
07-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Crap.

Doubled.

Joemailman
07-12-2008, 10:22 PM
He needed a painkiller for his shoulder. Okay, so maybe 200+ grams is a bit excessive. :shock:

Scott Campbell
07-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Well, maybe we can trade Brett to Cleveland for Corey Williams.

Joemailman
07-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Wonder what Cletidus Hunt is doing these days.

Zool
07-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Maybe we could get Joe Johnson back and move Cullen back inside.

RashanGary
07-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Damn, seemed like a good kid and hard worker. People do get addicted to pain killers while recovering from injuries. That is really too bad if he's battling that now.

BradStrand
07-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Sounds like somebody likes him some purple drank

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank

falco
07-12-2008, 10:41 PM
this is worse news for the team than the favre situation IMHO

falco
07-12-2008, 10:45 PM
even if harrell becomes a player we're going to have a serious depth problem if jolly is gone

falco
07-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Wonder what Cletidus Hunt is doing these days.

Hunt played in the AFL last year but I think is available now

maybe we can get Kenny Peterson back, he's on the broncos now but he might now make the final cut

oregonpackfan
07-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Damn! Many of us have posted how well the Packers have been doing in the off-season by avoiding drug charges, traffic arrests, domestic squabbles, etc. Then this happens!

I guess the law of averages had to catch up with the Packers...

Bretsky
07-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Nothing but shit news in Green Bay these days

MJZiggy
07-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Yes, you guys tempted fate and lost!!! :flm:

Bretsky
07-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Can we have Corey Williams back now

BRING BACK GILBERT

Freak Out
07-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Well, maybe we can trade Brett to Cleveland for Corey Williams.

Bwah ha ha.. :rs:

gbpackfan
07-13-2008, 12:27 AM
I don't think much comes of this. The charges will get reduced, he'll plead out and will get probation or some other slap on the wrist. At most, he'll miss a couple of games. Yeah, it sucks. But he's not going to get suspended for half or the entire season.

The more troubling thing is that he still needs pain killers. Or he is highly addicted. That injury must have been a biatch.

SMACKTALKIE
07-13-2008, 01:43 AM
I don't think much comes of this. The charges will get reduced, he'll plead out and will get probation or some other slap on the wrist. At most, he'll miss a couple of games. Yeah, it sucks. But he's not going to get suspended for half or the entire season.

The more troubling thing is that he still needs pain killers. Or he is highly addicted. That injury must have been a biatch.

200 grams and a slap on the wrist???!!! Dude that is SO MUCH coke. Thats like 60 to 70 eight balls!!!

Crazy huh.......Shit can happen to ANY team any time.

gbpackfan
07-13-2008, 02:10 AM
I hear what you're saying SMALKTALKIE. But I just don't have a lot of faith in our legal system when it comes to pro-athletes and celebrities. Sorry, but it's a joke. Packer or not, he should be treated just like you and me. Maybe he will get more. But cases like Michael Vick are rare. We'll see though.

SMACKTALKIE
07-13-2008, 02:21 AM
I hear what you're saying SMALKTALKIE. But I just don't have a lot of faith in our legal system when it comes to pro-athletes and celebrities. Sorry, but it's a joke. Packer or not, he should be treated just like you and me. Maybe he will get more. But cases like Michael Vick are rare. We'll see though.

I agree. Money talks and good lawyers are expensive. Our legal system works in Jolly's favor.

The first problem is that (I am no lawyer, and could be wrong) 200 grams is an amount of coke beyond personal use, unless he his hanging with Leon Lett. But seriously, anything beyond personal use will make the charges and penalties worse.

Second, Goodell serves as judge, jury, and executioner.

mmmdk
07-13-2008, 02:24 AM

200 grams and a slap on the wrist???!!! Dude that is SO MUCH coke. Thats like 60 to 70 eight balls!!!

It ain't too good, Jolly.

But a person in severe pain e.g. a shoulder are often prescribed to take 200mg codeine a day (short term). Out of 200mg codeine your body will ultimately transform it into 20mg morfin. That's the kicker and your monkey too.

