PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how Chad Jackson is doing?

BallHawk
06-08-2006, 03:21 PM
I wasn't one of the people going crazy when we traded our pick that we could of picked Jackson with, as I know other people where. So does anyone know how Jackson is doing in the Patriot's OTA's?

red
06-08-2006, 03:23 PM
I wasn't one of the people going crazy when we traded our pick that we could of picked Jackson with, as I know other people where. So does anyone know how Jackson is doing in the Patriot's OTA's?

i read somewhere the other day that he's looking pretty good

but so is jennings

i'll see what i can track down for you

GoPackGo
06-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Looks like he's gonna be the #3 behind Branch and Caldwell

sporting news 6/2/06
All those aflutter about the selection of WR Chad Jackson in the draft may have to hold their breath. Reche Caldwell figures to have the inside track to the starting spot opposite Branch. Caldwell, signed as a free agent from the Chargers, couldn't catch a break injury-wise in San Diego, Chargers G.M. A.J. Smith said recently. If he stays healthy in New England, he should show the hands and plus-speed that he came into the league possessing. Caldwell isn't as ferocious as downfield blocker as the Pats would like but he is willing to go in traffic and has a terrific attitude which goes a long way in New England.

BallHawk
06-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks guys.

Harlan Huckleby
06-08-2006, 07:40 PM
probably we'll be comparing Jackson and Jennings their whole careers.

RashanGary
06-09-2006, 01:09 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl;_ylt=AvC2uHIJi5pfHnDu34TNiBA5nYcB

You can see clips of both Jennings and Jackson at this site.

woodbuck27
06-18-2006, 07:35 AM
http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=Todaydetail&pid=19536&pcid=111

"On day two of mini-camp, we have two more practices to analyze. Hear from two of the newest Patriots, as well as two of the most senior players. Oh, and an update on Deion Branch...too. It's all packed into this edition of Patriots Today." intro ** to video

If you go to the above link. you'll be able to access ** video highlights on Day two of the Pats Mini Camp and see Pat Rookies Chad Jackson and Lawrence Mulroney interviewed and in practise.

mmmdk
06-19-2006, 12:09 AM
This is from rotoworld; Tom Brady repeatedly found rookie WR Chad Jackson in red-zone drills at Patriots minicamp.
The second-round pick was the talk of the spring. He'll compete with Reche Caldwell to start in training camp. Jun. 18 - 9:38 am et

Jennings has turned heads too.

Partial
06-19-2006, 12:42 AM
I hope the best for the guy. Two things raise red flags about this guy:

The Steelers, with more draft picks starting for their team than any other team in the league knew they'd have a shot at this guy but traded up to grab Santonio Holmes.

Secondly, he wasn't too productive of a college player. In 2005, he was solid with 88 catches for 900 yards and 9 touchdowns. In 2004, he was used primarily as a deep threat using his speed to beat people and had 600+ yards with less than 30 catches. Santonio Holmes had less catches, but more yards and more touchdowns. It sounds to me like he was a good posession receiver for Florida than a dominate game-changing wideout. If he could not dominate in the college ranks, I don't think he'll be able to in the NFL. He's got everything you want physically from a receiver, so it definitely raised the question of why didn't he dominate? Sure, he had a ton of catches. Most were very short yardage though.

I think the Packers may have been smart is having their target set of Jennings.

mmmdk
06-19-2006, 02:30 AM
Hehe :twisted: Now we know the Pats gameplan at Lambeau! Brady to Jackson...but the pass is intercepted by Woodson. Wuhuu :wink: :D

Scott Campbell
06-19-2006, 08:36 AM
I think Chad is doing better than the only receiver taken ahead of him.

POSTED 8:29 a.m. EDT, June 19, 2006

ANOTHER ARREST FOR HOLMES

The Associated Press reports that Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes was arrested early Monday for domestic violence.

The arrest came just after midnight. Holmes was taken to the Franklin County (Ohio) jail. His first court appearance is scheduled for Tuesday. The police aren't giving out any details as to who has made the complaint or what Holmes allegedly did.

The first-round draft pick out of Ohio State also was arrested in Miami during Memorial Day weekend for disorderly conduct, apparently as part of a local crackdown on folks who act up outside one of the many South Beach clubs.

Said coach Bill Cowher following Holmes' first arrest: "Whatever he did wrong, I don't think he handled it properly. I think he'll learn from it and understand the scrutiny he's under. We have not talked face to face about it. I don't have any long-term concerns."

In April, the Steelers traded up from No. 32 to No. 25 in order to select Holmes, who was the first receiver taken in the draft. The second wideout, Florida's Chad Jackson, landed with New England in round two.

Jackson hasn't been arrested for anything. Yet. Given the position he plays, it's almost statistically certain that, at some point in his career, he'll be dragging a tin cup along a set of steel bars.

woodbuck27
06-19-2006, 08:43 AM
"Given the position he ( Chad Jackson ) plays, it's almost statistically certain that, at some point in his career, he'll be dragging a tin cup along a set of steel bars." fr. Article presented by Scott Campbell

I'd like to see an Article supporting that statement Scott.

"NFL WR's Bound to Turn Jailbird's." Is that actually the case?

Scott Campbell
06-19-2006, 09:24 AM
double post

Partial
06-19-2006, 09:27 AM
You just posted the exact same thing twice. Just because Santonio Holmes is getting into trouble means nothing at this point. Its impossible to predict right now who will have the biggest year.

Scott Campbell
06-19-2006, 09:35 AM
You just posted the exact same thing twice. Just because Santonio Holmes is getting into trouble means nothing at this point. Its impossible to predict right now who will have the biggest year.

I don't know that I'd say it means nothing. I can tell you I'm glad Jennings hasn't had 2 run-ins with the law since the draft.

The Leaper
06-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Ahman Green has been in court so many times for this kind of stuff...and what impact has it had on his NFL career? None.

Why would it affect Holmes? Please elaborate.

Partial
06-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Charmin never ran a tight skip like Pittsburg, though

HarveyWallbangers
06-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Ahman Green has been in court so many times for this kind of stuff...and what impact has it had on his NFL career? None.

Why would it affect Holmes? Please elaborate.

I believe Ahman had one of his run-ins thrown out and the other was plea bargained to a lesser count or something like that. I guess it depends what kind of charge stems for these charges. But, yes, it should be a concern for Pittsburgh--just like it was a concern for Packer fans with Ahman. I'd rather not have my rookie wideout have this kind of offseason record.

woodbuck27
06-25-2006, 01:15 PM
2nd tier must kick into gear: No margin for error

By Michael Felger/ Patriots Insider
Boston Herald Patriots Beat Columnist

Sunday, June 25, 2006 - Updated: 01:08 PM EST

You never want your Super Bowl hopes to rest on two rookies and two veteran disappointments, but barring any late signings or trades, that could very well be the situation facing the Patriots heading into the 2006 season.

