PDA

View Full Version : Brothers rally for Farve's Return

Fred's Slacks
07-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Sorry if this was posted already but did anyone else see this:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=771871

I personally think these guys should focus their energy on more important problems.

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 08:54 AM
Maybe they should wait for him to apply for reinstatement first...just a thought. They also might care to note that the team has said they would take him on and refused to speculate in what capacity.

What a waste of time and energy.

GBRulz
07-13-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm hitting the links this afternoon, but on my way there I will drive by the stadium. I'm curious as to how many people show up for this.

woodbuck27
07-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Maybe they should wait for him to apply for reinstatement first...just a thought. They also might care to note that the team has said they would take him on and refused to speculate in what capacity.

What a waste of time and energy.

What about what may be deemed as positive support for Favre as OUR starting QB MJ? Sensable thought dictates that Bret Favre is the obvious choice to start in 2008.

Some Packer fans are sensable in their case of reasoning that Favre deserves that opportunity given all that's pass'd since our last game. Aaron Rodgers didn't play QB for us in a 13-3 season. :idea:

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Positive support for Brett Favre would be to hold on to your jock until you find out what BRETT FAVRE actually wants to do here. He's not on the active roster and has NOT applied for reinstatement. Until he does, the PACKERS CAN'T DO ANYTHING so trying to force them to do something they can't do makes no sense.

Bretsky
07-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Positive support for Brett Favre would be to hold on to your jock until you find out what BRETT FAVRE actually wants to do here. He's not on the active roster and has NOT applied for reinstatement. Until he does, the PACKERS CAN'T DO ANYTHING so trying to force them to do something they can't do makes no sense.

Let's not be ignorant and ignore the notion that he wants to come back. They can reach out or they can try to give the notion that they want no part of this.

It appears they can do something; they can try to talk him out of it and effectively use the media to send some messages.....much more effective than what Bus Cook has done BTW

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 09:30 AM

Let's not be ignorant and ignore the notion that he wants to come back. They can reach out or they can try to give the notion that they want no part of this.

It appears they can do something; they can try to talk him out of it and effectively use the media to send some messages.....much more effective than what Bus Cook has done BTW

The Packers can, if something happens, and they actually haven't said they won't, but two guys from Pewaukee trying to hold a rally to force the Packers to do something that not only can they not do until Favre acts, but haven't ruled out pending Favre's action isn't going to be very productive if you think about it.

Fritz
07-13-2008, 09:34 AM

The Packers can, if something happens, and they actually haven't said they won't, but two guys from Pewaukee trying to hold a rally to force the Packers to do something that not only can they not do until Favre acts, but haven't ruled out pending Favre's action isn't going to be very productive if you think about it.

Don't you love America, though? That two guys can take up so much time for something so goofy?

GBRulz
07-13-2008, 09:42 AM
Zig, what is wrong with a group of fun-loving Packer fans showing their support while grilling up some brats, having some beer and just having fun together?

It's pretty narrow minded thinking to say that it's senseless just because YOU think it's a waste of time. Let the people have their fun.

Bretsky
07-13-2008, 09:45 AM
http://www.packersproshop.com/products/favre_merchandise/favre_merchandise/sku_6047ee55d4379286/1fa3e7e07f13a530/

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 09:47 AM
I'm not speaking to them showing support and having a good time. The article indicated that they were trying to use this rally to force the Pack to do something and in that context it's a waste of time.

Had they framed it as a "we miss Brett and hope he comes back" party, I'd wish I could get a flight.

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 09:50 AM
People are just as free to rally behind the organization and Ted and grill their brats if they want.

It'd be interesting to know how public opinion is running in Wisconsin. Most casual fans won't dig into this as deeply as we have, and support for Brett has always outran Ted's by an magnitude of ~ 1000:1.

GBRulz
07-13-2008, 09:55 AM
See, I guess I read into it differently. I don't see anywhere in the article that states how they are trying to force the Packers to do anything. They just are creating awareness and wanting to show support to Brett....as if TT doesn't get that part of it already though.