You can buy minor codeine pills in Denmark without prescription at any drugstore, no more than 20 pills (10mg each) but there's always another drugstore. Amongst drug addicts it's popular, so it's a 'problem'. Yet it would be an even bigger problem if you criminalize more and more people; as you can't beat drugs entirely but you can contain it (better).

I've got a bachelor in medicine and nursing which is the obligatory degree for a nurse in Denmark.

SMACKTALKIE
07-13-2008, 02:32 AM

But a person in severe pain e.g. a shoulder are often prescribed to take 200mg codeine a day (short term). Out of 200mg codeine your body will ultimately transform it into 20mg morfin. That's the kicker and your monkey too.

You can buy minor codeine pills in Denmark without prescription at any drugstore, no more than 20 pills (10mg each) but there's always another drugstore. Amongst drug addicts it's popular, so it's a 'problem'. Yet it would be an even bigger problem if you criminalize more and more people; as you can't beat drugs entirely but you can contain it (better).

I've got a bachelor in medicine and nursing which is the obligatory degree for a nurse in Denmark.

I have a Masters degree in recreational drugs and can tell you, apparently, that you need to see "at least" 200 grams of blow in one bag to understand that this cannot be quantified in compairison to pills.

That's a "say hello to my little friend" pile.

mmmdk
07-13-2008, 02:44 AM

I have a Masters degree in recreational drugs and can tell you, apparently, that you need to see "at least" 200 grams of blow in one bag to understand that this cannot be quantified in compairison to pills.

You're right and I know. I'm a Packer fan too and things are piling up these days for the Pack. Could you elaborate on the severity of trouble that Jolly is facing?

Denmark and the US ain't the same in these matters but it's a fact that there's way more drug crime in the states than in northern Europe.

SMACKTALKIE
07-13-2008, 02:58 AM

You're right and I know. I'm a Packer fan too and things are piling up these days for the Pack. Could you elaborate on the severity of trouble that Jolly is facing?

Denmark and the US ain't the same in these matters but it's a fact that there's way more drug crime in the states than in northern Europe.

I would'nt try to ponder the outcome of this situation, as you said the legal system is not fair. It's another twist on the season. The reality of all this is......... this too shall pass. Football will be played. Watch it, play it, both. Love it. Don't let things you have no control of kill or question your love for the game/your team.

Pacopete4
07-13-2008, 03:06 AM
It's not coincidence that the retirement of Brett Favre happens and then problems start in Green Bay.... we will ALL see, especially the ones who didn't suffer the 70's and 80's, what its like to have a joke of a franchise...

Badgerinmaine
07-13-2008, 04:14 AM
Damn, seemed like a good kid and hard worker. People do get addicted to pain killers while recovering from injuries. That is really too bad if he's battling that now.
My thoughts exactly.

mission
07-13-2008, 04:27 AM
smack -- lay off your own blow and realize this ISNT cocaine... it's codeine...

and he got arrested in the city that made the purple drank popular? are you kidding?

step your masters up to a PHd bruh, he's slangin for that drank... or planning a big party.

200 grams is not something that you just get arrested with.. it's not like that is even close to a personal amount. you're transporting. picture a freezer bag chocked full of pills ...

either way,

if i can get arrested with 84 grams of blow, go to jail for a day and get it reduced to a misdemeanor disorderly conduct, im sure he'll be able to spin this in a way where he wont get more than a couple games suspension.

Joemailman
07-13-2008, 06:50 AM

Jolly was in possession of codeine, not cocaine.

motife
07-13-2008, 07:27 AM
Jolly's great strength was he was a bad ass who didn't give a f*** about conventions. He played with a burst and a bad attitude.

Hopefully, he has a good lawyer and is given some slack if this is a first offense.

vince
07-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Ouch babe. Very disappointing. Felony drug possession can't be good.