To put it another way, the Pats are a team with a host of players who “had better . . .”

A few examples of what we mean:

Chad Jackson had better be as good as he’s looked in non-contact workouts.

The Patriots receiving corps is dangerously thin, especially with Deion Branch still out in a contract dispute. Even if Branch returns prior to the start of the regular season,the need for a legitimate threat opposite him is huge. Without it, defenses will be free to roll coverages to Branch’s side and effectively take him out of the game plan, which happened in the past when David Givens was out of the lineup.

It was obvious at minicamp two weeks ago that Tom Brady was short of weaponry at receiver. Perhaps that’s why the offense came out in some funky sets with tight ends and fullbacks everywhere. Perhaps that’s why we saw so many balls hit the ground. The Pats simply need more quality wideouts, regardless of what happens to Branch.

Jackson is the key. If the second-round pick out of Florida can stretch defenses and make safeties respect his side of the field, that will provide opportunities for Branch and keep the middle available for the Pats’ talented group of tight ends. It’s hard to imagine free agent Reche Caldwell being that guy, so the pressure is on Jackson to be a playmaker right out of the chute. That’s a lot to ask of any rookie, but, unfortunately, that’s where the Patriots stand right now.

SD GB fan
06-25-2006, 02:42 PM
kinda sounds like our situation at gb eh?

PackerPro42
06-25-2006, 07:25 PM
I think the packers made a mistake by not taking Jackson. :cry: Don't get me wrong I love jennings, but I think they could have picked him up a little later. I do however think that the trde between the falcons and them was a good on.

Bretsky
06-25-2006, 07:27 PM
Time will tell, but my draft day views would agree with you.

BTW, welcome to Packerrats.

B

PackerPro42
06-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Thanks man. I think jackson is just to good of an athlete not to pick.

Partial
06-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Welcome to PR,

However, I feel the same argument could be made for Jennings! His production was just too good to pass up!!

In reality though, only time will tell. I say 5 years from now both will be solid #2 guys.

PackerPro42
06-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Ya, but jennings wasn't in a division1 school.

Harlan Huckleby
06-25-2006, 09:06 PM
Jennings wasn't Division II - was he????

I thought he was MAC conference or something. OK, I'll look.

Harlan Huckleby
06-25-2006, 09:08 PM
ya, Western Michigan, MAC conference. It ain't USC, but it's Division I.

esoxx
06-25-2006, 09:21 PM
I wouldn't sweat the school Jennings attended. He was a big time recruit who gave a verbal commitment to Michigan his Jr year of H.S. Then, as signing time approached his senior year the coaches from Michigan gave him the silent treatment and started backing out. He doesn't know why. Other schools that showed interest, including Michigan St and Wisconsin, by this time didn't have any room for the kid. So he stayed close to home and played at Western Michigan, where he tore it up.

My view on Jackson is he's overrated and his production doesn't match his mearsurables. But we'll see. I see Jennings as a much better fit for the WC offense b/c of his route running abililty and YAC.

Partial
06-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Esoxx hit the nail on the head

mmmdk
06-26-2006, 01:32 AM
Greg Jennings and Chad Jackson are both in for very solid careers, even great ones. It's not going to be Chambers vs Fergy. I really wanted Chambers, as many packers did, but I thought: "hey, that Texas A&M guy must be really good then (when the Pack did not pick Chambers)!?". We all know the truth about that one.

Harlan Huckleby
06-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Greg Jennings and Chad Jackson are both in for very solid careers, even great ones.

Wide Receivers are hard to predict! Maybe you are right, maybe.

It will be interesting to compare their careers.

Hopefully not interesting like comparing Chris Chambers & Robert Fergusson.

Partial
06-26-2006, 08:56 AM
Greg Jennings and Chad Jackson are both in for very solid careers, even great ones. It's not going to be Chambers vs Fergy. I really wanted Chambers, as many packers did, but I thought: "hey, that Texas A&M guy must be really good then (when the Pack did not pick Chambers)!?". We all know the truth about that one.

Like Harlan said, its difficult to predict. Hopefully they both will. The thing is that the year Jackson and Jennings came out was supposedly the best year for receivers that we've seen in a long, long time. This year was terrible in that regard. Hopefully, our guy defies logic and becomes a solid starter!!

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 09:05 AM
Well I think that jennings will be the ferguson of this career and jackson will be the chambers.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Does anyone know Jenning's 40 time? I think it was in the low 4.40's but i'm not sure.

Partial
06-26-2006, 09:10 AM
Well, if college production is any indication (as it was with chambers and ferguson), Ferguson was a freakish build and prospect who didn't have great production. Chambers routinely put up big numbers.

In terms of college careers, Jennings seems more like the Chambers and Jackson the Ferguson.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Yeah but jackson did have good numbers before entering the draft.
I mean his last season.

Partial
06-26-2006, 09:17 AM
That's true, and he is freakishly fast. It'll be interesting to see how he turns out. I definitely thought going in he was overrated, but it seems he's handling the NFL life better than Santonio thus far, whom I had pegged as a star!!

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Yeah but the combine does that to people. It can either make or break some players. Just look at lendale white.

Partial
06-26-2006, 09:22 AM
what do you mean?

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 09:24 AM
I mean that the combine overhypes some players and their physical abilities and then overshadows others.

Partial
06-26-2006, 09:31 AM
I definitely think Jackson has a little bit of workout wonder to him. Same with TE Davis and DE Williams. If I recall correctly, Jackson really shot up teams draft boards after his 40 time. That's always a scary thing when that happens. However, sometimes it pans out in the case of Chambers, who had a freakish combine himself and definitely climbed some draft boards that way.

I guess in a sense its really a crapshoot. We went with Ferguson because we craved his size and measureables, yet the guys on here who were rooting for Chambers were I'm sure also talking up his 40 and agility times at the combine.

Jackson left after 3 years in a major program. Jennings stayed all 4 and put up good numbers. I think Jackson has more potential to be a game changer, but I think Jennings will continue his solid production and be a good receiver in his own right.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 09:34 AM
I think the only way jennings will suceed is if he is a number 3 reciever. And thats not what the packers need because they have a ton of them.

Partial
06-26-2006, 09:38 AM
Perhaps this year he'll be a number 3. He was the third receiver taken in one of the deepest (albeit not at receiver) drafts in decades. I think he's going to be a good player someday, though i've never actually seen him play so its impossible for me to judge him. I think we'll get a much better idea come training camp, but my guess is if the competition is close, he comes out as the number 2 wideout.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 09:47 AM
NO i don't think jennings will ever be #2 in the packers offense just because we have rod gardner and TT is in love with ferguson.

