PDA

View Full Version : Young team advantage?

Redbelly
07-14-2008, 10:08 AM
I hope I am not repeating something that's been discussed in another Farve thread - my apologies if that's the case - there's just so much to read through

My question is if you all think it's an advantage to have such a young team in the midst of the turmoil - or apparent turmoil.

Do the youngsters have the same attachment or reliance on Brett that say a vet team would have?

privatepacker
07-14-2008, 10:16 AM
I don't honestly know how the team will react. But if Jolly doesn't play, it will have a huge effect on the won loss record. Not much being mentioned about his absence.

HarveyWallbangers
07-14-2008, 10:30 AM
I think it depends on how ARod handles the situation, and that depends on how McCarthy pushes ARod to handle the situation. If Favre comes back and ARod is open to it, I don't think there will be much dissension. Behind the scenes, I could see them telling Brett to come back, but this is the last year. That way, they'll still have one year to evaluate ARod before he can become an UFA. People have said who cares about ARod because we have Brohm now. Well, to the Packers organization I think ARod is a relatively known commodity. They think he's ready to be a good QB. It's a huge gamble to assume that after next year Brohm will make the same progress as ARod. I also think that Rodgers has more potential--partly because Brohm is a statue while ARod is a good scrambler. Physically, I don't think Rodgers is short on anything.

The Leaper
07-14-2008, 10:41 AM
I don't think it is a major issue at this point. The players are going to concentrate on their own business at this point...regardless of who the "potential" starting QB will be.

The only time is will become an issue is if Favre requests for activation and shows up at camp. At that point, everyone will know that Favre is the best QB on the roster...so how the Packers handle that will make all the difference.

Redbelly
07-14-2008, 10:42 AM
You just hit on another "youngster" issue - M3 -3rd year coaching and you get hit with this. I am on board with your take on ARod - but behind the scenes I guess I am at the point where I think Brett has played his last game as a Packer

MJZiggy
07-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Sounds rather likely Redbelly. And welcome to the forum.