I guess that he'll be able to avoid jail...?
What are the projections for the league response? 4-game suspension?

pbmax
07-13-2008, 08:23 AM
His problem at first might be the legal system, but then its going to be Goodell. Any plea will activate the Personal Conduct Policy. No matter the schedule of his hearings or jail time, he will be missing games unless there is another 300 lb guy using Jolly's name in Texas.

woodbuck27
07-13-2008, 08:35 AM

It's not over till it's over so till then you can 'crow' MJ. :D

Very sad. .. no sickening... the way this forum is responding to Favre's life.

I can see you wiggling and waffling after this post MJ, as you come up again with an other hollow defense for the way the Brett Favre wanting to play in 2008 story unfolds.

I hope he gets back on his team and has a legitimate shot in a QB competition with Aaron Rodgers. Would that be the case? Trouble with that is the mess won't disappear and will only likely get worse. This situation has to be handled properly by team management for the future of our franchise.

TT and his boss have options to consider.

I"m being accused of wanting Favre's outright released as some personal ploy to reflect poorly on Ted Thompson and all I care about is Favre 'the man and NFL QB' and how all that reflects on the health of OUR team.

Certain people on this forum are so ignorant they post whatever their emotions lead them to, and can't use the sense to simply think. That's just life and I'll play my role as the decent person I know I am. Straight up using all the integrity and decency I was bless'd with.

vince
07-13-2008, 08:41 AM
This just pisses me off. After the big story about Walker in Vegas right before the end of mini-camp, you know that staying out of trouble was communicated time and again by McCarthy as priority number one during the time off before training camp.

Jolly you fuckin' idiot. You put the team is a serious bind.

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 09:05 AM

It's not over till it's over so till then you can 'crow' MJ. :D

Very sad. .. no sickening... the way this forum is responding to Favre's life.

I can see you wiggling and waffling after this post MJ, as you come up again with an other hollow defense for the way the Brett Favre wanting to play in 2008 story unfolds.

I hope he gets back on his team and has a legitimate shot in a QB competition with Aaron Rodgers. Would that be the case? Trouble with that is the mess won't disappear and will only likely get worse. This situation has to be handled properly by team management for the future of our franchise.

TT and his boss have options to consider.

I"m being accused of wanting Favre's outright released as some personal ploy to reflect poorly on Ted Thompson and all I care about is Favre 'the man and NFL QB' and how all that reflects on the health of OUR team.

Certain people on this forum are so ignorant they post whatever their emotions lead them to, and can't use the sense to simply think. That's just life and I'll play my role as the decent person I know I am. Straight up using all the integrity and decency I was bless'd with.

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT BRETT FAVRE!!!

GBRulz
07-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Certain people on this forum are so ignorant they post whatever their emotions lead them to, and can't use the sense to simply think.

Really? I've never noticed.

GBRulz
07-13-2008, 09:13 AM
His problem at first might be the legal system, but then its going to be Goodell. Any plea will activate the Personal Conduct Policy. No matter the schedule of his hearings or jail time, he will be missing games unless there is another 300 lb guy using Jolly's name in Texas.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I heard about all of this.

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Certain people on this forum are so ignorant they post whatever their emotions lead them to, and can't use the sense to simply think.

Really? I've never noticed.

:lol:

Gotta love dry humor.

Fritz
07-13-2008, 09:57 AM
How about trading Favre to the Queens for whichever one of the Williams boys is the better player?

Bretsky
07-13-2008, 10:02 AM
WWW.BRINGBACKCOREYWILLIAMS.COM

Who is up for jumping on the train :lol:

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 10:06 AM
WWW.FREEJOHNNYJOLLY.COM

I'm still on this train.

Dabaddestbear
07-13-2008, 10:28 AM
and as much as Packer fans laughed at the Bears during the Tank Johnson and Cedric Benson cases, couple that with the Brett situation and Karma kicks ass when it comes back to you...lol

But seriously I think by it being prescription drugs he may get off pretty easy in contrast to if it was X-pills or cocaine.

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 10:31 AM
and as much as Packer fans laughed at the Bears during the Tank Johnson and Cedric Benson cases, couple that with the Brett situation and Karma kicks ass when it comes back to you...lol

But seriously I think by it being prescription drugs he may get off pretty easy in contrast to if it was X-pills or cocaine.