Partial
06-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Gardner hasn't given us any reason to think he can be a number 2 even on a bad team. If its close between Jennings and Gardner, they'll go with Jennings. As for Ferguson, if he doesn't step up they'll cut him this year so they can pay someone else half the money for twice the production.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 10:05 AM
TT won't start jennings this year. They'll use him as a slot reciever that goes across the middle.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Any way, i think jackson would have fit into our system better because he's more like javon walker.

Partial
06-26-2006, 10:10 AM
Its a new system this year. Jennings is smaller, but an accomplished route runner with some shake-n-bake to him. My understanding is Jackson is more of an athlete playing receiver, where is Jennings is more of a pure receiver.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Yes that is the impression I got to. But i think that jackson would have still been better for the team because your replacing an athletic reciever with an athleitic reviever. Anyways they already have a pure reciever in DD.

The Leaper
06-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Driver doesn't have much more than 3 years left in him...and it takes most WRs at least two years to gain a level of familiarity in the WCO. Walker is the kind of athletic freak you weren't going to find a replacement for in this year's draft anyway.

Jennings was a great choice by Thompson. Jackson may wind up to be the bigger playmaker in the end...but he's not going to be an elite one like Moss or Owens. I think you may see Jackson wind up with some very big individual seasons...but a guy like Jennings is more likely to put up a solid overall career. He is also far more ready to step on the field this year and contribute.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 01:04 PM
I still think that Jackson will turn out with an encredible career regardless of all the negative talk around him. If the three time world champs saw something in him that must mean he's pretty special. I think after this season we'll all be shaking our head that our packers didn't pick this amazing athlete.

Scott Campbell
06-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Ya, but jennings wasn't in a division1 school.

Where did Nick Collins play in college? Heck, where did Walter Payton and Jerry Rice play in college?

Scott Campbell
06-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Yeah but jackson did have good numbers before entering the draft.
I mean his last season.

Grady Jackson could put up big numbers as a receiver in Urban Meyer's offense.

Scott Campbell
06-26-2006, 01:17 PM
TT won't start jennings this year. They'll use him as a slot reciever that goes across the middle.

Just a hunch, but I don't think Ted will be naming starters.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 01:19 PM
O.K. You may be right there but I still think that the packers messed up by not taking one of the top ranked recievers in the draft. That's all i'm saying :wink:

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 01:20 PM
And I think it's really cool that your picking on someone new like this.

Scott Campbell
06-26-2006, 01:21 PM
I still think that Jackson will turn out with an encredible career regardless of all the negative talk around him. If the three time world champs saw something in him that must mean he's pretty special.

Another three time champ passed on him and traded out of the pick because they didn't see anything special. Virtually every team passed on him at least once. It's all speculation at this point. Jennings looks solid in camp. I'm happy with our guy.

Scott Campbell
06-26-2006, 01:22 PM

Nothing personal. Just picking holes in your case. I'm not sure how much we'll know for certain by the end of the year, as receivers typically take a while to become fully productive. Welcome aboard.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Grady Jackson could put up big numbers as a receiver in Urban Meyer's offense.[/quote]

I highley doubt that Greg Jennings could have put up numbers in an elite school like he did in western michigan. It's just a hunch but I think he is to short and to slow to do anything serious in an elite school like that. And elite competitors in college are childs play compared to the NFL teams.

Scott Campbell
06-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Grady Jackson could put up big numbers as a receiver in Urban Meyer's offense.

I highley doubt that Greg Jennings could have put up numbers in an elite school like he did in western michigan. It's just a hunch but I think he is to short and to slow to do anything serious in an elite school like that. And elite competitors in college are childs play compared to the NFL teams.[/quote]

Well don't tell that to Jerry Rice or Walter Payton.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Stop using those people as examples. So there is 2 hall of fame players that came out of none division 1 schools. Whoopee

Scott Campbell
06-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Stop using those people as examples. So there is 2 hall of fame players that came out of none division 1 schools. Whoopee

Ok, how bout this one? Freddie Mitchell came out of PAC 10 UCLA as a first round pick of the Philidelphia Eagles. So he had the big time college pedigree, as well as draft status to succeed.

How did that work out?

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Okay name another one.

P.S. I knew that he he wasn't going to be good.

Scott Campbell
06-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Okay name another one.

P.S. I knew that he he wasn't going to be good.

LOL Good call on Mitchell.

We could do this forever. The point is, it's not an exact science. You're entitled to your opinion, but only time will tell.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Well thanks for the good chat. P.M. me if you want anymore good talks.

Partial
06-26-2006, 02:13 PM
I still think that Jackson will turn out with an encredible career regardless of all the negative talk around him. If the three time world champs saw something in him that must mean he's pretty special. I think after this season we'll all be shaking our head that our packers didn't pick this amazing athlete.

Yes, but the most successful team over the past 10 years that coincidentally has had the highest success rate drafting their own players decided it would be wise to pass on the opportunity to draft Jackson and instead trade an additional draft pick (which they value a great deal) to pick Santonio Holmes.

Partial
06-26-2006, 02:15 PM
O.K. You may be right there but I still think that the packers messed up by not taking one of the top ranked recievers in the draft. That's all i'm saying :wink:

They took the third ranked receiver who they categorized as a football player and someone who has consistently been productive, versus taking someone they saw more as an athlete who jumped ahead because of his workout numbers despite a lack of production in all but one year.

Every year Jennings was in college he put up better numbers despite playing in a less receiver-friendly offense.

Partial
06-26-2006, 02:16 PM

We're not picking, we're engaging in discussion. You have every right to think and support whatever or whomever you want. I'm a huge leftwich and kitna fan and everyone else around here thinks i'm crazy for it!

Partial
06-26-2006, 02:27 PM

Come on man, you know for a fact that are tons of good players that come out of smaller programs. Byron Leftwich, drafted second overall was taken from Marshall. Ben Roethlisberger was taken from the University of Miami - Ohio, another mac school. Chad Pennington and Randy Moss were both taken from the MAC conference as well. Before getting injured, Chad Pennington was a perennial pro bowler and Randy Moss up to this point has had the best career of any receiver ever. The Jaguars Mathis was from Bethune-Cookman and is a shutdown corner. Dante Culpepper was from Central Florida. Brett Favre was from Southern Mississippi.

More recently, Jay Cutler was regarded by some as the best quarterback prospect in the draft. He was from the MAC conference.

Chris Weinke won the heisman while with Florida State. Lawrence Phillips was supposed to be a dominant running back from Nebraska. Ki-Jana Carter was a 1st overall draft pick from Penn State. Rashamm Salaam was supposed to be the next Barry Sanders out of Colorado. Ron Dayne broke the all time NCAA rushing record at Wisconsin. Danny Wuerfell quarterbacked some great Florida teams. Torrance Marshall was one of the most dominating defenders in college. Heath Schuler was a stud at tennesee. Curtis Enis was a AAA prospect from Penn State. KeyShawn Johnson was a first overall pick out of USC. Akili Smith was a 3rd pick overall from Oregon. Crazy Cade McNown was a 6th pick out of UCLA. How many players from those great Miami, Oaklahoma, ND and USC teams have busted in the NFL. Tons.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Okay I said hall of famer, not good players.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Oh and by the way Jennings wasn't the third ranked reciever in the draft. I checked many draft sites and watched tape on him and he was lucky if he was in the top ten ranked recievers. Because lets face it he isn't a very good athlete in todays NFL standards.

Partial
06-26-2006, 02:34 PM
Barry Sanders is not from a football powerhouse

Brett Favre isn't

Most are before my time. Anyone, the point is that its a crapshoot. Tons of good players come from the MAC or other solid conferences. For what its worth, Jennings was heavily recruited by a ton of powerhouses, including Michigan, Tennesee, and Wisconsin among others. He was pretty much guaranteed to get into Michigan and something went wrong. Wisconsin would have loved to take him as well as Michigan State but by that point they had used all their scholarships up.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Oh and the Steelers "most consistant scouts," really picked a winner in Holmes. Just look what he's done already. The Steelers made a mistake by not picking him either. :razz:

Scott Campbell
06-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Oh and by the way Jennings wasn't the third ranked reciever in the draft. I checked many draft sites and watched tape on him and he was lucky if he was in the top ten ranked recievers. Because lets face it he isn't a very good athlete in todays NFL standards.

Yeah, they said that about Jerry Rice too. He wasn't supposed to be very fast either.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Okay you really need to stop using Jerry Rice and Greg Jennings in the same breath. By the way, Rice wasn't fast he was elusive.

Partial
06-26-2006, 02:44 PM

Show me one publication where he wasn't a top 10.

There is a lot more to an athlete than raw speed. Jennings is very agile as well, which I would argue is much more important than raw speed for a posession receiver.

Chad Jackson - 28.5 Vertical Jump
09-7 Broad Jump first attempt
01.54 10 yard dash
02.55 20 yard dash
04.34 40 yard dash
04.10 20 yard shuttle
11.21 60 yard shuttle
06.75 3 cone drill

Greg Jennings - 36.5 Vertical Jump
09-9 Broad Jump first attempt
10-2 Broad Jump second attempt
01.56 10 yard dash
02.62 20 yard dash
04.46 40 yard dash
04.16 20 yard shuttle
11.15 60 yard shuttle
06.68 3 cone drill

Jackson may be slightly faster, but for everybit he is faster, he is less agile and able to get away/seperate from a defender. Barry Sanders wasn't the fastest runner, he was very agile. He had a great career. Michael Bennett was one of the fastest players in the NFL, and he has done very little.

Partial
06-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Okay you really need to stop using Jerry Rice and Greg Jennings in the same breath. By the way, Rice wasn't fast he was elusive.

Jennings is very elusive. Every scouting report i've read says thats a huge positive with him. He was one of the most explosive return men in the country. He's got moves like Mr. Bush.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Check nfldraftcountdown.com. He's ranked ninth but they don't think very highly of him.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 02:48 PM
They all say the same thing about him he puts up consistant numbers and that's about it.

Partial
06-26-2006, 02:53 PM
I cannot find the post, but when Harv gets on perhaps he can help. I recall Harvey went and looked up all the major scouting publications and where they had Jennings ranked, and he averaged out to like 3.5, alternating most ranking with Sinorice Moss.

I don't understand the need for a big argument. It's futile until they play a few seasons. Based on what we've seen and heard from the camps, it sounds like Jennings will be solid. He is plenty fast and more elusive then most receivers.

Partial
06-26-2006, 02:54 PM
They all say the same thing about him he puts up consistant numbers and that's about it.

Which is more than the publications say about Chad Jackson. They all question why despite being such an athlete he only had one semi-productive season in a pass-friendly offense. Most say he is not at all polished in the art of running routes, and is more of a sprinter than a receiver.

The Leaper
06-26-2006, 02:59 PM
There is absolutely ZERO evidence that Jackson is a considerably better athlete than Jennings. None. If you want to sit here and make it sound like Jackson has freakish athleticism...go right ahead. However, the kid is a far cry from someone like Randy Moss or Javon Walker in terms of pure athleticism.

Jackson might be viewed to some as a better prospect because he has more potential as a big playmaker. Jennings might be viewed to some as a better prospect because he has a greater chance to contribute at the next level.

For Green Bay, who runs a west coast offense based on precision and timing, Jennings is a better choice. As an example, Robert Ferguson has all the physical tools a WR could ever need...he's fast, strong, explosive with good size. However, he can't get to the right spot at the right time if you offered him $1,000,000...and he lacks some basic skills necessary for a receiver, including body control and finding the ball in the air. In the WCO, that makes him virtually useless as a primary receiver.

The Leaper
06-26-2006, 03:03 PM

Because if you are consistently successful, that is pretty much all you need to say.

Bossman641
06-26-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm really surprised that Jackson only has a vertical of 28.5 inches. That has got to be below average for a WR.

I still think Jackson will be the better player in the long run, but we needed somebody who can contribute right away. We have enough guys who run questionable routes and lack consistency. I think Favre will be more than happy to have Jennings, a receiver who so far appears to be very polished and reliable. How many times did we see last year where Favre would have conversations with WR's because they had not broken as he expected them to.

Partial
06-26-2006, 03:29 PM
If you look at Torry Holt's college career, Jennings is similiar. They run a nearly identical 40 time, and both produced consistently throughout.

Here's an article on him
http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/stat/apr99/wr-holt.asp

Partial
06-26-2006, 03:33 PM
In addition to the speed arguements, i'd like to point out Devon Hester runs like a 4.5 but was routinely referred to as one of the best athletes in the draft.

Deputy Nutz
06-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Partial that is not really true about Hester. He ran a high 4.4 at the combine, and then at the Miami Pro Day he blazed a low 4.3. Hester has wheels, but most importantly he plays fast on the field.

Harlan Huckleby
06-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Attention, attention: twice repeated in this thread that Jennings didn't play Division I football. The MAC Conference is Division I. They beat Big Ten teams sometimes.

Partial
06-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Div 1AA, correct?

Harlan Huckleby
06-26-2006, 04:31 PM
I never heard of Division Iaa

Does it exist in football?

The MAC Conference play with the big boys, at any rate.

Harlan Huckleby
06-26-2006, 04:32 PM
ok, here's Iaa teams:

http://www.i-aa.org/section_front.asp?arttypeid=566

RashanGary
06-26-2006, 04:56 PM
If you look at Torry Holt's college career, Jennings is similiar. They run a nearly identical 40 time, and both produced consistently throughout.

Here's an article on him
http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/stat/apr99/wr-holt.asp

They sound very, very similar coming out. Good comparison. Holt seems a little taller, but guys like Steve Smith and Terry Glenn have done just fine at 5'11"

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 05:32 PM
HEy Partial where are you getting your draft information from? I would like to take a look at it because it looks more in depth than the sites I go to.

Deputy Nutz
06-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Div 1AA, correct?

No Western Michigan is 1A

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Alright we get it. He went to a non-established school. I think he'll still be decent just not as good as Jackson.

Harlan Huckleby
06-26-2006, 06:02 PM
How in hades can we say whether Jackson or Jennings will be better?

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 06:05 PM
It;s an oppinion that I based off a lot of research.

Deputy Nutz
06-26-2006, 06:14 PM
How in hades can we say whether Jackson or Jennings will be better?

Simple, I will ask Esmeralda.

http://www.gameroomantiques.com/Photo/ArcadeTarraCloseUp.GIF
She said to come back in 7 months.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Funny. But you can ask me and i'll tell you right now. Jackson.

CaliforniaCheez
06-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Three days before the draft, my local sports channel had on a ponytailed betting service guy from Las Vegas giving his opinion on players.

1) He did not like Chad Jackson as a WR. Said he is not sure if he can be coached out of bad habits and bad foot work.

2) On film he showed Chad Jackson stutter stepping before his cuts. He said NFL corners will see that and it will negate any speed advantage he has. He is not crisp in routes.

3) Jennings was faster at the combine in the shuttle drill and the 3 cone drill than Chad Jackson. Jackson was only faster in the straight line 40 not anything involving cuts.

4) Jennings was his "sleeper pick".

It was an interseting show with a different perspective.
He had Colledge as the second best OT BTW.

Now they are both rookies in the hands of the coaching staffs.

Harlan Huckleby
06-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Three days before the draft, my local sports channel had on a ponytailed betting service guy from Las Vegas giving his opinion on players.

I've seen that guy on late night TV, he really knows his stuff.

http://www.tonylittle.com/images/ap2-200.gifhttp://www.tonylittle.com/images/gazelleextreme.jpg

Bossman641
06-26-2006, 07:53 PM

http://www.tonylittle.com/images/ap2-200.gifhttp://www.tonylittle.com/images/gazelleextreme.jpg

OMG, it's THE Tony Little and his Gazelle

It's amazing what the Gazelle can do for your upper body. It got me in the best shape of my life.

http://m.1asphost.com/HughMonkey/images/scottsteiner.jpg

SD GB fan
06-26-2006, 08:18 PM
jackson is overrated. his 40 times vaulted him up the MOCK drafts but all 32 NFL teams knew where he belonged, in the 2nd round. as for his 28' vertical, i find that funny cos i can jump a 30' but hey hes 6 feet something. anyhow, if u want an athlete, we got leo bookman. 6'2" 4.2yrd 40 and give him a couple of years to feel the NFL and hes probably as good as chad jackson. but jennings is a true football player, he knows how to catch with his hands and run precise rountes.

PackerPro42
06-26-2006, 09:03 PM
I still want to know where he found that info. because I haven't found it.

Partial
06-26-2006, 09:44 PM

HAHAHAHA

Partial
06-26-2006, 09:56 PM
I just google players. I like scounts inc too. I go to reputable sites only and steer clear of espn

Mazzin
06-26-2006, 10:36 PM
waus, calm down, you seem so defensive, its a PEACEFUL CHILL vibe in here, dont spoil it please. thanks in advanced. :smile:

Brandon494
06-27-2006, 08:57 AM
When was the last time a WR from Florida did well in the NFL? I'm happy we took Jennings over Jackson because I think he is a more complete player than Jackson is, 40 times aren't everything.

PackerPro42
06-27-2006, 10:42 AM
Do mead the college of Florida or the state of Florida? Because Walker did pretty good.

The Leaper
06-27-2006, 12:37 PM
I think he is referring to the University of Florida...who has produced plenty of WRs who tore up the NCAA, but haven't amounted to much of anything in the NFL. Darrell Jackson is the lone exception I can think of...although he still isn't a stud by any stretch of the imagination. He's not even as good as Driver IMO.

PackerPro42
06-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Actually I think there pretty close.

BlueBrewer
06-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Chad Jackson is the next Ashley Leilie. Write that down.

BallHawk
06-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Jennings isn't an athlete? Your kidding me right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V2ruuU44-g&search=greg%20jennings

PackerPro42
06-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Jennings is the next Freddy Mitchell. Write that down.

Partial
06-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Why do you think that?

PackerPro42
06-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah so Jennings is elusive. I've already said that. And that;s all that video proves. But elusiveness does not make him a great athlete.

Partial
06-27-2006, 05:01 PM
And being a great athlete (though he's not a great athlete by nfl standards as his combine performance shows, he's a great sprinter) does not necessarily make you a great football player.

Jennings has consistently put up numbers despite not having blazing speed or height. He is a football player and a student of the game. Jackson has struggled at times and been incredibly inconsistent. He is a sprinter, not a football player.

PackerPro42
06-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Yesbut the point I'm trying to make is that he puts up consistant numbers on mediocure teams.

Partial
06-27-2006, 05:03 PM
But you haven't. You've done nothing but post your opinion. No facts involved. Show me some stats. Its not like Florida is consistently playing top 10 teams, either.

Partial
06-27-2006, 05:10 PM
In addition to that, if he is in such a "bad" conference, he obviously does not have the quality of players on his team as Chad Jackson. That fact cannot be neglected.

RashanGary
06-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Jennings ran in the 4.45 range, jumped like 37" and did very well in all of his other drills to my recollection. I'm at work so I can't look them up.

He's not off the charts in any catagory, but he is very, very gifted in all of them except height. Sometimes shorter players have a quickness advantage, so it's not that bad.

What sets Jennings apart is how he plays football. He's physically gifted, but what he brings is great hands, polished route running and the ability to break tackles. Like Partial said, that counts for something. Jackson is fast and that is it. Jennings is fast, quick, explosive *evident by his vertical* and a very productive player.

I like Jennings better.

PackerPro42
06-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Jackson's Schedule

SCHEDULE Sat Apr 22 Spring Orange and Blue Game
Boxscore Gainesville, FL 1:30PM(ET) TBA --
Sat Sep 2 Southern Miss. Gainesville, FL 6:00PM(ET) --
Sat Sep 9 Central Florida Gainesville, FL 6:00PM(ET) --
Sat Sep 16 at Tennessee Knoxville, TN 8:00PM(ET) --
Sat Sep 23 Kentucky Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Sep 30 Alabama Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Oct 7 Louisiana State (HC) Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Oct 14 at Auburn Auburn, AL TBA --
Sat Oct 28 Georgia Jacksonville, FL 3:30PM(ET) --
Sat Nov 4 at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN TBA --
Sat Nov 11 South Carolina Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Nov 18 Western Carolina Gainesville, FL TBA --
Sat Nov 25 at Florida State Tallahassee, FL TBA

Jenning's Schedule
Date Opponent Time/Result
Sep 2 @Indiana
Sep 9 Toledo
Sep 16 @Virginia
Sep 23 Temple
Oct 7 @Ohio
Oct 14 Northern Illinois
Oct 21 @Ball St. 2:00pm
Oct 28 E. Michigan
Nov 4 Miami (Ohio)
Nov 10 @C. Michigan
Nov 18 @Florida St.
Nov 24 @Akron
Not a very intense schedule for Jennings hough?

PackerPro42
06-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Look the point I'm trying to make is that I think Jennings will be good but I don't have as much proof because he put up good numbers agains horrible teams. I would have been more comftorable with Jackson because he has proven himself against worthier opponents. That's all I'm trying to say because let's face neither of these guys were amazing prospects.

Deputy Nutz
06-27-2006, 07:33 PM
Well, Western Carolina was sure stiff competition on November 18th

BlueBrewer
06-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Toledo was a powerhouse on defense!

Partial
06-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Look the point I'm trying to make is that I think Jennings will be good but I don't have as much proof because he put up good numbers agains horrible teams. I would have been more comftorable with Jackson because he has proven himself against worthier opponents. That's all I'm trying to say because let's face neither of these guys were amazing prospects.

The teams are not horrible. Relatively speaking they're just as good. Since Florida is a big time football program, they obviously have a great number of good prospects. Western Michigan is not as good of a program obviously, thus they have less talent on both sides of the ball, especially in the caliber of a player throwing the ball to him. It's all relative. I think Jennings had a phenominal college career and there is nothing that leads me to believe that won't translate to success in the NFL.

PackerPro42
06-27-2006, 09:30 PM
I think he'll have a good career too but it's a litlle scetchy in my mind looking at the schedule. I know his team wasn't high caliber either but it just draws some questions in my mind.

Partial
06-27-2006, 09:32 PM
and Chad Jackson's lack of performance doesn't?

PackerPro42
06-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Look he only had one year to prove himself and I think he did a pretty good job of it. He didn't get to start right away like Jennings did because of the high caliber school he went to.

SD GB fan
06-28-2006, 12:33 AM
Look he only had one year to prove himself and I think he did a pretty good job of it. He didn't get to start right away like Jennings did because of the high caliber school he went to.

look man, just give up ur crush on jackson for a while. by ur standards, leo bookman will have the greatest career ever. at 6-2 (?), he runs a 4.2. (now if he does have the greatest career ever, great for the pack :lol: ) but there is more to football than combine numbers and TT told his staff to remind him not to pick combine freaks but football players.

Brandon494
06-28-2006, 08:24 AM
How the hell do you think Jennings is the next Freddie Mitchell? You have no idea what you are talking about. Jennings was prob. the best route runner in the draft this year and IF he had went to a bigger school he would have been a 1st round draft pick. You also have to remember that Jennings was doubled covered in a lot of those games and he still put up big numbers because he ran great routes and knows how to make yards after the catch, which will be big for us with the offense we will be running this year. So get over your crush with Jackson because he will just be the next Gator WR to fail in the NFL.

BallHawk
06-28-2006, 09:17 AM
I agree 100% with everything Brandon just said.

Haven't seen you post too much. Welcome to the forum anyway :mrgreen:

Partial
06-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the forum to all the new guys. I have been seeing a lot more of you around, and that is wonderful news. Right now, I can tell you the discussion is a little slow because there isn't a lot going on in the NFL right now. I hope you guys take the time to contribute, get to know everyone, and get ready for some serious fun once training camp starts!!

Harlan Huckleby
06-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Has ANYBODY seen these guys play in college?

Just repeating stats doesn't say much. I find the most useful posts about draftees are from people who followed the team of a player in college and have some insight. It was interesting, for instance, when OregonPackerFan said James Lee was gonna be a dog.

I'm not telling everyone to STFU, if you want to form a hard opinion based on combine numbers, that's your choice. It's just kind of a hollow argument.

HarveyWallbangers
06-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Watching video also helps.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/gnb

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nwe

Jennings played well against the big schools:

16 receptions, 156 yards vs. Virginia in 2005
7 receptions, 84 yards, 1 TD vs. Illinois in 2004
9 receptions, 75 yards vs. Virginia Tech in 2004
8 receptions, 107 yards, 2 TDs vs. Michigan State in 2003
5 receptions, 61 yards, 1 TD vs. Virginia in 2003

Hey, the MAC is no joke nowadays. They are a decent conference. It's not like he was playing Division II ball. Some good players have come out of the MAC also:

Ben Roethlisberger, Jason Taylor, Byron Leftwich, Chad Pennington, Jason Babin, Charlie Frye, Chester Taylor, Nick Kaczur, and many others.

KYPack
06-29-2006, 07:33 AM
Has ANYBODY seen these guys play in college?

Just repeating stats doesn't say much. I find the most useful posts about draftees are from people who followed the team of a player in college and have some insight. It was interesting, for instance, when OregonPackerFan said James Lee was gonna be a dog.

I'm not telling everyone to STFU, if you want to form a hard opinion based on combine numbers, that's your choice. It's just kind of a hollow argument.

HH is right. I always remember the" James Lee exchange" with OPF was dead on. When teams draft/acquire players, there's that little rush of positive hype about the guy.

The most accurate info can come from a savvy fan who has actually seen the guy play in games. Two free agents that came from the Bengals ( I see 'em all the time) that had a lot of hype were Nick Luchey and Matt O'Dwyer. They were touted as world-beaters, but I knew they were what they are, marginal players from having seen 'em in game action.

You can't know what these guys are like until you've seen 'em play. I don't really watch enuff college ball to say what either one of 'em will be. That's one reason I like the forum. There's usually a poster that's seen most of the top propects and can give you an honest appraisal.

I could be a Jackson spammer, too. He had one scary combine. Fast, strong, quick, with soft hand. But, I've held my tongue. He hasn't played in a game yet, & his production wasn't that high at FSU.

Let's see what the guy does in pre-season.