"organizing a rally to let Brett Favre and Packers management know how much the fans want to see Favre return to play in a Packers uniform."

Many of the locals are split on this decision though. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see some kind of Rodgers Rally to follow !!

Bretsky
07-13-2008, 09:58 AM
See, I guess I read into it differently. I don't see anywhere in the article that states how they are trying to force the Packers to do anything. They just are creating awareness and wanting to show support to Brett....as if TT doesn't get that part of it already though.

"organizing a rally to let Brett Favre and Packers management know how much the fans want to see Favre return to play in a Packers uniform."

Many of the locals are split on this decision though. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see some kind of Rodgers Rally to follow !!

this whole ordeal has split the opinions of Packer nation...all around the state

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Many of the locals are split on this decision though.

I guess that's just shocking to me. I'd expect Brett's incredible popularity to win him every benefit of the doubt with the general public.

Or maybe there is no such thing as the casual fan in Wisconsin.

GBRulz
07-13-2008, 09:59 AM
http://www.packersproshop.com/products/favre_merchandise/favre_merchandise/sku_6047ee55d4379286/1fa3e7e07f13a530/

Will we see all the tribute stuff on clearance during next years annual tent sale at the Pro Shop?

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 10:00 AM

Will we see all the tribute stuff on clearance during next years annual tent sale at the Pro Shop?

I doubt it. He can't screw up 17 years of community goodwill in one summer.

GBRulz
07-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Many of the locals are split on this decision though.

I guess that's just shocking to me. I'd expect Brett's incredible popularity to win him every benefit of the doubt with the general public.

Or maybe there is no such thing as the casual fan in Wisconsin.

Yes, you would probably think that way. However, when you live here and everything is dominated by the Packers, it's almost desensitizes you in a way. There are more die-hard fans per capita, that live outside of GB than those that do live here. Packer message boards are a good example.... i mean what is there, 3 of us that post here who actually live in GB?

Chevelle2
07-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Do these morons realize they are only making a bad situation, worse?

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 10:25 AM
...... i mean what is there, 3 of us that post here who actually live in GB?

That is pretty bizzare. I think we have more people from Idaho than from GB.

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 10:25 AM

I'm hoping for a peaceful demonstration.

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 10:36 AM
...... i mean what is there, 3 of us that post here who actually live in GB?

That is pretty bizzare. I think we have more people from Idaho than from GB.

I think it has to do with the fact that people in GB pick up the paper every morning and there's a story about the Pack, they can make a Pack-related comment to anyone and they get it so the people in GB who are surrounded by the team don't need a Packer outlet as much as the rest of us far-flung fans do...

cpk1994
07-13-2008, 11:38 AM

I doubt it. He can't screw up 17 years of community goodwill in one summer.HEs off to a good start on it though.

GBRulz
07-13-2008, 01:07 PM
I think it has to do with the fact that people in GB pick up the paper every morning and there's a story about the Pack, they can make a Pack-related comment to anyone and they get it so the people in GB who are surrounded by the team don't need a Packer outlet as much as the rest of us far-flung fans do...

People who actually still read a paper probably won't post much in a message forum anyhow...so, I'd have to say that you have as much access to as much Packer news as I do.

Sure, we have locals to talk to about it, so I see what you're saying there. But locals still like to talk about it with others beyond GB...at least I do.

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 01:10 PM
I know. When I lived in Milwaukee before this whole internet forum thingy, I always wondered what people in other places thought about the Packers.

cpk1994
07-13-2008, 01:26 PM

I'm hoping for a peaceful demonstration.Im betting they shoot TT's dog, execution style. If TT doesn't have a dog, they will find one, claim its his, and execute it anyway.

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 01:29 PM
I have one they can use...

GBRulz
07-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Shoot the human...it isn't the dogs fault
:lol:

GBRulz
07-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Anyhow, I don't think we have to worry about any arrests at the "rally". I drove by there real quick and if there wasn't a dude with a sign, I would have no clue that was the rally.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/IMG_0226.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/IMG_0227.jpg

On a more exciting note...looks like the Packers are doing something big for training camp....
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/IMG_0225.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2008, 01:39 PM
On a more exciting note...looks like the Packers are doing something big for training camp....