It's been a rough couple of weeks. But it could be worse. Just look at the Bear roster.

Dabaddestbear
07-13-2008, 10:40 AM

It's been a rough couple of weeks. But it could be worse. Just look at the Bear roster.
The Bears Roster is just as promising as the Packers, trust me. But I dont look to past too much judgment on teams till they put the pads on and start hitting. All I know is that no team is in a tighter lose ,lose situation than the Packers right now.

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 11:00 AM
The Bears Roster is just as promising as the Packers, trust me.

I don't trust you.

Bretsky
07-13-2008, 11:06 AM

The Bears Roster is just as promising as the Packers, trust me. But I dont look to past too much judgment on teams till they put the pads on and start hitting. All I know is that no team is in a tighter lose ,lose situation than the Packers right now.

Bears OL is slightly better than GB
Their TE's are slightly better

GB's RB's are much better
GB's WR's are much better (Bears WR's are horrific now)
Chicago's QB situation is terrible; GB gets advantage there

GB has better depth

Green Bay gets an advantage on O, a pretty big one I'd think

Bears DL is slightly better
Bears LB are slightly better
Packers have better CB's
Safeties are probably about even
Packers have better depth on Defense to deal with injuries

I guess one could argue they are not that far away, with the play of the QB being the main difference. As long as the Bears have the group they have it's hard to see them as a serious threat

imscott72
07-13-2008, 11:17 AM

Now that's rich Woody considering your hate for Ted Thompson has clouded your judgement since he came here. Too funny.. :roll:

imscott72
07-13-2008, 11:19 AM

:lol:

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 11:28 AM

http://www.readersdigest.ca/mag/2001/04/images/lemon.jpg

Dabaddestbear
07-13-2008, 11:48 AM

GB has better depth

Packers have better CB's

I guess one could argue they are not that far away, with the play of the QB being the main difference. As long as the Bears have the group they have it's hard to see them as a serious threat

Depth on defense could be a question with the recent Jolly incident.
And to say the Bears WR's are terrible is joke coming from the Packers point of view since its always one of those WR's beating GB deep for a TD.

As far as the QB position--Brett is no longer the QB. Rodgers had ONE decent half. Hell, even though Rex has had some horrible games, at least he has some very good games on tape also. Rodgers is a bigger question mark then any Bears QB. Keep in mind that Rodgers NEVER played a complete NFL game. I will remind you of this 6 games into the season of your comparison.

But one mistake I think you made in the Bears favor is the O-line. Unless Williams turns it around real quick this season GB still has the better O-line to date. But that could change.

Dabaddestbear
07-13-2008, 11:54 AM

I don't trust you.
C'mon Scott, you can trust me..lol :twisted:

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 11:57 AM
QB. Keep in mind that Rodgers NEVER played a complete NFL game. I will remind you of this 6 games into the season of your comparison.

Then I will remind you of every one of your predictions from last summer. I don't think you want to go there. :lol:

Rodgers will be better in large part because of his supporting cast on offense. This Packer offense could elevate Grossman to look like the second coming of Brian Downing. And if it could do that for Rex, imagine how good a real NFL calibur QB like Rodgers will look.

The Bears offense is pathetic. And their D is respectable, but no longer the elite unit that can carry an entire team.

motife
07-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Cullen Jenkins played at DT all during OTA's and is better suited to play DT.

Might make landing Jason Taylor more than an afterthought.

The $10,000 bail is very low.

Bossman641
07-13-2008, 12:41 PM

GB has better depth

Packers have better CB's

And to say the Bears WR's are terrible is joke coming from the Packers point of view since its always one of those WR's beating GB deep for a TD.

As far as the QB position--Brett is no longer the QB. Rodgers had ONE decent half. Hell, even though Rex has had some horrible games, at least he has some very good games on tape also. Rodgers is a bigger question mark then any Bears QB. Keep in mind that Rodgers NEVER played a complete NFL game. I will remind you of this 6 games into the season of your comparison.

