PDA

View Full Version : The best day of the offseason

RashanGary
07-14-2008, 09:54 PM
For a couple of reasons.

1st, Brett Favre can no longer leave his teammates to work hard and prepare for the season only to show up on Sundays and pretend like he's one of the guys.

2nd, The Packers obviously feel pretty damn good about their chances without Brett becuase it would be career suicide to move forward with anything other than a very high level of confidence

Out with Favre, in with the new era and it looks to be good. Cheers Packer fans. Even if you don't know it, we just got rid of a horrible cancer.

Bossman641
07-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Dude, you might want to tone it down a little bit.

I think Favre has acted like a little bitch this offseason, but you don't go celebrating his end. He gave his all for the team for many years and formed a special bond with GB. He was/is a great player and gave a lot to the team. It's just a shame that IMO he lost sight of what is necessary to be a great QB.

Sucks it has come to this.

MJZiggy
07-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Harrell, just stop with this, will you? This is anything but good news, and there is a whole forum of very unhappy people, so just lay off rubbing people's noses in shit.

RashanGary
07-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Anyone who didn't see Favre for being this type of a person deserves it. It was obvious.

digitaldean
07-14-2008, 10:05 PM
I have been pretty hard on Brett (and in most cases, rightly so).

But I do NOT celebrate this at all. It never should have come to this.

I do think Brett was a tad bit oblivious to the fact that he has been carrying on about the "will I or won't I" game for the past several years!

If he's gone, it's a dark day. In time it will probably heal, but don't see Favre in GB after inducting Winters in the Packer HOF anytime soon.

Thompson will have to be gone or some pride on both sides will have to be swallowed before he does that.

MJZiggy
07-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Anyone who didn't see Favre for being this type of a person deserves it. It was obvious.

No, they don't deserve this for being a fan of the face of their franchise. Like Dean said, I've been a bit tough on Favre the last couple days as well, because the worship was getting a bit blind, but you're acting like a piece of shit.

RashanGary
07-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Well, good night all. Really, I'm not that happy for Brett but I'm sick of the Favre fans being so snippy and stupid over the years so I just got a chance to give it back. It felt good. Now it's out of my system.

As far as it being a great day, I still think it is because the Packers actions speak louder than words and if you trust their opinions and use a little deductive reasoning you'll see they have a lot of confidence in Rodgers becuase they did have a last minute opportunity to take Brett back.

I really think the Packers are in good hands and am looking forward to this season now more than ever.

GO PACK GO!!

Pacopete4
07-14-2008, 10:10 PM

Type of person? He's going thru a stage of his life where he doesn't want to play in March but come June/July... he wants to strap it up and go at er... its really not a hard concept to understand nor does it make him a diva or a bad person...

And Harrell fuck you for even saying it after all the good he's done OFF the football field for less fortunate people, you fuckin cock sucker

GBRulz
07-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Damn, I was hoping for a "I'm leaving and not coming back" comment from you.

RashanGary
07-14-2008, 10:15 PM

Haha. . . I'm laughing at your pain, not your lousy attempt at harming me.

GBRulz
07-14-2008, 10:17 PM

Haha. . . I'm laughing at your pain, not your lousy attempt at harming me.

Oh JH, you don't need my help...you do just fine on your own !!

Pacopete4
07-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Boy I wish Favre could line u up from 10 yards away and let you have it... you'd cry like a sissy boy

RashanGary
07-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Boy I wish Favre could line u up from 10 yards away and let you have it... you'd cry like a sissy boy

Ouch. That really hurt me, paco.

Ouch.

VegasPackFan
07-14-2008, 10:40 PM
I think the GLOATING over this is the issue people are having. Even if you are mostly correct, you can still have some class about it.

BF did a lot for this team. This whole thing is not really good for him, the team, or the fans.

You could have a little respect.

Bretsky
07-14-2008, 10:50 PM
For a couple of reasons.
1st, Brett Favre can no longer leave his teammates to work hard and prepare for the season only to show up on Sundays and pretend like he's one of the guys. 2nd, The Packers obviously feel pretty damn good about their chances without Brett becuase it would be career suicide to move forward with anything other than a very high level of confidence.Out with Favre, in with the new era and it looks to be good. Cheers Packer fans. Even if you don't know it, we just got rid of a horrible cancer.

Lots of people feeling like knocked out dogs in here

When you choose to knowingly kick the dog while it's down for no good reason, it becomes more likely that one day when you are the dog......people will line up with steel toes ready to kick you

Hope you don't become that dog soon.

Cheers,
B

GrnBay007
07-14-2008, 10:57 PM
For a couple of reasons.
1st, Brett Favre can no longer leave his teammates to work hard and prepare for the season only to show up on Sundays and pretend like he's one of the guys. 2nd, The Packers obviously feel pretty damn good about their chances without Brett becuase it would be career suicide to move forward with anything other than a very high level of confidence.Out with Favre, in with the new era and it looks to be good. Cheers Packer fans. Even if you don't know it, we just got rid of a horrible cancer.

Lots of people feeling like knocked out dogs in here

When you choose to knowingly kick the dog while it's down for no good reason, it becomes more likely that one day when you are the dog......people will line up with steel toes ready to kick you

Hope you don't become that dog soon.

Cheers,
B

B, for once in your life stop trying to be so politically correct :D and tell him that comment is nothing more than a stupid piece of shit would say!

There, it was said.

RashanGary
07-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Well, sorry guys. I get so frustrated when I see some guys work their asses off and then one guy act like he could care less and it's is right to just waltz in. I follow the Packers very closely (obviously) and it's hard to see guys work so hard together to have the most talented on just not even show up and not even know if he wants to be there.

I don't hate Favre at all. A part of me wants it to end just so I can remember all of the good times instead of having the distaste for the way he takes this opportunity for granted. I think now he realizes how much football means to him but without it finally coming to this i think he just felt like everything is owed to him.

Anyway, I can't help but feel a little bad for him. Sorry for being a shit head, but he's been under my skin for the last two years and I definitly didn't take the high road about it.

Pacopete4
07-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Well, sorry guys. I get so frustrated when I see some guys work their asses off and then one guy act like he could care less and it's is right to just waltz in. I follow the Packers very closely (obviously) and it's hard to see guys work so hard together to have the most talented on just not even show up and not even know if he wants to be there.

I don't hate Favre at all. A part of me wants it to end just so I can remember all of the good times instead of having the distaste for the way he takes this opportunity for granted. I think now he realizes how much football means to him but without it finally coming to this i think he just felt like everything is owed to him.

Anyway, I can't help but feel a little bad for him. Sorry for being a shit head, but he's been under my skin for the last two years and I definitly didn't take the high road about it.

You say you want guys there who work hard... Favre said he was the last one out watchin video last year and he would start watchin the next game hours after the packers games.... I think youre way off base in "working hard" Favre wants it more than anyone... maybe not in march, but you dont win games in march, you win em in Sept-Jan... and he's been the best at that, that there has ever been

Partial
07-14-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm pretty sure Brett was the best because of luck and a series of incredible breaks.

RashanGary
07-14-2008, 11:03 PM
Not that it's any excuse, but when you're a "brett Favre realist" and you're around a bunch of Brett Favre lovers it can be a little frustrating. I definitly didn't resist the urge to rub one in but probably should have. Again, it's no exuse but I don't dislike or wish harm on any of you, nor do I wish an ounce of harm on Brett Favre. I think he's a good guy who just lost his humility from the luxuries of stardom. I think the Packers made the right choice, but I think it's very, very hard on everyone involved. I normally don't get all that attached, but I"m sure this was just hell on Favre and hell on the poeple who had to break it to him as well.

oregonpackfan
07-14-2008, 11:06 PM
JH,

I am only in agreement with you that the Packers need to move forward without Brett Favre. If in early March of this year had Favre said, "Hey, I am going to be back for the fall of '08 for another shot at the Super Bowl!" I would have welcomed him back with open arms.

Because of his constant indecision about retiring we have seen the past 3 years, however, I understand 3M and TT's decision and support it.

That said, I agree with the rest of your posters that your comments are despicable. Favre gave everything he had for 16 straight years playing hurt when some QB's would have taken themselves out of the game. His wins and the way he won many games make his legacy incredible.

Statistically, he is the best QB ever to play pro football. Go and research the many NFL records he holds.