It looks like they are putting up awnings, maybe for a flower and plant sale in the parking lot?

GBRulz
07-13-2008, 01:42 PM
If I tell you that they are actually setting up for a blow up doll convention, would you get your butt to GB ? :wink:

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 01:56 PM
LMAO

Kicking Harlan in the balls has become downright trendy.

digitaldean
07-13-2008, 02:17 PM
It's just like the "Save the Oilers" rally in Houston before they left for Tennessee.

Maybe not. There were more people at the Houston rally.
:lol:

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 02:19 PM
I've seen more people rally at Farm and Fleet for a tire sale.

digitaldean
07-13-2008, 02:21 PM
From the espn.com

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- About 200 people rallied outside Lambeau Field on Sunday to pressure the Packers into reinstating Brett Favre as the team's starting quarterback.

The crowd -- many wearing No. 4 jerseys -- chanted, "We want Brett" and carried signs reading, "Favre for President."

Adam and Erick Rolfson organized the rally. They plan to hold another Monday night in the Milwaukee area and then every Sunday until the team reinstates Favre.

They have started a Web site, www.bringbackbrettfavre.com, where fans can vote on what the Packers should do.

General Manager Ted Thompson says Favre can rejoin the team from retirement but would have to be a backup. Favre wants an unconditional release from his contract, something Thompson says he won't allow.
______

I stand corrected...200 people. Whoopdee-dam doo. I think they drove up from Pewaukee for nothing.

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 02:27 PM
200...I looked at the picture and I count 8.

digitaldean
07-13-2008, 02:31 PM
jsonline.com estimated only 100.

(maybe they all went into Curly's Pub to protest)

Kiwon
07-13-2008, 03:06 PM
I say "bringbackbrettfarveandlethimexplainhimself.com"

The man is letting this thing get out of hand. Just look at those rabid supporters outside the stadium.

Almost everyone loves the guy but sometimes he's a real dipstick.

HarveyWallbangers
07-13-2008, 03:19 PM

Looks like they are putting a roof over the player's parking lot.

woodbuck27
07-13-2008, 03:36 PM

Ever heard of a rally MJ? Ever attended one for a cause?

Can't you imagine Packer fans loyal to Brett Favre still with the Packers best interests?

Do you live your entire life in some form of denial? Are you so made of stone you can not acknowledge others emotions and optional wishs from your as fans?

What a weird world this would be if we all thought like you or I and Ted Thompson and Brett Favre.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Two brothers..not one mention of wives or girlfriends. What a surprise. :roll:

GBRulz
07-13-2008, 09:55 PM

To protect TT's vehicle from having objects thrown at it during training camp? lol....actually the players lot is north of those tents or whatever it is they are putting up.

Brando19
07-13-2008, 09:57 PM

To protect TT's vehicle from having objects thrown at it during training camp? lol....actually the players lot is north of those tents or whatever it is they are putting up.

Could it be for the canned food drive? I dunno

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 11:46 PM
It was supposed to be the Favre wing addition to the Packer Hall of Fame. Now they'll house beer kegs in there.

oregonpackfan
07-13-2008, 11:50 PM
If I tell you that they are actually setting up for a blow up doll convention, would you get your butt to GB ? :wink:

Those blow-up dolls don't talk back do they? :)

the_idle_threat
07-14-2008, 05:30 PM
This would be a waste of time if taken at face value.

But as a way to get one's mortgage company free advertising in a front-page story of the Journal Sentinel---by piggybacking on the biggest story in the state---this is marketing genius.

You will notice that the guy's mortgage company is mentioned in the article (although not named) and is named and linked on the Favre rally website.

