PDA

View Full Version : After sleeping on it for a few days, among other things...

arcilite
07-14-2008, 07:01 PM
I want Favre back. As a starter. He gives us the best chance to win, this team is capable of winning the SB.

Even though I was mad at him for a few days, I thought he was selfish and acting like a 'me first' guy.

And we need to do everything we can to keep Rodgers in GB. For a long time. It is not often you have a prospect like him behind your main guy.

I hope TT can make this happen.

bbbffl66
07-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Wow! A calm, rational opinion from someone here without having to insult or annoy someone that disagrees with your stand. That just won't do! :lol:

Pacopete4
07-14-2008, 07:54 PM
I want Favre back. As a starter. He gives us the best chance to win, this team is capable of winning the SB.

Even though I was mad at him for a few days, I thought he was selfish and acting like a 'me first' guy.

And we need to do everything we can to keep Rodgers in GB. For a long time. It is not often you have a prospect like him behind your main guy.

I hope TT can make this happen.

Agree!

Bretsky
07-14-2008, 07:57 PM
agree

Gunakor
07-14-2008, 08:06 PM
The only scenario that is good for the Packers, good for Favre, and fair to Rodgers is an open competiton. That's the only way I see both QB's on our roster again this year. And that's still a big if, because I don't see Favre welcoming a competiton. He'll want to go somewhere that he'll be annointed starter just for wearing thier uniform.

Pacopete4
07-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Gunkor... you dont think he should be a starting QB in the league? He's top 3 in my book, so ya, he should be a starter just for putting on the uni.. i think everyone forgets how frickin good he is

Freak Out
07-14-2008, 08:23 PM
All I know is if #4 is not starting for the Packers on opening day TT has not done his job.

Pacopete4
07-14-2008, 08:24 PM
All I know is if #4 is not starting for the Packers on opening day TT has not done his job.

Exactly.. you put the best u can on the field no matter the position

Deputy Nutz
07-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Actually, I haven't heard anything out of Brett other than me. I here no talk of wanting to win another Super Bowl with or without the Packers.

Gunakor
07-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Gunkor... you dont think he should be a starting QB in the league? He's top 3 in my book, so ya, he should be a starter just for putting on the uni.. i think everyone forgets how frickin good he is

Paco, Favre is not in the league right now. So no, I don't think he should be a starter. If he comes back he should have to compete for a job same as anyone else. If he's top 5 in the league then he should be able to win the competition anyway. So what's the problem?

Gunakor
07-14-2008, 08:27 PM

Exactly.. you put the best u can on the field no matter the position

Then let Favre and Rodgers compete for the job and see who wins. Whoever wins is the starter. I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is saying Favre is the best simply because it's Favre. Make him prove it against the youngster. For real this time.

Chevelle2
07-14-2008, 08:28 PM
I trust TT and MM on this one. If they think AR is the best QB for this team, then I do too.

There is a reason they aren't beggin Favre to come back...hmmmm....

Chevelle2
07-14-2008, 08:28 PM
The best option at QB for the Packers is Rodgers. Why? Because like TT said "Rodgers. Because he is actually on the fricken roster"

If Favre returns, you have a split locker room.

Would you rather have one last season with Favre to try to make the SB, when history shows he is going to make the ill advised INT

OR

Would you rather have 15 years of Super Bowl contending teams under Rodgers. Because if Favre comes back, Rodgers is gone.

Bretsky
07-14-2008, 08:32 PM
The best option at QB for the Packers is Rodgers. Why? Because like TT said "Rodgers. Because he is actually on the fricken roster"

Would you rather have one last season with Favre to try to make the SB, when history shows he is going to make the ill advised INT

OR

Would you rather have 15 years of Super Bowl contending teams under Rodgers. Because if Favre comes back, Rodgers is gone.

It could also be several years of Rodgers getting hurt. How do we know what we're getting the fifteen years after Favre leaves ? IMO those options are not fair

PackerTimer
07-14-2008, 08:32 PM

I remember how good he was last year. I also remember how mediocre he was in during the 4-12 and 8-8 seasons. Before you read more into that than I actually said let me clarify. I know Favre is a great QB even at 38. But I'm tired of people thinking he's entitled to something because he was good last year. I'm even more tired of people who say he was the sole reason for our success last year. He wasn't. If it was all his doing why the hell didn't it happen in the two years before last. What was the difference? The difference was the people who Ted Thompson, yes Ted Fucking Thompson, but out on the field with him.

You know I've become awfully tired of all of the crap that Favre and his family have been putting out there. For three years we've been hearing that TT wanted Favre out. The proof was always the lack of weapons he put out there with Favre. Eventually it would force him to retire, right? Well that theory pretty much got debunked this last year. Now what do we do? We'll we make up some other garbage about being pressured into retirement because he wasn't asked back. TT and the Packers still forced him out, it was just a different tactic they used this year. I'm tired of it. And I'm tired of people buying it. Rant over.

People would have you believe that TT has something against Favre. I don't believe it. TT and MM held Favre to the same standard they did with the rest of the team. I don't think the animosity started with TT. It was the other way around.

Chevelle2
07-14-2008, 08:35 PM

OR

It could also be several years of Rodgers getting hurt. How do we know what we're getting the fifteen years after Favre leaves ? IMO those options are not fair

Point taken. But Favre has shown the last 10 years, he can't be the guy to take us all the way anymore. I love him to death, but he can't.

green_bowl_packer
07-14-2008, 08:46 PM

Paco, Favre is not in the league right now. So no, I don't think he should be a starter. If he comes back he should have to compete for a job same as anyone else. If he's top 5 in the league then he should be able to win the competition anyway. So what's the problem?

Is the problem that Team Favre isn't smart enough to figure out that all he has to do is file and show up and if he's not the opening day starter for the Packers all the heat is directly on TT/MM who are benching a first-ballot hall of famer, statically the #1 QB of all-time, Packer's greatest player of the modern era iron-man, blah, blah, blah. If they're offering a competition, he's got to take it, it's smart by the Packers to do this to gauge his "want to" to come back and dedicate himself 100%, if he doesn't take it on, he didn't really want to come back and we'll sit on his rights, end of story. He's too stubborn to notice this because he wants
R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Once he files and shows up, it's out of the Packers control and everyone around the fence at Clark Hinkle Field know a QB when they see one.