I just feel sick for Favre, the Packers, and the fans about the way this ending is playing out. We don't need cutting comments from you to further open the wound.

RashanGary
07-14-2008, 11:09 PM
You say you want guys there who work hard... Favre said he was the last one out watchin video last year and he would start watchin the next game hours after the packers games.... I think youre way off base in "working hard" Favre wants it more than anyone... maybe not in march, but you dont win games in march, you win em in Sept-Jan... and he's been the best at that, that there has ever been

I understand that Paco. I really don't think Favre intentionally did anyting to spite anyone. It would have been enough for him to get ready but when the whole team is there for the offseason and one guy is out, how would you feel. If you're working hard year round and putting in your time and sweat with your teammats, I think it would be natural to expect the others to do the same. I think the Packers are shoooting for a team athmosphere wehre everyone shows up and everyone works. I think they made a very tough decision and it kills them to tell Brett no, but it killed them just as much to see Aaron giving hsi everything only to tell him he's second fiddle to the guy who might waltz in 3 weeks before the season starts. It was a tough spot IMO and I"m sorry for making it into some insensative, A-hole thing.

Pacopete4
07-14-2008, 11:16 PM
You're forgiven Harrell... :lol:

GBRulz
07-14-2008, 11:20 PM
JH - there should be a rule that you can't post what you're thinking until an hour later.

You are like the turrets of posters!! :lol:

RashanGary
07-14-2008, 11:21 PM
You're forgiven Harrell... :lol:

Thanks man, I tried to sleep but I felt like a shit head. I'm 27 years old, you'd think I'd know better than to be a big A-hole. Favre is 38 and still didn't realize some stuff. Maybe I shouldn't be so hard, right?

I still don't fault them for making the call though ;)

RashanGary
07-14-2008, 11:22 PM
JH - there should be a rule that you can't post what you're thinking until an hour later.

You are like the turrets of posters!! :lol:]

YOu're right. I'll go to the Packerrats game this year and you guys and gals can take turns kciking me in the ass :) I'm not nearly as much of a prick in person (go figure, the internet is funny that way).

GBRulz
07-14-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm not nearly as much of a prick in person (go figure, the internet is funny that way).

That's exactly what I thought when I met Mad and Partial :lol: :P

oregonpackfan
07-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Hey JH,

If you are nice to GBR, she might even let you sit next to her at Lambeau Field! :lol:

She let me sit next to her last year and she didn't even need intensive psychotherapy afterwards. 8-)

woodbuck27
07-14-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm not nearly as much of a prick in person (go figure, the internet is funny that way).

That's exactly what I thought when I met Mad and Partial :lol: :P

Sad day M. :shock:

Bretsky
07-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Hey JH,

If you are nice to GBR, she might even let you sit next to her at Lambeau Field! :lol:

She let me sit next to her last year and she didn't even need intensive psychotherapy afterwards. 8-)

If you are really nice to her, she might hook you up with seats in between all 3 bikini girls........I haven't been nice enough yet :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2008, 12:05 AM
I think the Packers are going to have to redo the seating in Lambeau, divide into pro and anti FAvre sections. Otherwise fights will be breaking out during the games.

RashanGary
07-15-2008, 12:05 AM
I think the Packers are going to have to redo the seating in Lambeau, divide into pro and anti FAvre sections. Otherwise fights will be breaking out during the games.

I really pussed out, huh?

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2008, 12:06 AM
i think i know what section you will be safe in, JH.

GBRulz
07-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Hey JH,

OPF - that very well could have been JH sitting next to me at the game last year. Remember that guy?? :lol:

GBRulz
07-15-2008, 08:59 AM
If you are really nice to her, she might hook you up with seats in between all 3 bikini girls........I haven't been nice enough yet :lol:

Exactly...there is no hope for you, B !! :wink:

woodbuck27
07-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Hey JH,

OPF - that very well could have been JH sitting next to me at the game last year. Remember that guy?? :lol:

JH wouldn't identify himself...would he? :D :D :D

oregonpackfan
07-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Hey JH,

Oh yeah, what a traitorous anti-Packer fan that was. Perhaps you should bring your taser and mace this year to the game. :)