PDA

View Full Version : Better Outcome

HarveyWallbangers
07-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Which would you prefer?

packers11
07-13-2008, 12:17 PM
stay retired or come back and start for the GBP week 1...

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 12:17 PM
I hate the idea of Brett in another uniform. But I like the 3rd. So I'll take the 3rd. And plead the 5th.

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 12:22 PM
It's an easy drive to Baltimore from here...

HarveyWallbangers
07-13-2008, 12:24 PM

Which would you prefer, given just these two choices?

GoPackGo
07-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Why only those 2 choices? Neither one seem likely

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 12:35 PM

Hey, does Harv complain about your threads?

bobblehead
07-13-2008, 12:36 PM
I hate the idea of Brett in another uniform. But I like the 3rd. So I'll take the 3rd. And plead the 5th.

I second that. And since baltimore has its off day on the first monday night game he can still make the ceremony.

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2008, 12:39 PM

huh? FAvre being trading to AFC team is quite likely, and a third round pick is reasonable guess.

I think this poll is good, because it forces people to choose between the best interests of the team and their own sentimental feelings.

GoPackGo
07-13-2008, 12:40 PM

Hey, does Harv complain about your threads?
No he doesn't. He makes me look silly in fantasy baseball though and thats probably enough for him.

I just wonder why only these 2 choices?
Choice 1-Brett retires
Brett doesn't want to retire. Thats a fact
Choice 2-Brett gets traded to the Ravens
The odds aren't great because there are 30 other teams in the NFL

packers11
07-13-2008, 12:44 PM

Retirement.

texaspackerbacker
07-13-2008, 12:47 PM

On the contrary, these two choices seem right there as 2 of the top 3 possibilities--if you don't get too specific about who a trade would be with or exactly what comes in return.

The other likely possibility is taking Thompson at his word--Favre comes back as a second stringer behind Rodgers.

Even with that, though, I'd vote that he should stay retired.

GoPackGo
07-13-2008, 12:49 PM
I still think he's going to show up for training camp and beat out Arod for the starting gig

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2008, 12:53 PM
I still think he's going to show up for training camp and beat out Arod for the starting gig

There isn't going to be a QB competition. McCarthy knows in his head which of these two he wants to go into the season with, and any differences in practice performance are unlikely to change his view.

GoPackGo
07-13-2008, 12:58 PM

There isn't going to be a QB competition.

If Brett wants to compete for the starting gig the Packers still owe him that. Brett has unparralleled leadership and experience and that can't be ignored

GBRulz
07-13-2008, 12:58 PM
I don't want to see him in another uniform.

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2008, 01:00 PM
I don't want to see him in another uniform.

would you be willing to cost the team a draft pick to spare your feeelings?

HarveyWallbangers
07-13-2008, 01:11 PM
it forces people to choose between the best interests of the team and their own sentimental feelings.

That's what I was going for.
:D

pbmax
07-13-2008, 01:38 PM
I'll allow myself and other fans the luxury of wishing him to retire versus the third rounder. But I have seen enough football that it will not cause much discomfort to see him move on.

Bretsky
07-13-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm fine with seeing Favre play for a AFC or NFC team if he wants to play

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2008, 11:32 PM
I don't know why people would mind seeing Favre play for Baltimore or Carolina. What the hell, it would be interesting to watch. You couldn't help but want to see his games. People in WI would be getting NFL Package just so they can follow him!

I understand the sentimental reason of only wanting to see him in Green and Gold. But he will still be a Packer in the long scheme of things. Do you think the Chicago fans think any differently of Michael Jordon because he played a couple seasons with the Wizards? Hell no.

The Leaper
07-14-2008, 07:56 AM
As long as he doesn't play for an NFC team, if we can trade him for something of value (such as a 1st round pick) I'd be all for it.

However, it is highly unlikely that we could get anything of value for him.

Redbelly
07-14-2008, 11:17 AM
The Leaper wrote:

"However, it is highly unlikely that we could get anything of value for him"

John Hadle - it could happen again :wink:

MJZiggy
07-14-2008, 08:41 PM
The game could get very interesting if no teams come a-calling...

Chevelle2
07-14-2008, 08:41 PM
The game could get very interesting if no teams come a-calling...

I was thinking that the other day. What if teams call our bluff?

Gunakor
07-14-2008, 08:56 PM
QB competition in training camp???

Bretsky
07-14-2008, 09:01 PM

AROD wins out

Then reaks up the first game and loses to the Vikes

The uproar Begins

Gunakor
07-14-2008, 09:03 PM

AROD wins out

The uproar Begins

No love for Rodgers...

Could it be just as possible that A-Rod wins out and tears the Queens defense to bits en route to his first NFL victory?

Bretsky
07-14-2008, 09:03 PM

AROD wins out

The uproar Begins

No love for Rodgers...

Could it be just as possible that A-Rod wins out and tears the Queens defense to bits en route to his first NFL victory?

Anything is possible; after all Randy Wright started in the NFL

woodbuck27
07-14-2008, 09:07 PM

Ditto 'of course' but that appears dim. The one real plus is for all REAL Favre supporting fans to cry out as loud as possible for his return and position as our starter or for a real opportunity to win the starting job in TC.

I want Favre back.

I'm really bother'd by the fact we have so much CAP money and TT or anyone else trying to explain that away, in light of was Favre definitely retired or not?

woodbuck27
07-14-2008, 09:11 PM
I don't know why people would mind seeing Favre play for Baltimore or Carolina. What the hell, it would be interesting to watch. You couldn't help but want to see his games. People in WI would be getting NFL Package just so they can follow him!

I understand the sentimental reason of only wanting to see him in Green and Gold. But he will still be a Packer in the long scheme of things. Do you think the Chicago fans think any differently of Michael Jordon because he played a couple seasons with the Wizards? Hell no.

It doesn't matter what the Packer fans think about Favre playing anywhere else. Brett Favre, if he wants to continue playing. will and should play for the team that wants him. It's his life folks.

Gunakor
07-14-2008, 09:15 PM

Ditto 'of course' but that appears dim. The one real plus is for all REAL Favre supporting fans to cry out as loud as possible for his return and position as our starter or for a real opportunity to win the starting job in TC.

I want Favre back.

I'm really bother'd by the fact we have so much CAP money and TT or anyone else trying to explain that away, in light of was Favre definitely retired or not?

Yes, Favre is retired. He is on the reserve/retired list pending his official request to be reinstated. I'm sure TT kept enough room under the cap just in case he had to deal with this. Favre hasn't been very decisive on this matter in several years.