PDA

View Full Version : What I want to know...

Bossman641
07-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Who is calling the shots from Favre camp? Favre? Bus? I'd have to guess Bus.

Their strategy was working early, having Favre's family and all those around him take cheapshots at TT. But now Favre looks like a little baby not saying anything for himself. Maybe some were disappointed with the Packer organization's response when the news first came out, but at least they seemed to have a plan: get things settled, lay things out, detail how they had been open to Favre returning once previously, and let the fans decide.

All the Favre camp has done is talk about feelings. Did Favre FEEL left out because they welcomed him back once and then backed off when he backed out of it 2 days before he was going to return? WTF were they supposed to do, beat down his door every day? They did what I would expect an organization to do: give Favre time, tell him to think it over, welcome him back once, and then leave him alone. Is that what this is really about, Favre not feeling loved cause the organization left him alone after he retired and then backed out of returning?

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2008, 01:03 PM
having Favre's family and all those around him take cheapshots at TT

They weren't just cheap shots, they were flat-out lies and distortions.

Only response from Brett: "It's all just rumor."

I will cut BF camp some slack and guess none of this was orchestrated.

Bossman641
07-13-2008, 01:10 PM

Well then what is going on? It certainly seems orchestrated, if not by Brett then by Bus. Why else would they be saying the things they did, but to get fan support?

Which begs the question: Was Favre hoping to get released all along? And he wanted to get fan support so he could go to another team and put it all on TT? Did they (Favre camp) not think the Packers would respond eventually?

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Well then what is going on? It certainly seems orchestrated, if not by Brett then by Bus. Why else would they be saying the things they did, but to get fan support?

Oh, I'm sure that they are attempting to get fan support, as you say. But they probably are seeing things from their own individual emotional biases.

I am shocked at how many people are buying into the crap that TT somehow done him wrong. Ridiculous. What would Favre have to do before people recognized he was acting unreasonably? Set an effigy of Vince Lombardi on fire?

Favre flip-flopped three times, convienently sat-out all the preseason workouts while the Packers groomed the offense for Rodgers. Now Favre has the hutzpah to demand an unconditional release??!! And he blames TT!?

Yet some fans can't see through this - insane.

vince
07-13-2008, 01:30 PM

Oh, I'm sure that they are attempting to get fan support, as you say. But they probably are seeing things from their own individual emotional biases.

I am shocked at how many people are buying into the crap that TT somehow done him wrong. Ridiculous. What would Favre have to do before people recognized he was acting unreasonably? Set an effigy of Vince Lombardi on fire?

Favre flip-flopped three times, convienently sat-out all the preseason workouts while the Packers groomed the offense for Rodgers. Now Favre has the hutzpah to demand an unconditional release??!! And he blames TT!?

It's amazing how powerful the ego's ability can be to ignore facts and perspectives contrary to preconceived opinions and notions of truth.

RashanGary
07-13-2008, 01:33 PM
I theorize that once your IQ gets below 70 you just start believing what you want to believe. It's all you can really do.

vince
07-13-2008, 01:36 PM

I gave him the benefit of the doubt too until it happened repeatedly by the same friends and family members. If it happens once, it's understandable. But Brett then has the obligation to nip it in the bud - which didn't happen.

vince
07-13-2008, 02:56 PM
The fact that Brett dismissed the initial stories as "rumors" when there was clearly truth to them also demonstrates his willingness to lie and/or distort the truth in an attempt to manipulate the press and fan opinion.

Bossman641
07-13-2008, 03:36 PM

Agreed. I don't know if anybody here has seen the comments over on Packersnews.com but probably 70% of them are fully behind Favre and see TT as the devil. There are people talking about Favre being bigger than the Packers, and fully meaning it.

Rastak
07-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Speaking of which, where is Packinpatland?

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 03:38 PM
New England. :mrgreen:

Rastak
07-13-2008, 03:39 PM
New England. :mrgreen:

Hands over ears going "LALALALALA" real loud I'm guessing..... :lol: