PDA

View Full Version : Would Brett Get Boo'd?

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 11:32 AM
If Brett somehow ends up starting for the Packers in the home opener, do you think he'd get boo'd?

GoPackGo
07-13-2008, 11:35 AM
I think most fans still prefer Favre, So I would say that he wouldn't get booed

vince
07-13-2008, 11:43 AM
I think he'd get a smattering from some for how he's handled this offseason. The repeated character assassination campaign aimed at Thompson from Favre's family, friends and agent has been nothing short of ridiculous. The fact that they have spoken out multiple times indicates that it was an orchestrated attempt to sway/keep fan perception on his side.

Bretsky
07-13-2008, 11:44 AM
I think most fans realize our chances to win now are better with Favre and would welcome him back in the end with little to no boos.

texaspackerbacker
07-13-2008, 11:48 AM
I don't think he starts--barring injury to Rodgers, but not enough to vote "no way in hell ....".

I don't think Thompson, McCarthy, the solid majority of the players, or the majority of fans want him to start--but not enough to boo him, not even a smattering--after all he has done for the Packers in the past.

I, and I think a solid majority of fans would indeed boo him if he showed up in another uniform--unless we made a steal of a trade for him--1st rounder or 2nd at lowest.

Bretsky
07-13-2008, 11:53 AM
I don't think he starts--barring injury to Rodgers, but not enough to vote "no way in hell ....".

I don't think Thompson, McCarthy, the solid majority of the players, or the majority of fans want him to start--but not enough to boo him, not even a smattering--after all he has done for the Packers in the past.

I, and I think a solid majority of fans would indeed boo him if he showed up in another uniform--unless we made a steal of a trade for him--1st rounder or 2nd at lowest.

I don't get this logic

I have no problem with a trade
I'm alright with an outright release

I would not boo him if he were in another uniform

But right now Brett Favre gives us the best chance to win; if he's in Green Bay he starts IMO. He came off a near MVP season and his second best in the last ten years.

packers11
07-13-2008, 11:58 AM
this is the dumbest thing i've ever seen. Why would anyone boo the person who basically put GB back on the map and made it attractive. Brought a Super Bowl to GB and gave the fans so many memories.

I would never expect this out of GB fans, and if it did happen I would be in total shock...

The only scumbags i've ever seen BOO there own superstar was Boston booing David Ortiz when he was in a slump earlier this season at Fenway...

woodbuck27
07-13-2008, 12:06 PM
this is the dumbest thing i've ever seen. Why would anyone boo the person who basically put GB back on the map and made it attractive. Brought a Super Bowl to GB and gave the fans so many memories.

I would never expect this out of GB fans, and if it did happen I would be in total shock...

The only scumbags i've ever seen BOO there own superstar was Boston booing David Ortiz when he was in a slump earlier this season at Fenway...

A heads up.

There's a chorus of boo's coming from this very forum.

texaspackerbacker
07-13-2008, 12:10 PM

I don't get this logic

I have no problem with a trade
I'm alright with an outright release

I would not boo him if he were in another uniform

But right now Brett Favre gives us the best chance to win; if he's in Green Bay he starts IMO. He came off a near MVP season and his second best in the last ten years.

I don't think he does; Apparently Thompson/McCarthy don't think so either; I suspect most of the Packer players don't think so either.

And I would have a MAJOR problem with an outright release or a trade where we get very little. The Packers hold the cards. They don't have to do this. They can afford to just pay him and keep him as a second stringer/insurance policy or put him on some sort of inactive status.

packers11
07-13-2008, 12:11 PM

A heads up.

There's a chorus of boo's coming from this very forum.

I understand people might bag on him on the forum... But any fan in their right mind... IF/WHEN #4 comes out of tunnel... He should NEVER be BOOED...

Yes lets BOO someone who gave it all for the fans and the team for 17 years. Maybe that will finally show him what a bad person he is! :roll: :bs:

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Nobody likes a prima donna - especially in WI. I guess I wouldn't be that surprised if it happened.

cpk1994
07-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Nobody likes a prima donna - especially in WI. I guess I wouldn't be that surprised if it happened.Exactly. ALl his accomplishments don't give him a free pass for acting like a prima donna and waging a character assassination campaign against the Packer brass. Spare me the 17 years, he should never be booed garbage. I will boo him as much as I damn well please.