Well done, gentlemen, you cynical bastards. :lol:

GBRulz
07-14-2008, 06:39 PM
I see these guys have a myspace page, too.

http://www.myspace.com/bringbackbrettfavre

GrnBay007
07-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Looks like Gilbert Brown will be at the rally tomorrow.

http://www.bringbackbrettfavre.com/rally.html

Harlan Huckleby
07-19-2008, 11:39 AM

I went to the site and there is a link to a petition. They ask you to give them your name and email as a way of signing the peitition, but there is apparently no way to read the petition. (I've been on the john playing Sudoku for several hours, maybe my eyes are just strained.)

I'm a little confused by what "Bring Back Brett Favre" means. Thompson has already stated that Favre can submit his reinstatement papers and rejoin the team.

Should the more honest motto of the group be "Bench Aaron Rodgers"?

GrnBay007
07-19-2008, 01:28 PM

I went to the site and there is a link to a petition. They ask you to give them your name and email as a way of signing the peitition, but there is apparently no way to read the petition. (I've been on the john playing Sudoku for several hours, maybe my eyes are just strained.)

I'm a little confused by what "Bring Back Brett Favre" means. Thompson has already stated that Favre can submit his reinstatement papers and rejoin the team.

Should the more honest motto of the group be "Bench Aaron Rodgers"?

For those of us that know you, it's "cute" how you try to turn things. :P

I think it's cool there are people out there showing support for Favre. So many years with this organization I feel he deserves that. What, if anything at all, they gain from this who knows....and really who cares. A bunch of Packer fans out bonding is cool.

Packers4Ever
07-19-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm hitting the links this afternoon, but on my way there I will drive by the stadium. I'm curious as to how many people show up for this.

A ton, GBR,

Onlookers,
Curioosity seekers,
TT's fans
Brett's fans,
A few from Minny, maybe more,
Entourage for both sides,
Forgot - - M3's fans,
And of COURSE

THE MEDIA !!! :roll:

How many did I miss ??

HarveyWallbangers
07-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Tundra Tailgate Zone

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/07/17/1/

Harlan Huckleby
07-19-2008, 10:48 PM

Ummm, we've seen a bit of your courting skills, Romeo.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-20-2008, 05:41 PM

Ummm, we've seen a bit of your courting skills, Romeo.

Which are probably 1000 times better than those two dorks.

Pugger
07-21-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm with Ziggy here (we ladies think alike). The local news in GB (I'm up here for 2 months this summer) interviewed the fans at this rally yesterday and the folks were demanding that the Packers bring Brett back. TT has said publically that Brett was welcome back to the club once he files his reinstatement papers but Brett has scoffed at the notion of having to come into camp and competing for the starting job. Evidently this is beneath him. :roll: The next move is Brett's and his agent's. So maybe these folks should fly down to MS and picket outside of Brett's estate and demand that he file for reinstatement and get his fanny into camp? But I have a feeling once camp starts we won't be hearing much from #4 for a while...

MadtownPacker
07-21-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm with Ziggy here (we ladies think alike). :whaa: and Chevelle is also a chica??

Chevelle2
07-21-2008, 05:51 PM
I'm with Ziggy here (we ladies think alike). :whaa: and Chevelle is also a chica??

Nope, Im a dude. Do I come across as being a chick? :?

MadtownPacker
07-21-2008, 06:09 PM

Nope, Im a dude. Do I come across as being a chick? :?Huh? You said "we ladies think alike". So that means either..

A. You are a woman.

or

B. You would be great friends with Harlan Huckleby.

Chevelle2
07-21-2008, 06:10 PM

Nope, Im a dude. Do I come across as being a chick? :?Huh? You said "we ladies think alike". So that means either..

A. You are a woman.

or

B. You would be great friends with Harlan Huckleby.

Naw I never said "we ladies think alike" thats someone else who said that!

MadtownPacker
07-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Naw I never said "we ladies think alike" thats someone else who said that!My mistake, I though Pugger had replied right now.

But what about this thread?

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=13368

Chevelle2
07-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Naw I never said "we ladies think alike" thats someone else who said that!My mistake, I though Pugger had replied right now.

But what about this thread?

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=13368

Hahah...notice the no homo at the end. :lol: