PDA

View Full Version : Favre: Comitted Enough for 2008?

pbmax
07-13-2008, 01:57 PM
This has been driving me crazy since the leaks started. Several on the board and elsewhere believe Favre is the obvious choice for 2008, given a choice between Rodgers and Favre.

I have stated several times that Favre seems to me to be less committed now than he has ever been. He has missed offseason conditioning, he missed OTAs, he missed QB camp, and he missed minicamp. In its place, he is practicing with a High School football team.

He has clearly done many of these things in the past and had good years and last year's very good one. But Favre has also struggled in the playoffs, seemed to struggle in the second half of the season and clearly is not the same quarterback in bitter cold and wind that he used to be.

I'm ready to vote for Rodgers over Favre right now, even if you put all the offseason distractions and retirement aside. What about you?

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 02:02 PM
I voted for Favre because he's a known commodity. That, and I just watched the tape of the Seattle playoff game.

GoPackGo
07-13-2008, 02:04 PM
You must believe that Rodgers will beat these stats from 2007
4155 yards
28 TD's
15 INT's
QB rating 95.7
13-3 record

I don't think Rodgers can beat those stats and I think Brett could do it again. Therefore I think Brett should come back in 2 weeks to beat Rodgers for the starting spot. I like Rodgers, but unless he can beat Favre in a camp battle, he should keep waiting

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 02:05 PM
I have hinted at this before but now I'll say it flat-out. Favre had a great year last year, but a 38-year old athlete cannot let his conditioning go all offseason and expect to pick it up and play at the same level, especially with reduced reps. He busted his ass last year just to maintain, and now he has to rebuild core muscles that have atrophied since the end of last year as this is what happens to muscles that get older. Add to that the fact that last year was an anomaly compared to the years before it and what you have is an aging qb who had an exceptionally good year last year even for him. People act like because he's Brett Favre, there's no way he can lose because he won last year, but he did manage to lose some games in the years prior to last. He had to think long and hard about if he even wanted to do this and still seemingly can't manage a statement much less a 100% commitment.

Contrast that with A-Rod's statements about can't wait to get here to start working on 2-a-days...

GoPackGo
07-13-2008, 02:09 PM
I have hinted at this before but now I'll say it flat-out. Favre had a great year last year, but a 38-year old athlete cannot let his conditioning go all offseason and expect to pick it up and play at the same level, especially with reduced reps. He busted his ass last year just to maintain, and now he has to rebuild core muscles that have atrophied since the end of last year as this is what happens to muscles that get older. Add to that the fact that last year was an anomaly compared to the years before it and what you have is an aging qb who had an exceptionally good year last year even for him. People act like because he's Brett Favre, there's no way he can lose because he won last year, but he did manage to lose some games in the years prior to last. He had to think long and hard about if he even wanted to do this and still seemingly can't manage a statement much less a 100% commitment.

Contrast that with A-Rod's statements about can't wait to get here to start working on 2-a-days...

Thats speculation. We don't know how much he's been working out. You forgot to mention that the recieving core played brilliantly last year and is poised to do it again.

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 02:10 PM
I doubted Brett on the field just one other time. I thought he should have taken the week off when Big Irv died. I won't bet against him on the field ever again.

Though I can see where he might have become such a complete pain in the ass that his talent just isn't worth it anymore.

GoPackGo
07-13-2008, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_6LcGbHxR8

Is Rodgers going to make that throw? We know Brett will

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 02:14 PM

Thats speculation. We don't know how much he's been working out. You forgot to mention that the recieving core played brilliantly last year and is poised to do it again.

He hasn't been working out with a professional football team like the rest of the team has. And the receiving corps will play brilliantly for either quarterback. The fact that Favre is a known quantity does not ensure that he will always be better.

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 02:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_6LcGbHxR8

Is Rodgers going to make that throw? We know Brett will

Forget everything I've said the last 2 weeks. PLEASE COME BACK BRETT!!!!!

Was Kornheiser prophetic or what?

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Now that my convulsions have subsided, I remember some equally catastrophic throws. But GAWD, that one was pretty.

GoPackGo
07-13-2008, 02:21 PM
that was 9 months ago. People forget quickly don't they?

Brando19
07-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Favre forever.

PackerBlues
07-13-2008, 03:18 PM
I don't understand why people think that things have changed all that much since the end of last season. Roger's still has not started a game, and Favre still has not missed a start. Why would that have to change now? :roll:

woodbuck27
07-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Aaron Rodgers @ ZERO Starts Vs Brett Favre @ 275 Consecutive starts and coming off a 13-3 Record and 4000 + yards and 28 TD's and . . . and . . . and. . . more plus's.

Easy selection there. It's spell'd... FAVRE.

Core muscle questions and conditioning and Brett Favre and his competitive spirit and all his experience dealing with the pocket and defensive allignments Vs a young QB with almost zero experience, that gets hurt falling off a players bench.

An easy choice as to who WILL be our starting QB. Noone better say it was difficult to let him go and do so and not expect to loose his hide.

FAVRE is OUR QB. :D

Lurker64
07-13-2008, 03:25 PM

Brett Favre is formally retired and is therefore nobody's QB

If he decides to unretire, well we'll see how good he looks in training camp. I have concerns about him not working out as much this offseason as previous offseasons, which might hurt his performance on the field. Still, the only way we're going to know whether he's still the same Brett as last year is if he shows up at camp, at which point we'll see how good he looks.

Maybe he's been working out all offseason, maybe he's been sitting on the couch seeing how many twinkies he can eat. I don't know, I'm not kept in the loop on what Favre does on a daily basis. But these questions can be answered if he shows up to camp, which is his only option other than "stay retired."

woodbuck27
07-13-2008, 03:26 PM
After 15 votes this forum sits 8 -7 in support of Brett Favre.

Wow that's appreciation? NO that SUCKS.

woodbuck27
07-13-2008, 03:28 PM

Brett Favre is formally retired and is therefore nobody's QB

If he decides to unretire, well we'll see how good he looks in training camp. I have concerns about him not working out as much this offseason as previous offseasons, which might hurt his performance on the field. Still, the only way we're going to know whether he's still the same Brett as last year is if he shows up at camp, at which point we'll see how good he looks.

Maybe he's been working out all offseason, maybe he's been sitting on the couch seeing how many twinkies he can eat. I don't know, I'm not kept in the loop on what Favre does on a daily basis. But these questions can be answered if he shows up to camp, which is his only option other than "stay retired."

The question is:

Is Brett Favre Committed Enough To Start Over Rodgers?

Yes, even missing the time he has and at McCarthy's 85%, he is the better option 53% [ 8 ]

No, Rodgers clearly now has on edge in preparation, dedication and desire 46% [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 15

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Is the question "is he good enough" or "is he committed enough?" Two very different questions with very different answers.

Lurker64
07-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Considering the waffling of Favre this offseason, I can't for the life of me see how Rodgers doesn't have the edge in "edge in preparation, dedication and desire" whether or not Favre is the better quarterback for this season.

Rodgers has been working his butt off this season for this and has spent three years salivating over this chance. Favre has an itch. Rodgers, though likely not the better QB, is hungrier.

PackerBlues
07-13-2008, 03:35 PM

I don't know about that Woody, I wouldn't blame Thompson if he wants to start Rogers. My only problem will be on how Favre is handled. Worse case scenario, I want to see him traded to a team that he is happy with and willing to play for. If Favre wants to play, let him finish his career somewhere else if that is his only option.

But if Thompson has it in his head that he is going to either bench Favre (not likely imo), or trade him off to a shit team that offers more in compensation than a team that Brett wants to go to (outside the division of coarse), then that is the only problem that will make this situation worse than it really needs to be.

Partial
07-13-2008, 03:55 PM

He hasn't been working out with a professional football team like the rest of the team has. And the receiving corps will play brilliantly for either quarterback. The fact that Favre is a known quantity does not ensure that he will always be better.

Nonsense. He never does and has always been fine. Rodgers has spent most of his off-season in Cali kickin it. Not spending it in GB working with his teammates daily as Harell would want you to believe.

Badgepack
07-13-2008, 03:56 PM
But if Thompson has it in his head that he is going to either bench Favre

Wouldn't M3 make that decision, not Ted?

pbmax
07-13-2008, 04:44 PM
As may have been said already, I am mostly doubtful that Favre will beat these stats. That is why I am worried. I know the Rodgers will need time to grow into the role. But I can't measure what Favre has left. His slipping preparation makes me more concerned.

4155 yards
28 TD's
15 INT's
QB rating 95.7
13-3 record

I don't think Rodgers can beat those stats and I think Brett could do it again. Therefore I think Brett should come back in 2 weeks to beat Rodgers for the starting spot. I like Rodgers, but unless he can beat Favre in a camp battle, he should keep waiting

GoPackGo
07-13-2008, 04:49 PM
As may have been said already, I am mostly doubtful that Favre will beat these stats. That is why I am worried. I know the Rodgers will need time to grow into the role. But I can't measure what Favre has left. His slipping preparation makes me more concerned.

4155 yards
28 TD's
15 INT's
QB rating 95.7
13-3 record

He was playing football 6 months ago in the playoffs. Why assume he wouldn't be ready by September?

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Because that playoff run took massive amounts of work, dedication and training with the team that he's not up to speed with now. High schoolers do not equate a pro football team with professional coaching. He's also at a very advanced age for quarterbacks and missing work becomes more of an issue.

pbmax
07-13-2008, 04:52 PM
This is nonsense. Rodgers was in Green Bay for everything. And he has been working out with NFL teammates in California for part of his off time. Favre has participated in zilch with the team.

There is no way to compare the two offseasons.

Nonsense. He never does and has always been fine. Rodgers has spent most of his off-season in Cali kickin it. Not spending it in GB working with his teammates daily as Harell would want you to believe.

pbmax
07-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Because he looked like a different QB at the end of the season and played mediocre in that final game. That is why. Favre isn't suddenly forget how to throw the football or read a defense. He simply won't be able to do whathe has done in the past.

Its your guess he will. I think the odds he slips are better. There is no way to be sure. But for the next five years, I like the odds of Rodgers/Brohm over Favre (1-3years)/Brohm.

He was playing football 6 months ago in the playoffs. Why assume he wouldn't be ready by September?

woodbuck27
07-13-2008, 04:59 PM

I don't know about that Woody, I wouldn't blame Thompson if he wants to start Rogers. My only problem will be on how Favre is handled. Worse case scenario, I want to see him traded to a team that he is happy with and willing to play for. If Favre wants to play, let him finish his career somewhere else if that is his only option.

But if Thompson has it in his head that he is going to either bench Favre (not likely imo), or trade him off to a shit team that offers more in compensation than a team that Brett wants to go to (outside the division of coarse), then that is the only problem that will make this situation worse than it really needs to be.

The really simple thing here is for management to go with what they had already decided. Show some class and make it very clear that the decision was firm to move on without Brett Favre and give him his outright release and a thanks Brett it's been great.

This should be done before TC's open to be fair all around. For the life of me I can't see why this isn't a 'no brainer' for more people here. It's neat and clean. Favre then makes his best deal .

They want him or they don't and no way on earth will I support handcuffing the man against choosing his best path or any lolly dolly games on managements part going forward. To use Ted Thompsons now familiar phrase.

I still believe that smarter heads will prevail and Favre will be released and very soon 'in fact'.

That is the best and only classy decision that packer management can and will make. You heard it here first. Mark it on the wall. Favre will be released and it had better not be once TC begins or that will be interpreted by all Brett Favre supporters as a BS dirty ass'd move by Ted Thompson. He won't go anywhere near there with the focus clearly on him.

PLEASE TED. Get this one right. Fingers crossed. :idea:

Rastak
07-13-2008, 05:04 PM

The really simple thing here is for management to go with what they had already decided. Show some class and make it very clear that the decision was firm to move on without Brett Favre and give him his outright release and a thanks Brett it's been great.

this should be done before TC's open to be fair all around. For the life of me I can't see why this isn't a 'no brainer' for more people here. It's neat and clean.

Favre then makes his best deal .

They want him or they don't and no way on earth will i support handcuffing the man against choosing his best path.

I still believe that smarter heads will prevail and Favre will be released and very soon 'in fact'.

favre

I understand the sentiment Woody but I just can't for the life of me see them do that. It seems fairly clear they don't really want him but they aren't going to give him away, despite the appearance of unfairness.

He signed a deal to play for Green Bay, if he wants to come back and draw a 12mil paycheck he's gotta do it there unless the Packers say otherwise.

Sentiment and loyalty do have a place in the NFL, but it's always had its limits.

pbmax
07-13-2008, 05:04 PM
No, the simplest thing would be to welcome Favre back. While everyone is tired of the Hamlet routine, most people outside this board and the poll believe Favre gives them the best chance. That is the path of least resistance publicly.

I do agree with you however, that moving him is the best route if they want Rodgers this year. I don't see the backup thing working. But it should be a trade, not a release.

The really simple thing here is for management to go with what they had already decided.

MJZiggy
07-13-2008, 05:05 PM
You really want Brett to wind up in Minny and make a run at taking the division from us, don't you? That is precisely why they don't release him. If he doesn't want to play for the Packers, then he will be agreeable and cooperative to a trade that allows the team to keep him out of our division and put Brett in a position to go to another team and let the Packers be compensated for him. That's why.,

digitaldean
07-13-2008, 05:10 PM
If TT did release Favre, I WOULD call for him to be canned.

That would rank right up with the Herschel Walker trade the Vikes pulled.

Trade Brett? Yes, that I could see happening. But that's a 50-50 proposition.

Even LeRoy Butler in an interview said that if he was TT, he'd trade Brett.

GoPackGo
07-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Because he looked like a different QB at the end of the season and played mediocre in that final game. That is why. Favre isn't suddenly forget how to throw the football or read a defense. He simply won't be able to do whathe has done in the past.

Its your guess he will. I think the odds he slips are better. There is no way to be sure. But for the next five years, I like the odds of Rodgers/Brohm over Favre (1-3years)/Brohm.

Thinking about the future is great and all, but what about building on last season? Replacing the QB now would most likely be a step back this year in hopes of multiple steps forward in the coming years. Last year the Pack were 1 step from the superbowl. I don't think now would be a smart time to take a step back when the Superbowl is this close.

woodbuck27
07-13-2008, 05:25 PM

this should be done before TC's open to be fair all around. For the life of me I can't see why this isn't a 'no brainer' for more people here. It's neat and clean.

Favre then makes his best deal .

They want him or they don't and no way on earth will i support handcuffing the man against choosing his best path.

favre

I understand the sentiment Woody but I just can't for the life of me see them do that. It seems fairly clear they don't really want him but they aren't going to give him away, despite the appearance of unfairness.

He signed a deal to play for Green Bay, if he wants to come back and draw a 12mil paycheck he's gotta do it there unless the Packers say otherwise.

Sentiment and loyalty do have a place in the NFL, but it's always had its limits.

Rastak:

I live in my world Man. That world is lonely and also beautiful. It's defined by fairnesss and integrity and the path of least resistance. It's defined by standing by your words and actions and not waffling. It's a world of courage and right thinking to make way for the better good overall.

Before it gets worse for Brett Favre I want him to first retire and that still seems like the Packer management focus at this point.

As a second option I'm a Favre supporter and 'a Packer fan' and quite simply I want him to start again for us. Yet deep down I feel that will just resume the charade I've witnessed here since TT arrived. I have zero doubts that TT was brought in to hasten Favre from the starting position as our QB. I have little doubt that it's not TT that's pulling the strings in this latest Favre story and that he hasn't been in clear control since he arrived.

Ted Thompson is simply damn well doing what his boss tells him to. I actually have sympathy for Ted Thompson as his position is too obvious. If anyone believes otherwise then I'll inform you that most people have a boss.

So it falls on the Packer Organization and it's distinguished history and acclaim to get this done right. Favre for a draft pick. Too sick. Trade and unwanted Brett Favre after the season he gave us in 2007. Really sick.

Just keep it simple... RELEASE BRETT FAVRE already.

Lurker64
07-13-2008, 05:25 PM

Agreed 100%. If Thompson releases Favre, he should be fired immediately.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-13-2008, 05:38 PM

Agreed. Said so from the very beginning.

The Packers are a BUSINESS. Any business that would just give away one of their assets for nothing in return should be taken to the woodshed by their owners..the shareholders.

The packers have a responsibility as a business to get the most they can for their assets...be it Favre or selling a building/equipment/etc.

woodbuck27
07-13-2008, 05:41 PM

So you support Favre as our starting QB in 2008. Good too. :D

Trouble is.. TROUBLE.

RashanGary
07-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Though I can see where he might have become such a complete pain in the ass that his talent just isn't worth it anymore.

I questioned Brett after the 2005 season when he seemed like he didn't give a shit. Other than that, I've always believed in his football ablity. I'd still think he's the better bet to be a better player than Rodgers but it has come to the point where I don't think the pain in the ass is worth it any more. I voted Rodgers because I don't think Favre deserves to be on this hard working, dedicated football team.

Lurker64
07-13-2008, 06:08 PM

So you support Favre as our starting QB in 2008. Good too. :D ]

Well, I want (and I expect) Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson to do whatever helps the Packers the most. "Playing Favre", "Sitting Favre on the Bench as a back-up", and "trading Favre" are all choices that would help the Packers (some more than others).

"Releasing Favre unconditionally" is something that does not help the Packers, and it would sheer incompetence if they did it. That's the only decision here that the Packers can make which is unequivocally wrong.

Bretsky
07-13-2008, 06:15 PM
4155 yards
28 TD's
15 INT's
QB rating 95.7
13-3 record

HARD TO DEBATE FACTS

I WONDER WHERE 85% COMES FROM ? BF HAS MISSED LIMITED TIME AND IMO IT'S REASONABLE TO THINK HE'LL GIVE MM 100%

PUT EMOTIONS ASIDE AND LOOK AT EVIDENCE

THIS IS EASY

Bretsky
07-13-2008, 06:17 PM
that was 9 months ago. People forget quickly don't they?

He's too old to make that throw now :lol:

Bretsky
07-13-2008, 06:23 PM

too general

he didn't look different vs. Seattle
he was ok in the 1st three quarters vs NY and terrible in qtr 4 and OT

His play can falloff 90% and he remains the best alternative in 08

RashanGary
07-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Not too many are arguing that he's not a good player, Bretsky. AS a player I still think he can be a top 5 QB.

Rodgers is a pretty gifted guy too so there is no saying he can't be a probowler (Tony Romo style).

If it was only football I'd still take Brett too. But there is more than that.

I think you have to set a standard for participation and being a part of the team. Favre was just a cancer in that regard. Maybe he didn't need it, but if my teammates were working I'd be there no matter what. I think that is what good teammates do. Rodgers earned his shot by doing everything right. Favre lost it by doing everything wrong.

pbmax
07-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Past results never guarantee future returns. Its a guess what Favre will do this year compared to last.

The 85% is what McCarthy said to Favre about reducing his time commitment during the season compared to last year. McCarthy was of the mind that it could be reduced and Favre still be effective. This was a conversation after Favre said he was leaning to retiring but hadn't announced it yet.

HARD TO DEBATE FACTS

I WONDER WHERE 85% COMES FROM ? BF HAS MISSED LIMITED TIME AND IMO IT'S REASONABLE TO THINK HE'LL GIVE MM 100%

THIS IS EASY

pbmax
07-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Woodie, please give me the name of the person/people who brought Thompson in to remove Favre. Harlan? The Exec committee?

And why? From a strictly bottom line standpoint for the coming year, don't the Packers stand to lose revenue if he retires?

Yet deep down I feel that will just resume the charade I've witnessed here since TT arrived. I have zero doubts that TT was brought in to hasten Favre from the starting position as our QB. I have little doubt that it's not TT that's pulling the strings in this latest Favre story and that he hasn't been in clear control since he arrived.

Ted Thompson is simply damn well doing what his boss tells him to. I actually have sympathy for Ted Thompson as his position is too obvious. If anyone believes otherwise then I'll inform you that most people have a boss.

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 06:50 PM
I live in my world Man. That world is lonely and also beautiful.

Pluto?

mission
07-13-2008, 06:55 PM
didnt favre already say he didnt have what it takes to complete a full season and he would cheat his team mates?

helllo?

retirement press conference... im only going to battle with someone willing to put on the line what im willing to put on the line. not shrivel up if it gets cold outside.

Bretsky
07-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Past results never guarantee future returns. Its a guess what Favre will do this year compared to last.

HARD TO DEBATE FACTS

THIS IS EASY

There are no guarantees with Favre or AROD; there is evidence. I can see people not wanting Favre due to perceived chemistry or his waffling. Or because they just detest him right now........which to me is the emotion driving any debate we are having.

But I can't see being able to ignore past results and more importantly ignore the results of last year with improving receivers and a young OL...all of which returns this year.

To me you seem to be trying to talk yourself into believing that on the field alone, Green Bay will have a better chance for success with AROD than Favre. I just can't consider supporting that point.

It will be interesting going forward. Nothing will surprise me and to be honest nothing can really be judged for a while.

Bretsky
07-13-2008, 06:57 PM
didnt favre already say he didnt have what it takes to complete a full season and he would cheat his team mates?

helllo?

retirement press conference... im only going to battle with someone willing to put on the line what im willing to put on the line. not shrivel up if it gets cold outside.

Yes, and people never change their mind and come back being more than successful despite temporarily losing the buring desire to succeed.

Ask Michael Jordan

pbmax
07-13-2008, 07:16 PM
You know me too well. After reading that Favre had a 70 something QB rating in the second half of last year, I went to post in here, but while I was looking for the data I found a game by game breakdown of his rating. he had the disaster at Dallas, a mediocre rating vs the Rams and the Bears fiasco and the other games were all over 100.

If you include the playoffs he was lights out with good assistance from Grant vs Seattle (137) and less than stellar vs the Giants (70).

That isn't a quarterback stat that screams immediate decline. But it does remind me of every other game where he has struggled this decade. Forced to rely on himself late in the season you get catastrophe.

Is Rodgers high end going to be the same? Probably not, certainly not early. But I think those games indicate that Favre is on a decline. And his lack of participation (natural for an older player not want to do the repetitive stuff) to me, means that the decline is not going to slow down.

And his retirement announcement seemed to indicate exactly that, that his will to do all the extraneous stuff that prepares you for Sunday was not the same. And he is old enough now where it affects him.

To me you seem to be trying to talk yourself into believing that on the field alone, Green Bay will have a better chance for success with AROD than Favre.

RashanGary
07-13-2008, 07:21 PM
This is something interesting from Thompson

"I wish it wasn't that way, and something this sensitive and this passionate, I can understand it," Thompson said. "I think if everybody knew what I knew and everybody knew what Brett knew, there'd probably be less people mad at either one of us.

"He's had some change of heart in terms of being 100 percent committed to playing. That's his prerogative to change his mind. With me, we're just dealing with what we're faced with, and it's an iconic player that's probably unmatched in sports today."

pbmax
07-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Jordan was 30, turning 31 during the season when he came back and was successful in winning 3 more championships. His also had completely retooled his game. During his down time he played ball with other pros and the best college players.

He also took up another professional sport.

Favre has been playing catch with high schoolers.

Yes, and people never change their mind and come back being more than successful despite temporarily losing the buring desire to succeed.

Ask Michael Jordan

RashanGary
07-13-2008, 07:23 PM
WTF, Ted. What do you know and what does he know that is going to clear this whole thing up?

Seriously, they need to just air it out. Favre is a legend in Green Bay and I'd hate to see it get to a point where he doesn't want to come back. Just air everything out so us fans can just forgive and move forward with everyone feeling comfortable with the whole thing.

mission
07-13-2008, 07:31 PM

helllo?

Ask Michael Jordan

honestly, i cant recall quotes in mj's first retirement speech but having a DESIRE to play and changing your mind about something is a lot different than previously admitting that he actually DOESNT have it in him to give 100% the whole season. this isn't the NBA where five guys kinda jog up the court and take a jump shot or call for isolation... this is the NFL.

it's obvious that's true. football is a 100% game. now if you're a punter or a long snapper or something, not so much... but leading a group of young men with practicing habits that a HOFer of favre's age most definitely has, is probably not best for the team.

i dont know about you, but talent and what you did for me in the past don't equate to me winning a super bowl. it equates to working when THAT works. which, with favre, is usually often.

just not as often as i'd prefer.

Partial
07-13-2008, 07:39 PM
How is basketball any different of a 100% game then football? gab.

Scott Campbell
07-13-2008, 07:40 PM
The second time Mike came out of retirement, it just wasn't happening for him. Is this the first or second time for Brett? Are we counting March?

mission
07-13-2008, 08:10 PM
How is basketball any different of a 100% game then football? gab.

:butt:

texaspackerbacker
07-13-2008, 08:12 PM
4155 yards
28 TD's
15 INT's
QB rating 95.7
13-3 record

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he does, but realistically, no, that's not the standard. Rodgers only has to better than the '06 Favre stats. Given the 85% preparation level (I thought it was actually 80%), it is highly unlikely Favre will play like he did last year whether it is for Green Bay or anybody else--likely worse if it is some team that doesn't surround him with talent like the Packers had last year--and still have.