But one mistake I think you made in the Bears favor is the O-line. Unless Williams turns it around real quick this season GB still has the better O-line to date. But that could change.

Who was that WR who beat them deep? Berrian. Where is he again? Oh yeah, Minny.

Bear WR's are awful, there is no question about it.

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Jolly, who is from Houston and played at Texas A&M, was arrested July 8 for possession of at least 200 grams of codeine, the paper reports. He posted bail of $10,000.

I read this quickly and thought it said cocaine. Bye-bye, merry fat man.

Then I read thread and see "codeine." Codeine!? They aren't going to send him to jail. This is the equivalent of a trunk full of asprin. And for a football player to have codeine is no shock. I thought that stuff was over the counter anyway, guess not.

MadtownPacker
07-13-2008, 12:46 PM
So what is Jolly has a problem and he got busted with unprescribed medication. If Goodell suspends him will be pure BS after giving all these aholes like pacwoman and tank "my gun is my" johnson several chances. Treatment and support is what he will need. I bet all of us know someone who is taking unprescribed viciadins or some shit. Hopefully the guy isnt to deep into shit and his is still young so he can get his shit together.

BTW - OPF, this is all your fault for repeatly saying how it was nice that no Packers have gotten into trouble this offseason. :x

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2008, 12:47 PM
codeine is not a powerful drug like vicodin.

GoPackGo
07-13-2008, 12:50 PM
codeine gives me a stomach ache-yuck

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 12:51 PM
It knocks me out. Vicodin too.

MadtownPacker
07-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Ah shit, we got some pill poppers in Aisle 4.^^^^^^^

retailguy
07-13-2008, 12:56 PM

Don't worry, they're just "single" pill poppers. They'll be plenty left for you... :P

mmmdk
07-13-2008, 01:11 PM

Jolly was in possession of codeine, not cocaine.

I thought so!

Guiness
07-13-2008, 01:13 PM
I wonder what the pills actually were? Can you get straight codeine? I'm more familiar with codeine as part of tylenol 1/2/3 or 222's.

Favre's situation aside, we've still had a relatively quiet offseason wrt the rest of the team. One reasonably small event like this barely makes the radar, and considering it's a first offense for what I think is considered a soft drug, things will probably be ok. I would guess he's going to get tossed into a treatment program or something, and be ok.

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 01:14 PM

I won't take 'em because all I do is sleep and wake up just in time for the next dose. I have a full bottle of them in the cabinet. I suppose they'd be good as sleeping pills if I ever needed them....

And the codeine comes in the cough medicine that I only take when I need a nap...

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2008, 01:19 PM
And the codeine comes in the cough medicine that I only take when I need a nap...

i'll bet you gave that to your son when it was time for his little nappy, too.

"As she runs into the shelter of her mother's little helper....."

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 01:21 PM
It's obvious you're not a parent. That's what Benadryl is for...

But that kid never needed help with his nap.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-13-2008, 05:19 PM
smack -- lay off your own blow and realize this ISNT cocaine... it's codeine...

and he got arrested in the city that made the purple drank popular? are you kidding?

step your masters up to a PHd bruh, he's slangin for that drank... or planning a big party.

200 grams is not something that you just get arrested with.. it's not like that is even close to a personal amount. you're transporting. picture a freezer bag chocked full of pills ...

either way,

if i can get arrested with 84 grams of blow, go to jail for a day and get it reduced to a misdemeanor disorderly conduct, im sure he'll be able to spin this in a way where he wont get more than a couple games suspension.

i'd like to see those court papers please. 3 z and you got a misdeamor...c'mon. :oops:

mission
07-13-2008, 05:47 PM
if i cared enough to take the effort and find a scanner than sure ... as is, i apparently just care enough to tell a long story again.

here's the story -- should make it believable...

i had just moved into the Twelve at atlanta station. 16th floor ... the building where a lot of pro athletes, rappers, etc stay... life was good.