Brandon494
06-29-2006, 08:27 AM
I could be a Jackson spammer, too. He had one scary combine. Fast, strong, quick, with soft hand. But, I've held my tongue. He hasn't played in a game yet, & his production wasn't that high at FSU.

He went to Florida, not FSU. :roll:

KYPack
06-29-2006, 09:27 AM

He went to Florida, not FSU. :roll:

Told ya I didn't know that much about the kid!

Ya got me on that one Brandon.

Guess I thought he shudda went to FSU.

He's got a ton of potential, let's see how he pans out.

woodbuck27
06-29-2006, 03:29 PM
WHAT ABOUT CHAD?

Fr. PFT

As more and more folks are expressing concern regarding the decision of the Pittsburgh Steelers to draft, via a trade up from No. 32 to No. 25, receiver Santurdio in round one of the 2006 draft, more and more folks are asking why the Steelers didn't sit tight and take Florida receiver Chad Jackson.

Instead, Jackson went to the Patriots (who traded up with the Packers) at No. 36.

If the Steelers had stayed at No. 32 (and assuming that the Pats wouldn't have traded into the bottom of round one to get Jackson), the Steelers could have had Jackon instead of Santurdio -- and kept the third-round and fourth-round picks that were sent to the Giants for the ability to move up by seven spots.

At first blush, the reason for picking Holmes over Jackson is simple: Holmes has superior punt-return and kick-return credentials, and the Steelers needed a replacement for Antwaan Randle El. But the fact that the Steelers took return specialist Willie Reid in round three suggests that Holmes was selected primarily for his potential contributions to the passing game.

Though Jackson wasn't regarded as a choir boy, the Pats obviously concluded that he'll respond well to strong on-field and off-field leadership from guys like quarterback Tom Brady and coach Bill Belichick. Jackson has proven himself worthy of the team's trust so far, in light of his strong performances during the helmets-and-underwear practices of May and June.

And perhaps the real difference between Jackson and Santurdio is that, because Jackson didn't attend a school that finishes its classes in June, he was able to join his NFL team early enough for said strong leadership to slap him upside the head, if necessary. For Santurdio, isolation from the team through early June due to the stoopid rule aimed at placating college coaches might have contributed to his Memorial Day weekend arrest, which in turn might have contributed to the overall stress that resulted in him allegedly roughing up one of his baby mamas.

But shouldn't the Steelers, who apparently were aware of potential concerns regarding Santurdio, have considered the fact that he'd be off limits (but for one weekend minicamp) well into June? Our guess is that some members of the organization took that into account, and that others either chose to ignore it -- or to disregard it.

In the end, the best play for the Steelers might have been to address another position at No. 32, or to trade out of the spot. It's not as if the Steelers in the Cowher era have found high-quality, high-character receivers in round one (see Troy Edwards, Plaxico Burress).

At this point, any strategy other than the one on which the team embarked would have been a better one, especially in a town that has low tolerance for turds.

HarveyWallbangers
07-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Anybody know why Chad Jackson was put on the PUP list in New England? Last I heard Reche Caldwell will likely be starting opposite Branch. If Branch doesn't hold out. Otherwise, they'll almost have to start Jackson. Man, the Patriots have really been depleted recently. I think their run is over. It will be interesting to see how Brady and the Boys do over the next few years.

Bretsky
07-29-2006, 12:59 AM
I think their D will be tough this year.

Branch will be playing by game one. It would not surprise me to see the Pats right back in the Big Game.

Partial
07-29-2006, 01:05 AM

Branch will be playing by game one. It would not surprise me to see the Pats right back in the Big Game.

I would say either them or Carolina have the best DL in the league. Is Bruschi playing again? What about safety-whose-name-escapes-me?

HarveyWallbangers
07-29-2006, 01:14 AM
McGinest and Givens are gone. They've lost depth on the OL and have some injury prone starters on the OL. Their corners and wideouts are suspect. Harrison is getting old and coming off a serious injury. Can they count on Bruschi and his bad heart? Who knows what Dillon will give them--although he seems motivated. They lost Vinatieri. They'll still be a good team, but they aren't the favorites anymore.

K-town
07-29-2006, 07:56 AM

I would say either them or Carolina have the best DL in the league. Is Bruschi playing again? What about safety-whose-name-escapes-me?

Rodney Harrison. I think he's supposed to be ready to play by the start of the season.

PackerPro42
07-29-2006, 08:52 AM
Chad Jackson is doing really well and its reported that he might start outside of Deion Branch.

PackerTimer
07-29-2006, 10:38 AM
the chad jackson love fest is getting really old. i question the accuracy of your information. i'm curious how well he can be doing and i highly doubt he's reported to be the starter opposite branch considering he's on the pup list.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2532952

Brady doesn't even have rookie Chad Jackson, New England's second-round pick, or Bam Childress, who spent most of last season on the practice squad before being activated for the final regular-season game, to throw to. Both are on the physically unable to perform list.

PackerPro42
07-29-2006, 08:45 PM
My info came strait off ESPN so if you want to doubt me doubt the #1 sports information distributer in the nation. And I don't think you will.

HarveyWallbangers
07-29-2006, 10:40 PM
I've read ESPN, FOX, etc. and they report that Reche Caldwell leads Jackson for the starting gig. It shouldn't be tough to beat out Reche Caldwell for a starting gig. He makes Robert Ferguson and Rod Gardner look like studs.

SD GB fan
07-29-2006, 11:00 PM
caldwell was actually a servicable 3rd WR in SD. caught some tough catches just had major fumbles when it counted. i believe he lost two games for the chargers on two critical fumbles.

PackerPro42
07-29-2006, 11:04 PM
The problem with Caldwell is that he is to inconsistant and he can never stay healthy.

woodbuck27
08-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Aug 1 2006 6:04PM

The New England Patriots have removed WR Chad Jackson (hamstring) from the physically unable to perform list, according to ESPN.com.

The above. Just for you Packer - (NFL fans) that keep track of players you felt that T2 may have considered as alternate picks in the 2006 draft.

Personally. I'm really pleased the way that Greg Jennings is steping up. It appears to me, that Jennings and Brett Favre are making a connection already and that will serve both.

Bring On The Faith - GO Greg Jennings !

GO PACKERS !

PackerPro42
08-03-2006, 10:00 AM
I think Jennings will be good to I just don't think he'll be as good as Jackson.

Partial
08-03-2006, 10:11 AM
I think Jennings will be good to I just don't think he'll be as good as Jackson.

I think Jackson is going to be like every other florida receiver drafted high in the last 10 years and bust.