but i was still waiting on my "official date" to use the freight elevator... so i just had a single keyboard up there and my "work" so to speak ... figured that's a safe place... i wasnt in a rush to move out of my other place (the place i NOW have to live at lol)

well apparently a real estate agent who wasnt supposed to be showing the place, decided to stop in while she was showing another unit. she saw the keyboard (music/headphones/patio/beautiful!), nothing else and some "work" on the counter... scale, tray, etc ... didnt know, apparently, that i had moved in.

she was with a client and probably embarrassed so called the cops on the spot thinking someone had broken in and was selling drugs out of there.

i had a date with Masika (http://www.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm?ID=193897) (really, women adore me) so i ran down to publix to get some deodorant. i had forgot that in the "toiletry" man bag... anyway, instead of just walking over to the restaurant as planned, i decided to take the deodorant back up stairs.

i did ...
walked in to a room of 2 APD and 3 GBIs... (they said they were just about to leave, and leave everything there)

arrested instantly. very polite, didnt say anything, didnt admit to anything. they took $8,200 of (mainly) legal/beats money since i couldnt prove where it came from.

masika wasn't happy about being stood up ... i wasn't happy about anything.

if you think even an AVERAGE lawyer couldnt crush the search involved with this before even going TO trial then you have no idea... the judge didnt wanna touch the case.

less than an O of weed = dropped / dead doc'd
possession of cocaine w/intent = misdemeanor disorderly conduct

plus, i went out with the asst. DA a couple times ... ;-)

masika loves me again ...

:bs: [/url]

Tyrone Bigguns
07-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Lawyer: agreed.

story: Careless my son. hopefully you've tightened up since then.

Masika: Nice.

P.S. there are only 2 types of dealers..those who need forklifts and those that don't.

mission
07-13-2008, 06:11 PM

P.S. there are only 2 types of dealers..those who need forklifts and those that don't.

100% on all of those, Tyrone. You're a smart, and an experienced man. Or maybe you've just taken notes during a lot of good movies. I had stopped serving users a year before that and was looking at making a feel trips down south to the EM-EYE to "make arrangements" ... I knew forklifts was the goal.

Careless is the word. Arrogant is another... I'm sure there are a few others. I had just placed my first track with Jeezy, going out with a video model, living in THE place in Atlanta ... nothing could stop me, and frankly, laws didn't really apply. I was driving my Audi for two years illegally ... cops waving at me on the block.

Now I'm on foot, 100% music, not drinking liquor or selling dope... quit cigs, puffing on blunts and black and milds from time to time.

My music productivity with not having to worry about d-boy issues (collecting, not getting robbed, etc) is huge now and life is fun again. Not stressful. Even teachin "beat production" classes at a couple westside boys and girls clubs (im not all saint, they payin me 50 an hour.. fun gig)

Oh, I left out the part of my 1-year suspended sentence...

These wrists WONT be touching any metal (for at least 10 more months)!

Major turning point in my life. But so fucking necessary ... I'm glad.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-13-2008, 06:22 PM

100% on all of those, Tyrone. You're a smart, and an experienced man. Or maybe you've just taken notes during a lot of good movies. I had stopped serving users a year before that and was looking at making a feel trips down south to the EM-EYE to "make arrangements" ... I knew forklifts was the goal.

Careless is the word. Arrogant is another... I'm sure there are a few others. I had just placed my first track with Jeezy, going out with a video model, living in THE place in Atlanta ... nothing could stop me, and frankly, laws didn't really apply. I was driving my Audi for two years illegally ... cops waving at me on the block.

Now I'm on foot, 100% music, not drinking liquor or selling dope... quit cigs, puffing on blunts and black and milds from time to time.

My music productivity with not having to worry about d-boy issues (collecting, not getting robbed, etc) is huge now and life is fun again. Not stressful. Even teachin "beat production" classes at a couple westside boys and girls clubs (im not all saint, they payin me 50 an hour.. fun gig)

Oh, I left out the part of my 1-year suspended sentence...

These wrists WONT be touching any metal (for at least 10 more months)!

Major turning point in my life. But so fucking necessary ... I'm glad.