BallHawk
08-03-2006, 10:46 AM
The funny thing with Caldwell was in Madden 2004, I believe, no matter how many times you tried, he would get injured in the preseason and would be out for the whole year. Every single time. I actually like Caldwell this season, catching passes from Brady. If you compare Jennings and Jackson, it's simple. Jennings is more of a receiver while Jackson is just a burner. That's all there is to it. If Jackson does succeed he will join the group of great University of Florida Wide Receivers like, um, uh.....

Schuhc14
08-03-2006, 10:55 AM
From a Pats fan:

"Chad Jackson: Despite being out much of training camp, Chad has been awesome in minicamp. He caught everything in sight, and displayed great speed. I expect him to look impressive as well during training camp. He is going to be great. "

BallHawk
08-03-2006, 10:57 AM
I wanna see how he does when the pads come on.

Partial
08-03-2006, 12:14 PM
The funny thing with Caldwell was in Madden 2004, I believe, no matter how many times you tried, he would get injured in the preseason and would be out for the whole year. Every single time. I actually like Caldwell this season, catching passes from Brady. If you compare Jennings and Jackson, it's simple. Jennings is more of a receiver while Jackson is just a burner. That's all there is to it. If Jackson does succeed he will join the group of great University of Florida Wide Receivers like, um, uh.....

Ike Hilliard
Jacquez Green
Travis Taylor
Taylor Jacobs
Jabar Gaffney
I could continue

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 12:22 PM
From a Pats fan:

"Chad Jackson: Despite being out much of training camp, Chad has been awesome in minicamp. He caught everything in sight, and displayed great speed. I expect him to look impressive as well during training camp. He is going to be great. "

Hey Schuhc14 ! Thanks for dropping by from time to time. :mrgreen:

What do you think about OUR Packer Forum Etc. ?

PACKERRATS !

BallHawk
08-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Ike Hilliard
Jacquez Green
Travis Taylor
Taylor Jacobs
Jabar Gaffney
I could continue

Ricky Nattiel
Reidel Anthony
Reche Caldwell
And soon to be Chad Jackson

the_idle_threat
08-03-2006, 03:02 PM
I don't think you naysayers realize that Chad Jackson already has 450 yards and 9 touchdowns.

BallHawk
09-15-2006, 06:12 PM
NO i don't think jennings will ever be #2 in the packers offense

Ahem.

PackerPro42
09-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Once again, all you do is look for stuff to call me on.

BallHawk
09-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Not picking on you, just bringing up a point you said would never happen, and that did happen.

PackerPro42
09-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Alright, I saw this on T.V. before the draft and I think when you see it you'll know why I was kind of angry the Packers let him slip through their fingers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sktpjvtz9iQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgnHM0SRqr0

I think even you can respect that.

BallHawk
09-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Well lets see, he doesn't have anybody covering him. He knows where the ball is coming from, it's a machine so it's straight at him, and you don't have the pressure of a real NFL game. Sure he has nice hands.

But no, I cannot respect that

PackerPro42
09-16-2006, 06:08 PM
What ever, when I didn't have any proof that he had good hands you bitched about it. Now that I do have proof it's not good enough for you. I guess there's no pleasing you.

BallHawk
09-16-2006, 06:12 PM
We never said he didn't have good hands, we said he was more of a burner than an actual NFL caliber receiver.

But right now, with Jennings looking very promising and Chad Jackson not taken an NFL snap, do you still think we should of picked Chad?

PackerPro42
09-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Yes.

BallHawk
09-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Explain why.

PackerPro42
09-16-2006, 06:19 PM
And as for the Burner comment, you did not just say that. You said he was afraid to go ovver the middle because he didn't have good hands and you said that Jennings had way better hands than Jackson. Oh, and Jennings didn't look to hot his first game. One catch in the last minutes of the game. Not to mention, it was a short dump route he ran and Chicago was expecting GB to go deep.

BallHawk
09-16-2006, 06:28 PM
How'd Jackson do in his first game?

PackerPro42
09-16-2006, 06:48 PM
He had 50 catches. You didn't hear?

PackerPro42
09-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Jackson was one catch short of having the same stats as Jennings and he didn't even play.

BallHawk
09-16-2006, 06:56 PM
What about in the preseason?

PackerPro42
09-16-2006, 07:00 PM
What about it, those stats don't count.

falco
09-16-2006, 07:01 PM
of course, one game into each players careers is a good time to nominate them for the HOF. :shock:

PackerPro42
09-16-2006, 07:02 PM
No one said anything about the HOF.

BallHawk
09-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Who's looked more impressive so far? Training camp, preseason, regular season in all.

Jennings or Jackson?

PackerPro42
09-16-2006, 07:03 PM
Jackson actually looked really impressive in traing camp.

BallHawk
09-16-2006, 07:09 PM
Jackson actually looked really impressive in traing camp.

You realize he only attended three practices.

PackerPro42
09-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Yes, and when he went the pros were saying he looked awesome.

BallHawk
09-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Could you source that claim, please?

PackerPro42
09-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Yeah just a sec.

b bulldog
09-16-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm sure that Brady wishes he would get his sh!t together so he could have a WR that might scare someone.

Partial
09-16-2006, 09:40 PM
What ever, when I didn't have any proof that he had good hands you bitched about it. Now that I do have proof it's not good enough for you. I guess there's no pleasing you.

Ahmad Carroll reminds me a lot of Chad Jackson, except he is far more of a BAMF

Partial
09-16-2006, 09:41 PM
And as for the Burner comment, you did not just say that. You said he was afraid to go ovver the middle because he didn't have good hands and you said that Jennings had way better hands than Jackson. Oh, and Jennings didn't look to hot his first game. One catch in the last minutes of the game. Not to mention, it was a short dump route he ran and Chicago was expecting GB to go deep.

Considering how the OL looked against that menacing front four I don't hold that against Jennings.

BallHawk
09-17-2006, 07:52 AM
Yeah just a sec.

BallHawk
09-17-2006, 04:10 PM
G. Jennings 6 REC 67 YARDS 1 TD 23 LONG

Dude has bust written all over him.

BallHawk
09-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Good TD catch by CJ.

Bretsky
09-17-2006, 09:24 PM
This argument is a bit humorous; we simply don't know how good Chad Jackson will be yet. Jennings looks like a find; Jackson could be as well. Even up, most publications/surveyed scouts gave Chad Jackson a higher ranking going into the draft.

the_idle_threat
09-18-2006, 01:56 AM
Jackson became the trendy pick after he ran his 40 time at the combine, but before that he was considered a third-round pick. Jennings was rated ahead of him.

Count me among the "Chad Jackson-is-better" skeptics, as I don't believe a surprising 40 time makes a receiver that much better. And why were people so surprised? Because he wasn't known to play that fast.

All that being said, the Grail Champ is right ... both have enough talent to become good WRs. But who knows which will have the better overall career at this early stage of the game?