Suspended sentence: I figured, even without a warrant/etc. that you had a little bit of something else.

Attitude: Careless/arrogant/etc...all tie in together. Doesn't matter..all bad to have. Feeling "insulated" from reality. Paranoia is the best state of mind when in that field. Especially if one is making a "career" in that biz.

The life: The money is always good...but, it is a LIFE...24/7. Freedom in one respect..but, then again..how free are you when you are always workin...you know what i mean.

Lesson: Good to hear. I'm sure, thinkin back...you realize how much worse it coulda been.

Experience: PM if interested.

Partial
07-13-2008, 07:40 PM
The team is falling apart without Favre already :D Maybe if A-Rod would have spent more time working out with the team earning some respect (Favre already has it, A-Rod has to earn it) instead of frolicking in the mountains with his family and spending his days in Cali, this crap wouldn't have happened!!

CaliforniaCheez
07-13-2008, 10:56 PM
"If the childproff cap doesn't fit you must aquit."

What can a lawyer argue?

1) He had them in his posession because he wasn't taking his prescription.

2) They were not all used during the course of his rehabilitation.

If it was in liquid form it is a little more serious - whooping cough serious.
He has a large throat to coat with it so a lot was required??.

Now if he purchased liquid form in Mexico and doesn't have a prescription he better not have been holding it for a friend.

If it is even worse he best just remain silent and take his lumps.

Will Texas permit if to leave the state while on bail?

Will the Commissioner view this as a first offense and let it go until the second strike next time??

While it is not good it isn't disasterous yet.

SMACKTALKIE
07-13-2008, 11:22 PM
Wow. I must have been more shit faced last night than I realized............Codine, not cocaine. Now I get it. :oops:

Sorry kids, my mistake.

Slap on the wrist material for Jolly.

Guiness
07-15-2008, 02:28 PM
:drma:

any more on this?

oregonpackfan
07-15-2008, 10:07 PM
The team is falling apart without Favre already :D Maybe if A-Rod would have spent more time working out with the team earning some respect (Favre already has it, A-Rod has to earn it) instead of frolicking in the mountains with his family and spending his days in Cali, this crap wouldn't have happened!!

How do you know he was "frollicking" in the mountains of California? My nephew has spent the last two weeks in the mountains of California fighting forest fires.

Forest fires are also hitting hard in Washington and parts of eastern Oregon. Ironically, he is from Oregon as is the rest of his unit. While they are down there fighting fires, the fires have recently sprung up north in WA and OR.

Partial
07-15-2008, 11:23 PM
He has said in interviews he has spent the majority of his off-season in Cali and the past two weeks in the mountains avoiding his favreness.

GoPackGo
07-16-2008, 10:28 AM
courtesy of fanball.com

THE NEWS
Johnny Jolly could face up to 20 years in prison and a $10,000 fine if convicted of possessing at least 200 grams of codeine, according to the Green Bay Press-Gazette. It is not known if prosecutors will pursue charges of intent to distribute.
Our View
Don't expect Jolly to lace 'em up this year for the Cheeseheads, or likely for anyone else for that matter.

MadtownPacker
07-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Sonofabitch, 20 years??? Figure he wont get that but it sounds like he might get something.

GBRulz
07-17-2008, 02:05 PM
The local radio just said something about charges being dropped on this. Anyone else hear this??

cpk1994
07-17-2008, 02:10 PM
The local radio just said something about charges being dropped on this. Anyone else hear this??They aren't filing distribution charges but the posession charge is still on I believe.

mission
07-17-2008, 06:41 PM
lol!!!

how the hell do you get 200 grams dropped to possession over intent?

that's hilarious...

possession is nothing. he wont see a day behind bars. maybe 1-2 game suspension from the NFL but that is max...

non story now... thank god.

Dabaddestbear
07-17-2008, 09:42 PM
QB. Keep in mind that Rodgers NEVER played a complete NFL game. I will remind you of this 6 games into the season of your comparison.

Then I will remind you of every one of your predictions from last summer. I don't think you want to go there. :lol:

Rodgers will be better in large part because of his supporting cast on offense. This Packer offense could elevate Grossman to look like the second coming of Brian Downing. And if it could do that for Rex, imagine how good a real NFL calibur QB like Rodgers will look.

The Bears offense is pathetic. And their D is respectable, but no longer the elite unit that can carry an entire team.
lol..please remind me of my predictions in comparison to yours about the Bears each year.

The defense fell short because they were injured across the board and yet still handed it to your Packers BOTH times they played them. T. Harris, Mike Brown, Tillman, Vasher, Alex Brown, and even Urlacher missed significant time last year due to injuries. Notice I mentioned several players that have been to the Pro Bowl on defense. It is very unlikely that the Bears have such a rash of injuries on defense this year.

And I promise you I will be laughing at your comments about Rodgers by season end.

RashanGary
07-17-2008, 09:48 PM
I feel very bad for Jolly. I suspect he got addicted to the narcotics while recovering. Anybody can become addicted to a prescription drug and when it happens they can do things to feed it that they wouldn't normally do.

I really hope he gets help because he's a talented kid and every time I've heard him speak I come away impressed iwth the kind of person he is too.

Dabaddestbear
07-17-2008, 10:00 PM

GB has better depth

Packers have better CB's

Who was that WR who beat them deep? Berrian. Where is he again? Oh yeah, Minny.

Bear WR's are awful, there is no question about it.
Oh, that just means that he will be beating you guys deep there also.
But lets not forget the other one looking to take his place..Hester.
Besides the TE's should have no problems beating them deep like always anyway....ie Clark for 34 yrd TD. ..lol

Zool
07-17-2008, 10:03 PM
God I hate admitting that DaBiggestDoucheBag is right about something, but Poopinga couldn't cover me at the TE spot. That's supposed to be Chillars strength so lets hope this year is different.

With the Bears WR core, I see a lot of 2 TE sets for them this year. Lots of seam routes to the TE's and swing routes to RB's.

boiga
07-17-2008, 10:08 PM
lol!!!

that's hilarious...

possession is nothing. he wont see a day behind bars. maybe 1-2 game suspension from the NFL but that is max...

non story now... thank god. I mentioned this elsewhere, but it wasn't 200 g of codiene, it was 200 g of codeine SYRUP. It was one Dr. Pepper bottle of codeine laced soda. Odds are good it contained less the .25 grams of actual codeine.

My hope is actually that the bottle belonged to the guy in the truck who got caught with pot on his person, and not Jolly. He should know better than to mess with opiates, especially considering his injuries.

Zool
07-17-2008, 10:10 PM
lol!!!

that's hilarious...

non story now... thank god. I mentioned this elsewhere, but it wasn't 200 g of codiene, it was 200 g of codeine SYRUP. It was one Dr. Pepper bottle of codeine laced soda. Odds are good it contained less the .25 grams of actual codeine.

My hope is actually that the bottle belonged to the guy in the truck who got caught with pot on his person, and not Jolly. He should know better than to mess with opiates, especially considering his injuries.

I could be wrong on this one, but don't some states charge everyone in the vehicle if drugs are found? Anyone study criminal law?

Dabaddestbear
07-17-2008, 10:20 PM
lol!!!

that's hilarious...

non story now... thank god.
With money all things are possible.

Dabaddestbear
07-17-2008, 10:21 PM
God I hate admitting that DaBiggestDoucheBag is right about something, but Poopinga couldn't cover me at the TE spot. That's supposed to be Chillars strength so lets hope this year is different.

With the Bears WR core, I see a lot of 2 TE sets for them this year. Lots of seam routes to the TE's and swing routes to RB's.
Its good to know you still love me Zool! :D

Zool
07-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Ahhh....its all in fun. As long as we dont get the "Bear Down" posts again, its all good.

Dabaddestbear
07-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Ahhh....its all in fun. As long as we dont get the "Bear Down" posts again, its all good.
lol..that was never me....I dont think...lol
But seriously I cant remember ever saying Bear Down on here. That was one of my overzealous Bear comrades.